Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,324 members, 7,819,106 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:24 AM

A Drive Through Tinapa Resort In Calabar(2022 Review) What Exactly Happened? - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Drive Through Tinapa Resort In Calabar(2022 Review) What Exactly Happened? (40986 Views)

Drive-through Pictures Of SPACEX Engineering Complex, In California, US. / Casa Del Papa Resort In Benin Republic (Photos, Video) / La Campagne Tropicana, The Most Beautiful Beach Resort In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Drive Through Tinapa Resort In Calabar(2022 Review) What Exactly Happened? by DonMaxxy(m): 5:33pm On May 25, 2022
Cromagnon:
God forbid
Those failures

Name any Enugu governor that's better than Sullivan Chime
Name any Plateau State governor better than Jonah Jang
Name any Akwa Ibom governor better than Godswill Akpabio, is it Victor Attah, or this present albino
Name any Cross River state governor better than Donald Duke, is it Liyel Imoke or this Clueless Prof.

Talk with verifiable facts. I witnessed 1 month power supply in my life while in Nigeria from morning till night non stop, in 2012 during Sullivan Chime tenure in Enugu State. Dude knows his onions in urban renewal, go to Enugu state now

3 Likes

Re: A Drive Through Tinapa Resort In Calabar(2022 Review) What Exactly Happened? by SunTzu123(m): 5:34pm On May 25, 2022
Beautiful project, excellent in conception and execution BUT; you don't do a project of this magnitude without a sustainability plan.

If you build a resort, you need LONG TERM plans on how to make it continuously profitable. Or even useful.

Long term planning (or the lack of it) is one big headache for Africans.

2 Likes

Re: A Drive Through Tinapa Resort In Calabar(2022 Review) What Exactly Happened? by chiboycue: 5:35pm On May 25, 2022
I read on online news that some of the streets of calabar are littered with heaps of waste materials. Please is it true ?

1 Like

Re: A Drive Through Tinapa Resort In Calabar(2022 Review) What Exactly Happened? by Uche73: 5:40pm On May 25, 2022
Very true
chiboycue:

I read on online news that some of the streets of calabar are littered with heaps of waste materials. Please is it true ?
Re: A Drive Through Tinapa Resort In Calabar(2022 Review) What Exactly Happened? by abeggnow: 5:41pm On May 25, 2022
Bbsharon:
The Resort has been abandoned for long and during the End SARS Nationwide protest it was further vandalized and the few shops and mini malls that were still operating were robbed and destroyed, the hotel was also vandalized leaving carcass of a once beautiful resorts left to ruins.

The theatres, studios and most other facilities here are no longer functioning and mainly no events or exhibition goes on here.

I really hope this place is properly looked into and restructured to get it going and live up to its designed expectations as it is a big source of tourism income for Cross River State and the Nation.

is it government controled?? i mean state government controlled??
Re: A Drive Through Tinapa Resort In Calabar(2022 Review) What Exactly Happened? by Multiplier7(m): 5:42pm On May 25, 2022
Coincidentally i just finished watching Stephen Ndukwe's documentary on youtube about the falling state of Obudu and Tinapa resort. It's a very big big shame to the present Governor Ben Ayade. Only what he knows how to do is SLEEP WITH BEAUTIFUL WOMEN.

And he still has the gut to buy presidential form to come and rule Nigeria. Posterity will judge him 100%
Re: A Drive Through Tinapa Resort In Calabar(2022 Review) What Exactly Happened? by treatise: 5:47pm On May 25, 2022
Bbsharon:
So, what exactly happened to this beautiful resort? Why has it become a deserted and abandoned place? While driving through we decided to stop at the reception by the entrance to the waterpark. We could see a swimming pool inside the park close to the water slide but I would dare not jump in that pool even if it's for free as it was crowded and looks dirty.

We were told we had to pay 1500 each to have access to an abandoned water park ride, a crowded swimming pool, and a few working restaurants offering local dishes. Well, we thought there was no need for that as it was not fascinating enough so we left and rather just drive through to observe the beautiful natural surroundings.
Execution before feasibility study.
Re: A Drive Through Tinapa Resort In Calabar(2022 Review) What Exactly Happened? by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 5:49pm On May 25, 2022
Dpaulie:
We don't appreciate things like this in Nigeria.... na oyinbo thing
Na lie
We appreciate things like

It is just that the current "leader" and "system" starting from pres to councilor loves the country shitty
Re: A Drive Through Tinapa Resort In Calabar(2022 Review) What Exactly Happened? by autodevice(m): 5:51pm On May 25, 2022
Ok
Re: A Drive Through Tinapa Resort In Calabar(2022 Review) What Exactly Happened? by azpekuliar: 6:03pm On May 25, 2022
Multiplier7:
Coincidentally i just finished watching Stephen Ndukwe's documentary on youtube about the falling state of Obudu and Tinapa resort. It's a very big big shame to the present Governor Ben Ayade. Only what he knows how to do is SLEEP WITH BEAUTIFUL WOMEN.

