Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,961 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

Should I Accept The New Job Offer??? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should I Accept The New Job Offer??? (14671 Views)

Should I Accept The Job Offer From Him Or Not? Pls Help! / Should I Accept The Teaching Job? / Advice Me. Should I Accept The Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Accept The New Job Offer??? by delightglobal(m): 9:31pm On May 24, 2022
Good evening my fellow nairalanders

I need you guys opinion ..

i worked in the mainland.... but my salary and the side hustles i do.. my monthly take home is about 150k

Now i got an offer in the Island which wants to pay the accumulation of both...

Now the questions is.... Should i accept the offer or stay in the mainland?

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Should I Accept The New Job Offer??? by Rubyjade: 2:22am On May 25, 2022
delightglobal:

i worked in the mainland.... but my salary and the side hustles i do.. my monthly take home is about 150k

No

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Accept The New Job Offer??? by VTJN(m): 6:04am On May 25, 2022
delightglobal:

career path
Flexibility
Fulfilment
Satisfaction
Cost of living. et al

Put all these into consideration and make a choice

Having said that, someone should please help me with a job to earn a living.

Had little experience as a Customer Service and enumerator. I can also work remotely. I'm open to any roles and highly teachable.

Please y'all should come to my aid.

Btw, i also reside on the mainland

38 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Should I Accept The New Job Offer??? by delightglobal(m): 7:01am On May 25, 2022
Thank you bro
VTJN:
career path
Flexibility
Fulfilment
Satisfaction
Cost of living. et al

Put all these into consideration and make a choice

Having said that, someone should please help me with a job to earn a living.

Had little experience as a Customer Service and enumerator. I can also work remotely. I'm open to any roles and highly teachable.

Please y'all should come to my aid.

Btw, i also reside on the mainland
Re: Should I Accept The New Job Offer??? by Iamyemmie: 9:15am On May 25, 2022
delightglobal:

If you have 400k+ house rent go island
Only if you are going to stay around that epe side or ogombo grin
That one sef it’s still like 200k for shared apartment

Island not expensive like people claim
Only house rent
And if you wanna do big boy/girl
You go supermarket instead of going to normal market
And you wanna chill with the big boys/girls

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Accept The New Job Offer??? by Ekejoestar(m): 12:08pm On May 25, 2022
Best things to consider are.
* How lucrative the pay for the new job is.
* Accomodations
* If the new jobs brings an opportunity for career growth.
* Benefits and hazards involved

2 Likes

Re: Should I Accept The New Job Offer??? by valves: 12:09pm On May 25, 2022
If your decision will be solely based on salary, I'll advise you to remain on the mainland.

However, I don't think you should base your decision on salary alone. First of, the money isn't much (150k is roughly $280) and that can hardly meet all your needs, especially if you have a family.

What I think you should be more concerned about are: job satisfaction, the skills you'd acquire while on the job, prospect of growth, organisation's reputation, etc. Whichever meets most (or all) of the above criteria is the best for you.

1 Like

Re: Should I Accept The New Job Offer??? by bigdammyj: 12:09pm On May 25, 2022
Reading...
Re: Should I Accept The New Job Offer??? by soundOsonic: 12:09pm On May 25, 2022
delightglobal:

No don't
Re: Should I Accept The New Job Offer??? by OgunleyeA1: 12:09pm On May 25, 2022
Re: Should I Accept The New Job Offer??? by AzuNas: 12:09pm On May 25, 2022
Alright. . . . . . . Aje

To answer sir neva tire you.
Y u no put more effort for d side hustle since u get work already,wit time e fit grow.

Plus accomodation,plus tp and plus time wen remain after u close from the island work.

Abeg

1 Like

Re: Should I Accept The New Job Offer??? by Hezzyluv: 12:10pm On May 25, 2022
Na small pikin you be, wait for us make we come give you advice for the best decision you'll take on this subject matter. undecided

If na we wear the slippers, u go tell us...!

