Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,422 members, 7,815,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:07 PM

Buhari Meets APC Governors Others Ahead Of Presidential Primary - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Meets APC Governors Others Ahead Of Presidential Primary (28185 Views)

Buhari Hosts Adamu, Governors ,Others Ahead Of APC Presidential Primary / Anger As Presidency Boycotts Meeting With South South Governors, Others / APC Releases Obaseki’s WAEC Result, 5 Others Ahead Of Party’s Primaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Meets APC Governors Others Ahead Of Presidential Primary by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 8:11am On May 25, 2022
lansile:

And who told you the consensus candidate wouldn't be Tinubu?

It won't be Tinubu because he's still searching for cows and until he finds them, he has no hope.
Re: Buhari Meets APC Governors Others Ahead Of Presidential Primary by techWriter3: 8:13am On May 25, 2022
It is occurring
Re: Buhari Meets APC Governors Others Ahead Of Presidential Primary by jaxxy(m): 8:15am On May 25, 2022
tamdun:

Buhari has no power to force conscious on any body unless the aspirants come to an agreement

The party will ensure his decision and choice prevails.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Meets APC Governors Others Ahead Of Presidential Primary by Udemzy05: 8:18am On May 25, 2022
donphilopus:

SlaveOfAba, I hope you're aware the governors unanimously rejected anything that has to do with consensus? You'll cry on Monday by the time Tinubu emerges.

BTW, consensus can only happen if all aspirants agree to step down. You cannot force consensus on the party. But you're too dull to know this!

Has he sign the electoral amendment bill?
Re: Buhari Meets APC Governors Others Ahead Of Presidential Primary by donphilopus: 8:20am On May 25, 2022
Udemzy05:

Has he sign the electoral amendment bill?

He hasn't and there's no point signing it now.
Re: Buhari Meets APC Governors Others Ahead Of Presidential Primary by SledgeHammerer: 8:21am On May 25, 2022
Truthisunique2:
it's common sense, if it's tinubu then no need avoiding the primaries where he can bribe his way through by himself and win

Consensus is for candidate that needs edge

Consensus is primarily to reduce friction and make the process less cumbersome, it's not necessarily for any candidate that needs an edge. Una thought pattern dey irreparably damaged.

As a matter of fact consensus is seamless when the most popular aspirant is picked. Buhari was a consensus candidate in 2015 and he didn't need any edge because majority of the party stalwarts were with him. And again that didn't stop the others from contesting with him in the primary.

Una get brain problem sha.....

1 Like

Re: Buhari Meets APC Governors Others Ahead Of Presidential Primary by Udemzy05: 8:23am On May 25, 2022
donphilopus:

He hasn't and there's no point signing it now.

But you're saying consensus can only happen if all the aspirant agree,I thought this particular thing was amended in the new electoral bill that has not been signed yet.
Re: Buhari Meets APC Governors Others Ahead Of Presidential Primary by SledgeHammerer: 8:27am On May 25, 2022
Tinubu will be the consensus candidate. But it won't stop others from contesting with him in the primary same way it happened with Buhari in 2015.
Re: Buhari Meets APC Governors Others Ahead Of Presidential Primary by SledgeHammerer: 8:28am On May 25, 2022
Udemzy05:

But you're saying consensus can only happen if all the aspirant agree,I thought this particular thing was amended in the new electoral bill that has not been signed yet.

The amended version is solely on adding statutory delegates to give them the power to participate in the process. All other things are intact already.
Re: Buhari Meets APC Governors Others Ahead Of Presidential Primary by donphilopus: 8:30am On May 25, 2022
Udemzy05:

Whether he signs the bill or not, it has nothing to do with consensus. He may have his choice but if one of the aspirants refuses to step down for his choice, primaries would hold and a winner must emerge.
Re: Buhari Meets APC Governors Others Ahead Of Presidential Primary by mukthar2000(m): 8:35am On May 25, 2022
Bubu don't even care the violence all this their hypocrisy arrangement might cause withing their supporters and the Masses.

I pray I don't want to hear Haussa and Yoruba dey fight shaaa, ENOUGH OF INNOCENT BLOOD SHELLING.

Re: Buhari Meets APC Governors Others Ahead Of Presidential Primary by Udemzy05: 8:37am On May 25, 2022
donphilopus:

Whether he signs the bill or not, it has nothing to do with consensus. He may have his choice but if one of the aspirants refuses to step down for his choice, primaries would hold and a winner must emerge.

You don't understand my point,I thought this particular settings is only in the bill Buhari has refuse to sign.
Re: Buhari Meets APC Governors Others Ahead Of Presidential Primary by Udemzy05: 8:37am On May 25, 2022
SledgeHammerer:

The amended version is solely on adding statutory delegates to give them the power to participate in the process. All other things are intact already.