And he still has the gut to buy presidential form to come and rule Nigeria. Posterity will judge him 100%

That’s what feeding bottle federalism gives you.
Re: A Drive Through Tinapa Resort In Calabar(2022 Review) What Exactly Happened? by onyyy: 6:09pm On May 25, 2022
Bbsharon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EV4QtZEuJo

What exactly happened to the beautiful, attractive and popular tourist attraction known as Tinapa Resort Calabar should be a question every well meaning lover of tourism especially in Nigeria should be worried about.

I made a visit May, 2022 to this once beautiful centre of attraction that use to be a hub of great and captivating activities in the city of Calabar and it was clearly an eye sore, save for the beautiful and lush green environment and nature left to be admired, there was nothing else out of the ordinary to make it really worth your stay.

Here is a link to a beautiful video on my YouTube I made of the surroundings while driving through....
....I was corper dere back in 2012/2013.. tinapa is collecting 150k/250k.. at times close to 400k per week from those shop at t mart.. how do u expect dose shops to survive.... Am saying PER WEEK NOT MONTH
Re: A Drive Through Tinapa Resort In Calabar(2022 Review) What Exactly Happened? by fmonigent(m): 6:13pm On May 25, 2022
Viraltrends123:
The government is not clueless, he did a great job. But the problem is advertisement, that's why things like this suit private investors more, there are estates like this in Lagos, and this people know how to attract customers, you will see some hotels as big as Eko hotel, but there will be no space.

For a governor to think of this, it's cool, improve your security, and the few people trying to force others to sit at home because of the 5 plots of land they were promise they get when the country divides, eliminate them, they are fighting for nothing but themselves. Because you can't be fighting for someone and be killing the person grin, and this people think they are wiser than everyone, like less than a thousand people think they can control millions of people to do what they want or die, you think you are wiser than everyone.

Government should just sentence Nnamdi Kanu to death by hanging, if not then Abubakar Shekau should have been taken to court instead.

The difference between both of them is one fool was enjoy life abroad, buy 350k Fendi up and down, sleeping with Ashawos, hid all his children abroad, that only few of his supporters know he has children, while the other fool was in the country with his children

Guy, you dey on weed? Wetin concern Nnadi Kanu and tinapa?
You yeye gon
Re: A Drive Through Tinapa Resort In Calabar(2022 Review) What Exactly Happened? by aylipple: 6:20pm On May 25, 2022
It's very easy to blame Prof. Ayade alone but people forget there was a Liyel Imoke before him; both share the blame for the astronomical decline of Cross River State as Nigeria's leading tourist destination especially the incumbent governor.

A pity such promising site was abandoned to rot.

1 Like

Re: A Drive Through Tinapa Resort In Calabar(2022 Review) What Exactly Happened? by airsaylongcome: 6:23pm On May 25, 2022
Lol! You are complaining of Tinapa. Drive to Delta Steel or Ajaokuta Steel and see utter neglect

1 Like

Re: A Drive Through Tinapa Resort In Calabar(2022 Review) What Exactly Happened? by AriseNews: 6:40pm On May 25, 2022
MansoryMX:

Give it a year. Interpol or FBI will pick this guy you dey praise so. If you ask me why it means you are sensible and if you counter, you have a dead brain

His money is legit...He DEFEATED EFCC in court earlier this month.
Re: A Drive Through Tinapa Resort In Calabar(2022 Review) What Exactly Happened? by blueAgent(m): 6:48pm On May 25, 2022
Idiko1:
Nothing happened to TINAPA except the inherent idiotic stream of thought of Africans in general and Nigerians in particular.

Very much true.

Even Heaven would look like Hell, when Africans and blacks rule over it.
Re: A Drive Through Tinapa Resort In Calabar(2022 Review) What Exactly Happened? by spencekat(m): 6:57pm On May 25, 2022
Ayade caused it
Re: A Drive Through Tinapa Resort In Calabar(2022 Review) What Exactly Happened? by 40BGvm: 7:04pm On May 25, 2022
You just displayed your nonentity to the whole world...you advertently show how slow your brain process information.

The writer isn’t talking about advertisements, now go back again and before you read the post ensure to drain your slow thinking brain from all vile thoughts so you can comprehend.

