Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,820 members, 7,810,147 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:43 PM

The Governors Of SE Should Declare "no-go Area Policy" For Fulani Herdsmen - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Governors Of SE Should Declare "no-go Area Policy" For Fulani Herdsmen (3558 Views)

Akinwunmi Ambode Visits Ex-Governors Of Lagos State: Photos / EXCLUSIVE: Atiku Snubs Rochas Okorocha At The Governors Gathering(pictures) / From The Governors, Fashola Is The Only One Fit To Be President. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Governors Of SE Should Declare "no-go Area Policy" For Fulani Herdsmen by Onlytruth(m): 4:56pm On Jul 14, 2011
The governors of SE states need to convey an urgent meeting to adopt a "no-go area policy" for Fulani herdsmen for Igboland.
This call is urgent because I know my people very well. It seems that this fulani herdsmen vs local farmer "fight" has been going on unreported. It if attracts the attention of Bakassi boys or the youths of SE, we can easily have a genocide of Fulanis in Igboland. I don't want that to happen.
Our people are all over Nigeria doing their business quietly. They don't r.ape women and kill their hosts.
Re: The Governors Of SE Should Declare "no-go Area Policy" For Fulani Herdsmen by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jul 14, 2011
That would be practicing segregation, sectionalism, racism, tribalism etc.

Nigeria belongs to everyone. Tribalism should not be encouraged.
Re: The Governors Of SE Should Declare "no-go Area Policy" For Fulani Herdsmen by Onlytruth(m): 5:03pm On Jul 14, 2011
I believe I have a very good foresight, and I'm foreseeing a silent genocide of Fulanis in Igboland if the governors don't do anything urgent. We can't allow that nonsense.
Fulani should go back north with their cattle since they apparently don't value the privilege extended to them by other Nigerians.

I'm also beginning to think that this "fulani herdsmen" may be a carefully orchestrated provocation by some northern elements to achieve whatever devious end they are scheming towards because of a minority president.

This is why the governors should act now, else we would have a "boys oye" situation in SE that will wipe out the fulani.
Re: The Governors Of SE Should Declare "no-go Area Policy" For Fulani Herdsmen by namfav(m): 5:04pm On Jul 14, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

+1
Re: The Governors Of SE Should Declare "no-go Area Policy" For Fulani Herdsmen by EzeUche(m): 5:04pm On Jul 14, 2011
How will we get our beef then?  shocked angry shocked

We just need to regulate them. They cannot bring weapons into Igboland. That would be a good alternative. And they must respect the laws of the land.
Re: The Governors Of SE Should Declare "no-go Area Policy" For Fulani Herdsmen by Onlytruth(m): 5:07pm On Jul 14, 2011
How can you regulate a group which thinks that any fresh vegetation is "pasture"?
Isn't that impossible?

Why do you think farmers in developed countries have huge arms cache and armories?

Unless the Nigerian government want our farmers to stack up arms.
Re: The Governors Of SE Should Declare "no-go Area Policy" For Fulani Herdsmen by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 5:16pm On Jul 14, 2011
just need to prosecute those guilty of crimes and make an example to the rest, so they know ignorance is no excuse in the eye of the law. They should also be issued entrance permit to every state as a mean of legitimise their trade and keep record of them and monitor their movement for safety of life and property for them and residence.

These herds men business is a good cover for crime i.e abduction, rape and serial killings. Desperately needs regulation.
Re: The Governors Of SE Should Declare "no-go Area Policy" For Fulani Herdsmen by EzeUche(m): 5:22pm On Jul 14, 2011
Bliss4Lyfe:

just need to prosecute those guilty of crimes and make an example to the rest, so they know ignorance is no excuse in the eye of the law. They[b] should also be issued entrance permit to every state as a mean of legitimise their trade and keep record of them and monitor their movement for safety of life and property for them and residence.
[/b]
These herds men business is a good cover for crime i.e abduction, violation and serial killings. Desperately needs regulation.

Good post.
Re: The Governors Of SE Should Declare "no-go Area Policy" For Fulani Herdsmen by Onlytruth(m): 7:04pm On Jul 14, 2011
Posted by: Ileke-IdI

Girl I quite overestimated your IQ. Frankly. undecided
I don't know how many people using this your "Ileke-Idi" ID. This one is really dumb.

Nigerians live in all parts of Nigeria peacefully. They don't invade farms, r.ape women and attack their hosts. This can lead to a very deadly reprisal, and other things if unaddressed. I can smell trouble from miles away.

