Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,095 members, 7,825,456 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:11 PM

A Drive Through Tinapa Resort In Calabar(2022 Review) What Exactly Happened? - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Drive Through Tinapa Resort In Calabar(2022 Review) What Exactly Happened? (41004 Views)

Drive-through Pictures Of SPACEX Engineering Complex, In California, US. / Casa Del Papa Resort In Benin Republic (Photos, Video) / La Campagne Tropicana, The Most Beautiful Beach Resort In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Drive Through Tinapa Resort In Calabar(2022 Review) What Exactly Happened? by chaloskyx: 12:52am On May 26, 2022
Nigeria happened simple and Nigeria has happened to every single person on this platform why are you surprised? if Nigerians and their politicians should move to US they would destroy the entire system in a year we are just good for nothing
Re: A Drive Through Tinapa Resort In Calabar(2022 Review) What Exactly Happened? by queenfav(f): 1:06am On May 26, 2022
Low maintenance culture
Re: A Drive Through Tinapa Resort In Calabar(2022 Review) What Exactly Happened? by Bbbw: 2:00am On May 26, 2022
Ok
Re: A Drive Through Tinapa Resort In Calabar(2022 Review) What Exactly Happened? by MMempire(m): 2:54am On May 26, 2022
Bbsharon:
Have you been here before ? Recently or way back? What was the experience like for you ?

I would really love to read from people who were here when the place was still well functioning and vibrant.

Read more travel stories and write-ups on my blog @ www.travelwithdemmy.com

**cheers**
Liyel Imoke should be hanged for the rot in the state. Tinapa is not actually located in Calabar, but Odukpani. There is an internal issue of expanding Calabar to Odukpani junction long during the days of Donald Duke. The refusal of the Odukpani people not agreeing to the expansion made the government to stop further communial development of Odukpani. Tinapa was a project that was supposed to be in the state capital, but unfortunately, Calabar (both the Calabar municipal and Calabar south) by land mass is not big and do not have a space for such project. Donald Duke tried repeatedly to convince the Odukpani people to allow the expansion, but the political rivals from Odukpani will not accept. He gave up and allowed them be. Liyel Imoke is majorly the cause of many present problem in the state. Most of the allocation from the Federal Government that Akwa Ibom enjoys today started because the "ode of a governor" could not present himself during the land boundary dispute resolution done by the Federal Government during his tenure, and so most oil wells was believe to be under Akwa Ibom. Calabar lost the position of the state that receives highest federal allocation to Akwa Ibom; and therefore no much such fund to start and maintain capital projects and the state entirely.
Re: A Drive Through Tinapa Resort In Calabar(2022 Review) What Exactly Happened? by EagleNest(m): 5:17am On May 26, 2022
Viraltrends123:
The government is not clueless, he did a great job. But the problem is advertisement, that's why things like this suit private investors more, there are estates like this in Lagos, and this people know how to attract customers, you will see some hotels as big as Eko hotel, but there will be no space.

For a governor to think of this, it's cool, improve your security, and the few people trying to force others to sit at home because of the 5 plots of land they were promise they get when the country divides, eliminate them, they are fighting for nothing but themselves. Because you can't be fighting for someone and be killing the person grin, and this people think they are wiser than everyone, like less than a thousand people think they can control millions of people to do what they want or die, you think you are wiser than everyone.

Government should just sentence Nnamdi Kanu to death by hanging, if not then Abubakar Shekau should have been taken to court instead.

The difference between both of them is one fool was enjoy life abroad, buy 350k Fendi up and down, sleeping with Ashawos, hid all his children abroad, that only few of his supporters know he has children, while the other fool was in the country with his children
You started well at the beginning but come deviate dey talk something different. Hope you are okay grin
Re: A Drive Through Tinapa Resort In Calabar(2022 Review) What Exactly Happened? by Cromagnon: 6:42am On May 26, 2022
DonMaxxy:

Name any Enugu governor that's better than Sullivan Chime

Chime was cool but not good enough otherwise enugu would be like Dubai now 2/100 is better than 0/100 but still abject failure

Name any Plateau State governor better than Jonah Jang

I am pa to senator from jos
Jang is a useless governor

Name any Akwa Ibom governor better than Godswill

This one is just a useless thief but excess money allowed him to do small stunts still useless

Commissioned hospital and visitor had accident they flew the Person to Egypt

Akpabio, is it Victor Attah, or this present albino
Name any Cross River state governor better than Donald Duke, is it Liyel Imoke or this Clueless Prof.

