Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,501 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

First Rick Ross Now Dababy, is Wizkid a snub? (opinion) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / First Rick Ross Now Dababy, is Wizkid a snub? (opinion) (5398 Views)

Davido Wishes Wizkid A Happy 31st Birthday. Will wizkid ignore him again? / Reasons Why Girls Snub Guys - / 10 Reasons A Guy Could Possibly Snub A Girl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

First Rick Ross Now Dababy, is Wizkid a snub? (opinion) by KiNg0G: 3:34pm On May 19, 2022
While mi Abaga were Fighting with fellow rappers on who would had an audience with Rick ross few weeks ago, no pem from wizkid. so you mean to tell me dude wasn't in nigeria.

Over this week dababy was in town shooting video with davido and he even tweeted he felt so at home due to the several hospitalities he received from fans... no peem from wizkid.

What baffles me in all of this, is the fact that wizkid features international artist more than his fellow africa arts, he has more international fanbase, but when they come to his home country he ignores them completely. is it that he doesn't have relationship with those international artist, or it's pride? Ego? Speaking.

I love Wizkid, I love the fact that dude is mature keeping his life private and not to be seen too much on screen even by his fans, but atleast my issue here is too much of everything is bad

I am not saying we should jump all around because this international artist are coming to nigeria, it's not the first time, nothing like inferiority complex here...am just talking about hospitality. First your the one who goes about featuring international artist, hosting shows in their country and when they come to your home you snub them.

Don't be surprised drake can decide to come to nigeria tomorrow, and you might likely not see wizkid in the trends with him unlike davido or some nigeria artist.

Don't forget he toke him mainstream

Respect is reciprocal.
Wizkid penetrated the international music scene with afro beats, because they let him..it's not a bad thing showing respect, atleast once in a while.
Seun
Lalasticlala

What's your take on this?

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: First Rick Ross Now Dababy, is Wizkid a snub? (opinion) by KiNg0G: 3:34pm On May 19, 2022
I'm not here to discredit our daddy o, we all love the "I don't care vibe" I'm one of his biggest fan right from superstar album. Wizkid is more global, I'm just saying hospitality matters alot.be reserved yes, have self respect yes.. but sometimes one need to come out of it's ego, the world is watching, per celebrity consign!

To even think that dababy once jumped on wizkid essence beat.
#king0G

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: First Rick Ross Now Dababy, is Wizkid a snub? (opinion) by Puskas: 3:36pm On May 19, 2022
You can hate Davido for whatever reason but he is a jolly good fellow and easier to access guy despite his rich background. With his demeanor you can always feel at home when with Davido

20 Likes

Re: First Rick Ross Now Dababy, is Wizkid a snub? (opinion) by Shalommy(f): 3:48pm On May 19, 2022
Wizkid is a man alone.

1 Like

Re: First Rick Ross Now Dababy, is Wizkid a snub? (opinion) by KiNg0G: 3:55pm On May 19, 2022
Shalommy:
Wizkid is a man alone.
Yes I agree, he rarely collaborate.
Always reserved and I think it's getting staled already.
He's trying to keep the price high, by not be seen always. but it's getting stale.

More new artist are trooping in..soon enough their era will pass.

Who do you think will be more relevant in the music industry by then? davido or wizkid?

I know you know the answer
Respect is reciprocal

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: First Rick Ross Now Dababy, is Wizkid a snub? (opinion) by Zonefree(m): 4:03pm On May 19, 2022
You expected WizKid to worship them when they visit Nigeria? Do they worship or welcome WizKid when he visits their country?

Like you said, respect is reciprocal. You can't be crossing express for someone that can't cross a gutter for you.

Bless up Wizzy for staying true. You be Eja nla!

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: First Rick Ross Now Dababy, is Wizkid a snub? (opinion) by KiNg0G: 4:08pm On May 19, 2022
Zonefree:
You expected WizKid to worship them when they visit Nigeria? Do they worship or welcome WizKid when he visits their country?

Like you said, respect is reciprocal. You can't be crossing express for someone that can't cross a gutter for you.

Bless up Wizzy for staying true. You be Eja nla!

If you read well you see I touched this about some of you coming up with inferiority complex line. Bros I already countered this in my write up..try another defense.

And yes they welcome wizkid internationally.

Instagram tweets from Chris brown, drake.
Beyonce even feature

Who made wizkid went global?