Maybe you belong permanently in the "segregation, sectionalism, racism, tribalism etc" section of this site. cool

This issue is a gun-powder that needs urgent government attention.  cool
Re: The Governors Of SE Should Declare "no-go Area Policy" For Fulani Herdsmen by Seanet1000: 7:10pm On Jul 14, 2011
Ibos should vacate hausaland and all their Properties Confiscated!!!
Re: The Governors Of SE Should Declare "no-go Area Policy" For Fulani Herdsmen by Onlytruth(m): 7:14pm On Jul 14, 2011
For now, since this incident happened (or is happening ) in Imo state, I hereby call on my Imo state brothers and sisters to take up this issue directly with Gov Rochas Okorocha. Ebonyi and Enugu states should do the same. I have not heard whether there are Fulani in Abia state. If yes, they should do the same to Gov Orji.

I will send my own alarm to Gov Peter Obi of Anambra state just in case.

A stitch in time saves nine.
Re: The Governors Of SE Should Declare "no-go Area Policy" For Fulani Herdsmen by Rhino5dm: 7:15pm On Jul 14, 2011
Northern gorvernors should legistilate  the north as 'no-go area' for the Igbos since they constitute 90% of the arm robbers in the north. Fair exchange!
Re: The Governors Of SE Should Declare "no-go Area Policy" For Fulani Herdsmen by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jul 14, 2011
Onlytruth:

Posted by: Ileke-IdI
Girl I quite overestimated your IQ. Frankly. undecided
I don't know how many people using this your "Ileke-Idi" ID. This one is really dumb.

Nigerians live in all parts of Nigeria peacefully. They don't invade farms, r.ape women and attack their hosts. This can lead to a very deadly reprisal, and other things if unaddressed. I can smell trouble from miles away.

Maybe you belong permanently in the "segregation, sectionalism, racism, tribalism etc" section of this site. cool

This issue is a gun power that needs urgent government attention.  cool

What you should be advocating for is finding a more reasonable method to solve this Fulani issue, not making endless threats of the possibility of Fulani Genocide. Frankly, you're not in the right shoe to talk about any sense.

You were one of the culprits complaining about Northerners making the North a no man's land for Southerners.

You foolishly made a generalized stereotypical assumption, assuming that all Fulani herdsmen in Igboland "invade lands, ra pe women, and attack their hosts". You're simply using this moment and this futile thread to vent off your dislike of another tribe.

Igboland belongs to anybody that wishes to make it their habitat.

One simple solution (one Dr Fayemi Kayode is thinking of carrying out) is the restriction of Herdsmen to a specific spot where their cows can rummage without upsetting the hosts and without causing a raucous.
Re: The Governors Of SE Should Declare "no-go Area Policy" For Fulani Herdsmen by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jul 14, 2011
This is a very ridiculous idea.

There is something called trespass of either private or Government property. I think property laws or Land Use Act is there to constrain cattle rearers to only lands that they hold and sending their cattles to land that dont belong to them will be purely criminal.

That way anybody trespassing can be charged, their cattle auctioned to pay for damages they may have caused. Then others will learn.

There is no need for any racist or tribalist state or regional policy. We just need to learn to put our existing laws to good use.

The law should also be implemented the same whether the catlle rearers are fulanis or Igbos or Ijebus.
Re: The Governors Of SE Should Declare "no-go Area Policy" For Fulani Herdsmen by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jul 14, 2011
mikeansy:

There is something called trespass of either private or Government property. I think property laws or Land Use Act is there to constrain cattle rearers to only lands that they hold and sending their cattles to land that dont belong to them will be purely criminal.

That way anybody trespassing can be charged, their cattle auctioned to pay for damages they may have caused. Then others will learn.

There is no need for any racist or tribalist state or regional policy. We just need to learn to put our existing laws to good use.

The law should also be implemented the same whether the catlle rearers are fulanis or Igbos or Ijebus.

It really is.
Re: The Governors Of SE Should Declare "no-go Area Policy" For Fulani Herdsmen by namfav(m): 7:25pm On Jul 14, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

What you should be advocating for is finding a more reasonable method to solve this Fulani issue, not making endless threats of the possibility of Fulani Genocide. Frankly, you're not in the right shoe to talk about any sense.

You were one of the culprits complaining about Northerners making the North a no man's land for Southerners.

You foolishly made a generalized stereotypical assumption, assuming that all Fulani herdsmen in Igboland "invade lands, ra pe women, and attack their hosts". You're simply using this moment and this futile thread to vent off your dislike of another tribe.

Igboland belongs to anybody that wishes to make it their habitat.

