Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,362 members, 7,812,033 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:44 AM

Lyon Beat Barcelona To Win The Women’s Champions League For The Eighth Time - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lyon Beat Barcelona To Win The Women’s Champions League For The Eighth Time (13755 Views)

Lionel Messi Wins Record-Extending Eighth Ballon D’or Award / Lyon Beat Wolfsburg, Clinch Record Women's Champions League Title / Lyon Beat Arsenal 2-1 To Win 2019 Emirates Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lyon Beat Barcelona To Win The Women’s Champions League For The Eighth Time by Henrinos: 9:37pm On May 21, 2022
Lyon beat Barcelona 3-1 in the Women’s Champions League final on Saturday after midfielder Amandine Henry netted a brilliant solo goal and striker Ada Hegerberg scored one and made another in the first half of an entertaining clash.

Henry gave the French side the lead with a stunning strike in the sixth minute, winning the ball and cutting inside on her right foot before firing a rocket of a shot from distance into the top right corner.

Hegerberg added a second with a header in the 23rd minute and the Norwegian striker teed up Catarina Macario to score Lyon’s third with a tap-in 10 minutes later, with Alexia Putellas pulling one back for Barcelona before the break.

Barca’s Patricia Guijarra chipped a stunning lob from inside the centre circle against the bar in a frenetic second half but Lyon were able to preserve their lead to secure an eighth Champions League title.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lyon Beat Barcelona To Win The Women’s Champions League For The Eighth Time by Aonkuuse(m): 9:43pm On May 21, 2022
Good

3 Likes

Re: Lyon Beat Barcelona To Win The Women’s Champions League For The Eighth Time by paulolee(m): 9:46pm On May 21, 2022
barca femeni were strong favorites bt thats football, dey won last season bt not dt Lucky dis season

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lyon Beat Barcelona To Win The Women’s Champions League For The Eighth Time by justicechichex: 11:56pm On May 21, 2022
Wow. Congrats to them including my gal Ada. Nigerians losing finals since this week.. Omoh wetin dey occur!!

Starting with the Rangers trio, then on friday twas Olise Ndah for Orlando Pirates and now it's Asisat Oshoala.. Not that i'm blaming Buhari oo but......

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lyon Beat Barcelona To Win The Women’s Champions League For The Eighth Time by paulolee(m): 10:07am On May 22, 2022
justicechichex:
Wow. Congrats to them including my gal Ada. Nigerians losing finals since this week.. Omoh wetin dey occur!!

Starting with the Rangers trio, then on friday twas Olise Ndah for Orlando Pirates and now it's Asisat Oshoala.. Not that i'm blaming Buhari oo but......
omor I bin reason am too o, na this barca own shock me pass, barca were on its best form n even better than last season dey won....dts football

4 Likes

Re: Lyon Beat Barcelona To Win The Women’s Champions League For The Eighth Time by justicechichex: 1:36pm On May 22, 2022
paulolee:

omor I bin reason am too o, na this barca own shock me pass, barca were on its best form n even better than last season dey won....dts football

Ur head dey there bro. Even the odds were against Lyon. Omoh the result shock me like madt. Wasn't xpecting it. Thought twas gonna be a rollercoaster for Barca.

Football is very very unpredictable.

2 Likes

Re: Lyon Beat Barcelona To Win The Women’s Champions League For The Eighth Time by Anthonypens247(m): 2:13pm On May 22, 2022
Congratulations to them...

Kindly check my signature below for your academic writing research services, Assignments, Projects, and content writing with ZERO PLAGIARISM.
Re: Lyon Beat Barcelona To Win The Women’s Champions League For The Eighth Time by Nobody: 2:13pm On May 22, 2022
I’ll fix your dead phones and laptops at affordable prices

Contact me via siggy
Re: Lyon Beat Barcelona To Win The Women’s Champions League For The Eighth Time by tbbt13: 2:14pm On May 22, 2022
Ehya.. Atleast someone named Ada scored.

1 Like

Re: Lyon Beat Barcelona To Win The Women’s Champions League For The Eighth Time by 07kjb: 2:15pm On May 22, 2022
I go begin collect money to be giving out sure ODDS
Re: Lyon Beat Barcelona To Win The Women’s Champions League For The Eighth Time by WiszyFraud: 2:15pm On May 22, 2022
Lyon remains the female version of Realmadrid in UCL

cool

13 Likes

Re: Lyon Beat Barcelona To Win The Women’s Champions League For The Eighth Time by mbahdi(m): 2:16pm On May 22, 2022
What a Bleep
Re: Lyon Beat Barcelona To Win The Women’s Champions League For The Eighth Time by aieromon(m): 2:18pm On May 22, 2022
Congrats to Lyon.

