Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,057 members, 7,818,173 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:26 AM

Soludo - I Have Given Up On Igbos Matter - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soludo - I Have Given Up On Igbos Matter (2000 Views)

Soludo: I Will Sort Out My Differences With Obi Soon / Soludo: I Became A Professor In My 30s, Achieved Everything I Wanted In My 30s / Soludo: I Was Asked To Reject Buhari’s Appointment ‘because There’s No Money’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soludo - I Have Given Up On Igbos Matter by LordLugard1: 5:44am On Nov 15, 2022
I am not an Igbo man but as a South South man I always feel IGBOS are my immediate brothers. I felt the Injustice mated to them in the Nigeria Federation. I have been supporting any move for Igbo presidency. I am convinced that no Igbo man that will govern Nigeria will be worst than Buhari.
But it is very difficult to be supporting a tribe that always fight against themselves. During the PDP primary election many IGBOS contested but non step down for his brother, Same thing in APC. As distinct as South South are they are more United than Iigbos. Why must an Igbo man always be available to pull down his own brother. The governor of Oyo state is in PDP but encourage Yorubas to vote Tinubu for president. Even Afenefere leader that endors Obi did not speak rubbish against Tinubu just as many IGBOS had endorsed Tinubu.

Why IGBOS always want to pull their brother down.
Well, I think I have given up on Igbo matters. Let them settle their home first before we outsiders will take them serious

14 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Soludo - I Have Given Up On Igbos Matter by Ofodirinwa: 5:47am On Nov 15, 2022
Ok, we have heard. Next.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soludo - I Have Given Up On Igbos Matter by joyandfaith: 5:52am On Nov 15, 2022
LordLugard1:
I am not an Igbo man but as a South South man I always feel IGBOS are my immediate brothers. I felt the Injustice mated to them in the Nigeria Federation. I have been supporting any move for Igbo presidency. I am convinced that no Igbo man that will govern Nigeria will be worst than Buhari.
But it is very difficult to be supporting a tribe that always fight against themselves. During the PDP primary election many IGBOS contested but non step down for his brother, Same thing in APC. As distinct as South South are they are more United than Iigbos. Why must an Igbo man always be available to pull down his own brother. The governor of Oyo state is in PDP but encourage Yorubas to vote Tinubu for president. Even Afenefere leader that endors Obi did not speak rubbish against Tinubu just as many IGBOS had endorsed Tinubu.

Well, I think I have given up on Igbo matters. Let them settle their home first before we outsiders will take them serious

Valid point.. igbo people have uncontrolled ego. If Obi is a northerner, he would have been nicknamed mai gaskiya by now. Even if Obi wins presidency, his people would bring him down. I think igbo culture is not compatible with other cultures in Nigeria.

16 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Soludo - I Have Given Up On Igbos Matter by Dreal1247: 5:59am On Nov 15, 2022
Know this and have your peace. It is obvious that Soludo is envious of the popularity of Obi. The popular platform workshop where Mr Peter Obi performed excellently well, Soludo was actually the key speaker. After his wonderful address which he read out for the young listeners, Mr Peter outperformed Mr professor. I believe that the bitterness started from there. But the Nigerian youths have decided that Mr Peter Obi is the answer. I pity Mr professor. He should just forget about a second term. The attacks on Mr Peter Obi has made it clear that he is a bad egg.

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Soludo - I Have Given Up On Igbos Matter by NigeriaIsGreat: 6:00am On Nov 15, 2022
LordLugard1:

I am not igbo either but my sister married an igbo man and my close circle are igbos

I was told by these few igbos surrounded by me that igbos don't like themselves

These set of people aren't even gonna vote because they know presently an igbo man cannot be Nigeria president

If igbo will ever produce president in Nigeria then it would be someone else but not in the next 10-20 years.

Sadly, prof Soludo also reiterated that on his letter about igbos

I don't believe igbos are hostile and not accommodating

I only know that once they noticed or believe their own person cannot have what they want, they'd go out of their way to crucify the likely candidate to have it. Though they always lose out of everything at the end

They did it to Buhari, they're currently doing it to Tinubu

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Soludo - I Have Given Up On Igbos Matter by Nobody: 6:09am On Nov 15, 2022
Hmm,okay o

1 Like

Re: Soludo - I Have Given Up On Igbos Matter by KEVIND: 6:17am On Nov 15, 2022
LordLugard1:

It happened to Obasanjo, it also happened to Jonathan. Other tribes fought & make sure they became President except for their own people,so its not peculiar to the Igbos or Obi. I know the Igbos have their own selfish & peculiar problems.