One simple solution (one Dr Fayemi Kayode is thinking of carrying out) is the restriction of Herdsmen to a specific spot where their cows can rummage without upsetting the hosts and without causing a raucous.

thanks sis, that is a very good post
Re: The Governors Of SE Should Declare "no-go Area Policy" For Fulani Herdsmen by Onlytruth(m): 7:25pm On Jul 14, 2011
Let me rehash the issue because it seems folks are struggling with understanding it.
We have all the laws that protect life and property in all parts of Nigeria.
Why are Fulani herdsmen ra.ping and killing in Benue, Plateau, Western Nigeria and now Imo state?
Since we have these laws; what happened

The problem is that Nigerians like to give all kinds of excuses for not acting until it is too late.

I'm sure that when the crisis of 1966 was brewing, folks were also busy saying "we have laws that can easily take care of this".
That led to a civil war.

Like I said before, Fulani herdsmen are not the only Nigerians living in other people's lands.
They only happen to be the only ones invading farms, ra.ping locals and killing farmers that dared confront them.

It won't be long before we get another explosion.
Re: The Governors Of SE Should Declare "no-go Area Policy" For Fulani Herdsmen by namfav(m): 7:26pm On Jul 14, 2011
mikeansy:

thanks
Re: The Governors Of SE Should Declare "no-go Area Policy" For Fulani Herdsmen by Onlytruth(m): 7:29pm On Jul 14, 2011
So, as I was saying, Imo state sons and daughters should take up this issue with their governor because it seems as if the crisis had been going on for sometime.
We can pretend it didn't happen until folks take disproportionate measures.
Nigeria is already boiling.
Re: The Governors Of SE Should Declare "no-go Area Policy" For Fulani Herdsmen by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jul 14, 2011
Onlytruth:

Let me rehash the issue because it seems folks are struggling with understanding it.
We have all the laws that protect life and property in all parts of Nigeria.
Why are Fulani herdsmen ra.ping and killing in Benue, Plateau, Western Nigeria and now Imo state?
Since we have these laws; what happened

The problem is that Nigerians like to give all kinds of excuses for not acting until it is too late.

I'm sure that when the crisis of 1966 was brewing, folks were also busy saying "we have laws that can easily take care of this".
That led to a civil war.

Like I said before, Fulani herdsmen are not the only Nigerians living in other people's lands.
They only happen to be the only ones invading farms, ra.ping locals and killing farmers that dared confront them.

It won't be long before we get another explosion.

The aberation here is that you are asking a state government with all the powers to activate and implement the laws to not even try but resort to jungle justice. They have to first implement the laws, when that fails then we can begin to find other means. But they have not tried yet.

I know that there is a lot of provocation coming from the other end of the border but we must continue to hold ourselves to higher standards otherwise there will not be a lot to differentiate us and then we simply loose the moral argument.
Re: The Governors Of SE Should Declare "no-go Area Policy" For Fulani Herdsmen by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jul 14, 2011
It is not impossible to curtail the excesses of these people legally, so lets do it lawfully.

What we just lack is will and courage.
Re: The Governors Of SE Should Declare "no-go Area Policy" For Fulani Herdsmen by aljharem3: 7:37pm On Jul 14, 2011
mikeansy:

It is not impossible to curtail the excesses of these peoples, but lets do it lawfully.

mikeansy u are too much cheesy cheesy cheesy see brain

onlytruth and others learn from him. it would do u a lot of good
Re: The Governors Of SE Should Declare "no-go Area Policy" For Fulani Herdsmen by Onlytruth(m): 7:37pm On Jul 14, 2011
Posted by: mikeansy

The aberation here is that you are asking a state government with all the powers to activate and implement the laws to not even try but resort to jungle justice. [/b]They have to first implement the laws, when that fails then we can begin to find other means. But they have not tried yet.

I know that there is a lot of provocation coming from the other end of the border but we must continue to hold ourselves to higher standards otherwise there will not a lot to differentiate us.

Dude, did you even read the Original Post?

If you didn't, here it is again:

Posted by: Onlytruth

[b]The governors of SE states need to convey an urgent meeting to adopt a "no-go area policy" for Fulani herdsmen for Igboland.

This call is urgent because I know my people very well. It seems that this fulani herdsmen vs local farmer "fight" has been going on unreported. It if attracts the attention of Bakassi boys or the youths of SE, we can easily have a genocide of Fulanis in Igboland. I don't want that to happen.
Our people are all over Nigeria doing their business quietly. They don't r.ape women and kill their hosts.

So, is it unreasonable to you to map out "no go areas" for Fulani herdsmen?
So, you want the status quo to continue?
Re: The Governors Of SE Should Declare "no-go Area Policy" For Fulani Herdsmen by NegroNtns(m): 7:40pm On Jul 14, 2011
Onlytruth,

Your name should be changed to "onlylie"!

