Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,785 members, 7,831,533 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:18 PM

I’m Wondering When We Voted To Go To War?’ – US Congressman - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / I’m Wondering When We Voted To Go To War?’ – US Congressman (868 Views)

Gaza: How Countries Voted To Protect Civilians & Humanitarian Truce / Zambian Currency Is Now Best In Africa After We Voted In A Good Leader. / Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m Wondering When We Voted To Go To War?’ – US Congressman by Teazer4(m): 12:12am On May 19, 2022
Chip Roy accused his fellow lawmakers of waging a “proxy war” so they can “look all fancy with our blue and yellow ribbons”

Congressman Chip Roy (R-Texas) has condemned House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer for stating that the US is “at war,” presumably with Russia. Roy hammered Democrats and Republicans alike for deepening America’s involvement in the Ukraine conflict in order to “feel good about ourselves.”

In a video clip posted by Roy’s press office on Wednesday, the Texas Republican took aim at Hoyer for declaring on Friday that the US is “at war,” and that critics of the Democratic Party should “focus on the enemy” instead of rising energy costs at home.

When I hear the majority leader of the other party say ‘a time of war’...I’m wondering when we voted to go to war?” Roy said.

If we're gonna have a proxy war, and we're gonna give $40 billion to Ukraine, because we want to look all fancy with our blue and yellow ribbons and feel good about ourselves, maybe we should actually have a debate in this chamber,” he continued.

Roy was one of 57 House Republicans who voted against the passage of the $40 billion military and economic aid bill for Ukraine earlier this month. However, the bill had strong bipartisan support and passed with 368 votes to 57. It is now expected to pass the Senate later this week.

Republican lawmakers opposing the bill either argue that the money would be better spent solving domestic issues or that pumping military aid into Ukraine risks drawing the US into war with nuclear-armed Russia, or both.

Roy, who described the bill as “garbage,” reiterated these arguments on Wednesday. “When the border of this country is wide open…and fentanyl is pouring in and we have $30.5 trillion of debt and gas prices are spiking and $1,100 to fill a tank of diesel, and we go ‘oh, blank check for $40 billion.”

“By the way, I’m looking at my colleagues on this side of the aisle on that same point,” he concluded.

Aside from supporting the $40 billion package making its way through Congress, the Biden administration has already given Ukraine nearly $4 billion worth of weapons since February, has placed an embargo on Russian oil and gas imports, and has imposed several rounds of economic sanctions on Moscow.

With the US arming Ukraine and sharing intelligence with Kiev’s forces, Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov has accused Washington of waging a “proxy war” against Russia, while Russian Security Council Secretary Nikolay Patrushev claimed on Tuesday that the West has used Ukraine as pretext to fight an “undeclared war” against Russia’s “very statehood.”

1 Like

Re: I’m Wondering When We Voted To Go To War?’ – US Congressman by Teazer4(m): 12:13am On May 19, 2022
I’m waiting for that retarrd to come and post screenshots of his sextapes and other scandals. Programmed ediot

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Wondering When We Voted To Go To War?’ – US Congressman by chopnaira: 12:30am On May 19, 2022
Teazer4:
[s]I’m waiting for that retarrd to come and post screenshots of his sextapes and other scandals. Programmed ediot[/s]

Perhaps there are many ediots on Nairaland then including yourself.

Ediots programmed to lick Putin's pink slav (untermensch) arsehole

Re: I’m Wondering When We Voted To Go To War?’ – US Congressman by Teazer4(m): 12:40am On May 19, 2022
As expected, a programmed ediot replied, but I no Dey mention zombies… crawl back into your hole kiddo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I’m Wondering When We Voted To Go To War?’ – US Congressman by Teazer4(m): 12:42am On May 19, 2022
Focus on the message and leave the messenger, but y’all frustrated poor kids won’t do that, Putin ain’t responsible for ya generational poverty….

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Wondering When We Voted To Go To War?’ – US Congressman by chopnaira: 12:44am On May 19, 2022
Teazer4:
As expected, I am a programmed ediot , but I no Dey mention zombies…I will now crawl back into my hole kiddo
Yes. Crawl back into your dark cockroach infested hole.
Re: I’m Wondering When We Voted To Go To War?’ – US Congressman by Ibime(m): 12:44am On May 19, 2022
They voted to go to war when 368 House members voted for the weapons package as against 57 far-right Up Roosha clowns like himself

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Wondering When We Voted To Go To War?’ – US Congressman by chopnaira: 12:45am On May 19, 2022
Teazer4:
Focus on the message and leave the messenger, but y’all frustrated poor kids won’t do that, Putin ain’t responsible for ya generational poverty….