The only people that're United perfectly well in Nigeria are the Fulanis not even the Hausas.
If you think the Igbos are not United, just take a study you'll know that Hausas are the most hit.
Pls don't tell me Hausa & Fulani are the same cos they're not.
Despite their numerical strength, Fulani are still ruling over them both in Politics, Religion & their traditional institutions.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soludo - I Have Given Up On Igbos Matter by OVB123: 6:41am On Nov 15, 2022
joyandfaith:

Valid point.. igbo people have uncontrolled ego. If Obi is a northerner, he would have been nicknamed mai gaskiya by now. Even if Obi wins presidency, his people would bring him down. I think igbo culture is not compatible with other cultures in Nigeria.
Igbos practise what we called confederal system of government, where every man is the head of his household, that is why the indirect rule of the colonial master couldn't stand the test of time in the eastern region.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soludo - I Have Given Up On Igbos Matter by Orukomeno: 6:43am On Nov 15, 2022
Abeg we no be brothers na people like you dey make Igbos claim our land
LordLugard1:

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soludo - I Have Given Up On Igbos Matter by joyandfaith: 6:51am On Nov 15, 2022
OVB123:
Igbos practise what we called confederal system of government, where every man is the head of his household, that is why the indirect rule of the colonial master couldn't stand the test of time in the eastern region.

Exactly.
Re: Soludo - I Have Given Up On Igbos Matter by Period007(m): 6:57am On Nov 15, 2022
LordLugard1:

Soludo is angry because Peter Obi rejected to join APGA but instead joined a structure less party and became the most popular candidate

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soludo - I Have Given Up On Igbos Matter by epondudu: 6:58am On Nov 15, 2022
Don't castigate Soludo he is a politician and a former CBN governor he knows what most of us don't know. Most of you condemning him are doing so because of his actions against your candidate (OBI).assuming he praised Obi and ask people to support him, you will rain praises on him.
Obi betrayed APGA, Obi did the same thing his supporters are accusing others of doing APGA is majorly an IGBO party why did he leave the party? Why can't he support his own?
The problem with the IGBOS is IBO
I=I
B=before
O=others.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soludo - I Have Given Up On Igbos Matter by TimFisher2: 7:00am On Nov 15, 2022
undecided

My brother don't give up yet.

Right from time immemorial, we were caused with bad leaders

Igbos are hardworking, have the zeal for entrepreneurship, goal-getter and the zeal for excellence but one thing was lacking. The devil caused us with bad leaders, who are myopic selfish and wicked.

Bad leaders who are self-centred, when they cry about marginalisation, it is for their selfish interest.

Just look at our so-called leaders, Ekweremmadu, Rochas, Umahi, Uzodinnma, Ogbonnaya and others. On the day of the primaries, they were shouting one thing in front of Buhari..that it is the turn of the Igbos for equity's sake.

They lost the primaries and all of them went mute. Have you seen any of them champion the very cause they were propagating?

The only credible Igbo person that manages to survive this struggle just like sperm is what they want to pull down by all means. Example the infamous Umahi statement.

I saw one of my father's old newspapers 2002 newspaper (21yrs) ago. Igbo leaders were shouting about Marginalisation that it is the turn to vie for Presidency. Since then no Igbo leader has ever won

So what wrong did Obi commit that warranted Soludo to condemn all the whole Igbo and their aspiration to become president as if this cause was a new thing?

Why didn't he attack Obi personally and leave Igbos out of this.

Soludo mentioned APGA... APGA Nigerians are seeing as a regional party because it was founded by Ojukwu. Well we are going to see how many votes APGA will get. If APGA win one ward in Nigeria...call me Bastard. He want Obi to experiment his popularity on APGA so that him too can come out next to vie..Are you seeing foolishness. Do we need experiment at this critical time? Can a Northerner vote for APGA not to talk of a South Westerner.

Well if Obi that is widely acceptable lose this election because of our kinsmen's ingenuity and wickedness, No Igbo man will rule this country for the Next 50 yrs. Go and mark it. It is not a joke

And no commoner will ever rule again because Atiku's son, Buhari's son, Tinubu's son, Shettima's son, Bagudu son will continue to rule us. They will strategically put them through. Which one of us here has 100 million to purchase just form. By then they will raise the bar just to alienate us.

The establishment Obi is trying to break is what my Kinsmen are busy pulling down...that's why I don't pity them.

