Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,561 members, 7,820,028 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:38 AM

2023: Buhari To Meet Governors, NASS Caucus, Zero In On Consensus - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Buhari To Meet Governors, NASS Caucus, Zero In On Consensus (19397 Views)

Presidential Screening: APC Questioned Aspirants On Consensus Candidate / PDP National Convention To Hold In PH As Govs Disagrees On Consensus Candidate / One PDP Governor; 2 Former PDP Governors; NASS Members Ready To Join APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: Buhari To Meet Governors, NASS Caucus, Zero In On Consensus by Corporate2020: 8:47am On May 23, 2022
We will pull the rug under Buhari and APC's feet if Buhari brings out any undemocratic principle. We have Plan-B, and Plan-C, and we have not made this a secret. We are not afraid to face any baga from any hole or desert.. We will teach the dullard POL 901: Advanced Politics in Contemporary Society.

However, if Buhari and his useless gang put forward an Igbo candidate, then I personally will support such a candidate. Presidency must come to the South, be it Ijaw, Yoruba, Igbo, Ikwerre, Kalabari, e.t.c. It must just come to the South.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Buhari To Meet Governors, NASS Caucus, Zero In On Consensus by Nobody: 9:03am On May 23, 2022
Whynotthetruth:

I would have supported your post if you wrote southeast... if it isn't southeast, let anybody have it...there are no half measures in equity and justice...

When it Came to the North 2015, did u here anyone saying it must be the NW,NE or NC...
They all played the game and the best dribbler emerged .
Fair Enough the West have Once played their part, the South South haven’t finished their 8yrs and it will be fair enough to get Candidates from the SS OR SE to contest for the position.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Buhari To Meet Governors, NASS Caucus, Zero In On Consensus by Omon605(m): 9:15am On May 23, 2022
Whynotthetruth:

I would have supported your post if you wrote southeast... if it isn't southeast, let anybody have it...there are no half measures in equity and justice...

Southeast deserves it more than any other zone in the south, because south south and southwest has produce president respectively but quite unfortunate APC as a party have no structure in Southeast and the southeast refuse to play politics and decided to hurt themselves politically.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Buhari To Meet Governors, NASS Caucus, Zero In On Consensus by Wande22(m): 9:16am On May 23, 2022
Penguin2:
Nwajiuba

Onu

Amaechi

Osinbajo

One of these four men is Buhari’s joker.

I don’t know who it will be but I do know it’s NEVER going to be Tinubu.

Tinubu and his urchins should be packing their things to SDP.

SDP hierarchy is about to get their own share of the largesse from Lagos funds.

Meanwhile, 2023 is promising to be a tough election…

Atiku as PDP candidate

Amaechi/Onu/Osinbajo/Nwajiuba as APC candidate

Kwankwaso as NNPP candidate and

Tinubu as SDP candidate

Who go win?

And hey, one last thing, keep an on Sen. Ken Nnamani. Buhari likes old people cool
My own beer palor analysis is between Star Boy and China Man (not Obi China) and brother Jagaban will fall behind Star Boy
Re: 2023: Buhari To Meet Governors, NASS Caucus, Zero In On Consensus by livinbygrace: 9:17am On May 23, 2022
dmostcheerful:

You and your kuli kuli brain...
The west won't let the child live too?
Between the West and East who need Nigeria more? If you cherish Nigeria as you always claim let the child live else we scatter it.
Your brain dey pain you.
If Nigeria divide today at least the north can go back to Agriculture, the south south can take there crude oil, the east can go back to commerce and there natural gas, hunger will kill the west.
The biggest parasite and unity begger in Nigeria is the waste, that is why they can betray any Southern region so as to steal power, they did it to Jonathan (south southerner), they still want to do it to the east, but we wise pass unah.
Common gettat abeg.
Power to the north until west get sense.

Keep quiet ,you know nothing about politics,stop typing nonsense..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Buhari To Meet Governors, NASS Caucus, Zero In On Consensus by Ijoh(m): 9:21am On May 23, 2022
Corporate2020:
We will pull the rug under Buhari and APC's feet if Buhari brings out any undemocratic principle. We have Plan-B, and Plan-C, and we have not made this a secret. We are not afraid to face any baga from any hole or desert.. We will teach the dullard POL 901: Advanced Politics in Contemporary Society.

