Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,149 members, 7,860,122 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:08 AM

Boko Haram: Lagos, Delta, Ekiti Evacuate Over 1, 500 Students From Borno - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram: Lagos, Delta, Ekiti Evacuate Over 1, 500 Students From Borno (5969 Views)

Soldiers Clear Boko Haram Militants From Borno Town / Card Reader Test: Exercise Good So Far In Lagos, Delta / Boko Haram Lagos - Abuja Threat: Should Jonathan Appear On AIT? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko Haram: Lagos, Delta, Ekiti Evacuate Over 1, 500 Students From Borno by aljharem3: 4:40am On Jul 17, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

What was your point? smiley

that a united nigeria would be better than fractions since we have fractions within ourselves smiley
Re: Boko Haram: Lagos, Delta, Ekiti Evacuate Over 1, 500 Students From Borno by Nobody: 6:10am On Jul 17, 2011
alj_harem:

well said, yes u do understand nigeria

but with all you said, that is why i have always asked for people to be open minded

i know of the division in the north, even between the hausa against the fulani

the yorubas in kwara against the fulani

the beroms and southern kaduna

the ngwa against the arochuwkws

the ijebu against the egbas

the ife against modakeke

the ijaw against itsekiri

ijaw against igbo

ibibio against efik

ibadan against OYO

esan against the bini

ikwerri against the igbo

etc

it is not just yoruba vs igbo vs hausa

even within all this groups, there are fractions that are fighting among themselves

so if we say that, then why are wer going to divide nigeria at the first place knowing that we all would fight among ourselves

it would make no sense

ok let me give u an example

AREWA REPUBLIC

kanuri would fight for there independences like we always do, southern kaduna would do the same, idoma, igala etc would all fight

even kebbi vs sokoto go dey

ODUDUA REPUBLIC

awori would fight against egba, ijebu agianst illorin, ife against modakeke

etc

Niger delta republic

A FAIL PROJECT FROM THE START UNLESS WE all want genocide to happen against small minorities

NDIGBO REPUBLIC

Ngwa vs arochukwu, oka vs ufuma, mbasi vs imo people etc

so once nigeria divides, we all kill ourselves and that is a fact

instead, lets see what unites us the biggest country in BLACK WORLD cool

Boko haram is not loved in the north and any northerner that loves him needs to be stoned angry

we can not say because of Boko haram, we should divide this country

I remember what MEND and OPC have done, did the country divide NO!!!!

so when is Boko haram, then country needs to divide

that is not right wink

Actually, the trouble in Yoruba land long died,  Egbas don't fight Ilorin lol ,  I think you are adding your own troubles there hahahahaha

Ileke idi can't act as if there is no trouble in Ekiti seriously,  All it will take for the percieved trouble in Yoruba land will be for the kings to swallow their prides,

The trouble basically isn't among the people at all. It's just among new generation politically motivated monarchs who really don't have any idea what their roles are,

Please, I don't know about OPC and their trouble (I'm serious I don't) I didn't pay attention at all when the trouble was on,

The trouble about Dividing Nigeria seriously isn't from Yoruba land,  Instead it lies in places with high concentration of smaller groups,

There is absolutely nothing wrong with those small groups having their own nation really. Eritrea is smaller than Kwara state lol,

In all honesty, we all need our spaces not just to grow but to also have respect for each other.

The more we stay in the union, the more we disrespect each other and severe the lineage that actually binds us together which is Africanism

No nation is too small Alj Harem,  Our goals keep hindering each other in many ways. Ones a Yoruba man messes up, the entire tribe face persecution.

Let's be honest, when Obasanjo messed up, how many Yoruba man pointed to him being an Egba man? None, they simply accepted a Yoruba man messed up (That's to show you no discord among Yorubas to an extent of mistrust)

The political/territorial persecutions the Northerners face are a result of what the past Northern leaders did,

I believe dividing Nigeria is a coward's way of making things better but it does make things better truly and people will rather be guilty of cowardice in this situation,

If you read about the civil war, the same events leading to the civil war are playing out again. (Political mistrust, killing of non indigenes in the North etc, )

I don't think the nation will survive another civil war if any is to break out,

All different tribes deserve a nation on their own seriously. Our interactions with each other on a political level is bringing nothing but hate, 

Our interaction going from power to political affect other innocent platforms of interactions which includes economical and socio-cultural.

The effects of these interaction not being strictly based on the innocent interactions above has led to the mess we now call Nigeria,

The Igbos will never ever forget the civil war because I don't think any tribe in Nigeria has experienced death on such a massive scale let's be honest here,

I understand Igbos some times when they are paranoid, cry babies and whiners seriously! Death on such scale is genocidal extinction.

