Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,747 members, 7,809,856 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:03 PM

Resumption Of Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Suspended Indefinitely - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Resumption Of Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Suspended Indefinitely (12501 Views)

Terrorists Bomb Abuja-Kaduna Train With 970 Passengers Onboard / Bandits Bomb Abuja-Kaduna Train (Photo) / 12 EFCC Officials Suspended Indefinitely (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Resumption Of Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Suspended Indefinitely by King44(m): 1:16am On May 21, 2022
How would they recover the loan they got and spent 60% on flex sorry spent on rail bayii

Amaechi, how??
Re: Resumption Of Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Suspended Indefinitely by Cognitivereason: 2:57am On May 21, 2022
Ifeanyicosta:

True talk my dear,I was at my villa at orsu local govt imo state,there was dis silent sound up in d cloud,DAT lasted from 3am in morning to 2pm without anyone seeing anything up in d sky ,later we heard DAT fighter jet have killed 8 in d forest.

Chai

Bros..
The airforce has never deployed any fighter jet aircraft to the east...
What you heard is a lie
Re: Resumption Of Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Suspended Indefinitely by Cognitivereason: 3:00am On May 21, 2022
00FFT00:

The families of the victims should institute a class action suit against NRC, joining their parent parastatal, the ministry of transport, and its principal, the federal government.

Among the reliefs to be prayed for should be:

1. An order of mandamus compelling the NRC and co-defendants to do everything with a sense of urgency to secure the safe return of their loved ones alive and in health.

NRC was the contract partner for the purpose of conveying the passengers to their agreed destination. A service which it accepted to undertake and received payment. The payment made satisfied acceptance and accent to the contract by NRC.

2. An order to indemnify them collectively as a class to the amount of N1 trillion for emotional, psychological, economic, and other damages not including loss of life or damage to the body's ability to function in the state before captivity.

3. A determination of the court that allows individual captives or/and their representatives to seek further reliefs on a need basis pursuant to a finding of the court that it is in conformity with extant laws in the event of severe deformity to a captive or death.

We need to start holding people accountable in this Nigeria.

NRC or the ministry of transportation isn't any way responsible for that attack...
The victims should hold their case with the military, police or the Vice president who didn't approve the necessary equipment for the security of the rail.
Re: Resumption Of Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Suspended Indefinitely by Cognitivereason: 3:09am On May 21, 2022
COMPAQ:

That thinking is shallow and makes no sense to me. To many Nigerians think sentimentality and not logically. With terrorism they're are no guarantees and that's the honest truth. America with all their tech and special forces took 10years to find and kill bin laden after 9/11. Did flights stop in that times? No. Just extra security while the search continued. Chibok girls have spent over 6 abi na 8 years in captivity. Will we shut down education until we find them? Will we ever find them together as a group of girls after all this time? The answer is clearly No.

A whole train service cannot be abandoned until the kidnapped are rescued. It makes no sense.

This is why Nigerians cannot lead a company. And that's why Nigerian leaders are poor. Too much sentimental decision making instead of taking the hard but necessary decisions.

Thank you..

Generally Nigerians have their senses blocked by tribalism , unnecessary hate and sentiments..

It the reason many even the educated ones can't reason properly
Re: Resumption Of Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Suspended Indefinitely by Cognitivereason: 3:16am On May 21, 2022
In as much as we understand the pains of the families...

It not enough reason to shutdown operations..

If a plane on a route is attacked..you don't shutdown all flight on the same route for long...

Abuja Kaduna road is a death sentence still government In it right thinking sense can't shut it down or say no one should drive there..

I will say the same for water transport..

It the choice of Nigerians if they still want to use the rail but doesn't warrant it being shutdown...

In all I feel like those kidnapped victims are gone..it truly sad...

It not the first mass kidnap case they was swept under the carpet..

Pressure should be mounted on security operatives
Re: Resumption Of Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Suspended Indefinitely by nokspos: 3:39am On May 21, 2022
but i'm sure you of all people will never travel with that train
Kyase:

So until they are rescued, train service should not function again abi?
Make we no dey put emotion for everything abeg, yes they should rescue them but train service should resume...
Make person no travel again?
Re: Resumption Of Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Suspended Indefinitely by Aystarz: 4:09am On May 21, 2022
Maxymilliano:
Very good ... It will be the height of insensitivity if train service on that route should commence when kindapped victims of the last train ride are yet to gain freedom

Highest?? Some slowpoke in Lagos wanted to resume tolling in Lekki, barely 15 months after youhs were fired at and killed by cowards in uniform, on the order of same imbeciles.
Re: Resumption Of Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Suspended Indefinitely by Aystarz: 4:19am On May 21, 2022
COMPAQ:

That thinking is shallow and makes no sense to me. To many Nigerians think sentimentality and not logically. With terrorism they're are no guarantees and that's the honest truth. America with all their tech and special forces took 10years to find and kill bin laden after 9/11. Did flights stop in that times? No. Just extra security while the search continued. Chibok girls have spent over 6 abi na 8 years in captivity. Will we shut down education until we find them? Will we ever find them together as a group of girls after all this time? The answer is clearly No.

