Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,123 members, 7,818,368 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:44 PM

The ₦2000 Plantain I Bought Around Chevron Lekki Yesterday - Food (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The ₦2000 Plantain I Bought Around Chevron Lekki Yesterday (63410 Views)

See The Ripe Plantain I Bought #600 This Morning. / See The Fried Ripe Plantain I Bought For ₦100 In Abuja / See the 2000 Naira Plantain In Kano (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The ₦2000 Plantain I Bought Around Chevron Lekki Yesterday by 77up(m): 12:05pm On May 20, 2022
Acidosis:

The 2k seems small, na why dem no send. Na where God go catch them na when they need to buy an overpriced item in millions. grin

These people are major contributors to the inflation we complain about everyday. There are many ways to give. Allowing yourself get cheated is tantamount to creating problems for more people.

Many people today cannot pay rent, thanks to yahoo boys. These boys are also "helping" baba landlord in their own way.
I'm telling you brother, it's just sickening and funniest part, if you complain, even this one I posted, some will come after me with "broke" tag .

1 Like

Re: The ₦2000 Plantain I Bought Around Chevron Lekki Yesterday by wirinet(m): 12:05pm On May 20, 2022
sukkot:
now guys understand that i somehow have the feeling that i got cheated. in fact i know i got cheated but i would need you guys to tell me if i got cheated or i did well. but that is not the story. the story is this so she brought the plantain. six in total and said 2000 and i knew right away i was being cheated but see sometimes as humans we have to look past this being possessive with our money stuff. you have to once in a while ( or frequently ) reward people who are trying and making an effort to succeed. dont always feel the need to squeeze every last drop of your change out of people or to beat peoples prices down to the point where they cant make a living themselves. ALWAYS have some bit of compassion for people and think about their survival too. stop pricing down people to where they can hardly make a living after working so hard

and so back to my story i looked at this woman, she is sitting under the sun all day i looked at her tray, there is maybe like 7 bunches of plantain in there. am thinking if she sells all today she gets 14000 but of course she bought the plantain somewhere else so she has to pay for the plantain too so at the end of the day what is her profit margin ? maybe for herself for the whole day maybe 3000 ? and she will buy food while sitting there for 10 hours so maybe she takes home 2000 ? she looked like she has children she will have bills and expenses etc etc etc. MY POINT IS THAT I KNEW I WAS GETTING CHEATED BY BUYING THAT PLANTAIN FOR 2000 BUT I DIDNT MIND GETTING CHEATED BECAUSE SOMETMES YOU JUST HAVE TO REWARD PEOPLE WHO ARE TRYING SO HARD. AND SO I GAVE HER THE 2000 AND HOPE HER LIFE IS FINE.

You are not getting cheated and you are not doing any philanthropy. That the current market price of plantain. Plantain is off season right now and so very scarce. You are even lucky to see plantain, my wife had not been able to see plantain to buy since yesterday. I usually eat plantain with my beans. I have to switch over to sweet potato as plantain is very expensive if you see it to buy.

In another month or so the price will come down to normal. That's how other seasonal crops like tomatoes, onions and even yams fluctuate in price.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The ₦2000 Plantain I Bought Around Chevron Lekki Yesterday by jjxxx: 12:08pm On May 20, 2022
toffyz:

You've done the right thing but I'm not sure you said the right thing to the woman.

In other words, you should have let the woman know you're just giving her the extra money that you know you're not supposed to buy that in such amount called by her.

Simple!

If not then you're encouraging her to be selling at higher prices to other people

