Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,039 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

Work Men Allegedly Set 27 Million Naira Building Ablaze Over 2K Payment Deficit - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Work Men Allegedly Set 27 Million Naira Building Ablaze Over 2K Payment Deficit (1786 Views)

Two Married Men Allegedly Gang-rape 11-year-old Girl In Abia / Woman Allegedly Set Ablaze By Her 'Jealous' Co-Wife Dies In Owerri (Graphic Pix) / Mob Sets Police Station Ablaze Over Killing Of Youth In Imo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Work Men Allegedly Set 27 Million Naira Building Ablaze Over 2K Payment Deficit by Nksleek: 3:57pm On May 18, 2022
Work Men Allegedly Set 27 Million Naira Building Ablaze Over 2K Payment Deficit In Delta

Yet to be identified individuals suspected to be work men have allegedly set ablaze a 27 million naira building that is under construction in Kokori, Ethiope East Local Government Area of Delta State.

Focus Naija can report that a video of the building while it was on fire surfaced and went viral online on Wednesday morning.

According to reports by eyewitnesses and first time respondents at the scene, the owner of the building had a disagreement with a bricklayer whose identity was not readily mentioned.

Further probe into the incident, another source alleged that the disagreement snowballed into a fight and the owner used a bamboo to hit the bricklayer and he died.

The source said;

Fight broke out between one brick layer and the person building the house, so along the line, the man hit bamboo on the brick layer guy head and he died.

“Though what brought about the fight is that the owner of the house refuse to pay the brick layer his 2k, that he wants to monitor the work first before payment.

As at the time of filing this report, neither the owner of the building nor the workmen could be reached for comments into the incident.

Watch the video on Facebook;

Source: https://www.facebook.com/100041566351018/posts/859254975470040/?d=n

1 Share

Re: Work Men Allegedly Set 27 Million Naira Building Ablaze Over 2K Payment Deficit by Puskas: 3:59pm On May 18, 2022
If the news is true then the owner of the house got what he bargained for. Why withholding the bricklayer's 2k and on top of that still burst bottle on his head

2 Likes

Re: Work Men Allegedly Set 27 Million Naira Building Ablaze Over 2K Payment Deficit by NoPlaceLike(f): 4:00pm On May 18, 2022
Na was o. That was going to far.
Re: Work Men Allegedly Set 27 Million Naira Building Ablaze Over 2K Payment Deficit by caesymore(m): 4:06pm On May 18, 2022
ok, oh...

If only I can use the flame to light my kpoli, what an expensive kopli its gona be grin

R.I.P to the dead more money to the living.
Re: Work Men Allegedly Set 27 Million Naira Building Ablaze Over 2K Payment Deficit by realstars: 4:10pm On May 18, 2022
You hire worker, you refuced to pay him, you kill him and lost 27 millo over 2k, oh! what a wicked land lord.

3 Likes

Re: Work Men Allegedly Set 27 Million Naira Building Ablaze Over 2K Payment Deficit by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:30pm On May 18, 2022
Fight broke out between one brick layer and the person building the house, so along the line, the man hit bamboo on the brick layer guy head and he died.

“Though what brought about the fight is that the owner of the house refuse to pay the brick layer his 2k, that he wants to monitor the work first before payment.
Somethings in this life are not just worth it.
Only the wise will understand

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Work Men Allegedly Set 27 Million Naira Building Ablaze Over 2K Payment Deficit by abhee007(m): 4:52pm On May 18, 2022
post=112953151:

Somethings in this life are not just worth it.
Only the wise will understand
tell that to man whose back is aching after working since morning.. anybody in those shoes would do same.
Re: Work Men Allegedly Set 27 Million Naira Building Ablaze Over 2K Payment Deficit by Pathokpo: 4:57pm On May 18, 2022
Nksleek:
Work Men Allegedly Set 27 Million Naira Building Ablaze Over 2K Payment Deficit In Delta

Yet to be identified individuals suspected to be work men have allegedly set ablaze a 27 million naira building that is under construction in Kokori, Ethiope East Local Government Area of Delta State.

Focus Naija can report that a video of the building while it was on fire surfaced and went viral online on Wednesday morning.

According to reports by eyewitnesses and first time respondents at the scene, the owner of the building had a disagreement with a bricklayer whose identity was not readily mentioned.

Further probe into the incident, another source alleged that the disagreement snowballed into a fight and the owner used a bamboo to hit the bricklayer and he died.

The source said;

As at the time of filing this report, neither the owner of the building nor the workmen could be reached for comments into the incident.

Watch the video on Facebook;

Source: https://www.facebook.com/100041566351018/posts/859254975470040/?d=n
This is one of the defects of a failed state. Had it been the said bricklayers had confidence on the judicial system he would have reported the the relevant authorities and all this mayhem avoided.

