Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,671 members, 7,820,356 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:32 PM

Help My 2004 Toyota Camry Is Acting Funny - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help My 2004 Toyota Camry Is Acting Funny (742 Views)

Toyota Camry Is Showing ABS And BRAKE On The Dashboard At The Same Time / What Kind Of Camry Is This? / My Car Is Acting Funny. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help My 2004 Toyota Camry Is Acting Funny by SLOVFO(m): 9:16am On May 23, 2022
Please good people I need help with my Toyota Camry 2004 edition (Big for nothing). The car is acting funny. It started after I did some maintenance work on it. I changed the engine seating, the Cold start sensor and the fuel pump. Now the car/engine just revs up (goes high) on it own while driving. My mechanic has changed and calibrated the gas pedal sensor yet the problem has persisted. Please anyone that has an experience with this should share with me.
Re: Help My 2004 Toyota Camry Is Acting Funny by Control7: 10:41am On May 23, 2022
Take the car for a scan and post codes here.

Stop doing guess work

3 Likes

Re: Help My 2004 Toyota Camry Is Acting Funny by SLOVFO(m): 11:23am On May 23, 2022
Control7:
Take the car for a scan and post codes here.

Stop doing guess work
Ok. I will try that. I never thought scanning could detect faults like that in an old car like that
Re: Help My 2004 Toyota Camry Is Acting Funny by homeboy205: 12:17pm On May 23, 2022
Remove battery head for some mins and let the car reset
Re: Help My 2004 Toyota Camry Is Acting Funny by SLOVFO(m): 1:29pm On May 23, 2022
homeboy205:
Remove battery head for some mins and let the car reset

Ok. Thanks for the suggestion.
Re: Help My 2004 Toyota Camry Is Acting Funny by ciggy000(m): 6:15pm On May 24, 2022
SLOVFO:
Please good people I need help with my Toyota Camry 2004 edition (Big for nothing). The car is acting funny. It started after I did some maintenance work on it. I changed the engine seating, the Cold start sensor and the fuel pump. Now the car/engine just revs up (goes high) on it own while driving. My mechanic has changed and calibrated the gas pedal sensor yet the problem has persisted. Please anyone that has an experience with this should share with me.
Look for any highway where the road is very free kick down the vehicle to about 160kph for some minutes then come to a stop. You would see how the vehicle comes back to normal
Re: Help My 2004 Toyota Camry Is Acting Funny by SLOVFO(m): 8:29pm On May 24, 2022
ciggy000:

Look for any highway where the road is very free kick down the vehicle to about 160kph for some minutes then come to a stop. You would see how the vehicle comes back to normal
Really. That's interesting.

(1) (Reply)

I Love This Bmw / People Use Jazz To Sell Cars Ke! / How Not To Experience Car Theft

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.