Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,270 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:12 AM

Russia To Cut Natural Gas Supply To Finland From Saturday Morning - Foreign Affairs (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russia To Cut Natural Gas Supply To Finland From Saturday Morning (19005 Views)

Russia Cuts Electricity Supply To Finland Over It's Plans To Join NATO (Photos) / Russia To Finland, Sweden: We Will Deploy Nukes To The Baltics If You Join NATO / Putin Vows To Cut Gas Supply Tomorrow Unless Europe Pays In Roubles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russia To Cut Natural Gas Supply To Finland From Saturday Morning by NigerianSage: 7:24pm On May 20, 2022
pansophist:

So your solution is that Putin should still keep selling to a customer that restrict access to the account his money is paid to, banned him from using the same currency and banned him from the medium of payment transfer (swift)? Such customer is a useless customer. They can go to hell.

No one thinks Russia is the only supplier of gas, but other alternatives are freaking expensive and the infrastructures are not even there. The EU doesn't have enough LNG terminals and to build enough will take at least the next five years, even as such, its expensive to ship from overseas compare to Just pump from pipeline with Russia.

If you think Russia went into this war without thinking and planning and careful examining all possibly scenerios, then you lost it. What's the big deal with Finland joining Nato? They endangered themselves. Putin will move icmbs to the border facing Finland. If the Finnish people want to live with missles facing their country, goodluck to them.

They've enjoyed peace without aggression from Russia since second world war, but the new generation of leaders that didn't fought war are so soft and daft, that they are joking with fire. Go check out the map and see that even though Finland has 1300km of border with Russia, they are mostly Arctic wasteland.

You can't compare the geography of Finland with Ukraine. Ukraine is Russia's heartland, facing their industrial base, had Russians speakers, controls the black sea, and the longest border. Lithuania, Estonia, Norway and Latvia all share borders with Russia and are all in nato, but Russia didn't worry because when it comes to war, those countries are not a threat at all.

And listen, this is not 19th century where other countries haven't catch up. Only China has a population that doubles the whole 30 EU countries, so just China will swallow all the oil the EU get. I know you love the west but you should examine the hard evidence.

I said no such thing, you gave a one sided narrative and I balanced it out with the other sides perspective with context.

Putin is free to do whatever he wants with his product and Finland is free to reject Putin's demands and take their money to another supplier which they just did.

Finland did not lose anything, but Putin lost a customer and money.

Putin's position can only hurt countries like Finland if he's the only supplier of that product, but he's not so it's easy for Finland to give him the middle finger.

Peny wise, pound foolish.

And the rest of your post has nothing to do with views, that's your own flawed. academic exercise.

See below, Finland is not playing with Putin, they saw him coming.

This kind of move to eventually stop buying Putin's products is gaining steam all over Europe, even the ones that can not afford to stop buying are putting infrastructures in place to eventually stop buying Putin's products.

I just don't know why Putin's fans are always detached from obvious realities and events unfolding before them.

Finland leases floating LNG terminal for 10 years to break free from Russian gas

https://www.reuters.com/business/finland-agrees-10-year-charter-fsru-us-firm-excelerate-2022-05-20/

2 Likes

Re: Russia To Cut Natural Gas Supply To Finland From Saturday Morning by leofab(f): 7:45pm On May 20, 2022
grin
ken6488:
Pay in rubble

Russia is not an African country the west can steal from
I guess they just checked the map last two months
Re: Russia To Cut Natural Gas Supply To Finland From Saturday Morning by Jostoman: 8:09pm On May 20, 2022
spartan50:
why so pained
that question is for you
Re: Russia To Cut Natural Gas Supply To Finland From Saturday Morning by spartan50(m): 8:36pm On May 20, 2022
Jostoman:
that question is for you
wetin concern you
Re: Russia To Cut Natural Gas Supply To Finland From Saturday Morning by Benny6944: 8:55pm On May 20, 2022
Officialgarri:
Russia doesn't need to go to war with Sweden or Finland.

Just cut ties with them. Cut oil, cut electricity, cut everything cuttable.

The west will help them with their supplies.

