Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,765 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:56 PM

I Am Hoping To Buy My First Car With A Budget Of #1m To #2.5m - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Am Hoping To Buy My First Car With A Budget Of #1m To #2.5m (2263 Views)

For A Budget Of ₦‎4M: Which Of These Cars Is Advisable To Buy? / Which SUV is Best For A Budget Of 1.4 Million? / Li Xang: A Chinese Car With A Sleek Design And Amazing Features (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Hoping To Buy My First Car With A Budget Of #1m To #2.5m by Amstrongdod(m): 3:53pm On May 18, 2022
Don't know much about cars so I need the input of to help me make the right choice, I don't want the Uber Corolla of 2003 to 2006.
But I like the Corolla from 2006 to 2010 but I don't know if my budget can get me a direct Belgium of any of those Corolla.

I also have eyes for camry 2006 (big daddy) but they say it's big for nothing and problematic.

I also have eyes for camry muscle 2007 to 2010

Guys please advice me.
Re: I Am Hoping To Buy My First Car With A Budget Of #1m To #2.5m by determination26(m): 4:09pm On May 18, 2022
Whoever told you that big daddy is big for nothing and problematic lied to you and this is coming from someone(me) who actually used a "big for nothing" for about a year(started with a Corolla, then used a friend's camry 06 for a while and now I'm using a matrix). If you can save some more money, buy the Camry direct from USA or Canada and do a vin check to make sure it has a clean title. You can also try and see if you'll get a well maintained naija used but understand that you'll have to buy a naija used car with the same caution a naked man would use when climbing over a barbed wired fence...lol.

The camry I used never gave me electrical or mechanical problems, just normal suspension and tyres because I used the car for bolt in Benin City and that takes a toll on the car suspension because of bad roads. Many factors come into play like the region it was imported from and the state of the car that's why a vin check is very important.

Amstrongdod:
Don't know much about cars so I need the input of to help me make the right choice, I don't want the Uber Corolla of 2003 to 2006.
But I like the Corolla from 2006 to 2010 but I don't know if my budget can get me a direct Belgium of any of those Corolla.

I also have eyes for camry 2006 (big daddy) but they say it's big for nothing and problematic.

Guys please advice me.

4 Likes

Re: I Am Hoping To Buy My First Car With A Budget Of #1m To #2.5m by BigTableShaker(f): 4:12pm On May 18, 2022
Hmmm.
I see you're a Toyota fan.
Anyways, it depends on you and your pocket.

If your a Big guy (in size) or you like Luxury and got extra cash for fuel and maintenance, go for Camry 2008-2010. you can get a decent one for N2.5m

On the other hand, if you're small in size, don't wanna spend more on fuel and maintenance (Sapa guy), Corolla 2008-2011 is your best choice.

Do NOT buy Corolla 2003-2007, that car na thief magnet.
It either you loose it or you loose your life, don't go near it pls.

Godspeed

6 Likes

Re: I Am Hoping To Buy My First Car With A Budget Of #1m To #2.5m by MrFinbarr(m): 8:12pm On May 18, 2022
Amstrongdod:

Guys please advice me.

Whoever told you Big daddy is problematic is a bloody liar and knows nothing about cars. I own a 2005 V6 big daddy for over 4 years now, even though I got another car last year, I've refused to sell the Camry, that car is super reliable and have never failed me for once for the over 4 years. Your 2.5m can easily get you 2005 Camry... Go for the V6 if you are not concerned about fuel economy.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Hoping To Buy My First Car With A Budget Of #1m To #2.5m by Dozieson(m): 6:28am On May 19, 2022
BigTableShaker:
Hmmm.

If your a Big guy (in size) or you like Luxury and got extra cash for fuel and maintenance, go for Camry 2008-2010. you can get a decent one for N2.5m

On the other hand, if you're small in size, don't wanna spend more on fuel and maintenance (Sapa guy), Corolla 2008-2011 is your best choice.

Godspeed

You didn't mention he can only get naija used @ that 2.5m amount
Re: I Am Hoping To Buy My First Car With A Budget Of #1m To #2.5m by melviniyke2002(m): 8:49am On May 19, 2022
Amstrongdod:

Guys please advice me.
camry 2006 is no problematic, i drive 2005 v4 camry,its 3 years now n still going strong, no work on engine n gear,just normal suspension work.......2010 corolla is also very gud depending on ur budget.... spider 2007 to 2009 hv oil burn issues n melting dashboard........though v6 spiders are ok...

