Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,984 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:38 AM

The ₦2000 Plantain I Bought Around Chevron Lekki Yesterday - Food (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The ₦2000 Plantain I Bought Around Chevron Lekki Yesterday (63409 Views)

See The Ripe Plantain I Bought #600 This Morning. / See The Fried Ripe Plantain I Bought For ₦100 In Abuja / See the 2000 Naira Plantain In Kano (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The ₦2000 Plantain I Bought Around Chevron Lekki Yesterday by johnnychuks(m): 11:29am On May 20, 2022
sukkot:
oh i am not justifyng myself . i make threads like this all the time about how i value peoples efforts and overpay them. i had a thread last year which went viral about how rain got in my car and then i had some guys drain it and i saw all the effort they put into draining the car and i gave them more than what they asked for. i make threads like this all the time about how peoples labors are not rewarded well in nigeria. i believe its with my other ID. so this is who i am. i just wanted to create another thread with this plantain thats all but i do stuff like this ALL THE TIME. i can buy gala on the street and give the guy 500 naira for one gala. its my way of paying tithes to people who are trying hard. its better than giving one rich pastor who has 10 private jets lol
that's a silly thread from you for asking us if you are not been cheated from the inocent plantain seller, small peaking still dey worry you.
Re: The ₦2000 Plantain I Bought Around Chevron Lekki Yesterday by Nobody: 11:29am On May 20, 2022
sukkot:
oh i am not justifyng myself . i make threads like this all the time about how i value peoples efforts and overpay them. i had a thread last year which went viral about how rain got in my car and then i had some guys drain it and i saw all the effort they put into draining the car and i gave them more than what they asked for. i make threads like this all the time about how peoples labors are not rewarded well in nigeria. i believe its with my other ID. so this is who i am. i just wanted to create another thread with this plantain thats all but i do stuff like this ALL THE TIME. i can buy gala on the street and give the guy 500 naira for one gala. its my way of paying tithes to people who are trying hard. its better than giving one rich pastor who has 10 private jets lol
We both think exactly the same way, I’m probably not as rich as you but most times, I overpay too. Not because I don’t know how to haggle. I’ve been called several names by people around me, but they don’t understand that it’s just my little way of helping people around me I deem deserving.
The country is too hard for average people selling on the street.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The ₦2000 Plantain I Bought Around Chevron Lekki Yesterday by Simplythebest: 11:35am On May 20, 2022
Not for lagos anymore. I was shock the day i went to see my friend off she decided to buy plantain at the bus stop the amount she bought the plantain shock me. Since then i no say Nigeria is not for everyone
blazingblender:
You no Sabi price
Last last I for buy that plantain 800
Una Sabi dash people money ooh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The ₦2000 Plantain I Bought Around Chevron Lekki Yesterday by 77up(m): 11:35am On May 20, 2022
sukkot:
now guys understand that i somehow have the feeling that i got cheated. in fact i know i got cheated but i would need you guys to tell me if i got cheated or i did well. but that is not the story. the story is this so she brought the plantain. six in total and said 2000 and i knew right away i was being cheated but see sometimes as humans we have to look past this being possessive with our money stuff. you have to once in a while ( or frequently ) reward people who are trying and making an effort to succeed. dont always feel the need to squeeze every last drop of your change out of people or to beat peoples prices down to the point where they cant make a living themselves. ALWAYS have some bit of compassion for people and think about their survival too. stop pricing down people to where they can hardly make a living after working so hard

and so back to my story i looked at this woman, she is sitting under the sun all day i looked at her tray, there is maybe like 7 bunches of plantain in there. am thinking if she sells all today she gets 14000 but of course she bought the plantain somewhere else so she has to pay for the plantain too so at the end of the day what is her profit margin ? maybe for herself for the whole day maybe 3000 ? and she will buy food while sitting there for 10 hours so maybe she takes home 2000 ? she looked like she has children she will have bills and expenses etc etc etc. MY POINT IS THAT I KNEW I WAS GETTING CHEATED BY BUYING THAT PLANTAIN FOR 2000 BUT I DIDNT MIND GETTING CHEATED BECAUSE SOMETMES YOU JUST HAVE TO REWARD PEOPLE WHO ARE TRYING SO HARD. AND SO I GAVE HER THE 2000 AND HOPE HER LIFE IS FINE.
Paying exorbitantly for the goods not worth it is another problem you guys creates in this country simply because you can afford it.

Go to market , #50 pepper, those women will be telling you it's #200 , go to boutique, 3k jeans , they will tell you its 10k, just because you all can afford it , you are indirectly causing problem for the country purchasing power.

This semi ripe banana for 2k !

