Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,681 members, 7,809,579 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:33 AM

Why Is Peter Obi Loved Passionately By The Youths? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is Peter Obi Loved Passionately By The Youths? (998 Views)

Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi And Ayogu Eze Hug Passionately / Is Peter Obi The Owner Of This Mansion In London? See Photos & APC Allegations / Oh My Home, Dino Melaye Sings Passionately For PDP (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Peter Obi Loved Passionately By The Youths? by ScamHunter: 11:58pm On May 23, 2022
I feel emotional seeing the passion that young people have for a Peter Obi presidency. What is closest to it is EndSARS.

Why do I feel that the political class do not want him?

Why do I feel that Obi is the Tsunami that'll either sweep many societal ills away from Nigeria or is quenched like EndSARS?

4 Likes

Re: Why Is Peter Obi Loved Passionately By The Youths? by ttobizz(m): 12:05am On May 24, 2022
We've been doing the same and getting same result. Now we want to do it a different way to get the desired result.

God bless Peter Obi!
God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria!

12 Likes

Re: Why Is Peter Obi Loved Passionately By The Youths? by Kalashnikov49: 12:09am On May 24, 2022
Because he is Articulate and doesn't pay thugs and street urchins money to type and manipulate news in his favor!!

10 Likes

Re: Why Is Peter Obi Loved Passionately By The Youths? by ScamHunter: 12:18am On May 24, 2022
ttobizz:
We've been doing the same and getting same result. Now we want to do it a different way to get the desired result.

God bless Peter Obi!
God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria!

The question I want to ask is, has any African country gotten it right in the real sense of the word. What makes you dream that Nigeria is capable of getting it right? Don't you think that there are powers that make it impossible for the blacks to do the right thing? Think of 2015 and how people actually Believed that Buhari could deliver. Think of 2022 when people are still campaigning for Tinubu, Saraki, Rochas or Orji Kalu. You can't help thinking something is wrong with most black people.
For instance, the first African leader I've studied that had what it takes to make his country truly great and independent like China was Thomas Sankara. Patrice Lumumba too was close but not like Sankara. Now I'm seeing Obi (a low-budget Sankara) since I'm yet to be convinced that he has the Sankara will to stand up to the West like China and Singapore did. So what makes you think Obi isn't all talk?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is Peter Obi Loved Passionately By The Youths? by Amarisco(f): 12:34am On May 24, 2022
A low budget Sankara would still be the best step in the right direction. The mentality of Africans need to change, he may not be the most radical, but he is still a revolutionary in his own right.

He goes against the very fabric of what it means to be an African man in power, in this country, right now

6 Likes

Re: Why Is Peter Obi Loved Passionately By The Youths? by Nobody: 12:39am On May 24, 2022
ScamHunter:
I feel emotional seeing the passion that young people have for a Peter Obi presidency. What is closest to it is EndSARS.

Why do I feel that Obi is the Tsunami that'll either sweep many societal ills away from Nigeria or is quenched like EndSARS?

Wake up to the reality staring at you.

Petr Obi can only become the president "ONLINE"

Take away online presidency, the best he would get in 2023 is President of Aba Traders Association (ATA)

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is Peter Obi Loved Passionately By The Youths? by Nobody: 12:48am On May 24, 2022
SARSCoV2:

Take away online presidency, the best he would get in 2023 is President of Aba Traders Association (ATA)

grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Peter Obi Loved Passionately By The Youths? by ttobizz(m): 12:49am On May 24, 2022
ScamHunter:

The question I want to ask is, has any African country gotten it right in the real sense of the word. What makes you dream that Nigeria is capable of getting it right? Don't you think that there are powers that make it impossible for the blacks to do the right thing? Think of 2015 and how people actually Believed that Buhari could deliver. Think of 2022 when people are still campaigning for Tinubu, Saraki, Rochas or Orji Kalu. You can't help thinking something is wrong with most black people.
For instance, the first African leader I've studied that had what it takes to make his country truly great and independent like China was Thomas Sankara. Patrice Lumumba too was close but not like Sankara. Now I'm seeing Obi (a low-budget Sankara) since I'm yet to be convinced that he has the Sankara will to stand up to the West like China and Singapore did. So what makes you think Obi isn't all talk?