Very very bad for us!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soludo - I Have Given Up On Igbos Matter by Nobody: 7:02am On Nov 15, 2022
NigeriaIsGreat:
I am not igbo either but my sister married an igbo man and my close circle are igbos

These set of people aren't even gonna vote because they know presently an igbo man cannot be Nigeria president

If igbo will ever produce president in Nigeria then it would be someone else but not in the next 10-20 years.

I only know that once they noticed or believe their own person cannot have what they want, they'd go out of their way to crucify the likely candidate to have it. Though they always lose out of everything at the end

They did it to Buhari you say? Then Buhari won the elections. Since Buhari took over power what exactly has happened to the Igbos as a result of their choice? Nothing
The errors of Buhari’s leadership affects everybody: bandits, Fulani terrorists, Igbos and kidnapping.
If Tinubu wins the only people that will enjoy are his cronies and friends not you or me oga. Igbos as a tribe won’t suffer. He may only be partial in his appointments but that, actually, doesn’t affect a random Igbo kid on the street

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soludo - I Have Given Up On Igbos Matter by Naajjii: 7:08am On Nov 15, 2022
OVB123:
If that is the case then Igbo can not rule Nigeria. Most cultures in Nigeria are not like what you just described.

2 Likes

Re: Soludo - I Have Given Up On Igbos Matter by NigeriaIsGreat: 7:11am On Nov 15, 2022
MyFlair:

They did it to Buhari you say? Then Buhari won the elections. Since Buhari took over power what exactly has happened to the Igbos as a result of their choice? Nothing
The errors of Buhari’s leadership affects everybody: bandits, Fulani terrorists, Igbos and kidnapping.
If Tinubu wins the only people that will enjoy are his cronies and friends not you or me oga. Igbos as a tribe won’t suffer. He may only be partial in his appointments but that, actually, doesn’t affect a random Igbo kid on the street
LOl

When you know igbo kids won't suffer why are you guys then building a castle on the air?

Why are you guys dreaming of what it's impossible even in the next world?

3 Likes

Re: Soludo - I Have Given Up On Igbos Matter by Komu1048(m): 7:14am On Nov 15, 2022
MyFlair:

Soon, u will know. Today SE is the most erosion ravaged area in Nigeria, infrastructure is low there. Nobody is talking about food here, ofcus that will reach everybody but how about federal presence

4 Likes

Re: Soludo - I Have Given Up On Igbos Matter by Kingspin(m): 7:18am On Nov 15, 2022
NigeriaIsGreat:

We wait when all the 36 state govs, Atiku, Tinubu all of them support before the lgbo President can win.
Yeye Nigerian politics
Re: Soludo - I Have Given Up On Igbos Matter by maestroferddi: 7:32am On Nov 15, 2022
NigeriaIsGreat:

You are entitled to your senseless opinion...

Tinubu will not be president...get that drummed into your head.

There are over 50 million Igbos with at least 75% of that number supporting Peter Obi...

Why would Soludo's intemperate disposition mean disapproval of Peter Obi?

The last time I checked, Soludo has only one vote.

The Pan Yoruba socio-cultural organization Afenifere endorsed Peter Obi and rejected Tinubu...

Nobody saw any big deal in it...Why are you losers blowing this matter out of proportion?

Will it make Tinubu's narcotics saga go away?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soludo - I Have Given Up On Igbos Matter by NigeriaIsGreat: 7:36am On Nov 15, 2022
maestroferddi:
You are entitled to your senseless opinion...

Tinubu will not be president...get that drummed into your head.

There are over 50 million Igbos with at least 75% of that number supporting Peter Obi...

Why would Soludo's intemperate disposition mean disapproval of Peter Obi?

The last time I checked, Soludo has only one vote.

The Pan Yoruba socio-cultural organization Afenifere endorsed Peter Obi and rejected Tinubu...

Nobody saw any big deal in it...Why are you losers blowing this matter out of proportion?

Will it make Tinubu's narcotics saga go away?
LOl

Social mobs has no head nor sense for reasoning

Prof Chukwuma Soludo

2 Likes

Re: Soludo - I Have Given Up On Igbos Matter by NOETHNICITY(m): 7:39am On Nov 15, 2022
MyFlair:

Come to Lagos, I’m not a Yoruba neither am i Tinubu cronies, but we are all enjoying his legacies in Lagos. So stop typing rubbish. People who don’t know Tinubu are also making it big time in lagos

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soludo - I Have Given Up On Igbos Matter by maestroferddi: 7:44am On Nov 15, 2022
NigeriaIsGreat:
LOl

Social mobs has no head nor sense for reasoning

Prof Chukwuma Soludo
Is that so?