However, if Buhari and his useless gang put forward an Igbo candidate, then I personally will support such a candidate. Presidency must come to the South, be it Ijaw, Yoruba, Igbo, Ikwerre, Kalabari, e.t.c. It must just come to the South.

Kalabari are Ijaws you guys should stop this nonesense.

I'm from Buguma Kalabari.
We are 1000 percent Ijaw.
Re: 2023: Buhari To Meet Governors, NASS Caucus, Zero In On Consensus by livinbygrace: 9:22am On May 23, 2022
Validated:

Who is this dimwit? So, you have become god of elections abi.

He saying the truth .As far as Nigerian politics is concerned a candidate from your region remain inconsequential.Deal with it!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Buhari To Meet Governors, NASS Caucus, Zero In On Consensus by livinbygrace: 9:24am On May 23, 2022
Omon605:

Southeast deserves it more than any other zone in the south, because south south and southwest has produce president respectively but quite unfortunate APC as a party have no structure in Southeast and the southeast refuse to play politics and decided to hurt themselves politically.

Truth ,let them get it from PDP and not the acclaimed Islamic/Boko Haram party.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Buhari To Meet Governors, NASS Caucus, Zero In On Consensus by Bimpe29: 9:28am On May 23, 2022
That is human being for you.
Parachoko:
People from the South East are just so funny

People who called APC an Islamic party, they now want the Islamic party to microzone to the South East, while men like Tinubu who have been working for the greatness of the party since 2013 should just step down for them.

Consensus can't work.

I know they will all meet at the party primary.
Re: 2023: Buhari To Meet Governors, NASS Caucus, Zero In On Consensus by bryning899: 9:47am On May 23, 2022
stinflame:

When it Came to the North 2015, did u here anyone saying it must be the NW,NE or NC...
They all played the game and the best dribbler emerged .
Fair Enough the West have Once played their part, the South South haven’t finished their 8yrs and it will be fair enough to get Candidates from the SS OR SE to contest for the position.
So SS will use 14yrs abi when SE hasn't used any, it can only fair for SE to get it but they failed to support APC in both 2015 and 2019 and SE can't expect to reap where they didn't sow..... SW should get because they support APC, it'll be greatest injustice if PDP didn't give it to SE
Re: 2023: Buhari To Meet Governors, NASS Caucus, Zero In On Consensus by Niwdog(m): 9:55am On May 23, 2022
Buckeyemedia1:
You proudly voted against APC in 2015 & 2019, but in 2023, you want to be handed the presidential ticket on a platter, who do you think you are?

You want to rip where you did not sow? Go to pdp your beloved party & narrate the nonsense of dashing the south east the President of The Republic.
how do you guys reason?
Did you vote for PDP in 1999
Why was the ticket still handed to you in 2003
Name those that contested against buhari during the 2014 APC primary that is still in the party
Only Okorocha I guess
That's loyalty to the party.
You don't just give party ticket to those willing to scatter the party if there demand is not met
APC Southeast politicians is what you term full loyalist cause with the insults from most of their people back home they still believe in the party
One of the things I love about being Igbo is that we don't buy into new Ideas so easily but if we eventually key into it we do it whole heartedly that's why it seem majority of Igbos thinks the same
Re: 2023: Buhari To Meet Governors, NASS Caucus, Zero In On Consensus by sogodihno: 10:15am On May 23, 2022
dmostcheerful:

[s][/s]Oga show me where you got your statistics from, Bush Ogun have the highest industry in Nigeria.
Why am I even engaging you self.
Oga Lagos is first(which you know why) after that Nnewi in Anambra state, don't quote me with your nonsense news paper propaganda.
Aside federal allocation what are your internally generated revenue irrespective of your population, let me not ingage you oga I don't have time.
By the way what led to all this jargon is Nigerian presidency, this time around the west can't smell even presidency or vise.
Quote me here later, heart break go kill all of unah and your poopoo aspirant.
Oga, let me tell you again.
If the type of marginalization we easterns get everyday give you people 20% the whole west would have been beggars, an Igbo man don't need certificate to be something if them no pay salary for any western state hunger go kill all of unah because 80% are civil servants.
Just go and sleep, let hatred not kill you.
East for presidency or the north can have it more 8yrs we don't care[s][/s]

It is time wasting quoting someone like you.