But Putin is responsible for you fleeing Nigeria to South Africa to escape your generational poverty. Still the poverty is latched into you in Sata Afrika
Re: I’m Wondering When We Voted To Go To War?’ – US Congressman by chopnaira: 12:46am On May 19, 2022
Sha no let those xenophobic boys use you do Suya

Rubbish.
Re: I’m Wondering When We Voted To Go To War?’ – US Congressman by Teazer4(m): 12:46am On May 19, 2022
Nah Victor’s mention I Dey expect, you this nonentity, I no Dey read your thrash and you no go see reply. I no send your papa….
Re: I’m Wondering When We Voted To Go To War?’ – US Congressman by chopnaira: 12:47am On May 19, 2022
Ibime:
They voted to go to war when 368 House members voted for the weapons package as against 57 far-right Up Roosha clowns like himself

Re: I’m Wondering When We Voted To Go To War?’ – US Congressman by Teazer4(m): 12:48am On May 19, 2022
Well

Re: I’m Wondering When We Voted To Go To War?’ – US Congressman by Teazer4(m): 12:53am On May 19, 2022
I no Dey mention worthless username, mention from now till tomorrow, you no go get reply…. If you like chop kobo, wetin concern me

Do I look like someone who get fvck to give

1 Like

Re: I’m Wondering When We Voted To Go To War?’ – US Congressman by chopnaira: 12:58am On May 19, 2022
Teazer4:
I no Dey mention worthless username, mention from now till tomorrow, you no go get reply…. If you like chop kobo, wetin concern me

Do I look like someone who get fvck to give

This good news is heartbreaking for some Putin arse lickers.

https://www.nairaland.com/7133851/russia-ukraine-war-us-re-opens-embassy#112965550
Re: I’m Wondering When We Voted To Go To War?’ – US Congressman by Teazer4(m): 1:03am On May 19, 2022
I see you’re gallivanting upandan like a girl on heat… you no go get reply, create your own thread and ignore my propaganda….

1 Like

Re: I’m Wondering When We Voted To Go To War?’ – US Congressman by chopnaira: 1:04am On May 19, 2022
Teazer4:
I see you’re gallivanting upandan like a girl on heat… you no go get reply, create your own thread and ignore my propaganda….
Lol. This one wey you dey reply in proxy. I don't bite grin

Re: I’m Wondering When We Voted To Go To War?’ – US Congressman by Teazer4(m): 1:07am On May 19, 2022
I don’t feel like quoting you cos like gambisomething wey I intentionally post that comment for , he go leave messages and start attacking the messenger, oh wait shey na you be Gambi username ni… you guys have something in common… I won’t be surprised. I have nothing against you or anyone here…. It’s just fun, cos missiles no Dey fly on-top my head here … stay safe

1 Like

Re: I’m Wondering When We Voted To Go To War?’ – US Congressman by chopnaira: 1:14am On May 19, 2022
Teazer4:
I don’t feel like quoting you cos like gambisomething wey I intentionally post that comment for , he go leave messages and start attacking the messenger, oh wait shey na you be Gambi username ni… you guys have something in common… I won’t be surprised. I have nothing against you or anyone here…. It’s just fun, cos missiles no Dey fly on-top my head here … stay safe
Peace chairman

1 Like

Re: I’m Wondering When We Voted To Go To War?’ – US Congressman by Teazer4(m): 1:19am On May 19, 2022
chopnaira:

Peace chairman
God bless

Re: I’m Wondering When We Voted To Go To War?’ – US Congressman by NigerianSage: 1:46am On May 19, 2022
The psycho and racist KKK clown in Texas won't even hesitate to lynch your black asss. SMH.

2 Likes

Re: I’m Wondering When We Voted To Go To War?’ – US Congressman by donaldking10: 3:25am On May 19, 2022
this is just like buhari sending Nigerian soldiers on a peace keeping mission in other African countries, while bandits ravage our lands.
Re: I’m Wondering When We Voted To Go To War?’ – US Congressman by NigerianSage: 3:41am On May 19, 2022
Teazer4:

...but the US did not vote to go to war and the American President and Congress did not declare war on any country so exactly what message do you want us to focus on?

I know the congressman in question is a loonie that even his own party members don't take seriously, but what about you? You don't think for yourself?

Or do you have any proof that the US is at war with any country?

You need to slow down sometimes..

1 Like

Re: I’m Wondering When We Voted To Go To War?’ – US Congressman by VictorUSA(m): 6:38am On May 19, 2022
Why must Steny Hoyer state that the U.S is at war? His inability to burry the subconscious in his choice of words just revealed his stack unprofessionalism in fighting a "proxy war". Divisive Republicans like Greene and Roy will use this statement as a political tool.