3 Likes

Re: I Am Hoping To Buy My First Car With A Budget Of #1m To #2.5m by obisite: 3:52am On May 20, 2022
BigTableShaker:
Hmmm.

Godspeed

With what you stated above, and a budget of 1.5 - 2m..which car you recommend..

I've been eyeing corrola, but menh.. With the news here on different thread, stolen car, broken glasses, brain box, etc.. Majority happens to be corrola...

I'm considering changing mind, but confuse on which to now go for..

Fuel & maintenance friendly

Car not for regular use, Probably only for weekends activities for the family, church, within town errands.. Shikina!!!
Re: I Am Hoping To Buy My First Car With A Budget Of #1m To #2.5m by shigoawesu(m): 5:34am On May 20, 2022
determination26:
Whoever told you that big daddy is big for nothing and problematic lied to you and this is coming from someone(me) who actually used a "big for nothing" for about a year(started with a Corolla, then used a friend's camry 06 for a while and now I'm using a matrix). If you can save some more money, buy the Camry direct from USA or Canada and do a vin check to make sure it has a clean title. You can also try and see if you'll get a well maintained naija used but understand that you'll have to buy a naija used car with the same caution a naked man would use when climbing over a barbed wired fence...lol.

The camry I used never gave me electrical or mechanical problems, just normal suspension and tyres because I used the car for bolt in Benin City and that takes a toll on the car suspension because of bad roads. Many factors come into play like the region it was imported from and the state of the car that's why a vin check is very important.

Please how good is Matrix
Am hoping to get a car for hauling Bolt or Uber, I heard Corolla is good but too expensive now.
Tell me about Matrix please or any good brand that is good for that purpose
Re: I Am Hoping To Buy My First Car With A Budget Of #1m To #2.5m by shigoawesu(m): 5:36am On May 20, 2022
BigTableShaker:
Hmmm.

Godspeed
Do you know price range for the 2008 to 2011 Corolla
Re: I Am Hoping To Buy My First Car With A Budget Of #1m To #2.5m by Dozieson(m): 5:58am On May 20, 2022
shigoawesu:

Am hoping to get a car for hauling Bolt or Uber, I heard Corolla is good but too expensive now.

Matrix is using same engine as Corolla. It is as good as Corolla
Re: I Am Hoping To Buy My First Car With A Budget Of #1m To #2.5m by determination26(m): 6:42am On May 20, 2022
Matrix is as good as a Corolla in my opinion, same engine, same parts, same fuel consumption. If you look at the manual, the name written is Corolla Matrix. Another good brand for Uber/ bolt is Honda Civic, it's not plagued by the usual leg wahala and the fuel economy seems to be better than Corolla from my research(I may be wrong though) and it doesn't seem to be a theif magnet like Corolla.

shigoawesu:

Re: I Am Hoping To Buy My First Car With A Budget Of #1m To #2.5m by shigoawesu(m): 6:46am On May 20, 2022
determination26:
Matrix is as good as a Corolla in my opinion, same engine, same parts, same fuel consumption. If you look at the manual, the name written is Corolla Matrix. Another good brand for Uber/ bolt is Honda Civic, it's not plagued by the usual leg wahala and the fuel economy seems to be better than Corolla from my research(I may be wrong though) and it doesn't seem to be a theif magnet like Corolla.

Thanks
What year of the Civic and if you have an idea of the price
Re: I Am Hoping To Buy My First Car With A Budget Of #1m To #2.5m by BigTableShaker(f): 7:03am On May 20, 2022
shigoawesu:
Do you know price range for the 2008 to 2011 Corolla
For 2011, the best version of Toks ranges from 3-4m For 2008-2010, 3m would get it.

Godspeed
Re: I Am Hoping To Buy My First Car With A Budget Of #1m To #2.5m by BigTableShaker(f): 7:13am On May 20, 2022
obisite:

With what you stated above, and a budget of 1.5 - 2m..which car you recommend..

I've been eyeing corrola, but menh.. With the news here on different thread, stolen car, broken glasses, brain box, etc.. Majority happens to be corrola...

I'm considering changing mind, but confuse on which to now go for..

Fuel & maintenance friendly

Car not for regular use, Probably only for weekends activities for the family, church, within town errands.. Shikina!!!