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The ₦2000 Plantain I Bought Around Chevron Lekki Yesterday by DavSagacity(m): 11:37am On May 20, 2022
sukkot:
i will give you an analogy about living conditions. you can be a vulcaniser in lekki phase 1and just to blow air inside somes tire is 200 per tire. and for 4 tires its 800 naira. yo can have 20 customers a day and make 20000 naira but the place you are making the money is an expensive area so when you want to eat lunch you will spend like 2000. OR you can live at ile epo oja where the place is economically rundown and to put air in someones tire is 30 naira per tire and that is 120 for the whole set and a day you can make 3000 naira and for lunch food is cheap because it is a poor area and you can eat lunch for 200 naira. so the guy in lekki makes 20,000 but his lunch is 2000 and his profit is 18000 or you can live in ile epo oja where you make 3000 and lunch is 200 and profit is 2800 a day. the choice is yours. i choose to live in expensive area where i can make big money but of course prices of things are more expensve too. its give and take grin grin
This your analysis is wrong. There is no where where they are currently inflating a tyre for #30. Fear God now..!!! The least u can see per tyre is 150 - 200 naira just to inflate it. To fix a tyre the least is 500/ tyre. Stop analyzing wrongly bro.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The ₦2000 Plantain I Bought Around Chevron Lekki Yesterday by Gabbriell: 11:37am On May 20, 2022
Magnoliaa:
Ehn, so if it's your way of appreciating value and you don't care, what's the point of this topic?

Like, I can not reconcile the fact that you're feeling 'cheated' to the fact you say this is a normal thing you do all the time.

So, which one? You be kind person abi you no be kind person?

Every single person who disagrees with you,
to tell you why that feels like cheating to them, fiam, you quote them to tell them it's not really XYZ, or trying to make them see what is not.

Asin, IF you are just going to disagree on what overpaying and cheating means, WHY did you create this thread? undecided I don't used to understand some of these things sometimes sha where people will come and create threads about something they bought in the market, and they will start disagreeing with everybody in the thread. lipsrsealed

Everybody get watin dey do them for body. The guy is just exercising his own demons.

The only positive thing is that it brings laughter to the audience.

The nagative part is the ignorant ones are usually scammed through stuffs like this.
Re: The ₦2000 Plantain I Bought Around Chevron Lekki Yesterday by Johel(m): 11:38am On May 20, 2022
sukkot:
now guys understand that i somehow have the feeling that i got cheated. in fact i know i got cheated but i would need you guys to tell me if i got cheated or i did well. but that is not the story. the story is this so she brought the plantain. six in total and said 2000 and i knew right away i was being cheated but see sometimes as humans we have to look past this being possessive with our money stuff. you have to once in a while ( or frequently ) reward people who are trying and making an effort to succeed. dont always feel the need to squeeze every last drop of your change out of people or to beat peoples prices down to the point where they cant make a living themselves. ALWAYS have some bit of compassion for people and think about their survival too. stop pricing down people to where they can hardly make a living after working so hard

and so back to my story i looked at this woman, she is sitting under the sun all day i looked at her tray, there is maybe like 7 bunches of plantain in there. am thinking if she sells all today she gets 14000 but of course she bought the plantain somewhere else so she has to pay for the plantain too so at the end of the day what is her profit margin ? maybe for herself for the whole day maybe 3000 ? and she will buy food while sitting there for 10 hours so maybe she takes home 2000 ? she looked like she has children she will have bills and expenses etc etc etc. MY POINT IS THAT I KNEW I WAS GETTING CHEATED BY BUYING THAT PLANTAIN FOR 2000 BUT I DIDNT MIND GETTING CHEATED BECAUSE SOMETMES YOU JUST HAVE TO REWARD PEOPLE WHO ARE TRYING SO HARD. AND SO I GAVE HER THE 2000 AND HOPE HER LIFE IS FINE.

Dem force you buy am??
Re: The ₦2000 Plantain I Bought Around Chevron Lekki Yesterday by Shhhh01(f): 11:38am On May 20, 2022
sukkot:

And u bought it.... Must you eat plantain?
Re: The ₦2000 Plantain I Bought Around Chevron Lekki Yesterday by iswallker(m): 11:38am On May 20, 2022
Feel good thread - is ok

undecided
Re: The ₦2000 Plantain I Bought Around Chevron Lekki Yesterday by Acidosis(m): 11:39am On May 20, 2022
77up:
Paying exorbitantly for the goods not worth it is another problem you guys creates in this country simply because you can afford it.

Go to market , #50 pepper, those women will be telling you it's #200 , go to boutique, 3k jeans , they will tell you its 10k, just because you all can afford it , you are indirectly causing problem for the country purchasing power.

This semi ripe banana for 2k !

The 2k seems small, na why dem no send. Na where God go catch them na when they need to buy an overpriced item in millions. grin

These people are major contributors to the inflation we complain about everyday. There are many ways to give. Allowing yourself get cheated is tantamount to creating problems for more people.

