Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,946 members, 7,814,206 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:02 AM

Will They Compensate Me? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Will They Compensate Me? (13344 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will They Compensate Me? by mordred44: 12:53pm On May 16, 2023
If you resign urself....broda Bernard is ur case
Re: Will They Compensate Me? by Kaytixy: 1:00pm On May 16, 2023
Zaccshegzy:
Good day guys.

Please I'm currently working in a company, but I'm contemplating on resigning from the company.

I joined the company as a casual worker in 2017 and I was staffed in 2021...

Now my question is this, if I should resign this year, would I be entitled to any compensation or gratuity from the company?

If yes, are they going to calculate it from the year I joined the company (2017) or from 2021 when the staffed me?

Please I really needs detailed explanation to my questions.

Thanks very much guys for taking your time to answer my questions, God bless you all.
Questions you are supposed to ask the HR in your office, you are coming to ask us. How are we suppose to know to ri olohun.
Re: Will They Compensate Me? by DeShineShine(m): 1:03pm On May 16, 2023
In every of your consideration, know that you became Staff in 2021 and you can only rely on your pension contribution RSA. Most organizations especially banking industry had cancelled gratuity since 2014/2015. If you use your hands to resign, you may not be entitled to any compensation but if otherwise, you may be given stipend as compensation but not gratuity.
Re: Will They Compensate Me? by GloriousGbola: 1:09pm On May 16, 2023
Zaccshegzy:
Good day guys.

Please I'm currently working in a company, but I'm contemplating on resigning from the company.

Now my question is this, if I should resign this year, would I be entitled to any compensation or gratuity from the company?

If yes, are they going to calculate it from the year I joined the company (2017) or from 2021 when the staffed me?

Thanks very much guys for taking your time to answer my questions, God bless you all.

the whole point of casual/contract staffing is reduce the company operating cost. casual staff do not get any benefits. you know this, but you are fishing. there is no loophole or trick or sharp lawyer.

no benefits for employment during your casual period.

it is what it is
Re: Will They Compensate Me? by prof22(m): 1:18pm On May 16, 2023
Most likely when you were staffed
Zaccshegzy:
Good day guys.

Re: Will They Compensate Me? by danzaki63: 1:44pm On May 16, 2023
Dont you have a letter of appointment? Dont your company have a condition of service? ask from your HR, no any advice here will benefit you by using other people experiences to solve your own. different companies have differend policies check for your own.

1 Like

Re: Will They Compensate Me? by Jokkarm2: 1:48pm On May 16, 2023
From 2021 is when you were dully confirmed as a full staff and that is when any entitlement will start from.
Re: Will They Compensate Me? by Britishpea: 2:00pm On May 16, 2023
Na we give u employment or we Dey work in your company? These nairaland mods self
Re: Will They Compensate Me? by StPete: 2:19pm On May 16, 2023
Usually Companies don’t pay any gratuity or compensation unless you have spent at least 5 years and above officially in the company. In this case, you will be calculated from 2021
Re: Will They Compensate Me? by Raydave: 2:57pm On May 16, 2023
englishmart:
If you deserved any gratuity, that started counting when you got staffed.
Compensation isn't the right word there. What exactly are they compensating you for, for resigning after just one year?
did their office building encrouch your land? Or you lost a vital organ during work?

Even people who worked for 10 years don't get any gratuity when they resign, this is Nigeria.

Lol.....the guy really need to compensate the company not the other way round 🤭🤭🤭
Gratuity comes after retirement not resignation.
How many civil service employees get gratuities after retirements, let alone a resignation from work just one year of getting staffed.
If anybody should be compensated, it's the company. They should be compensated by you for disappointing them.
If you had left due to retrenchment, redundancy or retirement then you could be entitled for a gratuity, that's if your records are good, or you have humane employer
Re: Will They Compensate Me? by anozeanoze: 2:57pm On May 16, 2023
Zaccshegzy:
Good day guys.

YOU BETA WORK AS A STAFF FOR 5 YEARS
BEFORE YOU TRY RESIGNATION. THAT'S UNTIL 2026.

