Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,652 members, 7,813,194 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:28 AM

Putin Vows To Cut Gas Supply Tomorrow Unless Europe Pays In Roubles - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Putin Vows To Cut Gas Supply Tomorrow Unless Europe Pays In Roubles (33163 Views)

Germany To Use Firewood, Coal If Russia Cuts Off Gas Supply / Russia To Cut Natural Gas Supply To Finland From Saturday Morning / Russia To Cut Off Gas Supply To Poland & Bulgaria Over Refusal To Pay In Rubles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Putin Vows To Cut Gas Supply Tomorrow Unless Europe Pays In Roubles by SecretAgent7706: 4:49pm On Mar 31, 2022
Russia will cut off gas supplies to Europe if countries refuse to pay in roubles, Vladimir Putin has warned.

The Russian leader said he had signed a decree saying customers must pay in the local currency from tomorrow or their contracts will be terminated. The G7 has previously rejected the demand.

In televised comments, Putin said buyers of Russian gas should open accounts in Russian banks, adding that the move was an important step in strengthening the country’s ailing economy.

European gas prices reversed earlier losses and pushed higher amid fears Europe could abruptly lose its bigger source of natural gas supplies.

Putin's doubling down marks a reversal from earlier today, when both Germany and Italy said they'd received assurances from the Russian president that buyers could continue to pay in euros.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2022/03/31/ftse-100-markets-live-news-russian-gas-green-energy/

52 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Putin Vows To Cut Gas Supply Tomorrow Unless Europe Pays In Roubles by WATCHOVER(m): 4:56pm On Mar 31, 2022
The day those persons who supported Buhari to power, were shouting we want Joe Biden I knew United States was to be captained by people who lack management skill to govern United States. United States should not vote for Biden for second term if they want to continue hold power on the world map

140 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Putin Vows To Cut Gas Supply Tomorrow Unless Europe Pays In Roubles by joyla8: 4:57pm On Mar 31, 2022
Putin is out of his mind, damn

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Putin Vows To Cut Gas Supply Tomorrow Unless Europe Pays In Roubles by TimmyA: 4:58pm On Mar 31, 2022
That is a good response for their sanctions. Take the battle from your enemies stronghold to your stronghold so that you can have some home advantage and also make your enemies (business partners) behave themselves. They can't just be dictating all the time

261 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Putin Vows To Cut Gas Supply Tomorrow Unless Europe Pays In Roubles by Mickykarim: 5:02pm On Mar 31, 2022
Now that Putin has the current incompetent feckless world leaders by the balls. Let us see how they respond and get out of this.

THE CLULESS BUNCH ARE AT ODDS WITH REALITY.

174 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Putin Vows To Cut Gas Supply Tomorrow Unless Europe Pays In Roubles by AroleOduduwa2: 5:04pm On Mar 31, 2022
Not sure what the EU expect Putin to do, you frooze the account which he receives his payment and still want him to keep supplying you, is that not robbery, they basically want gas for free.

People need to see these people for what they are, they are theives parading themselves as world savoir.

They shot themselves in the foot when they listen to sleepy joe, same sleepyJoe that abandoned his allies when they needed help evacuating their citizens in Afghanistan

332 Likes 28 Shares

Re: Putin Vows To Cut Gas Supply Tomorrow Unless Europe Pays In Roubles by Queenttoast01: 5:05pm On Mar 31, 2022
Wow, Putin is trying to reset world order and useless Euro, can bubu do this

127 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Putin Vows To Cut Gas Supply Tomorrow Unless Europe Pays In Roubles by ojesymsym: 5:05pm On Mar 31, 2022
I said it before.
Since EU countries will out of fear of the US or because of pride not want to pay in Rubies, then this is a business opportunity for any country willing to risk it and possible US sanctions.
Act as an intermediary between Russia and the "unfriendly" nations. Collect euros from them, pay Russia in Rubies and keep the profit.

I think China is the only country that can risk this without fear

183 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Putin Vows To Cut Gas Supply Tomorrow Unless Europe Pays In Roubles by dawnomike(m): 5:09pm On Mar 31, 2022
ojesymsym:
I said it before.
Since EU countries will out of fear of the US or because of pride not want to pay in Rubies, then this is a business opportunity for any country willing to risk it and possible US sanctions.
Act as an intermediary between Russia and the "unfriendly" nations. Collect euros from them, pay Russia in Rubies and keep the profit.

I think China is the only country that can risk this without fear
International trade between 2 countries is more complicated than the way you have put it up here... The payment structure and processing is handled by the central banks of each country

124 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Putin Vows To Cut Gas Supply Tomorrow Unless Europe Pays In Roubles by Uprightness100(m): 5:09pm On Mar 31, 2022
This will be terrible for Europe's Russia unfriendly Nations.

But I see a Situation where they begin to go for Israel's Gas, through Egypt or turkey.
I Believe Isreal's Booty is the " Hook in the Jaw" GOD ALMIGHTY will use to pull Russia down to Israel for the Gog Magog War.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Putin Vows To Cut Gas Supply Tomorrow Unless Europe Pays In Roubles by AroleOduduwa2: 5:10pm On Mar 31, 2022
dawnomike:
International trade is more complicated than the way you have put it up here...

They will settle for a middle man, the middle man will get EUR, buy Ruble and pay Russia in Ruble, it will be same outcome for Putin, strong ruble.

