Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,898 members, 7,848,640 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 07:55 AM

Others May, I Cannot. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Others May, I Cannot. (108 Views)

I Cannot Be With A Man. I Am Half-human & Snake & Have A Spiritual Husband (Vid) / Adeboye On Death Of Son, Dare: I Cannot Complain, Blame Or Question God / This Is Why I Cannot Just Keep My Atheism To Myself (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Others May, I Cannot. by janeedema(f): 4:41am On May 21, 2022
As the end of the age draws close with the signs that precede the rapture of the church obvious, it becomes important to reflect constantly on how well we are running our race, as Christians.

I went through a documentary of George Muller recently, and I couldn't stop my tears from flowing, as I pondered on if our present-day focus as Christians still aligns with what Christ instituted and had in mind.

"What's the drive behind my Christianity?", I kept asking myself.

When one considers the ease with which we blend into the world's systems as against standing out as light, you are tempted to almost conclude, that we must have forgotten that we are strangers on earth.

These days, we can't ascertain who a Christian is and who isn't from contact. This was hardly the case decades ago where just seeing a Christian sends shivers of guilt down your spine.

Their conversation. Conduct. Charisma would often win more souls than the message they bear. From them, love simply drips.

I thought to remind us today that Jesus is coming again. Dear Christians, it isn't a myth. You may have heard since when you were a baby.

But know this:

He sure is coming real soon.

This is why more than ever, it is expedient to draw a clear line of who we are and to whom we belong-- without apology.

We represent a kingdom bound by strict dictates. For a Christian, anything doesn't just go.

We cannot keep sinning and expect the grace of God to abound. We cannot be complacent about holiness and then faith-speak making the rapture. We cannot play with the things that God has called us out from and keep a straight face that it doesn't matter.

Christians, others may thrive in ungodliness, but you cannot.

You have been set apart. You have been called holy. You have been called pure.

Don't let the little foxes that destroy the vine make you unworthy of His appearing.

Dear Christian, once saved isn't forever saved. Work out your salvation with fear and trembling.

Let the matters of the kingdom move you. Let your love for God move you to ensure that the ministry the Lord Jesus handed over to the saints isn't blamed.

Be a shining light in a crooked and perverse generation.

Refuse to blend in, for you've been called and alienated. You've been set apart. You've been called holy. Keep that garment pure.

Yes! You cannot engage in worldliness because you are different.

Dear friends, remain rapturable.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Imitating His Voice / Hot Chocolate / Eckankar Yola Information Center

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.