Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,632 members, 7,813,088 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:49 AM

BREAKING: Ikwere Discloses Why They're Are Not IGBO - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: Ikwere Discloses Why They're Are Not IGBO (1995 Views)

Naira Crisis: Emefiele Discloses Why Currency Redesign Policy Is Failing / I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo / Goodluck Jonathan Commissions Roads In Ikwere, Rivers State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BREAKING: Ikwere Discloses Why They're Are Not IGBO by Nigercity: 5:55pm On May 22, 2022
For sure I believe ikwerre isn't Igbo!
But this difference are stale
The spellings are heavily misleading or let's say Anglicised
If an ikwerre man start pronouncing these things
It will end up sounding like the Central Igbo version

Ikwerre is very similar and also close to ngwa and Owerri dialect of Igbo language which are more closer to central Igbo than Northern Abia Igbo and Enugu Igbo.
Re: BREAKING: Ikwere Discloses Why They're Are Not IGBO by Buckeyemedia1: 5:55pm On May 22, 2022
Fbisshit:
next time try and understand origin by faith through religion..
Yes o, those ipobian incubuses from the linage of the fallen demon?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Ikwere Discloses Why They're Are Not IGBO by Parachoko: 5:57pm On May 22, 2022
Sergio104:

I don't know what your problem really is

Why the hallucination??

Please who created this thread seeking validation from the almighty Igbo?.....I guess ịkọrọ and not ikwere right??

For damn sake we gives no fück about you minorities.

But don't mess with us in Bonny and Opobo
There is no Ibo land in Bonny or Opobo. Bonny and Opobo both belong to the Ibanis.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BREAKING: Ikwere Discloses Why They're Are Not IGBO by Buckeyemedia1: 5:58pm On May 22, 2022
Parachoko:
There is no Ibo land in Bonny or Opobo.
Because Jaja went there as a slave child & later became king, they will say it is their own.
Re: BREAKING: Ikwere Discloses Why They're Are Not IGBO by Kingspin(m): 5:59pm On May 22, 2022
Who's not tired of this trend?

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Ikwere Discloses Why They're Are Not IGBO by Fbisshit: 6:00pm On May 22, 2022
Buckeyemedia1:
Yes o, those ipobian incubuses from the linage of the fallen demon?
you're no longer making sense.
But tell your friends from ikwere
that NDIIGBO are not recruiting..
Re: BREAKING: Ikwere Discloses Why They're Are Not IGBO by Sergio104(m): 6:01pm On May 22, 2022
Parachoko:
There is no Ibo land in Bonny or Opobo. Bonny and Opobo both belong to the Ibanis.

Ain't out for banter Mr bogus.

I repeat.... Don't rub your flatulence in opobo and Bonny

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Ikwere Discloses Why They're Are Not IGBO by Parachoko: 6:03pm On May 22, 2022
Buckeyemedia1:
Because Jaja went there as a slave child & later became king, they will say it is their own.
Sergio104 is a joker.

An Igbo man claiming Ibani land.

I wander why Sergio104 fails to claim other Ibani lands like Oloma, kuruama, Finima etc

He is a joker.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Ikwere Discloses Why They're Are Not IGBO by Parachoko: 6:04pm On May 22, 2022
Sergio104:

Ain't out for banter Mr bogus.

I repeat.... Don't rub your flatulence in opobo and Bonny
You are a joker.

Opobo and Bonny are both Ibani lands, they don't even share boaders with any Ibo town.

I wander why you are not claiming the likes of Oloma and kuruama as Ibo lands too, the joke is on you though.

You can keep on claiming Ijaw lands if it will make you sleep well at night.

The likes of Dagogo is now an Ibo man cheesy

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Ikwere Discloses Why They're Are Not IGBO by ebufa: 6:10pm On May 22, 2022
Galaxyowerri:

They can go to hell, nobody cares!
They're too little to be significant.

I will purchase the tickets for their trip to hell.......let me see how Amaechi will campaign in alaigbo................IPOB had better learn their lessons too! bloody anyhow people!
Re: BREAKING: Ikwere Discloses Why They're Are Not IGBO by ebufa: 6:13pm On May 22, 2022
Buckeyemedia1:
Ironically Igbos are actually the first cousins of the Pygmy people from Congo, if imaginary Biafra was carved out of Nigeria today, you will be in East Africa like your brothers from Cameroon.

keep on parroting your ignorance! mumu
Re: BREAKING: Ikwere Discloses Why They're Are Not IGBO by gartamanta: 6:42pm On May 22, 2022
1 to 10 in central Igbo and Ikwerre

1 = Otu(Igbo), Otu(Ikwerre)

2 = Abuo(Igbo), Ebo(Ikwerre)

3 = Ato(Igbo), Eto(Ikwerre)

4 = Ano(Igbo), Eno(Ikwerre

5 = Ise(Igbo), Ise(Ikwerre)

6 = Isii or Ishii(Igbo), Isinu or Ishinu(Ikwerre)

7 = Asaa(Igbo), Esaawu(Igbo)

8 = Asato(Igbo), Esato(Ikwerre

9 = Itolu(Igbo), Tolu(Ikwerre)