Let them also cut UK and Germany let's see how Russia survives.. na by cutting off minor countries. Poland dem cut off, aren't they surviving?
Re: Russia To Cut Natural Gas Supply To Finland From Saturday Morning by Benny6944: 8:58pm On May 20, 2022
Teazer4:
I saw this news earlier, however it’s not about joining Nato, it’s about “Ruble payments”…. Winter will be here soon. It’s funny they’re threatening to stop buying Russian oil and gas, Kremlin is sending an indirect messages to EU that we can shut the damn taps anytime if you don’t comply with our conditions. EU sabi the effect so dem don Dey open ruble accounts

Russia dey make shitload of money everyday….

Op short up. And stop spreading your hoax news here
Re: Russia To Cut Natural Gas Supply To Finland From Saturday Morning by NonsoNna(m): 9:18pm On May 20, 2022
I was thinking by now,they would have attacked Finland
Re: Russia To Cut Natural Gas Supply To Finland From Saturday Morning by angelfallz(m): 9:18pm On May 20, 2022
I was reading and wanted to stop, to point out that, you forget to mention, the EU getting gas from another supplier is next to impossible, until I saw that you mentioned it in your second paragraph.

It is not easy arguing with people that don't have the right information.

pansophist:

So your solution is that Putin should still keep selling to a customer that restrict access to the account his money is paid to, banned him from using the same currency and banned him from the medium of payment transfer (swift)? Such customer is a useless customer. They can go to hell.

No one thinks Russia is the only supplier of gas, but other alternatives are freaking expensive and the infrastructures are not even there. The EU doesn't have enough LNG terminals and to build enough will take at least the next five years, even as such, its expensive to ship from overseas compare to Just pump from pipeline with Russia.

If you think Russia went into this war without thinking and planning and careful examining all possibly scenerios, then you lost it. What's the big deal with Finland joining Nato? They endangered themselves. Putin will move icmbs to the border facing Finland. If the Finnish people want to live with missles facing their country, goodluck to them.

They've enjoyed peace without aggression from Russia since second world war, but the new generation of leaders that didn't fought war are so soft and daft, that they are joking with fire. Go check out the map and see that even though Finland has 1300km of border with Russia, they are mostly Arctic wasteland.

You can't compare the geography of Finland with Ukraine. Ukraine is Russia's heartland, facing their industrial base, had Russians speakers, controls the black sea, and the longest border. Lithuania, Estonia, Norway and Latvia all share borders with Russia and are all in nato, but Russia didn't worry because when it comes to war, those countries are not a threat at all.

And listen, this is not 19th century where other countries haven't catch up. Only China has a population that doubles the whole 30 EU countries, so just China will swallow all the oil the EU get. I know you love the west but you should examine the hard evidence.

3 Likes

Re: Russia To Cut Natural Gas Supply To Finland From Saturday Morning by calcal: 2:32am On May 21, 2022
Ukraine will run out of fighters soon
Re: Russia To Cut Natural Gas Supply To Finland From Saturday Morning by igbesachick: 2:37am On May 21, 2022
leofab:
grin I guess they just checked the map last two months

an african was resting in a gutter.

Re: Russia To Cut Natural Gas Supply To Finland From Saturday Morning by BloomingDale(f): 4:07am On May 21, 2022
NigerianSage:
This is another Putin face saving drama, they don't want your gas and they won't pay your in rubbles so of what relevance is you not selling anything to Finland?

Obviously, Finland don't want your gas, they are already getting gas from other sources, your loss .

This man is dumb sha.

Lol. See who’s calling a whole president dumb? An African man. cheesy cheesy cheesy Laugh wan kee me here.
Re: Russia To Cut Natural Gas Supply To Finland From Saturday Morning by gamechanger547: 4:43pm On May 21, 2022
Military Analyst Brian Berletic: Russian Ops in Ukraine – Ukraine Losing M777 Howitzers, Continues Losing Ground in Donbas
ussanews.comMay 21, 2022 12:55 PM

Update for Russian military operations in Ukraine for May 21, 2022:

1. Ukrainian militants in the Azovstal steel works have unconditionally surrendered numbering between hundreds (current Red Cross count) to thousands according to Russian sources;

2. Mariupol has been secured by Russia since mid to late-April – Ukraine finally admits however that its “combat operations” have fully ended;

3. Russia continues to make progress in the Donbas region – Ukrainian forces are being encircled in Severodonestsk and Lysychansk – the salient around Papasnya is expanding both west and north as part of this major encirclement;

4. Pentagon admits Russia still poses the majority of its combat power – possess a “numerical advantage” over Ukraine – and is making “slow, uneven” progress, but progress nonetheless;