My brother I quite understand your point, but before we start talking international politics, let's get our institutions functional, block as many as possible administrative loopholes and financial recklessness. It's not impossible sir.
Yar'Adua had already started it before he passed. I tell you our stand against against the west will only be dependent on our internal stability and external independence.

5 Likes

Re: Why Is Peter Obi Loved Passionately By The Youths? by IkeIgboNile(m): 1:25am On May 24, 2022
I always laugh when i see people saying African mentality is this and that. The wind of change is here. The youths can't continue to stand by and watch our nation go to the dogs. This last 7 years has been horrible. We can't continue making the same mistake by electing sick docile men that will spend more time in the hospital than in government.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Peter Obi Loved Passionately By The Youths? by Nobody: 1:26am On May 24, 2022
ScamHunter:

With due respect! Never put Thomas Sankara and Peter obi in same sentence. Thats a big insult to Late Thomas Sankara.

How dare you compare a thief with a pure revolutionist.

Please compare Obi with Tinubu, Abacha, or Atiku. Never compare him to a Thomas Sankara!

Insult at its peak!

4 Likes

Re: Why Is Peter Obi Loved Passionately By The Youths? by swaggerjack: 4:06am On May 24, 2022
He is loved by them because he tried to hide funds in the Caribbean through his daughter name.

4 Likes

Re: Why Is Peter Obi Loved Passionately By The Youths? by Jlow2: 4:58am On May 24, 2022
If I become president any government official seen spending dollar in nigeria will be jailed--- Peter obi( when critical businesses that boost the economy find it hard to access dolllars)

1 Like

Re: Why Is Peter Obi Loved Passionately By The Youths? by Nebulax: 5:38am On May 24, 2022
Mostly loved on social media not in real life

1 Like

Re: Why Is Peter Obi Loved Passionately By The Youths? by samunaka: 5:51am On May 24, 2022
ScamHunter:

Igbo youths love Peter Obi just the way they love Nnamdi KANU and that is that nothing more than that it does not translate to any electoral value

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Peter Obi Loved Passionately By The Youths? by Peterobiisathie(f): 6:23am On May 24, 2022
Pandora Peter Obi is a thief

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Peter Obi Loved Passionately By The Youths? by KingKO22: 6:37am On May 24, 2022
Youth of 3%ter of your falling sun beerfraud republic you mean ?

Joke of d century.

I bet that Sanwo Olu will win against Peter Obi if the two emerge as party flag bearer.

Glorified monumental failure

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Peter Obi Loved Passionately By The Youths? by Obidient1: 7:19am On May 24, 2022
If you check very well South East have not supported any candidate like PETER OBI why because He is very Vibrant, Trust worthy well Educated and he is a real definition of Leadership.
PETER OBI REMAINS THE BEST FOR PRESIDENT.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is Peter Obi Loved Passionately By The Youths? by Reality3080: 7:54am On May 24, 2022
ScamHunter:

y not let him win pdp ticket first
Re: Why Is Peter Obi Loved Passionately By The Youths? by Reality3080: 8:03am On May 24, 2022
Nebulax:
Mostly loved on social media not in real life
peter obi that no governor,big wig or delegates have come out to support

We only hear his noise online

Lets see how online noise will translate to votes by delegates

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Peter Obi Loved Passionately By The Youths? by Reality3080: 8:07am On May 24, 2022
Obidient1:
If you check very well South East have not supported any candidate like PETER OBI why because He is very Vibrant, Trust worthy well Educated and he is a real definition of Leadership.
PETER OBI REMAINS THE BEST FOR PRESIDENT.
name just 1 governor in south east supporting Peter obi?
Name one political big wig in south east supporting Peter obi?
Name any crowd puller in south east supporting Peter obi?

U can see I limit my question to south east so u can see what his support structure looks like at home before talking about outside south east

Cc
Gidgiddy
Scamhunter
Puskas

U too can answer d question

1 Like

Re: Why Is Peter Obi Loved Passionately By The Youths? by ClintonEmex: 8:09am On May 24, 2022
Ok
Re: Why Is Peter Obi Loved Passionately By The Youths? by irumanle(m): 8:09am On May 24, 2022
Igbo youth you mean?
Re: Why Is Peter Obi Loved Passionately By The Youths? by flamingREED(m): 8:13am On May 24, 2022
SARSCoV2:

Your president online, but our president at heart.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Peter Obi Loved Passionately By The Youths? by ScamHunter: 9:22am On May 24, 2022
Reality3080:
name just 1 governor in south east supporting Peter obi?
Name one political big wig in south east supporting Peter obi?
Name any crowd puller in south east supporting Peter obi?