3 Likes

Re: First Rick Ross Now Dababy, is Wizkid a snub? (opinion) by Zonefree(m): 4:10pm On May 19, 2022
[s]
KiNg0G:

If you read well you see I touched this about some of you coming up with inferiority complex line. Bros I already countered this in my write up..try another defense.
[/s]

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: First Rick Ross Now Dababy, is Wizkid a snub? (opinion) by Albertone(m): 4:19pm On May 19, 2022
KiNg0G:
While mi Abaga were Fighting with fellow rappers on who would had an audience with Rick ross few weeks ago, no pem from wizkid. so you mean to tell me dude wasn't in nigeria.

Over this week dababy was in town shooting video with davido and he even tweeted he felt so at home due to the several hospitalities he received from fans... no peem from wizkid.

What baffles me in all of this, is the fact that wizkid features international artist more than his fellow africa arts, he has more international fanbase, but when they come to his home country he ignores them completely. is it that he doesn't have relationship with those international artist, or it's pride? Ego? Speaking.

I love Wizkid, I love the fact that dude is mature keeping his life private and not to be seen too much on screen even by his fans, but atleast my issue here is too much of everything is bad

I am not saying we should jump all around because this international artist are coming to nigeria, it's not the first time, nothing like inferiority complex here...am just taking about hospitality. First your the one who goes about featuring international artist, hosting shows in their country and when they come to your home you snub them.

Don't be surprised drake can decide to come to nigeria tomorrow, and you might likely not see wizkid in the trends with him unlike davido or some nigeria artist.

Respect is reciprocal.

What's your take on this?

Wizkid going to those artistes when they come here is just like showing up in someone's house unannounced.

If they want to meet wizkid,they will holla him.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: First Rick Ross Now Dababy, is Wizkid a snub? (opinion) by KiNg0G: 4:20pm On May 19, 2022
Albertone:

Wizkid going to those artistes when they come here is just like showing up in someone's house unannounced.

If they want to meet wizkid,they will holla him.
Lol well, nice point sir.

But I think nigeria is wizkid house, weda or not he's the host.
He doesn't need to be holla on a normal sense. When he dey him house.

1 Like

Re: First Rick Ross Now Dababy, is Wizkid a snub? (opinion) by Albertone(m): 4:22pm On May 19, 2022
KiNg0G:

Lol well, nice point sir.

But I think nigeria is wizkid house, weda or not he's the host.
He doesn't need to be holla on a normal sense

That's the right thing to do.
If you're too available, you'll lose value.

4 Likes

Re: First Rick Ross Now Dababy, is Wizkid a snub? (opinion) by KiNg0G: 4:25pm On May 19, 2022
Albertone:

That's the right thing to do.
If you're too available, you'll lose value.
Yes I agree, but atleast once won't hurt a fly

1 Like

Re: First Rick Ross Now Dababy, is Wizkid a snub? (opinion) by Nobody: 4:25pm On May 19, 2022
Wizkid is just a quiet type..unlike david..

3 Likes

Re: First Rick Ross Now Dababy, is Wizkid a snub? (opinion) by Walkee: 4:28pm On May 19, 2022
Is Wizkid a small boy?
If Dababy go to Canada will Drake care?

1 Like

Re: First Rick Ross Now Dababy, is Wizkid a snub? (opinion) by KiNg0G: 4:30pm On May 19, 2022
Walkee:
Is Wizkid a small boy?
If Dababy go to Canada will Drake care?
Yes drake will care, as an artist concerned. except he's in the states where he normally his.

African mentality indeed you got here

But sorry bros, it doesn't work in show business.. especially in the international music scene.

Usher and Chris brown ft justin bieber while he was a teenager

Now look at where jb is on the map... and where the others are.

2 Likes

Re: First Rick Ross Now Dababy, is Wizkid a snub? (opinion) by Walkee: 4:33pm On May 19, 2022
KiNg0G:

Yes drake will care.

African mentality indeed you got here
which one is African mentality?
You are either a kid or battling serious inferiority complex. How many times have you heard drake or Justin Bieber yapping about a foreign artiste who came to Canada?
So Wizkid is supposed to run and go greet him or what?
Why?

7 Likes

Re: First Rick Ross Now Dababy, is Wizkid a snub? (opinion) by KiNg0G: 4:34pm On May 19, 2022
Walkee:
which one is African mentality?
You are either a kid or battling serious inferiority complex. How many times have you heard drake or Justin Bieber yapping about a foreign artiste who came to Canada?
So Wizkid is supposed to run and go greet him or what?
Why?
You don't have to go so low with insultive words, I might be older than your father becareful boy.
I didn't insult you.

