Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,909 members, 7,810,500 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:11 AM

See What My Boss Told Us In A Meeting - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / See What My Boss Told Us In A Meeting (3073 Views)

My Female Boss Told Me To Strip Unclad In Front Of Her / HELP : My Ex Is Now My Boss / My Female Boss Told Me To Strip Unclad In Front Of Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See What My Boss Told Us In A Meeting by Rtk5: 8:51am On May 19, 2022
This morning we were called for a briefing in my office and said he noticed we usually come to work anytime we like. What got everyone angry was after the complain, he said we should put it in mind that he has more than 150 application letters. That was were he stopped and we all know the meaning of that. That was really wrong of him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See What My Boss Told Us In A Meeting by Tonypens48(m): 8:53am On May 19, 2022
H
Re: See What My Boss Told Us In A Meeting by Flamees(m): 8:54am On May 19, 2022
Re: See What My Boss Told Us In A Meeting by Bluezy13(m): 8:54am On May 19, 2022
It wasn't wrong of him.
Employees can be so annoying.

When the time for work is 8a.m, they will come by 8:10/8:20.
When you decided to reach an understanding with them and adjust the time to 8:20a.m, they will instead come by 8:30am citing one excuse or the other.
When you fire them, they and outsiders will see you as a wicked and inconsiderate human being...just like the OP.

The other day, I literally told two subordinates that their lateness was getting out of hand and one of these days I will fire them from the gate without prior notice if it continues and that will be after I must have carefully gotten replacements who will resume immediately after they are fired.
They had to sit-up.
I have a superior, and I make sure I maintain punctuality. Why then should my subordinates be incessantly late.

If you like murmur that the world is a small place and I do not know when/where we will meet, you should also know that the world is a big place and we may never meet again...so it is 50/50.
If you can't work, simply quit.

52 Likes

Re: See What My Boss Told Us In A Meeting by Ow0eg0kudi: 9:00am On May 19, 2022
Rtk5:
What got everyone angry ...That was really wrong of him.

Hmmm...

If his T&C are not favourable maybe you should consider leaving the job...don't inadvertently sabotage his business.

8 Likes

Re: See What My Boss Told Us In A Meeting by PrimeWatermark: 9:02am On May 19, 2022
Rtk5:
This morning we were called for a briefing in my office and said he noticed we usually come to work anytime we like. What got everyone angry was after the complain, he said we should put it in mind that he has more than 150 application letters. That was were he stopped and we all know the meaning of that. That was really wrong of him.

What's the normal resumption time?
And what time do you guys resume?
Re: See What My Boss Told Us In A Meeting by sherylbaky(f): 9:03am On May 19, 2022
Y are u all resuming to work when u like as well? That's not fair u know?

He's only telling u to take ur work seriously cos there are many people out there seeking for job

But if he knows what's good for him, he sud better keep grooming and managing you guys cos these generation (gen z) outside there seeking for job do not really care, those ones been giving HRs headache since the moment they were born. They can't be better than u guys.

You people sud adjust too and stop getting to work late biko.

3 Likes

Re: See What My Boss Told Us In A Meeting by Bluezy13(m): 9:09am On May 19, 2022
sherylbaky:

He's only telling u to take ur work seriously cos there are many people out there seeking for job

But if he knows what's good for him, he sud better keep grooming and managing you guys cos these generation (gen z) outside there seeking for job do not really care, those ones been giving HRs headache since the moment they were born. They can't be better than u guys.

There are always better people for the job.
Nobody is indispensable.

1 Like

Re: See What My Boss Told Us In A Meeting by PrimeWatermark: 9:12am On May 19, 2022
sherylbaky:

You're right. Recruitment and Staffing be messing with HR's mental health.

I doubt if he can get 10 qualified candidates from those 150 applications.
OP, You guys should adjust and do your work with diligence.... Everything's gonna be fine.