I expect the EU to gloat about paying in EUR without telling people Russia is getting Ruble.

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Putin Vows To Cut Gas Supply Tomorrow Unless Europe Pays In Roubles by ojesymsym: 5:13pm On Mar 31, 2022
I know this is an overly simplified solution but then countries that have no diplomatic relations sometimes use a mutually friendly country to do their transactions. I think (not sure) US uses Qatar for Iran issues. Similar structure exist for North Korea I think.
dawnomike:
International trade between 2 countries is more complicated than the way you have put it up here... The payment structure and processing is handled by the central banks of each country

3 Likes

Re: Putin Vows To Cut Gas Supply Tomorrow Unless Europe Pays In Roubles by Househelp(m): 6:44pm On Mar 31, 2022
Please my fellow nairaland, old dell London used laptop for sale in Abuja, if interested please DM me

1 Like

Re: Putin Vows To Cut Gas Supply Tomorrow Unless Europe Pays In Roubles by drLammy(m): 6:44pm On Mar 31, 2022
I love this

3 Likes

Re: Putin Vows To Cut Gas Supply Tomorrow Unless Europe Pays In Roubles by Igbofam: 6:44pm On Mar 31, 2022
SecretAgent7706:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2022/03/31/ftse-100-markets-live-news-russian-gas-green-energy/

Putin is desperate grin

You want to terminate a two way contract from one side when the other party has not defaulted in the terms and you are the defaulter? cheesy

Putin is high on Russian weed cheesy

16 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Putin Vows To Cut Gas Supply Tomorrow Unless Europe Pays In Roubles by Kazeem47(m): 6:44pm On Mar 31, 2022
Putin want them to shoot at their own feet.

17 Likes

Re: Putin Vows To Cut Gas Supply Tomorrow Unless Europe Pays In Roubles by jaxxy(m): 6:45pm On Mar 31, 2022
Swine, Ruble or dollar, Russian economy will sink deepee than the titanic and nothing can stop it.
Re: Putin Vows To Cut Gas Supply Tomorrow Unless Europe Pays In Roubles by Nobody: 6:45pm On Mar 31, 2022
You guys should pay for gas in rubles so that your grannies with blue eyes and blonde hair don't freeze to death.

Next time, you don't bite the finger that's feeding you. You can't take Russia's gas and pay in a currency that benefits you BUT into an account you have blocked and Russia can't access.

If you can send weapons to Ukraine, you should also be able to pay for what's keeping you alive.

No rubles, no gas.

168 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Putin Vows To Cut Gas Supply Tomorrow Unless Europe Pays In Roubles by bluefilm: 6:45pm On Mar 31, 2022
Strong man Vladimir Putin.

He knows that he has the Entire Europe exactly where he wants them.

My love for Putin is unstoppable

147 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Putin Vows To Cut Gas Supply Tomorrow Unless Europe Pays In Roubles by Hannover(m): 6:45pm On Mar 31, 2022
Fantastic News

11 Likes

Re: Putin Vows To Cut Gas Supply Tomorrow Unless Europe Pays In Roubles by posty56: 6:45pm On Mar 31, 2022
you see as nobody question the source ? bunch of clowns ,make tommorow reach na their una go know

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Putin Vows To Cut Gas Supply Tomorrow Unless Europe Pays In Roubles by Analyst7: 6:46pm On Mar 31, 2022
Let the economic games begin...the only man with liquid metal balls

20 Likes

Re: Putin Vows To Cut Gas Supply Tomorrow Unless Europe Pays In Roubles by bukxy: 6:46pm On Mar 31, 2022
Re: Putin Vows To Cut Gas Supply Tomorrow Unless Europe Pays In Roubles by sammyj: 6:46pm On Mar 31, 2022
Make him go ahead. Empty threats after invading another man's land without thinking through the consequences of the action !! shocked shocked Europe should seek elsewhere for the Gas!! Isreal and other middle eastern countries will be a good alternative source of Gas energy. Hope this is not an April Fo@l trick being played by Putin !! grin grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Putin Vows To Cut Gas Supply Tomorrow Unless Europe Pays In Roubles by Dollarremix(m): 6:46pm On Mar 31, 2022
Lolzz Putin na pure werey grin

10 Likes

Re: Putin Vows To Cut Gas Supply Tomorrow Unless Europe Pays In Roubles by letitrainnow(m): 6:46pm On Mar 31, 2022
Authentic

2 Likes

Re: Putin Vows To Cut Gas Supply Tomorrow Unless Europe Pays In Roubles by Igbofam: 6:48pm On Mar 31, 2022
AroleOduduwa2:
Not sure what the EU expect Putin to do, you frooze the account which he receives his payment and still want him to keep supplying you, is that not robbery, they basically want gas for free.

People need to see these people for what they are, they are theives parading themselves as world savoir.

They shot themselves in the foot when they listen to sleepy joe, same sleepyJoe that abandoned his allies when they needed help evacuating their citizens in Afghanistan

The Russian central bank handles payments and they are not frozen. Putin is just clutching at straws right now

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

General Seare Mekonnen Shot Dead In Ethiopia 'Coup Bid' Attacks / Israeli Airstrikes Pound Southern Gaza City Of Rafah / Sudan's Warring Factions Agree To A 72-hour Nationwide Ceasefire - Blinken

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.