All useless
Duke just fine but a useless thief like all the rest

Talk with verifiable facts. I witnessed 1 month power supply in my life while in Nigeria from morning till night non stop, in 2012 during Sullivan Chime tenure in Enugu State. Dude knows his onions in urban renewal, go to Enugu state now
urban renewal is dead on arrival if your ppl are broke

Nigeria is broke
Enugu is broke

Our ppl are unproductive

It's like a jobless youth buying iPhone 13 and Lexus

Unproductive and unsustainable

1 Like

Re: A Drive Through Tinapa Resort In Calabar(2022 Review) What Exactly Happened? by nihinlade(m): 9:29am On May 26, 2022
And to think that the Governor is a Professor! Professor my foot!
Re: A Drive Through Tinapa Resort In Calabar(2022 Review) What Exactly Happened? by meobizy(f): 9:42am On May 26, 2022
You would have gotten answers if you stopped one of the workers to ask. What I heard during my visit was the government rose taxes associated with doing business astronomically; forcing the investors available to evacuate. I do not know under whose tenure, but it shows our leaders disregard for facilities which will enlighten or at the least soothe the average person.

It’s funny how this place still brings capital regardless of been abandoned for a decade plus. See yeah, before electing idiots into power, take a look at the works they’ve created and maintained. Donald Duke doesn’t need government money to keep this investment afloat. If anything its current state is a testament to show how he’ll waste government funds on initially good ideas later turned frivolities. Money from the administration will only smoothen operations not remain the lifeblood of the business.
Re: A Drive Through Tinapa Resort In Calabar(2022 Review) What Exactly Happened? by Detolanny(m): 9:47am On May 26, 2022
Bbsharon:
Have you been here before ? Recently or way back? What was the experience like for you ?

I would really love to read from people who were here when the place was still well functioning and vibrant.

**cheers**

I was there on 29th April, 2022 while on an official engagement to my company's offices in all the six (6) states of the South-South Zone. TBVH, i was heart-wrecked when i got there. I even saw the Monorail and other abandoned facilities as well. They just allowed that laudable project that would have fetched the state billions of Naira to waste away.

I also have some pictures.

1 Like

Re: A Drive Through Tinapa Resort In Calabar(2022 Review) What Exactly Happened? by nextdoorpal: 11:05am On May 26, 2022
Bbsharon:

**cheers**

If this is you on flick, then you're indeed a beauty Ma'am.
I think Tinapa failed due to inconsistencies in government transitioning, Gov. Imoke came through and failed to push the Tinapa idea like H.E. Gov D.D did, Ayade came n brought his own idea Cali-Vegas, none thought it wise to push the Tinapa vision onward.

Let's only hope for the best though.

1 Like

Re: A Drive Through Tinapa Resort In Calabar(2022 Review) What Exactly Happened? by Nobody: 12:14pm On May 26, 2022
Blame that incompetent dwarf of a governor, he has set back the progress of the state by 20 years.

Just because you call yourself of Prof. doesnt mean you possess the intelligence required to run a state.

People from the Northern part of the state are ashamed of you. angry
Re: A Drive Through Tinapa Resort In Calabar(2022 Review) What Exactly Happened? by Bbsharon(f): 12:38pm On May 26, 2022
highness25:
May failure not happen to us like this

Amen

1 Like

Re: A Drive Through Tinapa Resort In Calabar(2022 Review) What Exactly Happened? by Bbsharon(f): 12:40pm On May 26, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
Looks like Chernobyl grin

Hahahaha it’s sure heading that way
Re: A Drive Through Tinapa Resort In Calabar(2022 Review) What Exactly Happened? by Bbsharon(f): 12:40pm On May 26, 2022
27Pushing30:

When a visionary decides not to be a godfather like Tinubu what do you expect?

Interesting!!
Re: A Drive Through Tinapa Resort In Calabar(2022 Review) What Exactly Happened? by Bbsharon(f): 12:41pm On May 26, 2022
abeggnow:
is it government controled?? i mean state government controlled??
It was while still running effectively
Re: A Drive Through Tinapa Resort In Calabar(2022 Review) What Exactly Happened? by Bbsharon(f): 12:42pm On May 26, 2022
treatise:

Execution before feasibility study.
It was thought out well tho just poor continuity and maintenance
Re: A Drive Through Tinapa Resort In Calabar(2022 Review) What Exactly Happened? by Bbsharon(f): 12:42pm On May 26, 2022
onyyy:
....I was corper dere back in 2012/2013.. tinapa is collecting 150k/250k.. at times close to 400k per week from those shop at t mart.. how do u expect dose shops to survive.... Am saying PER WEEK NOT MONTH
That’s ridiculous

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Air Peace Passengers Asked To Delete Video In Lagos Before Boarding / NNPC Tanker Crashes Into Ambulance Conveying Corpse For Burial In Benue / Okada Made With Cow Head In Uganda (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.