With 1.5 to 2m, You'll get a very good Honda Accord 2010.
It's a fine performance luxury sedan with sweet fuel economy and cheap maintenance.
You will have peace of mind from the men of the underworld and police tho.

On the other hand,, you can get a Clean Used 2008 Camry too.
The Car is sweet, luxurious, spacious and rugged but...
Youll be ready to pay more on fuel and high cost of maintenance.
Not forgetting Police and Car thieves; they love this Camry eh?!
You may go to Church on a fine Sunday with the car and never return with it; that's how bad it is.

In Abuja, robbers are killing the "overrated Corolla" owners nowadays.
Kindly stay away from Corolla pls.

Las las, it's all depend on you.
Re: I Am Hoping To Buy My First Car With A Budget Of #1m To #2.5m by obisite: 7:54am On May 20, 2022
BigTableShaker:

With 1.5 to 2m, You'll get a very good Honda Accord 2010.
It's a fine performance luxury sedan with sweet fuel economy and cheap maintenance.
You will have peace of mind from the men of the underworld and police tho.

On the other hand,, you can get a Clean Used 2008 Camry too.
The Car is sweet, luxurious, spacious and rugged but...
Youll be ready to pay more on fuel and high cost of maintenance.
Not forgetting Police and Car thieves; they love this Camry eh?!
You may go to Church on a fine Sunday with the car and never return with it; that's how bad it is.

In Abuja, robbers are killing the "overrated Corolla" owners nowadays.
Kindly stay away from Corolla pls.

Las las, it's all depend on you.

Thanks I appreciate,

Honda.. Its cool.. Look robust to me.. Though not ruling out..

But what you think about matrix.. Or camry 06..
Re: I Am Hoping To Buy My First Car With A Budget Of #1m To #2.5m by BigTableShaker(f): 8:43am On May 20, 2022
obisite:

Thanks I appreciate,
Honda.. Its cool.. Look robust to me.. Though not ruling out..
But what you think about matrix.. Or camry 06..
Matrix is cool but it's quite overrated and expensive like the Corolla. But Big Daddy? Oh my, how did I missed that?!
Camry 06 is a real deal.
Re: I Am Hoping To Buy My First Car With A Budget Of #1m To #2.5m by Aaaaarghmed(m): 8:51am On May 20, 2022
Get camry the Camry 06,since you like toyota.then for Honda, get honda DC,or honda civic
Re: I Am Hoping To Buy My First Car With A Budget Of #1m To #2.5m by Dozieson(m): 9:19am On May 20, 2022
BigTableShaker:

For 2011, the best version of Toks ranges from 3-4m
For 2008-2010, 3m would get it.

Godspeed

3m won't get you toks 2008-2012 Corolla. 3m is for the 2003-2007.
Re: I Am Hoping To Buy My First Car With A Budget Of #1m To #2.5m by determination26(m): 10:10am On May 20, 2022
I don't really know much about the car but I'm going to do my research because I'm considering buying it as my next car. I know it's cheaper than Corolla and maybe matrix, the parts are relatively cheaper.

shigoawesu:

Thanks
What year of the Civic and if you have an idea of the price

Re: I Am Hoping To Buy My First Car With A Budget Of #1m To #2.5m by shigoawesu(m): 4:21pm On May 20, 2022
determination26:
I don't really know much about the car but I'm going to do my research because I'm considering buying it as my next car. I know it's cheaper than Corolla and maybe matrix, the parts are relatively cheaper.

Thanks
Kindly update me on findings please
Re: I Am Hoping To Buy My First Car With A Budget Of #1m To #2.5m by shigoawesu(m): 4:26pm On May 20, 2022
BigTableShaker:

For 2011, the best version of Toks ranges from 3-4m
For 2008-2010, 3m would get it.

Godspeed

Thanks
Re: I Am Hoping To Buy My First Car With A Budget Of #1m To #2.5m by Iamfavored: 8:36am On May 23, 2022
determination26:

Thank you boss smiley
Re: I Am Hoping To Buy My First Car With A Budget Of #1m To #2.5m by Iamfavored: 8:44am On May 23, 2022
BigTableShaker:
Hmmm.

Godspeed
Why don't they still corolla 08+?
Re: I Am Hoping To Buy My First Car With A Budget Of #1m To #2.5m by BigTableShaker(f): 12:19pm On May 23, 2022
Iamfavored:

Why don't they still corolla 08+?
For the thief mind, 08 upwards dey consume fuel and it doesn't move in the market unlike the 03-07 version that you can put one litre of water and it will run from Lagos to Abuja.