Oh now I get it.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Meets APC Governors Others Ahead Of Presidential Primary by Feggie3: 8:47am On May 25, 2022
gasparpisciotta:
Buhari should not play with fire, consensus arrangement will be detrimental to the fortunes of APC if not handled with plenty sense and tact.
Anything to destroy that demonic party and send it to abyss is welcomed.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Meets APC Governors Others Ahead Of Presidential Primary by ufuosman(m): 8:52am On May 25, 2022
Amaechi or Osinbajo
Re: Buhari Meets APC Governors Others Ahead Of Presidential Primary by IMPARTIAL: 8:54am On May 25, 2022
After he has told them his preferred candidate.

Re: Buhari Meets APC Governors Others Ahead Of Presidential Primary by Feggie3: 8:59am On May 25, 2022
Keepamsafe:
Omoh. The ball has entered my court.

But, I’m so disappointed. It irks me when people say “buhari”s candidate” or wanting to know Buharia”s favorite candidate.

Is that how it’s supposed to be in a democratic government? Isn’t that Godfatherism in broad day light

Damn blooooddy!
Buying of people's mindsets and their votes should be completely banned in Nigerian politics. Is that what you call democracy?

Hypocrite! That is not democracy!!
Re: Buhari Meets APC Governors Others Ahead Of Presidential Primary by Duru009(m): 9:01am On May 25, 2022
APC will either go with ....

GEJ

Osinbajo

Amaechi

........take it or leave it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Meets APC Governors Others Ahead Of Presidential Primary by Jollylolly(f): 9:01am On May 25, 2022
tamdun:

Buhari has no power to force conscious on any body unless the aspirants come to an agreement

I cant help but foirst laugh at this your comment MR.

But did he (TINUBU) ever allowed others to aspire in LAgos state? What kinda hypocrasy is this na

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Meets APC Governors Others Ahead Of Presidential Primary by Putinofrussia: 9:01am On May 25, 2022
Siwel25:

It is bitterness towards Tinubu that is making them say that. They know their preferred candidates cannot beat the man who started the APC merger talks so they want to get the ticket via the backdoor.

Even in Lagos where they criticise Tinubu of godfatherism, Primaries are always held even after anointing one candidate. He allows primaries to show that the people are with him but these clowns want to reap where they did not sow.

What even makes them think Buhari will risk dividing the party and go against Tinubu? People like Shettima, Ganduje, Al-Makura, Oyetola, Sanwo Olu, Masari and Zulum are not paperweights. Shettima has even proven that many of those Northerners were against Buhari initially but Tinubu stood with him.

Posterity is set to judge Buhari and I expect him to do the needful. We hear he has refused to endorse our Veepee and that's why he is running helter-skelter.lolz.

No matter what Buhari or anybody does,Tinubu will triumph.
Write this somewhere.
God always triumphs.
Nigeria needs growth and Tinubu has a midas touch.It is a gift from God,The Sublimest.
Nigeria needs Tinubu at this moment.
Re: Buhari Meets APC Governors Others Ahead Of Presidential Primary by Gozac: 9:07am On May 25, 2022
Siwel25:

It is bitterness towards Tinubu that is making them say that. They know their preferred candidates cannot beat the man who started the APC merger talks so they want to get the ticket via the backdoor.

Even in Lagos where they criticise Tinubu of godfatherism, Primaries are always held even after anointing one candidate. He allows primaries to show that the people are with him but these clowns want to reap where they did not sow.

What even makes them think Buhari will risk dividing the party and go against Tinubu? People like Shettima, Ganduje, Al-Makura, Oyetola, Sanwo Olu, Masari and Zulum are not paperweights. Shettima has even proven that many of those Northerners were against Buhari initially but Tinubu stood with him.

Posterity is set to judge Buhari and I expect him to do the needful. We hear he has refused to endorse our Veepee and that's why he is running helter-skelter.lolz.
Tinubu is too frail and senile to lead Nigeria now. Forget all these your talks APC need energetic person
Tinubu should take a bow from politics and enjoy his retirement and remain a god father and king maker

1 Like

Re: Buhari Meets APC Governors Others Ahead Of Presidential Primary by wonder233: 9:10am On May 25, 2022
He has no soul. He is a paid troll, willing to sacrifice his future and that of his kids cos of tribalism. He hates the ibos so much, he wouldn't mind living in perpetual poverty just to spite them. He is also a big coward, so cowardly that even on an anonymous forum, he refers to himself in plural form to avoid taking personal responsibility for his comments
Tifesingz:
I don’t know if you are being paid or you’ve been programmed to support Buhari and his failed administration but it baffles me when I see your big big grammars only for it to end up with praising the lifeless. Please change, stop fgs! It’s pure wickedness!! Or you want me to pray to God to run your life and that of your family the way Buhari has been running Nigeria?

PLEASE STOP!!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Meets APC Governors Others Ahead Of Presidential Primary by Gozac: 9:16am On May 25, 2022
mukthar2000:
Bubu don't even care the violence all this their hypocrisy arrangement might cause withing their supporters and the Masses.