It's not easy to pay salaries as well. You should know that.
Re: See What My Boss Told Us In A Meeting by PrimeWatermark: 9:14am On May 19, 2022
Bluezy13:

There are always better people for the job.
Nobody is indispensable.

Absolutely. But it's getting harder to get people that are actually ready to work.

That's the challenge most businesses are facing right now.

1 Like

Re: See What My Boss Told Us In A Meeting by Bluezy13(m): 9:16am On May 19, 2022
PrimeWatermark:

Absolutely. But it's getting harder to get people that are actually ready to work.

Okay.
Re: See What My Boss Told Us In A Meeting by Nobody: 9:44am On May 19, 2022
The truth is painful. tongue
Re: See What My Boss Told Us In A Meeting by MajesticKris: 10:19am On May 19, 2022
Well said... Now its up to you

My Man... Na me Be THAT grin
Re: See What My Boss Told Us In A Meeting by virginchaser(m): 10:50am On May 19, 2022
OP, simply start to work on your exit plans. The hand written is pretty clear.
Re: See What My Boss Told Us In A Meeting by Truvelisback(m): 11:03am On May 19, 2022
Rtk5:
Beautiful Conscience dey worry u. It's obvious that u are guilty of his complains, that's why u are Alfred grin
Re: See What My Boss Told Us In A Meeting by colestephan86: 11:14am On May 19, 2022
Rtk5:
You didn't get angry when he said you all come to work when you like, but got angry when he said he got 150 application letters, if you ain't going to drive productivity in his firm, you and your colleagues should be sacked

3 Likes

Re: See What My Boss Told Us In A Meeting by Nobody: 11:17am On May 19, 2022
PrimeWatermark:

some people actually don’t know it is hard in finding the right hard for a job. Just why most companies are open for graduate trainee programs, despite the high sum involve
Re: See What My Boss Told Us In A Meeting by emmy4real94(m): 11:29am On May 19, 2022
grin
Re: See What My Boss Told Us In A Meeting by AntichristXXX: 11:30am On May 19, 2022
He is your boss. And he's acting like one.

Nothing to complain about it.
If you're not happy . Resign.
Re: See What My Boss Told Us In A Meeting by emmy4real94(m): 11:31am On May 19, 2022
So why not make it 7:45AM rather? So they will get it right cheesy
Bluezy13:
It wasn't wrong of him.
Employees can be so annoying.

When the time for work is 8a.m, they will come by 8:10/8:20.
When you decided to reach an understanding with them and adjust the time to 8:20a.m, they will instead come by 8:30am citing one excuse or the other.
When you fire them, they and outsiders will see you as a wicked and inconsiderate human being...just like the OP.

The other day, I literally told two subordinates that their lateness was getting out of hand and one of these days I will fire them from the gate without prior notice if it continues and that will be after I must have carefully gotten replacements who will resume immediately after they are fired.
They had to sit-up.
I have a superior, and I make sure I maintain punctuality. Why then should my subordinates be incessantly late.

If you like murmur that the world is a small place and I do not know when/where we will meet, you should also know that the world is a big place and we may never meet again...so it is 50/50.
If you can't work, simply quit.
Re: See What My Boss Told Us In A Meeting by Shalayetv: 11:34am On May 19, 2022
Noticing just one may not be a surefire sign of an unfaithful partner, but
if you check multiple off this list, it may be time to have a vulnerable
chat. After all, if they have nothing to hide, they should be more than
happy to put your fears to rest.

Please subscribe, like, share, and turn on notifications to enable this video to reach many people and help them learn. We drop new content every week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pa9qjvKkmGY
Re: See What My Boss Told Us In A Meeting by Sucre6: 12:23pm On May 19, 2022
You want to tell him how to run his company, you funny shaa,
Re: See What My Boss Told Us In A Meeting by Bluezy13(m): 1:39pm On May 19, 2022
emmy4real94:
So why not make it 7:45AM rather? So they will get it right cheesy

Abi... cheesy

1 Like

Re: See What My Boss Told Us In A Meeting by Pauldollars(m): 1:54pm On May 19, 2022
Rtk5:

He should have used one of you as a scape goat for others to learn a lesson.
No need for calling a meeting or staff briefing on avoidance of lateness
Re: See What My Boss Told Us In A Meeting by MrBrownJay1(m): 2:28pm On May 19, 2022
Rtk5:

if you indeed come to work whenever you desire, and dont respect the rules/regulations of the job, then he is right to be letting you know that many others are ready to value the job, if you dont.