U can see I limit my question to south east so u can see what his support structure looks like at home before talking about outside south east

Cc
Gidgiddy
Scamhunter
Puskas

U too can answer d question

Don't you think that he's the right man for the job if the politicians don't want him? Isn't it a known fact that the reason the country moves in circles is that the wrong people have cornered political power while the right ones are indifferent to the rot? Obi is a movement of the masses, just like EndSARS, he either wins and the country makes headway or he doesn't and the country keeps moving down. If an outsider like him could become a governor, I think he can also become a president. After all it takes one man to break a cycle like Obama did for the US.
Re: Why Is Peter Obi Loved Passionately By The Youths? by ScamHunter: 9:27am On May 24, 2022
Reality3080:
peter obi that no governor,big wig or delegates have come out to support

We only hear his noise online

Lets see how online noise will translate to votes by delegates

Did you believe that a black man could become the president of America 25 years ago? Revolutions, mass movements and their likes are unstoppable. Peter Obi is the first politician with genuine widespread appeal whose acceptance isn't based on ethnic sentiment, but competence. If he fails to clinch the presidency, we should resign to the reality that Nigeria is destined for perpetual failure.
Re: Why Is Peter Obi Loved Passionately By The Youths? by Reality3080: 9:41am On May 24, 2022
ScamHunter:

Don't you think that he's the right man for the job if the politicians don't want him? Isn't it a known fact that the reason the country moves in circles is that the wrong people have cornered political power while the right ones are indifferent to the rot? Obi is a movement of the masses, just like EndSARS, he either wins and the country makes headway or he doesn't and the country keeps moving down. If an outsider like him could become a governor, I think he can also become a president. After all it takes one man to break a cycle like Obama did for the US.
when u are ready to face reality come back

The same Obama who enjoyed d support of American big wigs,check his records n support base n u will understand that Peter obi case is different

Right now we are talking about delegates n not d masses,if d masses are with u 100% n d delegates don’t know u it’s absolute rubbish

U count 6 before 7
Re: Why Is Peter Obi Loved Passionately By The Youths? by ScamHunter: 11:35am On May 24, 2022
Reality3080:
when u are ready to face reality come back

The same Obama who enjoyed d support of American big wigs,check his records n support base n u will understand that Peter obi case is different

Right now we are talking about delegates n not d masses,if d masses are with u 100% n d delegates don’t know u it’s absolute rubbish

U count 6 before 7

Thought I was discussing with someone sensible. Just cross-checked you're another Nairaland Zombee
Re: Why Is Peter Obi Loved Passionately By The Youths? by Reality3080: 11:36am On May 24, 2022
ScamHunter:

Thought I was discussing with someone sensible. Just cross-checked you're another Nairaland Zombee
no problem

I promise to quote u in d next 1 week
Re: Why Is Peter Obi Loved Passionately By The Youths? by GoooodHardDick: 12:13pm On May 24, 2022
Reality3080:
no problem

I promise to quote u in d next 1 week

You seem pained and bitter towards our incoming president Peter obi. What's the matter son?

If pdp doesn't give him ticket, my brother other parties dey. And we'll all follow to that party. So chill and relax

1 Like

Re: Why Is Peter Obi Loved Passionately By The Youths? by Corporate2020: 12:37pm On May 24, 2022
Kalashnikov49:
Because he is Articulate and doesn't pay thugs and street urchins money to type and manipulate news in his favor!!

The votes are on the streets with the thugs and urchins. We will meet at the polling booths, and at the rigging room.
Re: Why Is Peter Obi Loved Passionately By The Youths? by CSTRR: 12:41pm On May 24, 2022
SARSCoV2:

Given the alternatives that are contesting with him, that would be your lose and that of those you hold dear that call Nigeria home.

There is nothing funny about it.

It's like laughing that you cannot get anti-malarial drugs when you have malaria.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Peter Obi Cannot Win The 2023 Presidential Election / BREAKING: Ejikeme Omeje, APC House Of Reps Candidate Dies In Fatal Accident / DJ Tunez Praises Buhari For Lagos International Airport. Video.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.