10 = Iri(Igbo), Ri(Ikwerre)

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Ikwere Discloses Why They're Are Not IGBO by ThePlugg(m): 6:52pm On May 22, 2022
Galaxyowerri:

They can go to hell, nobody cares!
They're too little to be significant.
Nonsense,who wants to be Igbo Mtcheeww....Ikwerre mékà ó

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Ikwere Discloses Why They're Are Not IGBO by Jamesbally: 7:00pm On May 22, 2022
Una wan use this thread give IGBO People HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE. All their lies don cast. They thought they can cajole Ikwere People,so they can claim Rivers. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Ikwere Discloses Why They're Are Not IGBO by VictorUSA(m): 7:04pm On May 22, 2022
Can you imagine?
Re: BREAKING: Ikwere Discloses Why They're Are Not IGBO by Tranquill: 7:10pm On May 22, 2022
This is about the 6th thread Igbos have opened on Ikwerre people just today alone.

Instead of these people to bother about their Igbo problems in their Igboland it is Notherners today. Ijaw tomorrow, Youruba next and Ikwerre everyday.

Na wa o!
Ona no dey shame or tire?
Wet in be this abeg??

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Ikwere Discloses Why They're Are Not IGBO by KingsCity: 7:12pm On May 22, 2022
What is the meaning of Amaechi in Ikwerre?
Re: BREAKING: Ikwere Discloses Why They're Are Not IGBO by techWriter3: 8:11pm On May 22, 2022
Enough of this jest
Re: BREAKING: Ikwere Discloses Why They're Are Not IGBO by ThankGodFriday(m): 8:31pm On May 22, 2022
I was here
Re: BREAKING: Ikwere Discloses Why They're Are Not IGBO by chrisxxx(m): 9:06pm On May 22, 2022
Nigercity:
For sure I believe ikwerre isn't Igbo!
But this difference are stale
The spellings are heavily misleading or let's say Anglicised
If an ikwerre man start pronouncing these things
It will end up sounding like the Central Igbo version

Ikwerre is very similar and also close to ngwa and Owerri dialect of Igbo language which are more closer to central Igbo than Northern Abia Igbo and Enugu Igbo.
Your assertion was the mistake made by Igbo migrants when they landed in Port Harcourt. Ikwerres have different dialects just like Igbos. If we speak same dialect one could say we migrated from same place somewhere. But like the igbos have variations so do Ikwerre dialects. I come from Obio Akpor I strain my ears to understand what the man from Elele says. I even prefer he communicates with me in English. Those in Obio Akpor and Port Harcourt LGAs have got some common words with Igbo. This could be as a result of years of association with the igbos.
Re: BREAKING: Ikwere Discloses Why They're Are Not IGBO by chrisxxx(m): 9:10pm On May 22, 2022
KingsCity:
What is the meaning of Amaechi in Ikwerre?
Just like you may have English name so do Ikwerre people share Igbos name.
Amaechi means we don't know tomorrow. The Ikwerre version is Amaekile. But this is not popular. So most people go by the Igbo version understood by all. Don't forget that Igbo language was compulsory learnt in schools in the eastern Nigeria before the war.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Ikwere Discloses Why They're Are Not IGBO by chrisxxx(m): 9:13pm On May 22, 2022
ThePlugg:

Nonsense,who wants to be Igbo Mtcheeww....Ikwerre mékà ó
Diali. Eze baraba. Ogirinya Badu.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Ikwere Discloses Why They're Are Not IGBO by adebayo987: 9:18pm On May 22, 2022
Igbo has really spoilt their own name killing their own brothers in the name of fighting for freedom. How do you expect anyone to associate with killers? If they can kill their major brothers, then it would be worse for their minor brothers. So, don't blame the Ikwere people, blame Igbo for making themselves evil towards themselves.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Ikwere Discloses Why They're Are Not IGBO by Nobody: 9:24pm On May 22, 2022
this just goes to show that the ikwerre are related to the Ngwa clan like oral Ngwa tradition states.

Rumutakiri is actually umutakiri in Ngwa. the Ngwa word for soup same.

Even though the author heavily embellished in the spellings, pronunciation will expose that hypocrisy.

check out the videos of Wike conversing with okezie ikpeazu to see how similar both dialects are

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Ikwere Discloses Why They're Are Not IGBO by juman(m): 9:26pm On May 22, 2022
When election comes, politicians hold on to anything even the spider web to survive.
That time they are igbo.
Re: BREAKING: Ikwere Discloses Why They're Are Not IGBO by Remiel: 10:09pm On May 22, 2022
Hmm
Re: BREAKING: Ikwere Discloses Why They're Are Not IGBO by 1879bar: 7:59am On May 23, 2022
[s]
Buckeyemedia1:
Ironically Igbos are actually the first cousins of the Pygmy people from Congo, if imaginary Biafra was carved out of Nigeria today, you will be in East Africa like your brothers from Cameroon.
[/s]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gov. Hope Uzodinma Wears A 500 Million Naira Wrist Watch (pictures) / Soludo - I Have Given Up On Igbos Matter / The Showdown Who Will Win 2023 Election: Obi Needs Miracle To WIN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.