Check this out and see how how are embarrassing your parents.

https://www.legit.ng/1133061-top-10-industrialized-states-nigeria.html#:~:text=1.,and%20has%20hundreds%20of%20industries.

Southwest is the only region that generate more revenue than allocation received, south east is the worst.

And concerning presidency, I like the fact that you have make peace with the fact that you are not nearing presidency in 30 years time, Yoruba and Fulani shall rule your father and your children children.
Re: 2023: Buhari To Meet Governors, NASS Caucus, Zero In On Consensus by bjdon: 10:30am On May 23, 2022
Penguin2:

FACT!

A magician pulls out a bird from his mouth on stage, and you say “Yes! He pulled the bird from his mouth; that’s a FACT”.

People with brains always questions the trick behind the magicians display.

Only fools and numbskulls swallow facts without questioning what is behind the facts.

Ekwueme lost to Obasanjo in Jos, that’s a fact.

But what happened before the Jos convention? That’s another fact behind the fact you hold so dearly but you don’t want to face that fact.

Continue to lie to yourself. You people have been doing that since the first coup, and look where its got you!
Re: 2023: Buhari To Meet Governors, NASS Caucus, Zero In On Consensus by Nobody: 10:33am On May 23, 2022
bryning899:

So SS will use 14yrs abi when SE hasn't used any, it can only fair for SE to get it but they failed to support APC in both 2015 and 2019 and SE can't expect to reap where they didn't sow..... SW should get because they support APC, it'll be greatest injustice if PDP didn't give it to SE

SS won't be using any 14yrs, the status quo will be reset to default and they must spend their 8yrs... Just exactly what happen when Musa Yar Adua died, and their was Goodluck break, it was assumed the North is still been owed 8yrs...
So as it stands now 8yrs for both region is what Is at stake.
PDP is all about retrieving back tye power and the Zone that gets it won't be an issue..Get the power first, but as it is not single Zone can produce the presidency ,all Zones in the party will need to work for it. Atiku keep bragging of 11 million useless vote...
Re: 2023: Buhari To Meet Governors, NASS Caucus, Zero In On Consensus by WhizdomXX(m): 10:40am On May 23, 2022
SensualMan:
The Consensus has been sealed by Buhari/Adamu. Its just the presentation that matters.
Inside sources says Buhari is not comfortable handing over to a yoruba man because of their bad antecedents of bad blood and betrayal. The source went further to highlight how Buhari is so relaxed and comfortable with chibuike Amaechi. In fact sources say Buhari never eats nor sleeps without seeing Chibuike Amaechi.
The frog of Niger Delta.
Re: 2023: Buhari To Meet Governors, NASS Caucus, Zero In On Consensus by Whynotthetruth(m): 10:41am On May 23, 2022
Omon605:

What do you mean by structure Sir? Which of them is lacking in southeast Sir? Also, kindly explain the structure used by SW in 1999 to elect OBJ as president?
Re: 2023: Buhari To Meet Governors, NASS Caucus, Zero In On Consensus by OGHENAOGIE(m): 11:09am On May 23, 2022
BeardGangJnr1:
Biggest mistake APC will b making...which is good for us....cus that will mean they'll loose the election...many members will b aggrieved
an osinbajo would beat Atiku silly so forget your social media tirades...
Re: 2023: Buhari To Meet Governors, NASS Caucus, Zero In On Consensus by OGHENAOGIE(m): 11:11am On May 23, 2022
Parachoko:
Tinubu can't port to the SDP, he will be getting the ticket in the APC. If the other contestants do not agree to step down for the Jargaban, then they will all have to go and fight it out at the primaries.
once the president put forward a preferred candidate tinubu ll have to respect that after all Party is supreme and PMB is Party leader....
Re: 2023: Buhari To Meet Governors, NASS Caucus, Zero In On Consensus by Parachoko: 11:15am On May 23, 2022
OGHENAOGIE:
once the president put forward a preferred candidate tinubu ll have to respect that after all Party is supreme and PMB is Party leader....
Buhari didn't create APC

APC is a conglomerate of different political parties, he has been giving enough regard as the President and was giving the chance of producing the party chairman, if he tries to force a presidential candidate in the APC, it will lead to the collapse of the party and might even lead to the Zamfara scenerio.