1 Like

Re: Should I Accept The New Job Offer??? by The5DME(m): 12:10pm On May 25, 2022
Nairaland mods and all these una fake stories. Una de always get side hustle, but yet can't decide on something as basic as a job offer.
Cc ishilove

5 Likes

Re: Should I Accept The New Job Offer??? by KingDash: 12:11pm On May 25, 2022
This guy you be liar
delightglobal:

1 Like

Re: Should I Accept The New Job Offer??? by money121(m): 12:11pm On May 25, 2022
Ok
Re: Should I Accept The New Job Offer??? by money121(m): 12:12pm On May 25, 2022
delightglobal:

Re: Should I Accept The New Job Offer??? by iCauseTrouble: 12:14pm On May 25, 2022
Re: Should I Accept The New Job Offer??? by Kizzygentle: 12:14pm On May 25, 2022
Don't go to the island if the accumulation is the same with that on the mainland. The island stress is hell and the traffic is mad.. Island lunch alone would consume about 40k of the salary monthly.. Well weifh your options especially based on expenses and choose which suits you.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Accept The New Job Offer??? by Ajehkpako4naija(m): 12:14pm On May 25, 2022
delightglobal:

from frypan to fire....
Re: Should I Accept The New Job Offer??? by olaadesino(m): 12:14pm On May 25, 2022
CAMPARE THE SECURITY OF THE TWO
Re: Should I Accept The New Job Offer??? by Naustine(m): 12:16pm On May 25, 2022
Only u should know better... It's only u that can decide after considering flexible, expenses and the amount of energy you will put into both jobs. Also consider possibilities. You don't expect us to give u the best of advice based on face value. Good luck anyway

1 Like

Re: Should I Accept The New Job Offer??? by chinyce(m): 12:17pm On May 25, 2022
At that level of Income.

Stay on the Mainland and have peace of mind.

Come to Island and you will have no savings till you grey.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Accept The New Job Offer??? by tunapawizzy: 12:18pm On May 25, 2022
We don't know your living condition or the rent u pay on the mainland, we don't know ur age, we don't know how dire your economic situation is, we don't know the kind of jobs those jobs are, security of the job and all, we don't know if ur "live and work on the mainland" is from ikotun to ikorodu OR ikeja to ogba, we don't know how much of ur peace n time the side hustle takes, we don't know the most important things to help u take a decision, we only know the money involved, which is not enough to make a proper decision.

7 Likes

Re: Should I Accept The New Job Offer??? by JARUSHUB: 12:19pm On May 25, 2022
Stay on the Mainland
Re: Should I Accept The New Job Offer??? by Wemsly05: 12:20pm On May 25, 2022
There are a bunch of things to consider.

Firstly, you will spend more time travelling to and from work daily.

You will also spend more on transportation than you currently do.

Also, with concerning the traffic, just get ready to spend about 3-4 hours every day on the road. (Morning and evening)

You will also spend more money on your lunch breaks, however, the difference is arguably negligible.

Long story short, you will spend more money and have less time to yourself. That your 150k will mostly got towards transport and feeding.

That said, you are likely to make more valuable connections working on the Island.

That your side hustle, if you get clientele based on the island, you can command more money for the same service or product.

End of the day, the ball is in your court.
Re: Should I Accept The New Job Offer??? by OlamiDC: 12:22pm On May 25, 2022
even though una wan shit,una go still carry ahm cum nairaland for advice weda to use WC or any other toilet
Re: Should I Accept The New Job Offer??? by uchaymart(m): 12:23pm On May 25, 2022
Trying to keep the day going with fake stories is a NO NO.

I am sick and tired of the whole BS coming up here for some time now.

1 Like

Re: Should I Accept The New Job Offer??? by Realmi: 12:30pm On May 25, 2022
Hmm

It depends...do u live on the mainland

U should know better abeg..
Re: Should I Accept The New Job Offer??? by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 12:35pm On May 25, 2022
Think of your residue income and stress.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Accrete Petroleum Ongoing 2018 Job Recruitment / Association For Reproductive And Family Health (ARFH) - August 2014 / How To Follow Up AFTER A Job Interview?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.