Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,069 members, 7,814,691 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:29 PM

What Is Said On The Streets About Senator John Udoedehe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is Said On The Streets About Senator John Udoedehe (385 Views)

John Udoedehe: Buhari Is In Control Of Security In Nigeria / Meet Debby Nnamdi-Victor Who Prophesied About Senator Elisha Abbo In 2016 / Akpabio Visits Udoedehe And Obong Nsima Ekere (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is Said On The Streets About Senator John Udoedehe by IniAkpanMorgan(m): 11:36am On May 23, 2022
Francis Otoide had this to say when he commented on my article "The Dynamics Of The Power Play In Akwa Ibom State APC"

"I hope you guys resolve, because we really want the PDP out of the Hilltop Mansion...

What I find funny is when you anchor victory around Senator John Akpanudoedehe alone, the truth in the streets is that Senator John Akpanudoedehe is a hard-sell today...

I don't have anyone I am rooting for, but let's look elsewhere. Anyone who is fighting for Senator John Akpanudoedehe is on his payroll, period!. ..

The opinions in the streets do not favour him, even if he wants to aspire, the party should go through a proper nomination process, and not this one that you guys are "Forcing" him on people...

The truth will be open to you when you do a street survey, because it is the people on the streets that will vote...

My sincere response:

My friend Francis Otoide, thank you for finding time to spend on the sincere expression of the truth I am a part of. Let me start by honestly letting you know that Senator John James Akpanudoedehe has no payroll, except for his domestic staff (cooks, gatemen and drivers). None of his supporters is paid. This is the truth you need to know.

And for others who may think like you think, about Senator Akpanudoedehe paying for the support he enjoys, I am a testament against such notion.

Mike Akwa is a Chieftain of the ADF, he is my kinsman, and with whom I compare political notes. He can vouch for me, and many who are in the PDP like you, who are from Nsit Atai, can vouch for my decency in politics. I am not in for what I can take but for what I can give.

I volunteered to support Senator Akapnudoedehe because the Almighty God (who would judge me for bringing him into this, for your sake) showed me to him after retiring from following the PDP of Udom Emmanuel and the APC of Nsima Ekere.

I was a starter in politics then, and it was when I joined with Senator Akpanudoedehe that I found space for my political self-expression, because the other 2 teams before his excluded me from space because of the monetary advantages they enjoyed.

I am just about 4 years with Senator Akpanudoedehe, and I can count my gains with him, not in terms of the wealth I have made, but in terms of the opportunities and contacts he has opened up to, and for me.

My brother Mike Akwa bears witness to when I was following Nsima Ekere with him. He knew when I got tired and he continued with him to the end. Mike Akwa is my example of the street opinions about Senator Akapnudoedehe.

Mike Akwa has never met my Principal, but he would always tell me "Ini, that your man ehn, does he think he can win the governorship the way he is going?" How is he going that others before him have not gone? Has he killed anybody before, like others have?

Mike Akwa is hereon, he is also reading this: pls mount my commemt box and ask him how many times I have invited him to meet Senator Akpanudoedehe, and I am sure too, how many times I have asked Senator Akpanudoedehe to accept to meet Mike, and to permit him to lead our team in Nsit Atai.

Mike Akwa did not take the chance to meet Senator Akpanudoedehe, but he holds an awful opinion about him. What can I do about his opinion-holding about Senator Akpanudoedehe when I have done my best to get him to know my Principal personally?

What is the difference between Mike Akwa, I, and the opinions we hold about Senator Akpanudoedehe?

When I retired from my previous attempt to join the politics of Akwa Ibom State during the 2017 LGA elections, and I told my uncle, Engr Akpan Ukpe about joining Senator Akpanudoedehe, he discouraged me with passion. According to him, Ibobio elders cannot lie about him: they say he leads young men to their deaths.

Today, both Mike Akwa and Akpan Ukpe know that I am in change of every APC members living and working outside Nigeria.

This is because I did not only accept to listen to those who attempted to discourage me from joining in with Senator Akpanudoedehe, I sought to meet with Senator Akpanudoedehe personally, and when I did, I offered him my talents. He saw them, met me and applied me.

Throughout my 4 years with Senator Akpanudoedehe, I have not received upto N200,000 from him personally, but he has opened up life-giving chances for me to count some few millions of Naira. He refused to give me dish, he showed me to a river to fish.

Senator Akapnudoedehe is not a money-throwing personality, he is an opoortunity-creator for those who have what it takes to multiply the opportunities he creates.

I joined Senator Akpanudoedehe listening to many of his supporters tell me they have been with him for 10 to 14 years, yet they are not near where I am today, as a beneficiary of Senator Akpanudoedehe's magnanimity. However, it is in human nature that some may not be happy with him because of me.

Nevertheless, I am not enjoying my privileges with the Senator idling around him, I have shown excellence working for him, a situation for which he feels indebted to me. He is a very open-minded man, he has never been bossy. He can be approached by anybody, and he tells me what qualifies me for my favours before people who care to listen.

So it is not about who, on the street, talks about Senator Akpanudoedehe, it is who knows him who should talk about him.

So I invite you, Francis itoide, a PDP man to go to the "Villa Chapel", Afaha Offot, Uyo residence of Senator Akpanudoedehe, and ask to see him. Tell anyone that I, Ini Morgan, sent you to meet him. You would be ushered in.

It is indecent to bear tales about a man you do not know. If I had believed my friend and my uncle, I would also join the street talks about the Senator. What I wrote in the article you commented on is the very truth I know, and I am persuaded about.

I disagree with you that those who talk about Senator Akpanudoedehe on the street would determine who becomes the Governor of Akwa Ibom. That decision, first, lies with the Almighty God, and with those who a politically exposed in our State

Most of those who talk about people they do not know, also tell of how it is useless to go out and vote because their votes won't count. I am too politically experienced to rely on the streets to permutate on election results.

Thank you for your intervention, Francis Otoide. Pls find time and meet Senator Akpanudoedehe. He is reading this also and I know he would look forward to meeting you.

In the same manner I invite those who wish to meet with the Distinguished Senator, who are reading this, both men, women, youths, students, elders and leaders alike. Meet Senator Akapnudoedehe as I have directed, and know him in person. That way you won't promote what the streets tells of him, you will promote who you know he is.

God bless you sir.

Re: What Is Said On The Streets About Senator John Udoedehe by ChoCho54(f): 12:09pm On May 23, 2022
Obong Bassey Albert is your next governor.

(1) (Reply)

Presidency: It's Pay Back Time For Fayemi's Love, Oyetola Rallies Oyo, Osun / No Available Slots : Voters Registration / BREAKING [2023]: Top PDP Presidential Aspirant Steps Down [details]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.