Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,981 members, 7,863,496 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 06:55 PM

Is Mary The Mother Of God? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Mary The Mother Of God? (841 Views)

Mary The Mother Of Jesus Has Been Married Off To Mohammed By Allah! / Is Mary Omnipresent Like God That She Can Hear All Those Praying To Her? / Mary The Mother Of Jesus Had No Other Children. A Biblical Perspective (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Mary The Mother Of God? by Kobojunkie: 2:22pm On May 21, 2022
Beautygoddesss:
1. about jesus conception read luke 1:26-37
verse 34-35-then said mary to the angel how will this be seeing i know not a man then the angel answered the holyghost shall come upon thee and the power of the highest shall overshadow thee therefore also that"HOLY"thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the son of GOD
The word "Holy" can be interpreted to mean a thing is in compliance with God's Will. undecided

Jesus Christ was born according to God's Will, not man's will. And nowhere did God say He will halt His Judgement against man all so Jesus Christ can be born through a woman's womb but outside of His curse. So? undecided
Re: Is Mary The Mother Of God? by Kobojunkie: 2:25pm On May 21, 2022
Beautygoddesss:
oga read gen 3:17-19.if GOD curse only referred to adam why do all men die?
I don't understand your question here at all. undecided

I get that you are trying to conclude that Jesus Christ was created by God in much the same way God created Adam, meaning Jesus Christ was of a whole different tree/species than we humans are - Man 2.0. undecided

The problem with that assumption is that makes Jesus Christ not a Son of Man , as He claimed on several occasions, since He would instead be of the Man 2.0 specie, and not of the seed of Abraham, and definitely not of the bloodline of David either. undecided
Re: Is Mary The Mother Of God? by Beautygoddesss: 2:32pm On May 21, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. No Human being on earth is born with sin from birth this since sin is direct disobedience of God's Law and commandments.

2. God didn't pick any man probably because no man could be Jesus Christ, the embodiment of God's own Law. undecided

3. God never said sex is wrong so I am not certain why you continue to harp on Jesus Christ being conceived without sex. lipsrsealed

Adam was not conceived through copulation, and he couldn't be Jesus Christ either. undecided

4. Again, pay close attention to the details of God’s judgment in Genesis 3 vs 16 because what you continue to do amounts to calling God a liar in this, all so you can continue to push what is your personal opinion in this. undecided

God cursed woman in childbearing meaning all those born into this world via the womb of a woman - no mention of sex or conception - are born via God's curse. undecided
oga read gen 3:17-19 if GOD cursed only adam.y do all men die?
Re: Is Mary The Mother Of God? by Kobojunkie: 2:33pm On May 21, 2022
Beautygoddesss:
oga read gen 3:17-19 if GOD cursed only adam.y do all men die?
I never said God cursed only Adam though so I don't understand the reason for this question or what it has to do with this topic. undecided
Re: Is Mary The Mother Of God? by Beautygoddesss: 2:36pm On May 21, 2022
Kobojunkie:
I don't understand your question here at all. undecided

I get that you are trying to conclude that Jesus Christ was created by God in much the same way God created Adam, meaning Jesus Christ was of a whole different tree/species than we humans are - Man 2.0. undecided

The problem with that assumption is that makes Jesus Christ not a Son of Man , as He claimed on several occasions, since He would instead be of the Man 2.0 specie, and not of the seed of Abraham, and definitely not of the bloodline of David either. undecided
guy am tired.believe wat u believe.i just told u wat i believe if u dnt get it forgerrit.shalom!!!!
Re: Is Mary The Mother Of God? by Kobojunkie: 2:37pm On May 21, 2022
Beautygoddesss:
guy am tired.believe wat u believe.i just told u wat i believe if u dnt get it forgerrit.shalom!!!!
What you believe doesn't lineup with what is written of God and spoken by Jesus Christ Himself, that there is the major issue. undecided
Re: Is Mary The Mother Of God? by Mikee19(m): 4:54pm On May 21, 2022
Kobojunkie:
The words of Jesus Christ, God's Law, is recorded in the Gospels, not in the epistles where Paul himself, on several occasions reminded you of this by his own submissions,but you conveniently refuse to accept his admissions, anything to continue avoiding the very Truth of God Himself undecided