1 Like

Re: I Am Hoping To Buy My First Car With A Budget Of #1m To #2.5m by Iamfavored: 2:08pm On May 23, 2022
BigTableShaker:

For the thief mind, 08 upwards dey consume fuel and it doesn't move in the market unlike the 03-07 version that you can put one litre of water and it will run from Lagos to Abuja.
Oh I see! cheesy
Re: I Am Hoping To Buy My First Car With A Budget Of #1m To #2.5m by Control7: 8:18pm On May 23, 2022
melviniyke2002:
camry 2006 is no problematic, i drive 2005 v4 camry,its 3 years now n still going strong, no work on engine n gear,just normal suspension work.......2010 corolla is also very gud depending on ur budget.... spider 2007 to 2009 hv oil burn issues n melting dashboard........though v6 spiders are ok...

Are you saying the 2005 v4 camry you drive does not have oil burn issue?

Or is it not same 2az engine.
Re: I Am Hoping To Buy My First Car With A Budget Of #1m To #2.5m by Dozieson(m): 10:43pm On May 23, 2022
Control7:

Not all 2az burns all. The one that are notorious for oil burn is 2007-2009 @ 80,000miles. 2002-2006 are not know for oil burn.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Hoping To Buy My First Car With A Budget Of #1m To #2.5m by melviniyke2002(m): 3:08pm On May 24, 2022
Control7:

no oil burn issue,since car enter naija i used mobil 1 5w 30 extended performance full synthetic ...i do 5000 miles or more bf any top up....den change oil again with filter....buy all my oil n filter frm dru23..pics was my last supply frm dru23

Re: I Am Hoping To Buy My First Car With A Budget Of #1m To #2.5m by thelamboboss: 3:23pm On May 24, 2022
Please I need your response.
What do you think about Mercedes Benz E350 2008?

What’s your experience with using it like?

Is it advisable as an only car and good for long drives like travels?

What is the downside of driving it on bumpy roads during travel?

Please drop experienced response ��
Re: I Am Hoping To Buy My First Car With A Budget Of #1m To #2.5m by BestTrades: 3:42am On Jun 02, 2022

To check vin of any car

For Free Vehicle History Report...

https://verifyithq.com/free-vehicle-history-report/

For comprehensive vehicle history report ..

https://verifyithq.com/services/vehicle-history-reports/
Re: I Am Hoping To Buy My First Car With A Budget Of #1m To #2.5m by OBALOLA55(m): 5:57pm On Jun 02, 2022
BigTableShaker:
Hmmm.

Godspeed
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN 2007 COROLLA AND 2008 MODEL undecided
Re: I Am Hoping To Buy My First Car With A Budget Of #1m To #2.5m by Aladiautos(m): 7:12am On Jun 03, 2022
Bro it's best you spend big to enjoy long than vice-versa

Meanwhile,

Full Options 2009 Honda CR-V in Silver Colour For Sale in Lekki, Lagos

▶️ ASKING PRICE: 5,000,000

✅Interior: Black Leather Interior

✅Engine: 2.4L

Other features:
Anti-lock braking system (ABS) w/electronic brake distribution...
Brake assist
Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA) w/traction control
Advanced Compatibility Engineering (ACE) body structure
Side-impact door beams
Daytime running lights
Dual-stage, dual-threshold front airbags
Front side-impact airbags w/passenger-side occupant position...
Side curtain airbags w/rollover sensor, front & rear
3-point seat belts in all seating positions -inc: front...
Lower anchors & tethers for children (LATCH)
Child-proof rear door locks
Tire pressure monitoring system

Buy and Drive with no issues!!!

The 2009 Honda CR-V coaxes adequate performance from its 166-horsepower, 2.4-liter four-cylinder engine, despite the fact that most competitors use larger engines. Overall, the driving experience feels quite refined with the smooth-shifting five-speed automatic.

Find a buyer and get a guaranteed commission once they confirm you

▶️ Asking Price: 5,000,000

Check profile for contact details

(1) (Reply)

Btw Ford Edge, Vw Touareg, Toyota Prado, Lexus Gx / Pls Which Do I Buy, Nigerian Used 06 Infiniti Fx35 Or 06 Pathfinder / Track Dreams Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.