Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,587 members, 7,816,445 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:21 AM

Mend Threatens Fresh Attacks - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mend Threatens Fresh Attacks (6298 Views)

97 Killed In Boko Haram’s Fresh Attacks In Borno Mosque. / MEND Threatens To Commence Attacks From Friday / MEND Threatens To Disintegrate Nigeria Soon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mend Threatens Fresh Attacks by chxe: 5:39pm On Jul 14, 2011
Militants in the Niger Delta region on Thursday issued a new threat to resume hostilities as the Security Agencies battle a wave of bomb attacks blamed on radical Islamists in the northern region of the country.

"The Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND) is preparing very hard for the resumption of hostilities with the training of new fighters joining our various camps" the group said in a statement.

MEND accused government of applying double standards after the authorities announced that dozens of Islamists arrested recently in connection with the incessant bombings and shootings in the North may not be prosecuted.

The country's intelligence agency two weeks ago said it was holding over 100 suspected members of the Islamist sect known as Boko Haram with a view to reform rather than taking them to court.

"The group therefore,regards this gesture as a blatant disregard to all Christians in Nigeria killed and also an insult to all Niger Deltans with reference to the Delta indigenes arrested over the October 1 bomb blast carried out by our field operatives", it said.

The Group whose attacks in previous years slashed oil production by around half,staged a major attack in the capital Abuja during October 1 Independence Celebrations.

It set off two car bombs near the venue of the official ceremonies killing 12 people and wounding several others

http://www.channelstv.com/global/news_details.php?nid=27837&cat=Local
Re: Mend Threatens Fresh Attacks by otapiapia: 6:32pm On Jul 14, 2011
Blowing up pipelines and oil installations wont affect Boko haram.

Makes no sense.
Re: Mend Threatens Fresh Attacks by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jul 14, 2011
e be like say them dey vex say them no dey center of attention

wahala dey o
Re: Mend Threatens Fresh Attacks by ektbear: 6:36pm On Jul 14, 2011
oyb:

lol grin
Re: Mend Threatens Fresh Attacks by becomrichv: 1:23am On Jul 15, 2011
is this a joke,

delta state

that is itsekiri, you sabi yoruba language. listen to itsekiri.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixMAuueTtSo&feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lljV-VPlZW8&feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tc4OWZ6lRo&feature=related

this one look like niger delta ekt bear for your face,  them no dey go with you.

Re: Mend Threatens Fresh Attacks by becomrichv: 1:46am On Jul 15, 2011
you see them name.

Re: Mend Threatens Fresh Attacks by becomrichv: 1:46am On Jul 15, 2011
see

Re: Mend Threatens Fresh Attacks by reindeer: 1:46am On Jul 15, 2011
MEND? terrorist activities? Never!
I'm sure evn if they do, their chief spokesperson jomo gbomo GEJ will rush to exonerate them. . .''its not MEND, i know my people'' grin grin
Re: Mend Threatens Fresh Attacks by becomrichv: 1:47am On Jul 15, 2011
see how small under the river bomadi dey

Re: Mend Threatens Fresh Attacks by finestiyke(m): 1:48am On Jul 15, 2011
I think MEND is justified to threaten the government about Resuming Hostilities. This is because the Govt. Is using the Cane and Carrot methot in the treatment of these Boko Haram Criminals/Terrorists. Very Soon the Govt might acede to their request and call of the JTF. Breath of Fresh air indeed!
Re: Mend Threatens Fresh Attacks by becomrichv: 1:52am On Jul 15, 2011
see yorubaland, see how port harcourt fine, who dey suffer pass.

this na yenagoa and port hartcourt

Re: Mend Threatens Fresh Attacks by finestiyke(m): 1:53am On Jul 15, 2011
reindeer:

MEND? terrorist activities? Never!
I'm sure evn if they do, their chief spokesperson jomo gbomo GEJ will rush to exonerate them. . .''its not MEND, i know my people'' grin grin
hahaha true talk!
oyb:

wahala dey o
 them dey fear say we go forget say them dey
Re: Mend Threatens Fresh Attacks by EzeUche(m): 2:22am On Jul 15, 2011
More bad news for the economy. angry
Re: Mend Threatens Fresh Attacks by Nobody: 4:42am On Jul 15, 2011
Nna na wa o! Even as Nigeria is beginning to tear itseil apart, GEJ still has time to update his facebook status. That guy is a clown.
Re: Mend Threatens Fresh Attacks by Basics007: 5:03am On Jul 15, 2011
oyb:

wahala dey o
You are so correct!
Re: Mend Threatens Fresh Attacks by Nobody: 5:13am On Jul 15, 2011
this is only going to make things worse.trouble in the north,trouble in the south.God help us.
Re: Mend Threatens Fresh Attacks by luluosas(m): 6:35am On Jul 15, 2011
Will GEJ ever take these threats from his siblings serious? Should any bombings be recorded in any part of the South now and Abuja, will he not say the North is responsible? God will help Nigeria.
Re: Mend Threatens Fresh Attacks by slap1(m): 6:36am On Jul 15, 2011
Let them bring it on, there's really nothing to fear anymore: We've heard gunshots and seen bombs, unless they will be innovative enough to use airstrikes.
Re: Mend Threatens Fresh Attacks by HisExcellencyBKNjoku: 6:59am On Jul 15, 2011
MEND Halt there! tongue

If this is for real, then doom's day is @ hand in nigeria. I know this guys are pissed with the way innocent lives are lost in the north especially southerners undecided
Re: Mend Threatens Fresh Attacks by Cdspencer(m): 7:03am On Jul 15, 2011
MEND! Abeg, no bombing in d south. If una wan fight,go and fight Boko Haram 4 Borno. God go bless una well well if una use dat resources fight Boko Haram
Re: Mend Threatens Fresh Attacks by afrika(f): 7:18am On Jul 15, 2011
its just political. The northerns especially the almajiri's are used as tool of destruction by their big wigs
Re: Mend Threatens Fresh Attacks by Vidamia(m): 7:26am On Jul 15, 2011
You aint see nothing, this is just the beginning, season 1 phase 11, i'm in my village laughing out loud,
Re: Mend Threatens Fresh Attacks by ak47mann(m): 8:16am On Jul 15, 2011
And president Jonathan keep saying Nigeria is not a failed state angry angry

pDude:

Nna na wa o! Even as Nigeria is beginning to tear itseil apart, GEJ still has time to update his facebook status. That guy is a clown.

grin grin i bow for the guy,
Re: Mend Threatens Fresh Attacks by mohid(m): 8:24am On Jul 15, 2011
Vidamia:

You aint see nothing, this is just the beginning, season 1 phase 11, i'm in my village laughing out loud,
I hope in your village u dont have a Hausa Okada man or shoe maker,if not, u aint safe!.cos the next hausa man you see is a potential recruit so long as he has a radio and can tune to the BBC hausa service, all they need to get to him is the right message that potrays you as an enemy of "Islam".
Re: Mend Threatens Fresh Attacks by damipaul(m): 8:26am On Jul 15, 2011
i really think it's the same crop of politicians behind Boko Haram that are behind MEND too. Because the Federal Govt has taken a bold step (JTF) against Boko Haram now, they want to create a distraction with MEND. This Country will not split! God dey
Re: Mend Threatens Fresh Attacks by Talkyaown: 8:31am On Jul 15, 2011
slap1:

Let them bring it on, there's really nothing to fear anymore: We've heard gunshots and seen bombs, unless they will be innovative enough to use airstrikes.

No problem, give them your village address so they can start with your village first!!!
Re: Mend Threatens Fresh Attacks by Talkyaown: 8:32am On Jul 15, 2011
dami_paul:

i really think it's the same crop of politicians behind Boko Haram that are behind MEND too. Because the Federal Govt has taken a bold step (JTF) against Boko Haram now, they want to create a distraction with MEND. This Country will not split! God dey

hmmmm!!!!
Re: Mend Threatens Fresh Attacks by Bensonite: 8:52am On Jul 15, 2011
slap1:

Bros, you have not heard any shiiit, guns or bombs before STFU dont come on a faceless online to say rubbish. Those who have seen will not pray for it anymore. No man is indestructible. I have seen 99.9% but will not pray to see the remainder so STFU. We need peace now or we separate and go ourways as countries.
Re: Mend Threatens Fresh Attacks by Nobody: 8:56am On Jul 15, 2011
dami_paul:

Same thinking here bro, the puppet masters.
Re: Mend Threatens Fresh Attacks by trimwis: 9:01am On Jul 15, 2011
NAIJA UNDER SIEGE NO GOVERNMENT IN ABUJA grin grin grin
THEY ARE SLEEPING CRIMINALS HAVE TAKING OVER THE COUNTRY cry cry cry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Olawepo Hashim Emerges Flagbearer Of Third Force Coalition (video) / 2023: Tinubu Promises To Develop Mining Sector, Break Poverty / Child Witches Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.