A whole train service cannot be abandoned until the kidnapped are rescued. It makes no sense.

This is why Nigerians cannot lead a company. And that's why Nigerian leaders are poor. Too much sentimental decision making instead of taking the hard but necessary decisions.

One question : Can government guarantee that another train attack and kidnapping will not happen just as soon as operations resume??
You can compare your country with America on here and sound woke all you like, but you know deep down that you're not safe, even in your home. Hypocrites like you won't even dare allow their families board those trains again, but here you are playing the ostrich.
Re: Resumption Of Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Suspended Indefinitely by pargelenis(m): 5:09am On May 21, 2022
BennyDGreat:
The right context for the plane would be...If terrorists attack a plane on a particular route....
Yes, good point … but the flights don’t stop either …. Unless na for naija
Re: Resumption Of Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Suspended Indefinitely by MoneyMustBMade(m): 5:45am On May 21, 2022
Meanwhile the minister of transportation is busy promising us heaven and earth under apc no human sympathy at all....

Apc no try at all
Re: Resumption Of Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Suspended Indefinitely by loswhite(m): 7:12am On May 21, 2022
successmatters:

Yes, to save more lives from being lost.
Yet you are still entering vehicles after Accident...lol.
Re: Resumption Of Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Suspended Indefinitely by BennyDGreat: 7:35am On May 21, 2022
salem1996:

Think before you talk, and that's exactly what you just did.

I knew you thought I was insulting you from the beginning. Lol

Lol I scanned through before reading...I saw 'that's exactly what you did' before going back to calmly read the whole thing.

I either ignore insults or respond back with facts. Time no dey to dey follow person fight nau...
Re: Resumption Of Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Suspended Indefinitely by BennyDGreat: 7:45am On May 21, 2022
pargelenis:
Yes, good point … but the flights don’t stop either …. Unless na for naija

The flights would stop oh if they can't guarantee safety of other flights on the route.

They do need to first ascertain what they are dealing with if terrorists indeed attack a plane in a territory.

Terrorists think big and could plan a back to back attack in an attempt to cripple a territory
Re: Resumption Of Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Suspended Indefinitely by deavicky(m): 7:59am On May 21, 2022
This government and this country is the most useless I have ever known. They are absolutely doing nothing about those kidnapped passengers.
The people the they kept in IDP camp they had finally made the camp their village without any effort to restore them back to their villages. Which kind of country and leadership is this for God sake.
Re: Resumption Of Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Suspended Indefinitely by Awise09(m): 8:48am On May 21, 2022
Kyase:

Make we no dey put emotion for everything abeg, yes they should rescue them but train service should resume...
I can see how selfish you are.

1 Like

Re: Resumption Of Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Suspended Indefinitely by SIONKPO1(m): 9:37am On May 21, 2022
Kyase:

You sounds so Stupid,are you aware that the Train Driver was Kidnapped,likewise some staff,with Passengers
are you aware that Leah Sharibu's case has been forgotten? by this same Government
You are heart less
Re: Resumption Of Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Suspended Indefinitely by Juicy001: 10:12am On May 21, 2022
So no batch b group for kidnappers...
Berra
Re: Resumption Of Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Suspended Indefinitely by pargelenis(m): 11:27am On May 21, 2022
BennyDGreat:

The flights would stop oh if they can't guarantee safety of other flights on the route.

They do need to first ascertain what they are dealing with if terrorists indeed attack a plane in a territory.

Terrorists think big and could plan a back to back attack in an attempt to cripple a territory
I believe you are looking at it from a Nigerian context and I agree. The Nigerian security has hopelessly failed against the terrorists and will continue to fail. No other African country is this hopeless.
Re: Resumption Of Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Suspended Indefinitely by COMPAQ(m): 1:16pm On May 22, 2022
Aystarz:

One question : Can government guarantee that another train attack and kidnapping will not happen just as soon as operations resume??
You can compare your country with America on here and sound woke all you like, but you know deep down that you're not safe, even in your home. Hypocrites like you won't even dare allow their families board those trains again, but here you are playing the ostrich.

The arguement was that the train service should not resume until the kidnapped are rescued, and not that the train service should not resume if it deemed unsafe. If NRC reopen the service it will of course be because they have discussed with govt, with security agencies etc for improved security. Of course there are no guarantees, but life must go kn and people will make their own choices whether to travel or not.

Yes Nigeria is not safe and I'd rather not travel, but I still had to go to Ibadan by road recently and I went.

If your father died in Orlu, won't you go to Bury him despite the issues? Or you'll keep him in mortuary for eternity until IPOB stop their wahala?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerians ‘Consume’ 2bn Litres Of Petrol In 28 Days / 22 States, FCT Reduced Their Domestic Debts By ₦‎176 Billion In Q3 2023 / Nigeria Lacks Good Leaders – OBJ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.