Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,205 members, 7,953,758 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:58 AM

Getting Married To My Friend’s Husband Is The Biggest Mistake Of My Life - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Getting Married To My Friend’s Husband Is The Biggest Mistake Of My Life (1894 Views)

Farida Bashir Is Dead ('Snatched' Aisha Laah, Her Friend's Husband Last Year) / Video Of Woman Caught Trying To Have Sex With Her Best Friend's Husband In Hotel / Lady Narrates How Friend's Husband Tried To Seduce Her At Night (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Getting Married To My Friend’s Husband Is The Biggest Mistake Of My Life by ExploreFeelings(f): 1:04pm On May 19, 2022
GETTING MARRIED TO MY FRIEND’S HUSBAND IS THE BIGGEST MISTAKE OF MY LIFE

The greatest mistake of my life was getting married to my friend’s ex-husband. I don’t know how I got to that point. Or maybe I do and I will tell you the story.

My friend Monica and her husband Stanley were inseparable, their love was the type that would make you say “God when”. They played like friends, they were fond of each other and went on dates together. Whenever my friend talked to me about their love and how it started, I had butterflies in my stomach. I wanted to feel that kind of intense love!
When I met my friend in University, she was already dating Stanley. People in Universities hardly stayed in relationships for more than a year. But they had been together for close to 3 years. They were in love! He always goes out of his way to show her that she was the woman he loved and she too wanted no other man. I envied them! It was hard to find true love…

After our graduation from the University, they got married two years later. I was so happy for them because I knew they were in love but I was also jealous of their love. University lovers hardly ever got married but they did, it was true love indeed. But after two years of marriage, I realized that their love wasn’t all that strong or perfect like I had pictured it. They fought a lot and I also figured out that Stanley had cheated on Monica more than once. My friend started calling me frequently to report her husband to me. Their quarrels were too much and I knew soon enough their marriage would come to an end. I felt bad for my friend, hearing her cry and complain about her marriage all the time was seriously hard. And I was happy I wasn’t married… This marriage thing is hard! Focusing on my career and having occasional flings with men was okay for me.

The calls and complaints were becoming too much. So, I advised my friend to do what was best for her.
So, I wasn’t surprised when my friend left Stanley completely when they realized their marriage wasn’t working. I was at home getting ready for work that day when she knocked on my door dragging her bags and other personal property. And that was when I confirmed that they were truly done with each other. I tried consoling my friend and assuring her that everything will work out but she refused to talk about her marriage or Stanley. She even blocked his number and never shed a tear for him! I believe she hated him or maybe acted like she did. He even called her with other numbers and when she realized it was him she would yell at him and cut the call. I wondered what he must have done this time to make her hate him with so much passion.
Well, since Stanley couldn’t contact her directly anymore, he started chatting with me on my WhatsApp. He would ask me about my friend, I would encourage him to take heart and give her some time. He would beg me to reach out to my friend but each time I mentioned his name, Monica would shout at me. So, I stopped updating her about anything concerning Stanley even though I was still in contact with him.

And that was how we started chatting with each other almost every day. We talked about everything apart from his marriage to my friend. I was falling for him even though he was my friend’s ex. I guess I have always liked him but couldn’t make a move because he was dating my ex. Now, he was giving me all of the attention he used to give my friend. He would call me and I would hide to take his calls. I can’t really tell how we got that point but we did! But he was my kind of man…
One day during our chats, he asked about Monica and it pissed me off. So, I went to tell Monica that he asked about her because I knew It would annoy her. I wanted to make her angry because I was jealous he was still thinking of her. When I told her about Stanley she yelled at me that she never wanted anything to do with him. But I yelled back that I wanted him even if she was discarding him. She said nothing to me about it! She just stared at me dumbfounded and I didn’t feel bad because I liked Stanley a lot. They were already broken up and she hadn’t even spoken to him for more than 5 months. It sounded like they were truly over… So it was my chance to start something with Stanley.

Months later, Monica traveled abroad to complete her study, which made it easier for me to move on with my life with her ex-husband. 3 months later , he paid my bride price and we started living together. And that was the greatest mistake I made. Monica and Stanley were not divorced, yet I went ahead to allow her husband pay my bride price. Each time I asked him if his precious marriage was over, he would keep on telling me that the divorce process was ongoing. Well, my marriage with Stanley wasn’t exciting like what I used to see between him and Monica. We were like friends without the romance. There were no special feelings in the marriage, it was empty and I was unhappy. It was really annoying till I got fed up with it and started talking to him about it, and that was when he started hitting me. I could barely express myself without getting a slap.

Things got even worse when he heard that Monica was Married to a white man abroad. He was so angry and he transferred his aggression to me. He would yell at me at the slightest provocation and often compared me with Monica.

Read the complete story here: https://graceafricanstories./2022/05/19/my-greatest-mistake/

Re: Getting Married To My Friend’s Husband Is The Biggest Mistake Of My Life by phintohlar(f): 1:17pm On May 19, 2022
It's so scary clicking on links this days o
Re: Getting Married To My Friend’s Husband Is The Biggest Mistake Of My Life by MrBrownJay1(m): 2:02pm On May 19, 2022
yeye storytellers of NL...

LA click LA Bendel state!

1 Like

Re: Getting Married To My Friend’s Husband Is The Biggest Mistake Of My Life by Shalayetv: 2:04pm On May 19, 2022
Noticing just one may not be a surefire sign of an unfaithful partner, but
if you check multiple off this list, it may be time to have a vulnerable
chat. After all, if they have nothing to hide, they should be more than
happy to put your fears to rest.

Please subscribe, like, share, and turn on notifications to enable this video to reach many people and help them learn. We drop new content every week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pa9qjvKkmGY
Re: Getting Married To My Friend’s Husband Is The Biggest Mistake Of My Life by AKWATGOLD1(m): 4:42pm On May 19, 2022
Elders on Nairaland, another maariage vawulence don land oooo. Your advice is seriously needed.
Re: Getting Married To My Friend’s Husband Is The Biggest Mistake Of My Life by ExploreFeelings(f): 9:06am On May 23, 2022
phintohlar:
It's so scary clicking on links this days o
When you click on the link, you find my stories and books. There's nothing scary about it
Re: Getting Married To My Friend’s Husband Is The Biggest Mistake Of My Life by phintohlar(f): 2:36am On May 26, 2022
ExploreFeelings:

When you click on the link, you find my stories and books. There's nothing scary about it
alright
Re: Getting Married To My Friend’s Husband Is The Biggest Mistake Of My Life by Nobody: 7:55am On May 26, 2022
Unfaithfulness

(1) (Reply)

I Am Grateful For The Redpill / Watch As Buju Had Sex And Knacked Swedish Lady Before He Arrested Her / My Friend Called His Babe Early On Saturday And...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.