Many people today cannot pay rent, thanks to yahoo boys. These boys are also "helping" baba landlord in their own way.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The ₦2000 Plantain I Bought Around Chevron Lekki Yesterday by Honduras01: 11:39am On May 20, 2022
Dawn91:
[s][/s]

Shut up empty barrel. You are very poor I mean dirt poor and living a fantasy life.. I don't need to boast or rant because you small mind can't comprehend. grin

See your dirty disgusting floor . You are a poor man . No where in my apartment looks like this... Scum bag pauper
loser
Re: The ₦2000 Plantain I Bought Around Chevron Lekki Yesterday by alexola20(m): 11:41am On May 20, 2022
Same as the price in Europe or even more expensive than in Europe now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The ₦2000 Plantain I Bought Around Chevron Lekki Yesterday by Gabbriell: 11:44am On May 20, 2022
Greystone:

sukkot post=112999350:
lets stick to the topic. i dont like to boast about myself. but i can show you somethings now that would make you cry about your life grin

but lets stick to topic

I swear this cracked me up at the office right nowgrin

grin grin grin
That's a finishing move right there

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The ₦2000 Plantain I Bought Around Chevron Lekki Yesterday by simplesearch: 11:46am On May 20, 2022
You're encouraging her to cheat, you can price it and give her whatever you decide above that as charity. On the issue of not paying your tithe, it is needless if you're not bornagain; but if you're, nobody will compel you before you understand the goodness of giving to the Lord consistently to expand his kingdom. If the people overseeing the ministry where you worship are living flamboyantly on worshippers sweat, you have the option of prayerfully quitting to where you think your tithe will be properly utilized for a better purpose, otherwise you stay back and continue to do what God commanded you to do knowing fully well everyman will be accountable to God on the day of reckoning.
If you can't determine where to pay your tax and how much to pay to the government, then it's wisdom to give to God adequately, appropriately, proportionately, regularly and joyfully what he requires from you. So quit paying your tithe randomly to people whatever their economic status, it won't justify you for doing the right thing to wrong people at the wrong place. Give to people as best as you can but not your tithe, your tithe and offering is part of your treasure in heaven.

2 Likes

Re: The ₦2000 Plantain I Bought Around Chevron Lekki Yesterday by DarkCaesar(m): 11:48am On May 20, 2022
Magnoliaa:
Ehn, so if it's your way of appreciating value and you don't care, what's the point of this topic?

Like, I can not reconcile the fact that you're feeling 'cheated' to the fact you say this is a normal thing you do all the time.

So, which one? You be kind person abi you no be kind person?

Every single person who disagrees with you,
to tell you why that feels like cheating to them, fiam, you quote them to tell them it's not really XYZ, or trying to make them see what is not.

Asin, IF you are just going to disagree on what overpaying and cheating means, WHY did you create this thread? undecided I don't used to understand some of these things sometimes sha where people will come and create threads about something they bought in the market, and they will start disagreeing with everybody in the thread. lipsrsealed
person wey don mad angry
Re: The ₦2000 Plantain I Bought Around Chevron Lekki Yesterday by LeeNewt(m): 11:48am On May 20, 2022
dem force u buy am? See as the plaintain be like wetin dem thief :-D
Re: The ₦2000 Plantain I Bought Around Chevron Lekki Yesterday by enonche85(m): 11:50am On May 20, 2022
sukkot:

No worry op, the plantain go swell when you remove the back and e go swell the more when you fry or boil am. grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The ₦2000 Plantain I Bought Around Chevron Lekki Yesterday by ekesol: 11:51am On May 20, 2022
Na U wan live for Lekki na. Dem force you?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The ₦2000 Plantain I Bought Around Chevron Lekki Yesterday by Testimony1988(m): 11:53am On May 20, 2022
Goldbw122:
Did they call you in the midnight for meeting? grin cheesy
hahahaha.
Re: The ₦2000 Plantain I Bought Around Chevron Lekki Yesterday by Easy2K: 11:53am On May 20, 2022
sukkot:
keep in mind 2000 is chicken change to me ( GOD is good ). its like dababy who bought popcorn and gave the popcorn guy 100 dollars for a bag of popcorn. that means he paid 60000 naira for a bag of popcorn. should he be flogged ? or is he just looking at the degradation of the human condition and in his own little way is offering relief ?