Thank you. U get sense. Next time the woman will stick to that price thereby making it hard for others to afford. Fellow man making life harder. Even if the woman was under the sun, ur 2k will not take her out of that sun in as much as the economy is still in a mess.
Tell her that the amount is out of this world, it has not gotten to this that she will be selling about 5 pieces of plantain for 2k. But all the same, u have decided to gift her 2k for it because u want to sow into her life.
Re: The ₦2000 Plantain I Bought Around Chevron Lekki Yesterday by sukkot: 12:08pm On May 20, 2022
Bobmarie:
We both think exactly the same way, I’m probably not as rich as you but most times, I overpay too. Not because I don’t know how to haggle. I’ve been called several names by people around me, but they don’t understand that it’s just my little way of helping people around me I deem deserving.
The country is too hard for average people selling on the street.
yeah the country is hard. unbelievably hard . i am a good customer to this mallam along that axis too. he sells mangos. the guy sees that i buy lots from him so he is always tryng to give me 2 extra mangos but i say NO I DONT WANT IT. whatever i take i would pay for. the guy is shocked. but he doesnt understand i am looking at his condition and i would feel bad collecting anything for free from him
Re: The ₦2000 Plantain I Bought Around Chevron Lekki Yesterday by Dawn91(m): 12:08pm On May 20, 2022
Sukkyy2010:

Stop being a critic it a bad stereotype. Stop being such a jerk.

Your father
Re: The ₦2000 Plantain I Bought Around Chevron Lekki Yesterday by Dawn91(m): 12:09pm On May 20, 2022
Honduras01:

loser

Your father
Re: The ₦2000 Plantain I Bought Around Chevron Lekki Yesterday by Dawn91(m): 12:09pm On May 20, 2022
Mozegee:
what is your problem where he lives,what is your headech on where he or she lives. Stick to the topic and just close your mouth.may be u are still living with ur parents and u are here writing trash

Your father
Traplord09:

Show us ur house not your father's house ur own house undecided undecided
De inside and outside...
Don't go to people house to prove ursf..

People like you can tak a pix at people gates

Your father
Re: The ₦2000 Plantain I Bought Around Chevron Lekki Yesterday by Nobody: 12:13pm On May 20, 2022
I wanted to say same thing. Plantain is very expensive now. I priced it the other day and just ran.
wirinet:

You are not getting cheated and you are not doing any philanthropy. That the current market price of plantain. Plantain is off season right now and so very scarce. You are even lucky to see plantain, my wife had not been able to see plantain to buy since yesterday. I usually eat plantain with my beans. I have to switch over to sweet potato as plantain is very expensive if you see it to buy.

In another month or so the price will come down to normal. That's how other seasonal crops like tomatoes, onions and even yams fluctuate in price.
Re: The ₦2000 Plantain I Bought Around Chevron Lekki Yesterday by toffyz(m): 12:13pm On May 20, 2022
jjxxx:

Thank you. U get sense. Next time the woman will stick to that price thereby making it hard for others to afford. Fellow man making life harder. Even if the woman was under the sun, ur 2k will not take her out of that sun in as much as the economy is still in a mess.
Tell her that the amount is out of this world, it has not gotten to this that she will be selling about 5 pieces of plantain for 2k. But all the same, u have decided to gift her 2k for it because u want to sow into her life.

You have said it all sir!
God bless you
Re: The ₦2000 Plantain I Bought Around Chevron Lekki Yesterday by Eastcoastboy(m): 12:15pm On May 20, 2022
sukkot:
lets stick to the topic. i dont like to boast about myself. but i can show you somethings now that would make you cry about your life grin

but lets stick to topic

Best clap back ever!, cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The ₦2000 Plantain I Bought Around Chevron Lekki Yesterday by Lekan239(m): 12:16pm On May 20, 2022
sukkot:
its my way of paying tithes. i dont give tithes to rich pastors but yet i see the need to help those who are struggling sometimes. this is how i help people who are struggling. i pay them what they want without asking for discount but first i would access the situation
1- you are hardworking and trying your best
2-of course you will be offering me something in return which i would then overpay for..
this is not helping, you are just making things worst for other Nigerians, if you want to help gladly do so by telling her. Now the woman will want to increase the price of are plantain bcus she knows some stupid fellow will buy no matter the cost.
Re: The ₦2000 Plantain I Bought Around Chevron Lekki Yesterday by Whois(m): 12:20pm On May 20, 2022
grin meanwhile people like you will blame yahoo boiz for high cost of rent embarassed
sukkot:
now guys understand that i somehow have the feeling that i got cheated. in fact i know i got cheated but i would need you guys to tell me if i got cheated or i did well. but that is not the story. the story is this so she brought the plantain. six in total and said 2000 and i knew right away i was being cheated but see sometimes as humans we have to look past this being possessive with our money stuff. you have to once in a while ( or frequently ) reward people who are trying and making an effort to succeed. dont always feel the need to squeeze every last drop of your change out of people or to beat peoples prices down to the point where they cant make a living themselves. ALWAYS have some bit of compassion for people and think about their survival too. stop pricing down people to where they can hardly make a living after working so hard