2 Likes

Re: Work Men Allegedly Set 27 Million Naira Building Ablaze Over 2K Payment Deficit by paulolee(m): 5:00pm On May 18, 2022
atimes its better you just pay these little change to avoid incoming trouble..
street say, na small shiit de stain yansh, am more pained about the death of dt worker just bcoz of 2k than the so called "27m house"

2 Likes

Re: Work Men Allegedly Set 27 Million Naira Building Ablaze Over 2K Payment Deficit by paulolee(m): 5:02pm On May 18, 2022
realstars:
You hire worker, you refuced to pay him, you kill him and lost 27 millo over 2k, oh! what a wicked land lord.
very wiked owner..las las them go settle out of court, he pay the family and start building again but who don die no go come bk again..
just bcoz of 2k oo

4 Likes

Re: Work Men Allegedly Set 27 Million Naira Building Ablaze Over 2K Payment Deficit by oz4real83(m): 5:18pm On May 18, 2022
Somebody that spent N27m on a building isn't willing to pay N2000 to a bricklayer and this has led to the burning down of the N27m house, this doesn't sound normal. How you make your money matters a lot in this life, there are things you shouldn't do all because of money. Karma can come in different forms just like in this case. The man may even go to jail for murder all because of indiscretion.

3 Likes

Re: Work Men Allegedly Set 27 Million Naira Building Ablaze Over 2K Payment Deficit by Nwaomaah: 6:02pm On May 18, 2022
Once installed CCTV cameras for a politician at his sidechick beauty shop. My balance remain 30k which was the price of the hard drive I took from my boss's shop and this man simply wouldn't give me the money. From September to December he kept whining me. That December, he bought a truck load of rice and cows for his village (shared by the sidechick on WhatsApp) yet 30k was a problem to give me.
One day I went to the shop on the guise of maintenance and took out the hard drive. I stopped calling for my money while he and his babe didn't call either.
One day the shop was robbed to the tune of about 4 million naira and he went to the CCTV to recover the footage but nothing was recorded. He then remembered my number. I simply told him I took the hard drive back last year (it's been more than a year). He kept threatening, I hung up on him!
Greed makes the rich to compete with the poor for the grasshopper on the field even though he already has the elephant in his barn.
Serves the rich how owner right! Burn it all down, in fact throw him into the burning house!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Work Men Allegedly Set 27 Million Naira Building Ablaze Over 2K Payment Deficit by Nobody: 6:06pm On May 18, 2022
MADNESS!

1 Like

Re: Work Men Allegedly Set 27 Million Naira Building Ablaze Over 2K Payment Deficit by NaijaCoverBlog(m): 6:45pm On May 18, 2022
Nawa o
Re: Work Men Allegedly Set 27 Million Naira Building Ablaze Over 2K Payment Deficit by ThePlugg(m): 8:39pm On May 18, 2022
The workman's life is worth more than that 27m....omo d owner deserve more,na to burn ehn soul
Re: Work Men Allegedly Set 27 Million Naira Building Ablaze Over 2K Payment Deficit by Vicdgreat556(m): 8:45pm On May 18, 2022
You see this so called owners of house, and some engineer ehn,watin dem dey use bricklayer eyes dey see, sometimes you will work,to pay you na problem, after Even much pricing of the work that cost 7k to 5k,to still pay na problem,but just say oga no cement again,in the next 10min,20bags cement has landed, and you will be surprised,and asking, isn't this same man that is dragging 1k with you and complaining no money?. By the Time u re about finishing the work,dey zoom off, and you go call tire .. like this I just dey reach house from where I went to set 193 block,up work oo, without no money, different story from the engr,that no cash now,ok transfer,he said his bank is having issues,wen I tire I manage reach house lie down for ground o....the peanut dey want to pay u looks so big like dey re dashing u..I yus tire ..

2 Likes

Re: Work Men Allegedly Set 27 Million Naira Building Ablaze Over 2K Payment Deficit by jimpat2006(m): 9:23pm On May 18, 2022
Re: Work Men Allegedly Set 27 Million Naira Building Ablaze Over 2K Payment Deficit by Nksleek: 6:51pm On May 19, 2022
Lalasticlala
Re: Work Men Allegedly Set 27 Million Naira Building Ablaze Over 2K Payment Deficit by Nksleek: 7:07pm On May 19, 2022
OAM4J

(1) (Reply)

Suspected Herdsmen Attack Farmer In Ebonyi Community (Graphic Photos) / VIDEO: Nigerian Pedophile 419 Scammer CRUCIFIED!!! (VIDEO) / Please Help! She Duped Me Of 140k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.