PLEASE I NEED A JOB IN A COMPANY (07011521440)
Re: Will They Compensate Me? by Xkale1996(m): 3:24pm On May 16, 2023
Zaccshegzy:
Good day guys.

why do you want to leave, do you have another job, if yes don't leave a job without getting another one o
Re: Will They Compensate Me? by Nobody: 5:03pm On May 16, 2023
Once you resign, you will be on your own with no benefits except there's a scheme that deducts part of your money for keep
Re: Will They Compensate Me? by Hueyreckless0007: 7:24pm On May 16, 2023
[quote author=Zaccshegzy post=113124113]

No matter what you do, dont resign. Stick to your job pls.

Speaking from experience.

Work no dey again oo
Re: Will They Compensate Me? by President2001(m): 8:11pm On May 16, 2023
Yes you get compensated but the counting will start from 2011
Re: Will They Compensate Me? by President2001(m): 8:12pm On May 16, 2023
Sorry the counting will start 2021
Re: Will They Compensate Me? by ogbenimax007: 8:26pm On May 16, 2023
englishmart:
If you deserved any gratuity, that started counting when you got staffed.
Compensation isn't the right word there. What exactly are they compensating you for, for resigning after just one year?
did their office building encrouch your land? Or you lost a vital organ during work?

Even people who worked for 10 years don't get any gratuity when they resign, this is Nigeria.
Gratuity comes after retirement not resignation.
How many civil service employees get gratuities after retirements, let alone a resignation from work just one year of getting staffed.
If anybody should be compensated, it's the company. They should be compensated by you for disappointing them.
If you had left due to retrenchment, redundancy or retirement then you could be entitled for a gratuity, that's if your records are good, or you have humane employer
truth
Re: Will They Compensate Me? by Vietnaminfo(m): 3:49am On May 17, 2023
OP, I sincerely hope that you're not considering resigning due to a deceptive offer from a Visa agent promising a better opportunity abroad. It's crucial to be cautious and evaluate your options carefully. I've noticed that many individuals in Nigeria have left their jobs and relocated overseas in pursuit of a more prosperous future, only to face unexpected challenges. When I shared my concerns about the realities of life abroad, many labeled me as an enemy of progress. However, the tables have turned, and those who took the leap are now facing difficulties.

OP, my advice is not to hastily accept an offer solely based on its attractive perks. Instead, consider a particular job that allows you to gather valuable experiences. If you resign within a short period of joining a company, it may raise doubts about your commitment and reliability. Moreover, if the company you want to join goes through downsizing of their workers, you might be among those to be effected.

I hope you take this advice to heart, as a word of caution can be invaluable to those who are wise

2 Likes

Re: Will They Compensate Me? by xjiggy: 8:33am On May 17, 2023
Post of a year ago is just hitting Front page. Of what use is the advice to this individual now that time has elapsed.
Re: Will They Compensate Me? by infotainment(m): 8:45am On May 17, 2023
Zaccshegzy:
Good day guys.

Dear Zaccshegzy, u are not entitled to compensation in any form. The only benefit u will go with is ur Pension contribution, this is because the companies have stopped gratuity and embraced Pension scheme. And u can only be qualified for gratuity after working for 5-10 yrs when gratuity scheme was still in place.
More so, u might have to pay the company in lieu of notice if u do not give enough notice.
Re: Will They Compensate Me? by afariogunone1(f): 1:03pm On May 17, 2023
Guy check the terms and conditions in your letter of employment or confirmation letter
Everything is always stated there
Nairaland no be your employer
Re: Will They Compensate Me? by JALOZIE: 3:40pm On May 17, 2023
First ,you have to find out if the company do compensate their staffs at resignation. Secondly , if yes its from when you were confirmed staff that's how it work.
Re: Will They Compensate Me? by Zaccshegzy(m): 5:47pm On May 17, 2023
xjiggy:
Post of a year ago is just hitting Front page. Of what use is the advice to this individual now that time has elapsed.
I wonder too o, it's over a year since I posted this.

And I've already resigned from the company just two months ago, and at least there's a gratuity not pension as some claimed for me.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Alison: 100 Courses Offered Free Of Charge + Certificate / Oil Workers Block Imo Govt House, Demand Salaries (photo) / Ericsson To Sack Nigerians As Firm Ships Jobs To India

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.