No one talking about wizkid yapping about international arts in nigeria, you brain can't correlate a simple passage.
So sorry

Check, I later explained clearer
Re: First Rick Ross Now Dababy, is Wizkid a snub? (opinion) by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:48pm On May 19, 2022
maybe he doesnt need the hype any longer...
Re: First Rick Ross Now Dababy, is Wizkid a snub? (opinion) by Nobody: 5:06pm On May 19, 2022
Pls learn to differentiate working professionally and friendships

Artists are professionals, some of them might end up becoming friends because of working relationships.

If you want to keep it professionally, it is up to the artists, just because we work together doesn't mean we are friends.

Rickross and dababby didn't come to Nigeria for free, they were paid, so how is it wizkid business if he was not the one who brought them.

12 Likes

Re: First Rick Ross Now Dababy, is Wizkid a snub? (opinion) by purejustice36: 5:06pm On May 19, 2022
I’ll break it down for you for free ..

Wizkid features more international artists that aren’t noisy not just anyhow artist

Wizkid lives in his California mansion not in Nigeria

Wizkid doesn’t go to where he isn’t invited , it’s not pride but self respect

Wizkid is the biggest artist to ever emerge from Nigeria any time , anyday so Dababy is still not deep in the music game enough to have wizkid by his side easily …. That’s why he’s Machala

Davido paid Lil baby $100k for a featuring .. that’s an insult to the whole of Nigeria bc davido has been in this game way before Lil baby and yet the song isn’t recognized

Davido have to be in the news everyday else he’ll be easily forgotten that’s why he always buys his way with money

Wizkid rolls with artists with raw talents not artists with popularity

Take a look at the MADE IN LAGOS ALBUM

He featured DAMIAN MARLEY on blessed
We all know how talented Damian is but not very popular yeah ?

He featured Tay aiwar, Phonix on TRUE LOVE and has WINNIE HARLOW on the video
We both know you didn’t know them until he featured them

Featured ELLA MAI on PIECE OF ME
You know the game now ?

Featured TEMS on esssense and brought out the best out of her unique voice

And that album is presently the number album of all time when it comes to Nigeria music ..

What happened to A GOOD TIME ALBUM by Davido ?

Nicki Minaj was there
Chris brown
Lil baby
Nas
Where’s the album now ?

Y’all gotta emulate wizkid bc that guy is the king of Africa music and will always be

Comparing wizkid to davido is an insult to wizkid bc the different is very clear

Why didn’t you ask why Burnaboy wasn’t present?
These guys don’t rolls with overrated people but talented people… get that right

Rick Ross is a rapper and not a singer so he’s got no business with wiz

If all Nigerian artists chase clouts like davido , there’ll be no single respect left for our Nigerian music industry no more

If you know what it takes for a man to always give no fvck about what people say but always succeeds lowkey , and mind his business always then you’ll respect Wizkid

Look at people like Cubana chiefpriest… if davido know him level .. na person like chief priest go dey use davido sell market for him hotel?
Everybody around davido has something to gain from him including the noise maker ISREAL

The day davido stops giving , that’s the day he’ll know who is who

38 Likes 7 Shares

Re: First Rick Ross Now Dababy, is Wizkid a snub? (opinion) by Vinnie2000(m): 5:13pm On May 19, 2022
Op, Wizkid is no longer a small boy or young artist! He may have lots of bigger dreams and goals now. Maybe all diz Music shenanigans these days does not freak him dat much!

1 Like

Re: First Rick Ross Now Dababy, is Wizkid a snub? (opinion) by Slynation(m): 5:16pm On May 19, 2022
I don't think there is any big deal here, Dababy litterary came to Nigeria for musical video with Davido, so wizkid doesn't have any business in their matters, and if they don't get along, he wouldn't make sense tweeting about him just to satisfy curiousities...!! If you come for me, we align, if you don't, well still cool, we are all boss in our respective lanes...

2 Likes

Re: First Rick Ross Now Dababy, is Wizkid a snub? (opinion) by Streetmovement(m): 5:31pm On May 19, 2022
Wotoporiously cool speaking

I don't wanna go into details and I absolutely understand your point but I have only one word for what you wanna know, and it's called Growth not Just Growth but Growth in every area of his life. (wizkid)

And that doesn't make him any disrespectful or proud as you may assume, keep your mouth shut and focus on your mission, that's where Bigwiz is at, at this moment in his life.

I can use myself as an example, back in the days I was everywhere but you see now am very unavailable and focused if you don't need me you won't have me and even at that you may not still have me if I see that it ain't gonna add anything to my existence, it's not pride but self realization.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: First Rick Ross Now Dababy, is Wizkid a snub? (opinion) by Bebson007(m): 5:38pm On May 19, 2022
He came for a business trip with Davido and not to chill with Wizkid.
Wizkid wasn't included in the plan, so you don't expect him to come running to whose so ever.