God increase u as u bless a friend in need.
GTB 0156773727
Re: The ₦2000 Plantain I Bought Around Chevron Lekki Yesterday by Testimony1988(m): 11:56am On May 20, 2022
Gone are the days one will just throw money like that, most sellers at times don't fix the right price, I went to the market to buy something, two of the sellers told me the same price, only one told me a different price which was a bit cheaper and I had to go for it, just because it is expensive does not mean one will have that kind of money to give like that without pricing.
Re: The ₦2000 Plantain I Bought Around Chevron Lekki Yesterday by usj(m): 11:56am On May 20, 2022
sukkot:

well what do I say, you over paid for the plantain but from your conclusion I think it's an act of charity. So enjoy your plantain I stay around Jakande, please call me when the food is ready. Lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The ₦2000 Plantain I Bought Around Chevron Lekki Yesterday by pocohantas(f): 11:57am On May 20, 2022
Magnoliaa:

You go like trouble pass wahala o. Hian. Always you. Only you. Ahan.

I think say e done rest sef. Was surprised to see that moniker. cheesy
Re: The ₦2000 Plantain I Bought Around Chevron Lekki Yesterday by Acidosis(m): 11:58am On May 20, 2022
uvie66:
no I disagree with you... one thing I have noticed about market traders is that they will sell to according to your haggling power and your presentation. In this case it is possible that an Okada rider may buy the same plantation for 1200k

Are you sure? Are you sure your landlord wouldn't increase rent because some yahoo boys came to him with a better offer?

1 Like

Re: The ₦2000 Plantain I Bought Around Chevron Lekki Yesterday by Sukkyy2010: 11:58am On May 20, 2022
Dawn91:
See your dirty floor... See the dirty wire.. you probably live in a self contained... I put it to you that you are a liar and probably live in Ajegunle...
Stop being a critic it a bad stereotype. Stop being such a jerk.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The ₦2000 Plantain I Bought Around Chevron Lekki Yesterday by toffyz(m): 11:59am On May 20, 2022
sukkot:

You've done the right thing but I'm not sure you said the right thing to the woman.

In other words, you should have let the woman know you're just giving her the extra money that you know you're not supposed to buy that in such amount called by her.

Simple!

If not then you're encouraging her to be selling at higher prices to other people
Re: The ₦2000 Plantain I Bought Around Chevron Lekki Yesterday by Judolisco(m): 11:59am On May 20, 2022
sukkot:
its my way of paying tithes. i dont give tithes to rich pastors but yet i see the need to help those who are struggling sometimes. this is how i help people who are struggling. i pay them what they want without asking for discount but first i would access the situation
1- you are hardworking and trying your best
2-of course you will be offering me something in return which i would then overpay for..
wetin come concern pastor and plantain like dis ?
Re: The ₦2000 Plantain I Bought Around Chevron Lekki Yesterday by AprokoGirl: 11:59am On May 20, 2022
Dawn91:
See your dirty floor... See the dirty wire.. you probably live in a self contained... I put it to you that you are a liar and probably live in Ajegunle...

1 Like

Re: The ₦2000 Plantain I Bought Around Chevron Lekki Yesterday by NoToPile: 12:02pm On May 20, 2022
Plantain is actually very expensive now but that one no suppose pass 1.2k or 1.5 k maxsha as per lekki price.

It's four healthy looking pieces they called 800 that day here in mainland extension I didn't buy o.

I believe the 2k is the asking price, she expected you to haggle the price and since you didn't have any intention to price it further no issue niyen.
Re: The ₦2000 Plantain I Bought Around Chevron Lekki Yesterday by NoToPile: 12:02pm On May 20, 2022
HUSTLER001:
The market where I reside is the head quarters of plantain market in Lagos. I'm just pained that you could have gotten not less than three fat bundles with your #2k. If you need me to supply you plantain next time just let mr know. My number is 08073576467. It's on the mainland though.

Idi oro mushin?
Re: The ₦2000 Plantain I Bought Around Chevron Lekki Yesterday by jjxxx: 12:03pm On May 20, 2022
sukkot:
keep in mind 2000 is chicken change to me ( GOD is good ). its like dababy who bought popcorn and gave the popcorn guy 100 dollars for a bag of popcorn. that means he paid 60000 naira for a bag of popcorn. should he be flogged ? or is he just looking at the degradation of the human condition and in his own little way is offering relief ?

Since u claim to be rich, why come here to disturb us with ur plantain wahala? Moreover u claim that that’s a way u pay ur tithe. Which Bible told u that’s how tithe is been paid? Guy, it’s better u price the plantain and then u can gift the seller any amount u desire to give. Buying it at 2k doesn’t show u are paying ur tithe. U are simply buying it at her price and so no reward of tithing here. More over that plantain is 400 naira anywhere. Don’t come here and deceive us.
Re: The ₦2000 Plantain I Bought Around Chevron Lekki Yesterday by sukkot: 12:04pm On May 20, 2022
yall trippin. the floor aint that dirty angry grin

its lekki. everywhere is a fockin construction site. if your floor is not dirty in lekki you are a liar cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The Pouched Rat My Dogs Caught This Morning (Photos) / See The Fried Ripe Plantain I Bought For ₦100 In Abuja / My Homemade Meat Pie Recipe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.