3 Likes

Re: See What My Boss Told Us In A Meeting by haggai247: 2:50pm On May 19, 2022
The Chinese companies that have time machine so you can sign in and sign out.

You can't possibly come late because you know your salary is tied to punctuality.

I can't deal with lateness, anyone that cannot keep little commitment like time or being where they are expected to be cannot and will not fulfill greater commitment.

2 Likes

Re: See What My Boss Told Us In A Meeting by youngblaq: 4:44pm On May 19, 2022
Not related...my superior once murmured these words "we have more than 1000 CVs" when i told her that I got a program to undertake, asking her how i could have my duties lined up to three to four days for 3months, and I'd readjust after.

At this time i had already served 2yrs under her and I wasn't even a confirmed staff yet, even though the appointment letter stated that i would be in two years. I gave my possible best and achieved very desirable results.

Well, I thought it out for few days before deciding to discuss it with her, and I carefully concealed the idea that if she didn't give me a yes that I'd have to forge ahead and leave the company behind me. Few staff with similar aspirations had their way (they were her favorites) but i wasn't, I was just doing my job and never tried to be close or overtly friendly...and i made sure I was never a rude employee.
But she gave me a million reasons she had to deny my request..well, the very next day I submitted my resignation letter.

I was going to leave after few months tho, i was going to leave the city. But I think she'd think I left because she didn't permit me the chance to advance my life.

1 Like

Re: See What My Boss Told Us In A Meeting by MideMrPossible: 4:59pm On May 19, 2022
Your boss has not said much, the rate of unemployment is very high in this country and people will just accept almost any offer at this perilous time, do not revolt if you've not get a back up plan and start getting to work earlier.

_______ ___
Pls support my YouTube hustle by subscribing to my channel and turn on the notification button. https://www.youtube.com/africandiarytv
Re: See What My Boss Told Us In A Meeting by advanceDNA: 6:52pm On May 19, 2022
Rtk5:

Hey nairalanders!!!!

Can you believe this dude...
You have been coming late to work..yet you dey vex say your oga para for you..??

Go and start your own own business oga..u are undisciplined and entitled ontop of it..

1 Like

Re: See What My Boss Told Us In A Meeting by Gerrard59(m): 12:19am On May 21, 2022
This is one of the reasons I don't criticise Lebanese, Chinese and Indian bosses. Look at the nonsense he typed, and proudly so?

In fact, if I was him, I will put up a PowerPoint presentation of Nigeria's economic stats from 2015, and embolden the unemployment aspect of it. Afterwards, I will look towards assessing those applications.

"They got angry because he questioned their lateness?" The effrontery!

Tomorrow, this human being will categorise himself as Gen-Z on TwitterNG and how they cHaNgE the workplace. After they have inhaled soot in Port-Harcourt categorised as oxygen and drank soakaway water in Lekki, they begin to chant nonsense and mumbo-jumbo.

When setting up businesses in Nigeria, entrepreneurs should learn from the Chinese, Indians and Lebanese as well as the Europeans on how to manage world-class indolent people like the OP and his ilks!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See What My Boss Told Us In A Meeting by OgaTheTop2: 12:37am On May 21, 2022
No job security in naija....it is just what it is. Bosses do anyhow because they pay the salary. Phew! angry

(1) (Reply)

Dear Men, If You Do These Things, A Woman Will Never Forget You / The Funny Expression Of This Bride During Her Traditional Wedding is trending / I Told His Sister To Tell Him Off For Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.