What knd of proposal is that? Very foolish indeed to say "SE is a no-go area for fulani".

Come up with something better than that.
Re: The Governors Of SE Should Declare "no-go Area Policy" For Fulani Herdsmen by Onlytruth(m): 7:40pm On Jul 14, 2011
@mikeansy

You also pretended that I was calling for a "jungle justice" approach from the governors.
Pray, which Nigerian law gives governors "jungle justice" powers?

Some Nigerians can't even read or think!

If I'm calling on governors to do something, why didn't I call on Bakassi to move in and act?
Re: The Governors Of SE Should Declare "no-go Area Policy" For Fulani Herdsmen by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jul 14, 2011
Some people are just posting to get points and seem intelligent,

You need to go and see what Ileke idi posted on other threads concerning Fulani folks in Ekiti,

But since it's not ekiti or Yorubas concerned here, Ileke now want to be objective, hmmmm,

Fulani herdsmen need to be restricted if they will be moving around with cows instead of having a settlement that the FG will be willing to support!!

I don't know about other parts of Nigeria but the ones I met once in Ogun state have really good Hygiene and manners, We went to a water fall and did a little rock climbing. at the top were Fulani men and women who offered fura de nunu and we even slept in their tent untill we left the next morning. they too were leaving the area, One speaks Yoruba so we were able to communicate well,

My experience with Fulani herdsmen is pretty cool but they've become a nuisance to farmers in southern Nigeria!!
Re: The Governors Of SE Should Declare "no-go Area Policy" For Fulani Herdsmen by NegroNtns(m): 7:45pm On Jul 14, 2011
Everytime somethng go down u r getting bakassi.

Is there anything u can resolve without bakassi?

By the way who is bakassi? Wey dem dey when modibo dey chop pvssy?
Re: The Governors Of SE Should Declare "no-go Area Policy" For Fulani Herdsmen by Onlytruth(m): 7:50pm On Jul 14, 2011
So my message continues to go out to other Igbo to task their governors on producing a "Fulani control masterplan" for their states.
If they don't, it can be concluded that there will be confrontations between these herdsmen and our local farmers.
It will happen because the desert is encroaching more and they are moving south more these days.

Ka anyi jiri ututu choba ewu ojii o! undecided

Agwo no kwa n'akirika o! undecided
Re: The Governors Of SE Should Declare "no-go Area Policy" For Fulani Herdsmen by Onlytruth(m): 7:53pm On Jul 14, 2011
If there are state policies in place, this will become a piece of cake. But without any law or policy in place, we better get ready for major confrontations.
I say major because our people also live in the north.

Igbo anaghi agba oso mmiri karia mgbe mmiri mazuru ha aru!

I'm out for now, headed to Anambra forum! cool
Re: The Governors Of SE Should Declare "no-go Area Policy" For Fulani Herdsmen by aljharem3: 7:55pm On Jul 14, 2011
Onlytruth:

So my message continues to go out to other Igbo to task their governors on producing a "Fulani control masterplan" for their states.
If they don't, it can be concluded that there will be confrontations between these herdsmen and our local farmers.
It will happen because the desert is encroaching more and they are moving south more these days.

Ka anyi jiri ututu choba ewu ojii o!  undecided

Agwo no kwa n'akirika o!  undecided

onlytruth, to me i see this as a hate thread against the fulani and i do not support it

what do u mean no go area, is the same done to igbos in the north or SS or SW? NO

what i would have imagined is u saying that all farmlands should be fenced

you see put urself in the fulanis shoes

he has over 100 cattles and thus to control them from farm lands is really difficult

the best is for farmlands to fence there land so the fulani herdmen can graze freely

i think this is a better idea
Re: The Governors Of SE Should Declare "no-go Area Policy" For Fulani Herdsmen by Abagworo(m): 7:56pm On Jul 14, 2011
I dey laugh o.Ndi Igbo kwuru ikwu si "agbusi gbaa otula,otula amuru ako" and yet inspite of the past,present and future experiences,you guys keep living and investing in the North.

It is obvious that there are far more Igbos in the North than any other part of Nigeria and I can't help but wonder why you people are there.It is better for me to live and invest in Afghanistan than in the North.

As for the Fulani herdsmen,we cannot do nada because any attempt will put millions of quality Igbos in the North at risk.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos Socialite, Gbenga Islander In Hot Romance With Ex Senator, Folashade Bent. / Picture: What Should Michelle Do To Obama For This"blunder" With Beyonce / APC Presidential Primaries Update

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.