1 Like

Re: I’m Wondering When We Voted To Go To War?’ – US Congressman by Teazer4(m): 12:42pm On May 19, 2022
NigerianSage:

...but the US did not vote to go to war and the American President and Congress did not declare war on any country so exactly what message do you want us to focus on?

I know the congressman in question is a loonie that even his own party members don't take seriously, but what about you? You don't think for yourself?

Or do you have any proof that the US is at war with any country?
You need to slow down sometimes..
bro no be me write the article, I only share what I read, if you don’t like it, you can simply ignore, that’s not hard to do…why are you stressing yourself? If you wan discuss American politics fully, check their thread here. Nah why I talk say focus on the messages. Abeg no more mention….
Re: I’m Wondering When We Voted To Go To War?’ – US Congressman by NigerianSage: 4:05pm On May 19, 2022
Teazer4:
bro no be me write the article, I only share what I read, if you don’t like it, you can simply ignore, that’s not hard to do…why are you stressing yourself? If you wan discuss American politics fully, check their thread here. Nah why I talk say focus on the messages. Abeg no more mention….

Teazer4:

We keep saying all you do is dump fake news and rubbish on NL and you keep confirming that you do..

The US did not declare war and is not fighting any war so regardless of any rubbish saying otherwise, you should be the first to label it false.

Not only that, after highlighting your fake news, you are throwing tantrums and bullying and trying to force us to focus on your fake story.

NL allow you so much freedom to litter NL with fake rubbish that you feel so bold to keep posting you fake news and even bully people to swallow it

We know NL lack standards and values and all manner of rubbish goes, but, do you really have no shame?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I’m Wondering When We Voted To Go To War?’ – US Congressman by Teazer4(m): 4:09pm On May 19, 2022
Who be dis mosquito…. Get a life!!! Fvck of my mention.

Re: I’m Wondering When We Voted To Go To War?’ – US Congressman by Teazer4(m): 4:10pm On May 19, 2022
Create your own thread with the real news and fvck off my fake news…..one more mention and I go curse your papa…. Avoid me !!!

Re: I’m Wondering When We Voted To Go To War?’ – US Congressman by Teazer4(m): 4:21pm On May 19, 2022
Double Wahala

Re: I’m Wondering When We Voted To Go To War?’ – US Congressman by NigerianSage: 6:55pm On May 19, 2022
Teazer4:
Create your own thread with the real news and fvck off my fake news…..one more mention and I go curse your papa…. Avoid me !!!

I didn't need to create any thread just to highlight your fake news, crooked deceptions, miseducation and mindless propaganda.

Dude, why are you cursing and throwing tantrums like a 2-year-old toddler?

You are acting as if your life starts and ends with fake news and crooked deceptions.

Btw, after cursing other people's father because you eat, breath and sniff fake news/7, what next? Will it make your fake news life better?

Get a life abeg..

1 Like

Re: I’m Wondering When We Voted To Go To War?’ – US Congressman by NigerianSage: 7:01pm On May 19, 2022
When Turkey finally greenlights Finland and Sweden joining NATO after negotiations and concessions, what's next?

Who are you going to run after since Putin's loss and colossal failure in Ukraine and Turkey eventually greenlighting NATO membership for Finland and Ukraine?

I guess some useless and inconsequential US congressman ...lol

You are running out of heroes and options....see life..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I’m Wondering When We Voted To Go To War?’ – US Congressman by Teazer4(m): 7:03pm On May 19, 2022
NigerianSage:

I didn't need to create any thread just to highlight your fake news, crooked deceptions, miseducation and mindless propaganda.

Dude, why are you cursing and throwing tantrums like a 2-year-old toddler?

You are acting as if your life starts and ends with fake news and crooked deceptions.

Btw, after cursing other people's father because you eat, breath and sniff fake news/7, what next? Will it make your fake news life better?

Get a life abeg..
nah you dey self-service on every thread here, nah you no get life kid.. Abi na ASUU lock you for house ni…. You don’t need to get a life, I no send you. Now fvck off my mention

Re: I’m Wondering When We Voted To Go To War?’ – US Congressman by NigerianSage: 7:55pm On May 19, 2022
Teazer4:
nah you dey self-service on every thread here, nah you no get life kid.. Abi na ASUU lock you for house ni…. You don’t need to get a life, I no send you. Now fvck off my mention

lol.. ASUU is the new reason why you carry fake news on top shoulder like your bread and butter in life..

See life..

Where is the proof that the US declared war on any country.? Can we at least get that info?

Abi it's still fake news?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Russia Is Not Losing The War, They've Taken 20% Of Ukrainian Land / The Real Israelites Are BLACK AFRICANS / Barack Obama Have Won The 2008 Us Presidential Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.