That you would rather believe God Himself, Truth personified, came down to earth yet gave an unfinished law only to then have men(liars by nature) who you claim to be filled with the holy spirit give you what you call greater truths than what God handed you while He was on earth speaks volumes of where your heart belongs. You trust doesn't seem to be in God at all but in the very words of men which God warned you vehemently against placing above His. undecided

1. When Jesus said to his apostles "I have very much to tell you but you can't yet understand them now", what did this mean? That his teaching was

A) completely finished

B) unfinished

2. How did Jesus solve the problem of them not being able to understand the "very much" that he had left to tell them?

Let's start from there. I await your honest and scriptural response
Re: Is Mary The Mother Of God? by Kobojunkie: 4:58pm On May 21, 2022
Mikee19:
1. When Jesus said to his apostles "I have very much to tell you but you can't yet understand them now", what did this mean? That his teaching was

A) completely finished

B) unfinished

2. How did Jesus solve the problem of them not being able to understand the "very much" that he had left to tell them?

Let's start from there. I await your honest and scriptural response
Again,....The words of Jesus Christ, God's Law, is recorded in the Gospels, not in the epistles where Paul himself, on several occasions reminded you of this by his own submissions,but you conveniently refuse to accept his admissions, anything to continue avoiding the very Truth of God Himself undecided

That you would rather believe God Himself, Truth personified, came down to earth yet gave an unfinished law only to then have men(liars by nature) who you claim to be filled with the holy spirit give you what you call greater truths than what God handed you while He was on earth speaks volumes of where your heart belongs. You trust doesn't seem to be in God at all but in the very words of men which God warned you vehemently against placing above His. undecided

When that which is stated by men contradict the very declaration of Jesus Christ Himself, a problem arises called a contradiction and God Himself gave law as to how such contradictions ought to be resolved. If God's law is ignored then how can the end be of God? undecided
Re: Is Mary The Mother Of God? by Mikee19(m): 5:02pm On May 21, 2022
I hear you. Answer my questions though. Very simple questions, just two in number. That's all i ask, then we take it up from there

Kobojunkie:
Again,....The words of Jesus Christ, God's Law, is recorded in the Gospels, not in the epistles where Paul himself, on several occasions reminded you of this by his own submissions,but you conveniently refuse to accept his admissions, anything to continue avoiding the very Truth of God Himself undecided

When that which is stated by men contradict the very declaration of Jesus Christ Himself, a problem arises called a contradiction and God Himself gave law as to how such contradictions ought to be resolved. If God's law is ignored then how can the end be of God? undecided
Re: Is Mary The Mother Of God? by xproducer: 5:05pm On May 21, 2022
Sixfiguresmart:
I was having a conversation with my (winners) neighbor last Wednesday when another Catholic neighbor showed up. The conversation went a little deeper and more spiritual when the issue of Mary mothering God came up. It turns out that there was a rift in the winner's guy opinion regarding this issue.

Do people generally believe that Mary is the mother of God?

---

Mary is, by God's mercies, goodness and grace... a blessed saint / child of GOD! (John 1:12)

"And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord, And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour. For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed." - Luke 1:46-48

1 Like

Re: Is Mary The Mother Of God? by Kobojunkie: 5:07pm On May 21, 2022
Mikee19:
I hear you. Answer my questions though. Very simple questions, just two in number. That's all i ask, then we take it up from there
Your questions make a lot of assumptions that directly contradict Jesus Christ's own teachings. For this very reason, I keep leading you back to understanding the place Jesus Christ aka God Law in the Kingdom of God occupies where it concerns God's Truth and Gospel. undecided

Jesus Christ gave His followers about 100 commandments to live by - continuous submission and obedience. He said those who love Him are those who obey His commandments. Obviously, what this means is that no follower of Jesus Christ would teach any idea that contradicts Jesus Christ in any way of form. Not even God's own Holy Spirit, whose very job is to cause His own to carefully obey His commandments - Ezekiel 36 vs 27 - , would contradict God's own Truth. undecided
Re: Is Mary The Mother Of God? by Mikee19(m): 5:26pm On May 21, 2022
Na wa ooo! See the way you're "parambulating" rather than answer two very cheap questions! cheesy

Questions are the easiest way to show ppl the error of their ways! In order words, if you cannot safely, in good conscience, answer two very simple questions, how can you be confident in what you believe such that it cannot address things as simple as these!