But really, agberos should stay within motor parks...

They should have no place in civil and intellectual deliberations...
Re: Soludo - I Have Given Up On Igbos Matter by NigeriaIsGreat: 7:46am On Nov 15, 2022
maestroferddi:
Is that so?

But really, agberos should stay within motor parks...

They should have no place in civil and intellectual deliberations...
Obi is worth next to nothing

Prof Chukwuma Soludo
Re: Soludo - I Have Given Up On Igbos Matter by maestroferddi: 7:46am On Nov 15, 2022
NOETHNICITY:
Come to Lagos, I’m not a Yoruba neither am i Tinubu cronies, but we are all enjoying his legacies in Lagos. So stop typing rubbish. People who don’t know Tinubu are also making it big time in lagos
Lagos has been Nigeria's commercial capital before Tinubu was born...

You guys should use your heads for once na...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soludo - I Have Given Up On Igbos Matter by maestroferddi: 7:47am On Nov 15, 2022
NigeriaIsGreat:
Obi is worth next to nothing

Prof Chukwuma Soludo
Okay

But Obi is priming up to be your nemesis...

We know wetin dey...
Re: Soludo - I Have Given Up On Igbos Matter by BATified2023: 7:48am On Nov 15, 2022
LordLugard1:

so u expect soludo to cover for his brother that failed woefully

This is y Nigeria isn’t better,Peter obi failed as governor n soludo made it clear

The same thing we all have been saying is what soludo just said to the world,if u call me an afonja for saying the truth or u call me an aboki

What will u call soludo for saying the truth?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soludo - I Have Given Up On Igbos Matter by BATified2023: 7:50am On Nov 15, 2022
Dreal1247:
Know this and have your peace. It is obvious that Soludo is envious of the popularity of Obi. The popular platform workshop where Mr Peter Obi performed excellently well, Soludo was actually the key speaker. After his wonderful address which he read out for the young listeners, Mr Peter outperformed Mr professor. I believe that the bitterness started from there. But the Nigerian youths have decided that Mr Peter Obi is the answer. I pity Mr professor. He should just forget about a second term. The attacks on Mr Peter Obi has made it clear that he is a bad egg.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soludo - I Have Given Up On Igbos Matter by NigeriaIsGreat: 7:51am On Nov 15, 2022
maestroferddi:
Okay

But Obi is priming up to be your nemesis...

We know wetin dey...
Obi is the best repackaged fraud and monumental failure

Prof Chukwuma Soludo
Re: Soludo - I Have Given Up On Igbos Matter by Maynman: 7:55am On Nov 15, 2022
LordLugard1:

Source?
Re: Soludo - I Have Given Up On Igbos Matter by NOETHNICITY(m): 7:57am On Nov 15, 2022
maestroferddi:
Lagos has been Nigeria's commercial capital before Tinubu was born...

You guys should use your heads for once na...
Go check your records well, Lagos is the first federal capital of Nigeria.
Give a Tinubu an Anambra to govern and he will turn Anambra to a Lagos.
It’s on record that Peter Obi administration as governor increased the level of poverty in Anambra

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soludo - I Have Given Up On Igbos Matter by HilcomTech(m): 7:59am On Nov 15, 2022
NigeriaIsGreat:

The bolded is very true about IIGBOS.

Also, your statement that IIGBOS are not hostile is not true. I am a Northerner and a Muslim and I have seen how IIGBOSS can hate and persecute you just because you are not one of them. IIGBOSS are mean, wicked and unforgiving
Re: Soludo - I Have Given Up On Igbos Matter by maestroferddi: 8:06am On Nov 15, 2022
NOETHNICITY:
Go check your records well, Lagos is the first federal capital of Nigeria.
Give a Tinubu an Anambra to govern and he will turn Anambra to a Lagos.
It’s on record that Peter Obi administration as governor increased the level of poverty in Anambra
if you think I would waste my time and energy dwelling on the load of crap you asserted up there, then you are to be pitied...

What was the IGR of Lagos and what was that of Anambra?

Even a donkey will excel if asked to superintend over the humongous wealth of Lagos...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG Increases Custom Rates For Clearing Agents / The Person Who Has Worked The Hardest To Deal With Tinubu Is A Yoruba / EXPOSED: Supreme Court Set To Disqualify Tinubu Over This Single Reason!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.