On Bola Ahmed Tinubu Mandate I Stand Gidigba

1 Like

Re: 2023: Buhari To Meet Governors, NASS Caucus, Zero In On Consensus by OGHENAOGIE(m): 11:19am On May 23, 2022
tinsel:

I was in Jos working for Ekwueme. It was a transparent primary and that was why PDP did not explode. Let Buhari allow for a transparent primary otherwise, APC will explode and scatter which will also work for PDP.
when consensus produced addulahi as APC party chairman did APC imploded... buhari ll pick a candidate and nothing u go do aside ranting
Re: 2023: Buhari To Meet Governors, NASS Caucus, Zero In On Consensus by OGHENAOGIE(m): 11:22am On May 23, 2022
Parachoko:
Buhari didn't create APC

APC is a conglomerate of different political parties, he has been giving enough regard as the President and was giving the chance of producing the party chairman, if he tries to force a presidential candidate in the APC, it will lead to the collapse of the party and might even lead to the Zamfara scenerio.

On Bola Ahmed Tinubu Mandate I Stand Gidigba
na online ranting Ina Sabi once d Party elites decide u ll just rant besides whatever happens tinubu ll still be relevant...
Re: 2023: Buhari To Meet Governors, NASS Caucus, Zero In On Consensus by Parachoko: 11:28am On May 23, 2022
OGHENAOGIE:
na online ranting Ina Sabi once d Party elites decide u ll just rant besides whatever happens tinubu ll still be relevant...
Make we no talk too much

May 29 no far again.
Re: 2023: Buhari To Meet Governors, NASS Caucus, Zero In On Consensus by Ayed44: 11:36am On May 23, 2022
Parachoko:
Why do you think Tinubu will be persuaded to step down from his ambition? If you are in Tinubu's shoe, will you step down when you know you can get it and you are capable to lead?
If the president says he wants consensus arrangement, Tinubu must step down for whoever Buhari chooses. He cannot do anything, he can only grumble quitely like a pig. If he refuses to step down voluntarily, then he will be forced to step down. The president had enormous power at his disposal to do that.

The fact is that Buhari has a preferred candidate and nobody within APC can defeat the candidate of the president.

In Nigeria's democracy, nobody can defeat a president in his own power. You can defeat him from another party but definitely not within his party. In other words, Buhari is bigger than everyone else in APC and whatever he wants he must get, by hook or by crook.
Re: 2023: Buhari To Meet Governors, NASS Caucus, Zero In On Consensus by marod(m): 11:37am On May 23, 2022
Upworkwriter007:

Tinubu should join Kwankwaso in NNPP.

If things doesn't go well in APC for Tinubu, I foresee a merger of Tinubu's ACN, NNPP and SDP, with Tinubu, Kwankwaso on the presidential ticket and vice respectively.
Re: 2023: Buhari To Meet Governors, NASS Caucus, Zero In On Consensus by Parachoko: 11:39am On May 23, 2022
Ayed44:
If the president says he wants consensus arrangement, Tinubu must step down for whoever Buhari chooses. He cannot do anything, he can only grumble quitely like an pig. .
After reading all this, I had to agree you know nothing about Nigerian Politics and is going to be a waste of time having a discussion with you.
Re: 2023: Buhari To Meet Governors, NASS Caucus, Zero In On Consensus by Yankee101: 11:41am On May 23, 2022
It has started
Sorry Tinubu
Re: 2023: Buhari To Meet Governors, NASS Caucus, Zero In On Consensus by Nobody: 11:47am On May 23, 2022
Penguin2:
Nwajiuba

Onu

Amaechi

Osinbajo

One of these four men is Buhari’s joker.