You know why you won't answer those questions? Because those words of Jesus, taken literally for what they say, directly contradict everything you keep saying! You simply CANNOT answer them without shooting yourself in foot, yet you will persist regardless!

Jesus Christ, "God's truth", himself is saying things that stand in direct contrast to your beliefs. Rather than confront this, you will run everywhere, anywhere, here and there, ANYTHING but address what Jesus very plainly said. You will NEVER be able to look Jesus' words in the eyes and directly respond to them without seeing the folly of what it is you're saying, but you'll persist anyways.

Suit yourself.

Cheers!

Kobojunkie:
Your questions make a lot of assumptions that directly contradict Jesus Christ's own teachings. For this very reason, I keep leading you back to understanding the place Jesus Christ aka God Law in the Kingdom of God occupies where it concerns God's Truth and Gospel. undecided

Jesus Christ gave His followers about 100 commandments to live by - continuous submission and obedience. He said those who love Him are those who obey His commandments. Obviously, what this means is that no follower of Jesus Christ would teach any idea that contradicts Jesus Christ in any way of form. Not even God's own Holy Spirit, whose very job is to cause His own to carefully obey His commandments - Ezekiel 36 vs 27 - , would contradict God's own Truth. undecided
Re: Is Mary The Mother Of God? by Kobojunkie: 5:28pm On May 21, 2022
Mikee19:
Na wa ooo! See the way you're "parambulating" rather than answer two very cheap questions! cheesy

Questions are the easiest way to show ppl the error of their ways! In order words, if you cannot safely, in good conscience, answer two very simple questions, how can you be confident in what you believe such that it cannot address things as simple as these!

You know why you won't answer those questions? Because those words of Jesus, taken literally for what they say, directly contradict everything you keep saying! You simply CANNOT answer them without shooting yourself in foot, yet you will persist regardless!

Jesus Christ, "God's truth", himself is saying things that stand in direct contrast to your beliefs. Rather than confront this, you will run everywhere, anywhere, here and there, ANYTHING but address what Jesus very plainly said. You will NEVER be able to look Jesus' words in the eyes and directly respond to them without seeing the folly of what it is you're saying, but you'll persist anyways.

Suit yourself.

Cheers!

Again....Your questions make a lot of assumptions that directly contradict Jesus Christ's own teachings. For this very reason, I keep leading you back to understanding the place Jesus Christ aka God Law in the Kingdom of God occupies where it concerns God's Truth and Gospel. undecided

Re: Is Mary The Mother Of God? by Mikee19(m): 5:33pm On May 21, 2022
She say question make assumptions cheesycheesycheesy
How can questions make assumption? cheesy
Oya answer the question while giving the assumption the "question makes" na, no.
Lol!
And you cannot see that this is a problem. Persist in your ways jare smiley
Re: Is Mary The Mother Of God? by Kobojunkie: 5:39pm On May 21, 2022
Mikee19:
She say question make assumptions cheesycheesycheesy
How can questions make assumption? cheesy
Oya answer the question while giving the assumption the "question makes" na, no.
Lol!
And you cannot see that this is a problem. Persist in your ways jare smiley
My bad.... was trying to do eat and do laundry and type at the same time.. undecided