1 Like

Re: First Rick Ross Now Dababy, is Wizkid a snub? (opinion) by AishaDant(f): 5:39pm On May 19, 2022
Leave my Wiz baby alone please!
Re: First Rick Ross Now Dababy, is Wizkid a snub? (opinion) by SNEFF: 5:42pm On May 19, 2022
davido is loud, wizkid isn't.. silence is more appreciated than noise

2 Likes

Re: First Rick Ross Now Dababy, is Wizkid a snub? (opinion) by 9182736455O1999(m): 5:50pm On May 19, 2022
Nice inputs so far. No sign of Vawulence.
Re: First Rick Ross Now Dababy, is Wizkid a snub? (opinion) by BrutusOj(m): 6:43pm On May 19, 2022
purejustice36:

Wizkid features more international artists that aren’t noisy not just anyhow artist

Wizkid is the biggest artist to ever emerge from Nigeria any time , anyday so Dababy is still not deep in the music game enough to have wizkid by his side easily …. That’s why he’s Machala

Davido paid Lil baby $100k for a featuring .. that’s an insult to the whole of Nigeria bc davido has been in this game way before Lil baby and yet the song isn’t recognized

Davido have to be in the news everyday else he’ll be easily forgotten that’s why he always buys his way with money

You know the game now ?

And that album is presently the number album of all time when it comes to Nigeria music ..

Nicki Minaj was there
Chris brown
Lil baby
Nas
Where’s the album now ?

Y’all gotta emulate wizkid bc that guy is the king of Africa music and will always be

Comparing wizkid to davido is an insult to wizkid bc the different is very clear

These guys don’t rolls with overrated people but talented people… get that right

If all Nigerian artists chase clouts like davido , there’ll be no single respect left for our Nigerian music industry no more

If you know what it takes for a man to always give no fvck about what people say but always succeeds lowkey , and mind his business always then you’ll respect Wizkid

Look at people like Cubana chiefpriest… if davido know him level .. na person like chief priest go dey use davido sell market for him hotel?
Everybody around davido has something to gain from him including the noise maker ISREAL

Bros, who voted abi nomimated WizKid as the best artist that ever emerged from Africa? You guys can overhype those guys enn..chai..You even said one of his album is the best album ever in naija shocked. You made few good points on how reserved WizKid choose to be, however you went too far with the hyping. We lovers of quality musics with meaningul lyrics don't rate him as some of you do. Take am easy with the hyping. What else is in his musics other than blow my mind, the way you shake your bumm bumm?

3 Likes

Re: First Rick Ross Now Dababy, is Wizkid a snub? (opinion) by Olumighty123(m): 7:04pm On May 19, 2022
The question is, did he book an appointment to see Wizkid? These people work on schedule, they barely even have time for their family and friends. Note: don't compare Wizkid to some random nija artist abeg grin Nigga is too busy.

1 Like

Re: First Rick Ross Now Dababy, is Wizkid a snub? (opinion) by Nerogaming01(m): 7:15pm On May 19, 2022
The international celebrity that came, it's SOMEONE that invited them.

If person like Beyonce come see wizkid for nigeria, you no go see Davido for there.

Modified: thank you auto correct for using small letter to start nigeria spelling. This place no be country

1 Like

Re: First Rick Ross Now Dababy, is Wizkid a snub? (opinion) by KiNg0G: 7:17pm On May 19, 2022
purejustice36:

You know the game now ?

Nicki Minaj was there
Chris brown
Lil baby
Nas
Where’s the album now ?

Nice submission, but i disagree with the fact that rick ross is a rapper, wizkid is a singer that means they had no point dealing together.
I disagree mann
Re: First Rick Ross Now Dababy, is Wizkid a snub? (opinion) by Nobody: 7:34pm On May 19, 2022
thebosstrevor1:
Pls learn to differentiate working professionally and friends.

Artists are professionals, some of them might end up becoming friends because of working relationships.

If you want to keep it professionally, it is up to the artists, just because we work together doesn't mean we are friends.

Rickross and dababby didn't come to Nigeria for free, they were paid, so how is it wizkid business if he was not the one who brought them.

You just spoke my mind...OP dosent seem to know the difference between professionalism and friendship in the music industry ....not everything you see in social media is as it seems

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Finally!!!! I Am Traveling Out Tomorrow!!!!! / She Is In Love With Her Brother And About To Sleep With Him / When Is The Right Time For A Girl To Start Dating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.