5. Kharkov “offensive” has either stalled or is in the process of being rolled back;

6. US M777 howitzers have been found, tracked, targeted, and destroyed by Russian forces;

7. Additional attempts to send heavy weapons will face similar technical, tactical, strategic, and manpower challenges;

References US Department of Defense – Pentagon Press Secretary John F. Kirby Holds a Press Briefing – May 20, 2022: https://www.defense.gov/News/Transcri

US Department of Defense – Senior Defense Official Holds a Background Briefing May 19, 2022: https://www.defense.gov/News/Transcri

TASS – Leader of Azov battalion transferred from Azovstal plant in armored vehicle – top brass: https://tass.com/defense/1454085

SouthFront – IN VIDEO: RUSSIAN DRONE, ARTILLERY DESTROY UKRAINE’S NEW M777 HOWITZERS: https://southfront.org/in-video-russi
Re: Russia To Cut Natural Gas Supply To Finland From Saturday Morning by NigerianSage: 4:58pm On May 21, 2022
pansophist:

You don't need new terminal construction to get LNG deliveries, the whole of Europe from Germany to Finland are buying and leasing floating terminals to take care of that until they are done constructing their own terminals.

Finland just leased new terminals for 10 years, Germany bought their own, Poland and Bulgaria which Putin cut off are getting their supplies from the US at cheaper rates.

This is what I don't get about Putin supporters, you don't do facts, just sentiments, emotions and personal opinions that don't jive with basic realities on the ground.

The whole of EU can not break away from Russian gas today, but they are doing everything in their power to break away tomorrow.

Tomorrow is coming, Putin's pain is coming tomorrow because Europe is getting ready and spending their huge wealth to make sure that tomorrow comes when Putin's gas becomes irrelevant.

Abge, wake up and smell the coffee.

1 Like

Re: Russia To Cut Natural Gas Supply To Finland From Saturday Morning by Grandemperor(m): 5:29pm On May 21, 2022
Electricity & Gas Kaput. Why do these northern hemisphere countries make us feel inadequate, whereas they are borrow-borrow-make-me-rich clowns? Oh, I get it. They are expansively permitted to print currencies to undergird their make-believe social security systems.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-61524933
Re: Russia To Cut Natural Gas Supply To Finland From Saturday Morning by Tulsaguy: 9:39pm On May 24, 2022
samfrancis1:
But you never thought Russia must have weighed the consequences before venturing into all of this?

I really don't think so. Putin didn't expect to use two weeks in Ukraine. grin
Re: Russia To Cut Natural Gas Supply To Finland From Saturday Morning by samfrancis1(m): 7:35am On May 26, 2022
Tulsaguy:

I really don't think so. Putin didn't expect to use two weeks in Ukraine. grin
Yes that was it until the west started supplying them with weapons.. Russia didn’t go into war. They were there to demilitarize.. but US and NATO is turning it into something else
Re: Russia To Cut Natural Gas Supply To Finland From Saturday Morning by spartan50(m): 8:01pm On Jun 20, 2022
cocoboss:

Get your dirty ass off my mention kid
I be your mate?
Re: Russia To Cut Natural Gas Supply To Finland From Saturday Morning by Kelvin3476: 8:47am On Jun 21, 2022
Teazer4:
I saw this news earlier, however it’s not about joining Nato, it’s about “Ruble payments”…. Winter will be here soon. It’s funny they’re threatening to stop buying Russian oil and gas, Kremlin is sending an indirect messages to EU that we can shut the damn taps anytime if you don’t comply with our conditions. EU sabi the effect so dem don Dey open ruble accounts

Russia dey make shitload of money everyday….
THEY KNW WINTER IS COMING SOM , AND THEY ARE NOT BLACKS. THEY MUST HAVE ALTERNATIVE BEFOR THE SO CALLED WINTER
Re: Russia To Cut Natural Gas Supply To Finland From Saturday Morning by Kelvin3476: 8:51am On Jun 21, 2022
Kingkamba:
Russian just dey give them woto woto anyhow grin grin grin grin grin
WIC COUNTRY GAT THE MOST FLEWING CITIZENS ? IF U CN ANSA THIS, THEN U MUST KNW WHO IS COLLECTING WOTO WOTO

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Israel To Pull Some Troops From Gaza As War Enters New Phase / End Of ISIS? Putin Sends In His Most Ruthless Special Forces / Iran Unveils Homemade Stealth Fighter Jet (Pictures & Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.