I pray I don't want to hear Haussa and Yoruba dey fight shaaa, ENOUGH OF INNOCENT BLOOD SHELLING.
Which violence, nothing will happen, if you feel aggrieved you can try your luck in another party. You people should demonizing consensus arrangement. It has been successful adopted and used in Lagos and has protected the party from rancor

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Meets APC Governors Others Ahead Of Presidential Primary by deeva2: 9:19am On May 25, 2022
ANY GAME OR PLAN THAT WILL BRING THE PRESIDENCY TO THE SOUTH IS WELCOM
Re: Buhari Meets APC Governors Others Ahead Of Presidential Primary by PrinceOfLagos: 9:21am On May 25, 2022
77up:
Be a man and stick to your word to deactivate this account if Tinubu win the primary.
Tinubu never win both primary or concensus so let's wait till that time

It's few days away
Re: Buhari Meets APC Governors Others Ahead Of Presidential Primary by timefarm(m): 9:44am On May 25, 2022
Tifesingz:
I don’t know if you are being paid or you’ve been programmed to support Buhari and his failed administration but it baffles me when I see your big big grammars only for it to end up with praising the lifeless. Please change, stop fgs! It’s pure wickedness!! Or you want me to pray to God to run your life and that of your family the way Buhari has been running Nigeria?

PLEASE STOP!!
That Mannabbq
Advising him is like waste of time.
His stupididty has no solution.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Meets APC Governors Others Ahead Of Presidential Primary by dat9jaguy(m): 9:45am On May 25, 2022
Tifesingz:

PLEASE STOP!!

Which kind of defeatist attitude is this?
Talk your own, make himself talk him own.
Abi you gree say him voice loud pass your own?

Re: Buhari Meets APC Governors Others Ahead Of Presidential Primary by okorogodwin4(m): 9:47am On May 25, 2022
The meeting is centred on how to tame the bullion van thief and his skull mining vulture grillers

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Meets APC Governors Others Ahead Of Presidential Primary by mukthar2000(m): 9:53am On May 25, 2022
Gozac:

Which violence, nothing will happen, if you feel aggrieved you can try your luck in another party. You people should demonizing consensus arrangement. It has been successful adopted and used in Lagos and has protected the party from rancor
what do u think with the meeting arrangement bubu was having with the Presidential aspirants? What do u think if the meeting did not in favour of jagban and decamp to SDP and still his ambition is not achieved their? Hope peoples would be save from hoodloms arrassment? well bubu should just set things well shaaa
Re: Buhari Meets APC Governors Others Ahead Of Presidential Primary by Truthisunique2: 10:01am On May 25, 2022
SledgeHammerer:

Consensus is primarily to reduce friction and make the process less cumbersome, it's not necessarily for any candidate that needs an edge. Una thought pattern dey irreparably damaged.

As a matter of fact consensus is seamless when the most popular aspirant is picked. Buhari was a consensus candidate in 2015 and he didn't need any edge because majority of the party stalwarts were with him. And again that didn't stop the others from contesting with him in the primary.

Una get brain problem sha.....
I am happy una don dey shift goalpost to beautify this consesus

How una left everyone must contest with open field to beautifing consesus can only be understood by una

There are two types of consesus

There is the one the candidate come together to avoid wasting resources and friction and elect one person among them which is usually the most popular (this is the one you are talking about)

There is the other consensus where a leader or godfather introduces to get his own candidate as flagbearer, in this case like buhari the leader have a preferred choice and have the ability to bend every aspirants to it

Na the second consensus APC dey use

1 Like

Re: Buhari Meets APC Governors Others Ahead Of Presidential Primary by Truthisunique2: 10:08am On May 25, 2022
Putinofrussia:

Write this somewhere.
God always triumphs.
Nigeria needs growth and Tinubu has a midas touch.It is a gift from God,The Sublimest.
make una dey console una selves like this because some go soon drink sniper with the hope they placed on Tinubu winning

The fact you have shifted to God shows how much Tinubu is out of tricks in the chess game

Na general market buhari give am so, he has been boxed, every activity in APC calendar have now stopped indefinitely waiting for buhari to decide

Of which Buhari next move is his consensus meeting to get his result or some are screened out if they have two head

1 Like

Re: Buhari Meets APC Governors Others Ahead Of Presidential Primary by Nobody: 10:09am On May 25, 2022
Putinofrussia:

Write this somewhere.
God always triumphs.

Ure right apart from the fact that he deserves it.

That jibe from Akeredolu shows how many Party members feel about our VeePee. Everyone knows who deserves what apart from the fact that Prof doesn't have any positive record to showcase.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Phillip Shaibu Buys Keke For A Victim Of Reckless Driving By His Convoy (Pics) / Quit Notice: El-Rufai Playing With Fire Over Arrest Warrant – Arewa Youths / Otunba Akinyele Arrested For Fraud In London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.