and so back to my story i looked at this woman, she is sitting under the sun all day i looked at her tray, there is maybe like 7 bunches of plantain in there. am thinking if she sells all today she gets 14000 but of course she bought the plantain somewhere else so she has to pay for the plantain too so at the end of the day what is her profit margin ? maybe for herself for the whole day maybe 3000 ? and she will buy food while sitting there for 10 hours so maybe she takes home 2000 ? she looked like she has children she will have bills and expenses etc etc etc. MY POINT IS THAT I KNEW I WAS GETTING CHEATED BY BUYING THAT PLANTAIN FOR 2000 BUT I DIDNT MIND GETTING CHEATED BECAUSE SOMETMES YOU JUST HAVE TO REWARD PEOPLE WHO ARE TRYING SO HARD. AND SO I GAVE HER THE 2000 AND HOPE HER LIFE IS FINE.
Re: The ₦2000 Plantain I Bought Around Chevron Lekki Yesterday by ufotunang: 12:20pm On May 20, 2022
It's good you gave her 2k to help her
Re: The ₦2000 Plantain I Bought Around Chevron Lekki Yesterday by Oluwanifisesam: 12:24pm On May 20, 2022
Dawn91:
See your dirty floor... See the dirty wire.. you probably live in a self contained... I put it to you that you are a liar and probably live in Ajegunle...

Wh
ufotunang:
It's good you gave her 2k to help her
at has dirty floor and wire has to do with his/her complain?

If you dont have anything to say, Why not look n pass?

Nairaland Monitoring Officer
Re: The ₦2000 Plantain I Bought Around Chevron Lekki Yesterday by Confirm4real(m): 12:26pm On May 20, 2022
U no price am well abeg...

1 Share

Re: The ₦2000 Plantain I Bought Around Chevron Lekki Yesterday by gadgethead: 12:31pm On May 20, 2022
Dawn91:
[s][/s]

Shut up empty barrel. You are very poor I mean dirt poor and living a fantasy life.. I don't need to boast or rant because you small mind can't comprehend. grin

See your dirty disgusting floor . You are a poor man . No where in my apartment looks like this... Scum bag pauper

So much putrid bile on top small matter. So do people like you generate so much hate out of nothing? The guy was just intimating others about the price of plantain in his area and you turned the narrative to his dirty floor undecided
Re: The ₦2000 Plantain I Bought Around Chevron Lekki Yesterday by Bastard1stborn: 12:31pm On May 20, 2022
Greystone:

I swear this cracked me up at the office right nowgrin

Wow, you work in an office?
Re: The ₦2000 Plantain I Bought Around Chevron Lekki Yesterday by Magnoliaa(f): 12:42pm On May 20, 2022
pocohantas:
I think say e done rest sef. Was surprised to see that moniker. cheesy

You know am...somehow?

1 Like

Re: The ₦2000 Plantain I Bought Around Chevron Lekki Yesterday by Vaiki(m): 12:42pm On May 20, 2022
sukkot:
its my way of paying tithes. i dont give tithes to rich pastors but yet i see the need to help those who are struggling sometimes. this is how i help people who are struggling. i pay them what they want without asking for discount but first i would access the situation
2-of course you will be offering me something in return which i would then overpay for..
The poverty mindset can never understand the rich man's thoughts. bro no use trying to convince people about your philosophy of life, keep living it while they watch you grow.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The ₦2000 Plantain I Bought Around Chevron Lekki Yesterday by sukkot: 12:45pm On May 20, 2022
Oluwanifisesam:

What has dirty floor and wire has to do with his/her complain?

If you dont have anything to say, Why not look n pass?