I meant your questions are based on assumptions that contradict Jesus Christ. undecided
Re: Is Mary The Mother Of God? by Mikee19(m): 5:39pm On May 21, 2022
What you're doing is called "dogmatic" reasoning. Inability to face/confront new facts that directly oppose what you believe, but sticking to them anyways. You will NEVER be able to address them even if your life depended on it, but you'll keep repeating things that cannot confront those facts regardless cheesy
What a wonderful sight! cheesycheesy
Re: Is Mary The Mother Of God? by Mikee19(m): 5:41pm On May 21, 2022
Kobojunkie:
My bad.... was trying to do eat and do laundry and type at the same time.. undecided

I meant your questions are based on assumptions that contradict Jesus Christ. undecided

Give the assumptions, and answer the questions! After all those questions are straight from the words of Jesus Christ! How hard can it be!
Re: Is Mary The Mother Of God? by Kobojunkie: 5:44pm On May 21, 2022
Mikee19:
Give the assumptions, and answer the questions! After all those questions are straight from the words of Jesus Christ! How hard can it be!
I already more than addressed them. undecided
Re: Is Mary The Mother Of God? by Mikee19(m): 5:56pm On May 21, 2022
Kobojunkie:
I already more than addressed them. undecided

In order words, you CANNOT, even if your life depended on it, answer simple questions like "what did Jesus mean by saying he has much more to say. In simple English if someone has MUCH MORE to say but can't say it yet, does it mean what he has to say is finished?"

This one is even a rhetorical question. One a normal day, with simple English, we know what this means. In SSCE or JAMB, we know what this means. But suddenly common sense reasoning is lost so as to defend one's doctrine at all cost. You cannot give simple English answer to simple English question again all of a sudden, simple English reasoning is lost on you cheesy

And you cannot see that this is a problem, even if your life depended on it! cheesy

Smh
Re: Is Mary The Mother Of God? by Kobojunkie: 5:57pm On May 21, 2022
Mikee19:
In order words, you CANNOT, even if your life depended on it, answer simple questions like "what did Jesus mean by saying he has much more to say. In simple English if someone has MUCH MORE to say but can't say it yet, does it mean what he has to say is finished?"

This one is even a rhetorical question. One a normal day, with simple English, we know what this means. In SSCE or JAMB, we know what this means. But suddenly common sense reasoning is lost so as to defend one's doctrine at all cost. You cannot give simple English answer to simple English question again all of a sudden, simple English reasoning is lost one you cheesy

And you cannot see that this is a problem, even if your life depended on it! cheesy

Smh
undecided

As I said, I already more than addressed them. undecided
Re: Is Mary The Mother Of God? by Mikee19(m): 6:03pm On May 21, 2022
Nairalanders comman see something o cheesy
I asked someone said he has MUCH MORE to say but cannot say it yet cos they can't understand. I now asked a very simple English question that someone just learning English should be able to answer:

"Does it mean this person is finished with all they have to say?"

Dasall o cheesycheesy

See how somebody is sweating to answer what should be a very simple question on any other normal day! cheesycheesy

"Parambulating" all over, simple English question!

Can anybody else help me with a simple answer to what this very simple question will normally be under any other circumstances? cheesy
Re: Is Mary The Mother Of God? by Steep(m): 6:17pm On May 21, 2022
Mikee19:
Nairalanders comman see something o cheesy
I asked someone said he has MUCH MORE to say but cannot say it yet cos they can't understand. I now asked a very simple English question that someone just learning English should be able to answer:

"Does it mean this person is finished with all they have to say?"

Dasall o cheesycheesy

See how somebody is sweating to answer what should be a very simple question on any other normal day! cheesycheesy

"Parambulating" all over, simple English question!

Can anybody else help me with a simple answer to what this very simple question will normally be under any other circumstances? cheesy
He/she is confused.

1 Like

Re: Is Mary The Mother Of God? by Sixfiguresmart(m): 6:23pm On May 21, 2022
This does not answer the question. Yes, or no?
xproducer:

---

Mary is, by God's mercies, goodness and grace... a blessed saint / child of GOD! (John 1:12)

"And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord, And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour. For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed." - Luke 1:46-48
Re: Is Mary The Mother Of God? by Mikee19(m): 6:27pm On May 21, 2022
Steep:

He/she is confused.