The first goal by Ms Henry was a stunner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZhS5rUh2zQ

2 Likes

Re: Lyon Beat Barcelona To Win The Women’s Champions League For The Eighth Time by Eusp: 2:19pm On May 22, 2022
Congratulations to them
Re: Lyon Beat Barcelona To Win The Women’s Champions League For The Eighth Time by GardenOfGod(m): 2:20pm On May 22, 2022
Real ladies... Not nairaland noise makers

3 Likes

Re: Lyon Beat Barcelona To Win The Women’s Champions League For The Eighth Time by bhella10: 2:20pm On May 22, 2022
Barca women should not just roll over everyone. Champe no be farmers league

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lyon Beat Barcelona To Win The Women’s Champions League For The Eighth Time by 07kjb: 2:21pm On May 22, 2022
justicechichex:

Ur head dey there bro. Even the odds were against Lyon. Omoh the result shock me like madt. Wasn't xpecting it. Thought twas gonna be a rollercoaster for Barca.

U don't really follow this LYON TEAM the best female football team since the last ten years

20 Likes

Re: Lyon Beat Barcelona To Win The Women’s Champions League For The Eighth Time by blaquemyc: 2:21pm On May 22, 2022
If only their male counterparts were this good. Congrats to them, a championship well deserved.

2 Likes

Re: Lyon Beat Barcelona To Win The Women’s Champions League For The Eighth Time by Sanchez01: 2:23pm On May 22, 2022
paulolee:
barca femeni were strong favorites bt thats football, dey won last season bt not dt Lucky dis season
You obviously don't watch the female Champions League. The strongest female team in Europe is Lyon's, not even Barcelona's. No way in hell the Barcelona women team were the favourites.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lyon Beat Barcelona To Win The Women’s Champions League For The Eighth Time by wiseone28: 2:23pm On May 22, 2022
Chai i was staring at sweet 5 odds

Telling my niggaz Lyon gonna win
Re: Lyon Beat Barcelona To Win The Women’s Champions League For The Eighth Time by Yadid(m): 2:23pm On May 22, 2022
justicechichex:

If you think Barca are that strong, then you must not know much about European female club football. Lyon is the dominant force in Europe. Since the last 8 seasons of female UCL, they have won it on each occasion except for last year that they slept off and Barca won it.

They only took back their trophy.

13 Likes

Re: Lyon Beat Barcelona To Win The Women’s Champions League For The Eighth Time by Benmob: 2:26pm On May 22, 2022
Any time Barcelona female team meet Lyon they become chicken, head to head agg now 5 to nil, even PSG female will beat them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lyon Beat Barcelona To Win The Women’s Champions League For The Eighth Time by Nobody: 2:27pm On May 22, 2022
Na only how to encourage fellow footballers to insult our legends na Asisat Oshoala know how to do...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lyon Beat Barcelona To Win The Women’s Champions League For The Eighth Time by blaquemyc: 2:28pm On May 22, 2022
Yadid:

If you think Barca are that strong, then you must not know much about European female club football. Lyon is the dominant force in Europe. Since the inception of female UCL, they have won it on each occasion except for last year that they slept off and Barca won it.

They only took back their trophy.
tell them jare

6 Likes

Re: Lyon Beat Barcelona To Win The Women’s Champions League For The Eighth Time by Henrinos: 2:32pm On May 22, 2022
WOW!!! my post made front page on Nairaland

1 Like

Re: Lyon Beat Barcelona To Win The Women’s Champions League For The Eighth Time by Gkay1(m): 2:35pm On May 22, 2022
Wonderful club
Re: Lyon Beat Barcelona To Win The Women’s Champions League For The Eighth Time by Bankyshinani(m): 2:40pm On May 22, 2022
07kjb:

U don't really follow this LYON TEAM the best female football team since the last ten years
Yes you are right.... No be all dey follow female football
Re: Lyon Beat Barcelona To Win The Women’s Champions League For The Eighth Time by Raymondapa28: 2:41pm On May 22, 2022
Cgg
Re: Lyon Beat Barcelona To Win The Women’s Champions League For The Eighth Time by Bankyshinani(m): 2:44pm On May 22, 2022
justicechichex:

Oga,dat one na lie... Lyon has been the strongest female football team for the past years so there's no way the odds will be against Lyon... U only knew about Barca femini because Spanish football get fans pass french football..... Even Bayern Munich female team no sabi play chichi unlike there male counterpart

3 Likes

Re: Lyon Beat Barcelona To Win The Women’s Champions League For The Eighth Time by haffaze777(m): 2:44pm On May 22, 2022
Wetin parkalona fit win self? angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tecno To Recruit Young African Players To Play In The UK / Qatar 2022: Female referees will be at the men's World Cup for the first time / Barcelona Launches Official Fan-Club In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.