Nairaland Monitoring Officer
the tiles are not even dirty sef. it just hit me now these people must think the tiles are white tiles so they think it is dirty. THE TILES ARE BROWN-ISH CREAMISH TILES. ..
Re: The ₦2000 Plantain I Bought Around Chevron Lekki Yesterday by ikorodureporta: 12:47pm On May 20, 2022
cheesy
Plantain na gold now...we for this end only eat plantain we harvest here

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The ₦2000 Plantain I Bought Around Chevron Lekki Yesterday by Nobody: 12:54pm On May 20, 2022
sukkot:

So sweet to read and hear.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The ₦2000 Plantain I Bought Around Chevron Lekki Yesterday by Nobody: 12:55pm On May 20, 2022
All thanks to Buhari and his brother Osinbade
Re: The ₦2000 Plantain I Bought Around Chevron Lekki Yesterday by Nobody: 12:56pm On May 20, 2022
sukkot:
oh i am not justifyng myself . i make threads like this all the time about how i value peoples efforts and overpay them. i had a thread last year which went viral about how rain got in my car and then i had some guys drain it and i saw all the effort they put into draining the car and i gave them more than what they asked for. i make threads like this all the time about how peoples labors are not rewarded well in nigeria. i believe its with my other ID. so this is who i am. i just wanted to create another thread with this plantain thats all but i do stuff like this ALL THE TIME. i can buy gala on the street and give the guy 500 naira for one gala. its my way of paying tithes to people who are trying hard. its better than giving one rich pastor who has 10 private jets lol

No need explaining all these, that guy is under Buhari's gimmicks. Let him ask God to give him the heart of giving.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The ₦2000 Plantain I Bought Around Chevron Lekki Yesterday by pocohantas(f): 12:57pm On May 20, 2022
Magnoliaa:

You know am...somehow?

Hahahaha. I do o!
Re: The ₦2000 Plantain I Bought Around Chevron Lekki Yesterday by Magnoliaa(f): 1:01pm On May 20, 2022
pocohantas:
Hahahaha. I do o!

Who is he? Watin be him main or alternate or *second-remove* monicker? grin
Re: The ₦2000 Plantain I Bought Around Chevron Lekki Yesterday by Nobody: 1:02pm On May 20, 2022
theyblog:
Dem force u? Will u die if u don't eat one? When una begin leave unnecessary food alone dem go bring the price down.

Chai, Nigerians...read his reasons oo grin

1 Like

Re: The ₦2000 Plantain I Bought Around Chevron Lekki Yesterday by Nobody: 1:03pm On May 20, 2022
Raymeg7:

Oga ur writing too much gramer for a good did u just do, tell us how u helped her and what we should emulate from u, that is all, all this buying of 2000 and what ever is not why we are here, simple, we should once in a while give or pay more than the price , just to encourage them

You educate, motivate or teach people through life stories! Na wa undecided

1 Like

Re: The ₦2000 Plantain I Bought Around Chevron Lekki Yesterday by VirileNelly2420: 1:03pm On May 20, 2022
sukkot:

Be like something Dem dey use appease d gods... cheesy grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The ₦2000 Plantain I Bought Around Chevron Lekki Yesterday by Nobody: 1:05pm On May 20, 2022
jjxxx:

But that's a lie, sellers give people or buyers price of their wares differently. Someone will still buy it lesser than the OP you know.
Re: The ₦2000 Plantain I Bought Around Chevron Lekki Yesterday by Nobody: 1:07pm On May 20, 2022
Acidosis:

The 2k seems small, na why dem no send. Na where God go catch them na when they need to buy an overpriced item in millions. grin

These people are major contributors to the inflation we complain about everyday. There are many ways to give. Allowing yourself get cheated is tantamount to creating problems for more people.

Many people today cannot pay rent, thanks to yahoo boys. These boys are also "helping" baba landlord in their own way.

Please do you price goods at supermarkets or ShopRite? No ABI, but you go price sotey the poor woman go tire.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The Pouched Rat My Dogs Caught This Morning (Photos) / See The Fried Ripe Plantain I Bought For ₦100 In Abuja / My Homemade Meat Pie Recipe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.