Viraltrends123:
The government is not clueless, he did a great job. But the problem is advertisement, that's why things like this suit private investors more, there are estates like this in Lagos, and this people know how to attract customers, you will see some hotels as big as Eko hotel, but there will be no space.

For a governor to think of this, it's cool, improve your security, and the few people trying to force others to sit at home because of the 5 plots of land they were promise they get when the country divides, eliminate them, they are fighting for nothing but themselves. Because you can't be fighting for someone and be killing the person grin, and this people think they are wiser than everyone, like less than a thousand people think they can control millions of people to do what they want or die, you think you are wiser than everyone.

Government should just sentence Nnamdi Kanu to death by hanging, if not then Abubakar Shekau should have been taken to court instead.

The difference between both of them is one fool was enjoy life abroad, buy 350k Fendi up and down, sleeping with Ashawos, hid all his children abroad, that only few of his supporters know he has children, while the other fool was in the country with his children
Re: A Drive Through Tinapa Resort In Calabar(2022 Review) What Exactly Happened? by Viraltrends123: 7:22pm On May 25, 2022
40BGvm:

You just displayed your nonentity to the whole world...you advertently show how slow your brain process information.

The writer isn’t talking about advertisements, now go back again and before you read the post ensure to drain your slow thinking brain from all vile thoughts so you can comprehend.

Okay grin
Re: A Drive Through Tinapa Resort In Calabar(2022 Review) What Exactly Happened? by MansoryMX(m): 7:28pm On May 25, 2022
AriseNews:

His money is legit...He DEFEATED EFCC in court earlier this month.

What do you know? cheesy
EFCC na agency? Mtchewwwww!!!
Efcc that can’t trace bitcoin transactions. All the bitcoin he trades for people where do you think 80% of people are getting them from? Still yahoo.
Re: A Drive Through Tinapa Resort In Calabar(2022 Review) What Exactly Happened? by AnthonyAk(m): 7:31pm On May 25, 2022
I don’t think the place ever took off as it should have
Re: A Drive Through Tinapa Resort In Calabar(2022 Review) What Exactly Happened? by NaijaCars4sale: 7:33pm On May 25, 2022
Very beautiful place
Re: A Drive Through Tinapa Resort In Calabar(2022 Review) What Exactly Happened? by Twoclans(f): 8:01pm On May 25, 2022
Sustainability culture ~~~~~~ zero
Maintenance ~~~~~~ zero
Placing value on customers ~~~~ zero

Pilfering and corruption at all levels 100%
Re: A Drive Through Tinapa Resort In Calabar(2022 Review) What Exactly Happened? by 3seriez(m): 8:17pm On May 25, 2022
Visited Tinapa in 2009. Had real fun at the water park. The place had so much potential back then. It's sad to see it in such state. This country is just something else.
Re: A Drive Through Tinapa Resort In Calabar(2022 Review) What Exactly Happened? by Jalaw: 8:20pm On May 25, 2022
Ayade happened
Re: A Drive Through Tinapa Resort In Calabar(2022 Review) What Exactly Happened? by MeghaneMorgane(f): 8:46pm On May 25, 2022
I visited here during my NYSC. It was such a pity because there was very little activity going on here
Re: A Drive Through Tinapa Resort In Calabar(2022 Review) What Exactly Happened? by Image123(m): 8:52pm On May 25, 2022
The sad difference between Donald Duke and Tinubu. Tinubu is a thief and is not that genius to me but he is a visionary, can't take that from him. Lagos is running better after him. CR needs Duke to rule over them till death before things look up.
Re: A Drive Through Tinapa Resort In Calabar(2022 Review) What Exactly Happened? by Spandau: 9:08pm On May 25, 2022
Bbsharon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EV4QtZEuJo

What exactly happened to the beautiful, attractive and popular tourist attraction known as Tinapa Resort Calabar should be a question every well meaning lover of tourism especially in Nigeria should be worried about.

I made a visit May, 2022 to this once beautiful centre of attraction that use to be a hub of great and captivating activities in the city of Calabar and it was clearly an eye sore, save for the beautiful and lush green environment and nature left to be admired, there was nothing else out of the ordinary to make it really worth your stay.

Here is a link to a beautiful video on my YouTube I made of the surroundings while driving through....

Buhari and his hordes of Fulani mercs happened.
Re: A Drive Through Tinapa Resort In Calabar(2022 Review) What Exactly Happened? by optimusprime2(m): 11:52pm On May 25, 2022
Sighs....
Donald Duke... cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Motor Accident Kills Two ATBU Final Year Students & One Graduate (Photos) / How Can ₦‎1 Million Take Me Abroad? / Air Peace Passengers Asked To Delete Video In Lagos Before Boarding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.