I mean! Loool...

What is surprising is that until now she cannot see this! When you have to throw away common sense and refuse to answer something so simple, that on every other day she can answer right from her sleep, without even thinking, but all of a sudden "miraculously" cannot because it'll show her doctrine for the sham that it is, then she should throw away that doctrine!

I've tried my best. This is obvious to everyone else in the whole world who can see this but her. She's hell bent on sticking to something that defies simple reasoning from scriptures hence can't be helped
Re: Is Mary The Mother Of God? by Mikee19(m): 5:14am On May 22, 2022
Kobojunkie:
The words of Jesus Christ, God's Law, is recorded in the Gospels, not in the epistles where Paul himself, on several occasions reminded you of this by his own submissions,but you conveniently refuse to accept his admissions...

Hear Paul:

NKJV Ga 1:11-12: "¹¹ But I make known to you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached by me is not according to man. ¹² For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but it came through the revelation of Jesus Christ."

Nobody taught Paul what he preached and taught but Jesus himself by his Spirit, and yet you claim the words of Jesus aren't recorded in the epistles!undecided

In his letter to the Corinthians you are referring to, see what he said also:

NKJV 1Co 11:23-24: "²³ For I received from the Lord that which I also delivered to you: that the Lord Jesus on the same night in which He was betrayed took bread; ²⁴ and when He had given thanks, He broke it and said, “Take, eat; this is My body which is broken for you; do this in remembrance of Me.”"

Paul wasn't part of the original apostles who ate the Lord's supper! The way he "received it from the Lord" was by revelation! Jesus even taught him about the Lord's supper himself!

And now someone is undermining his revelation from God just because he said this:

NKJV 1Co 7:25,40: "²⁵ Now concerning virgins: I have no commandment from the Lord; yet I give judgment as one whom the Lord in His mercy has made trustworthy. … ⁴⁰ But she is happier if she remains as she is, according to my judgment— and I think I also have the Spirit of God."

Paul merely said he didn't receive this part by revelation from Jesus as he did the rest of what he teaches; yet you fail to notice that even then he said he was giving it by the Spirit of God!

See how another version puts it:

NLT 1Co 7:40 ...and I think I am giving you counsel from God’s Spirit when I say this.

So even though he didn't have a revelation from God same as others here, that didn't stop him from giving teaching by the Holy Spirit too!undecided
The only difference being that he was merely speaking as a man with the Holy Spirit like every other believer and not an apostle! How do I mean?

There are requirements to be called an apostle. One of them is that you must see Jesus!:

NKJV 1Co 9:1: "¹ Am I not an apostle? Am I not free? Have I not seen Jesus Christ our Lord?"

NKJV 1Co 15:3-4,7-8: "³ For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, ⁴ and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures, … ⁷ After that He was seen by James, then by all the apostles. ⁸ Then last of all He was seen by me also, as by one born out of due time."

Of course not every believer will see Jesus! But to be an apostle, one MUST! Paul did, and also received special revelation from him in a way a normal believer doesn't, as part of his calling to be an apostle! The one time Paul said he was saying something which wasn't by revelation as he received all his other teachings, he emphasized that it was still through God's Spirit yet! He clearly said that did he not??! The only diff was that he was talking, not as "Paul the apostle" with special revelation from God, but as "Paul the Christian" with the Holy Spirit just like any other believer! He said "he too had the Spirit of God" the same way any other believer did, and was giving counsel from him! Yes not by special revelation, but still from the Spirit of God! He clarified this at the end!
Re: Is Mary The Mother Of God? by Mikee19(m): 5:28am On May 22, 2022
And there are NO CONTRADICTIONS in the Bible, only a refusal to see the big picture of what all scripture taken together, is saying!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pastor Jerry Eze Celebrates His 40th Birthday Today(video) / A Woman Whose Body Was Riddled With Cancer Got Baptised And Completely Healed. / Paulians Believe Jesus Only Laid The Foundation Of Church But Paul Built Upon It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.