I don’t know who it will be but I do know it’s NEVER going to be Tinubu.

Tinubu and his urchins should be packing their things to SDP.

SDP hierarchy is about to get their own share of the largesse from Lagos funds.

Meanwhile, 2023 is promising to be a tough election…

Atiku as PDP candidate

Amaechi/Onu/Osinbajo/Nwajiuba as APC candidate

Kwankwaso as NNPP candidate and

Tinubu as SDP candidate

Who go win?

And hey, one last thing, keep an on Sen. Ken Nnamani. Buhari likes old people cool

You guys are just ridiculously 'dense'. Nothing else to add.
Re: 2023: Buhari To Meet Governors, NASS Caucus, Zero In On Consensus by Nobody: 11:49am On May 23, 2022
Parachoko:
After reading all this, I had to agree you know nothing about Nigerian Politics and is going to be a waste of time having a discussion with you.

Precisely. Sometimes one just has to ignore them in the end because it is a monumental waste of time trying to educate those who are 'dense' and ignorant beyond redemption.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Buhari To Meet Governors, NASS Caucus, Zero In On Consensus by Omon605(m): 11:56am On May 23, 2022
Whynotthetruth:

What do you mean by structure Sir? Which of them is lacking in southeast Sir? Also, kindly explain the structure used by SW in 1999 to elect OBJ as president?

Let's not shy away from the truth. If Presidential election is conducted today will APC as a party get 15% of the total vote cast in the southeast? What's was the outcome of APC results in the last election? You make reference to 1999 and you believe the 1999 will be able to repeat itself with this present era? And you believe if the Yoruba were abusing the hausa, ibo and every other tribe that doesn't supported their ideology the event of 1999 will work? Nigeria is more divided now compared to 1999. When we trooped out to voted for MKO Abiola, nobody ask the question whether is a Muslim - Muslim ticket, we seem ourselves then as one Nigeria but today those senerio have gone.
Re: 2023: Buhari To Meet Governors, NASS Caucus, Zero In On Consensus by bryning899: 12:07pm On May 23, 2022
Niwdog:
how do you guys reason?
Did you vote for PDP in 1999
Why was the ticket still handed to you in 2003
Name those that contested against buhari during the 2014 APC primary that is still in the party
Only Okorocha I guess
That's loyalty to the party.
You don't just give party ticket to those willing to scatter the party if there demand is not met
APC Southeast politicians is what you term full loyalist cause with the insults from most of their people back home they still believe in the party
One of the things I love about being Igbo is that we don't buy into new Ideas so easily but if we eventually key into it we do it whole heartedly that's why it seem majority of Igbos thinks the same
In 1999 it's battle of of 2 SW candidates and they decided to choose one ahead of other but in 2003 they all supported it, had it been SE supported APC in 2019 now, it would have been easier to give to them....
Re: 2023: Buhari To Meet Governors, NASS Caucus, Zero In On Consensus by Nobody: 12:08pm On May 23, 2022
Omon605:

Let's not shy away from the truth. If Presidential election is conducted today will APC as a party get 15% of the total vote cast in the southeast? What's was the outcome of APC results in the last election? You make reference to 1999 and you believe the 1999 will be able to repeat itself with this present era? And you believe if the Yoruba were abusing the hausa, ibo and every other tribe that doesn't supported their ideology the event of 1999 will work? Nigeria is more divided now compared to 1999. When we trooped out to voted for MKO Abiola, nobody ask the question whether is a Muslim - Muslim ticket, we seem ourselves then as one Nigeria but today those senerio have gone.

Precisely but pointless trying to show that to an Igbo man who will always be emotional and sentimental. The outcome he wants is the outcome he will claim is the only one likely to happen.

He is not concerned about reality on the ground or the impracticality/impossibility of his desired outcome.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Peter Obi Holds Strategic Meeting With Ijaw National Congress Members In Bayelsa / PDP Takes Early Lead In Taraba / It Is Only Buhari That Can Tell Nigerians What He's Suffering From - Adesina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.