Do you think they can trust any but themselves? What Nigeria has done is unite the Igbos more I don't think Igbos were that general in tribal issues before

Even uptill now, you'll see some clans in Igbo still disagree with each other in politics but in the big picture, Igbos remain ONE just like Yorubas, Ijaw, Hausas  etc,

The only platform we have to legitimately disrespect ourselves, hinder each other's goals, take over others' land etc,  is Nigeria and that is why it can't work,

Obviously if we can put all that aside, and fight for another region like you would yours, Nigeria will be great!

But untill something brainwashes us to trust each other again, it can not happen,

When you look at the level at which average Nigerians interact with each other, you will know that the problem is in the big picture not on the streets,

I have dined with Igbo people much more than I have Yorubas and in all honesty, they are loveable for their uniqueness seriously.

Our problem is in the big picture. Yorubas have a common goal, Hausas have a common goal, Igbos have a common goal, Ijaws have a common goal etc,

The problem is each tribe's big picture can not be painted in green and white alone.

Unless each tribe is allowed to go look for the ink with which they will paint their tribe's big picture, we will always get in the ways of others when they are looking for green and white!!!!

I hope you understand Alj Harem,  I personally, it's not that I'll like Nigeria to just divide like that, but the division has been there since the inception of Nigeria.

Nigeria was born with this division it wasn't a process.

If only people can see Boko Haram as a Nigerian problem, if only people can actually respect the constitution and not bring religious bigotry into the nation and disrespect our beautiful B.I.B.L.E (The constitution).
Re: Boko Haram: Lagos, Delta, Ekiti Evacuate Over 1, 500 Students From Borno by Nobody: 6:16am On Jul 17, 2011
Ileke idi can't act as if there is no trouble in Ekiti seriously,  All it will take for the percieved trouble in Yoruba land will be for the kings to swallow their prides,

I beg to differ. What trouble?
Go to Ekiti, the ground is made of gold, the birds sing to you, the trees hug you as you go buy. The animals walk in a perfect line, even their waste is made of diamonds. Perfect utopia.

Any evidence of trouble you want to tell us about?
Re: Boko Haram: Lagos, Delta, Ekiti Evacuate Over 1, 500 Students From Borno by Nobody: 6:26am On Jul 17, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

I beg to differ. What trouble?
Go to Ekiti, the ground is made of gold, the birds sing to you, the trees hug you as you go buy. The animals walk in a perfect line, even their waste is made of diamonds. Perfect utopia.

Any evidence of trouble you want to tell us about?

uhmm how about the University issue? Location of a university something like that, But year that is a minor issue actually

My bad!!!
Re: Boko Haram: Lagos, Delta, Ekiti Evacuate Over 1, 500 Students From Borno by Nobody: 6:28am On Jul 17, 2011
9jaganja:

uhmm how about the University issue? Location of a university something like that, But year that is a minor issue actually

My bad!!!
Yea, how about it?

I'm not quite getting what you're trying to say. Nothing wrong with utopia.
Re: Boko Haram: Lagos, Delta, Ekiti Evacuate Over 1, 500 Students From Borno by Nobody: 7:11am On Jul 17, 2011
Hey don't get ms sassy me aight? If that ain't clear enough to you, sue your optician!!

Yea nothing wrong with utopia!!!
Re: Boko Haram: Lagos, Delta, Ekiti Evacuate Over 1, 500 Students From Borno by Nobody: 7:22am On Jul 17, 2011
9jaganja:

Hey don't get ms sassy me aight? If that ain't clear enough to you, sue your optician!!

Yea nothing wrong with utopia!!!

My optician said you should make an appointment with him.

If nothing is wrong with utopia, nothing is wrong with Ekiti. Ekiti; The heartbeat of Nigeria, the brain of NIgeria, the eyes of Nigeria, the . . . .
Re: Boko Haram: Lagos, Delta, Ekiti Evacuate Over 1, 500 Students From Borno by Nobody: 8:13am On Jul 17, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

My optician said you should make an appointment with him.

If nothing is wrong with utopia, nothing is wrong with Ekiti. Ekiti; The heartbeat of Nigeria, the brain of NIgeria, the eyes of Nigeria, the . . . .

Tell the optician I can't use sub-par spectacles like the ones he/she gave you,

Ekiti mountains are cuter than you tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Boko Haram: Lagos, Delta, Ekiti Evacuate Over 1, 500 Students From Borno by oge4real(f): 8:19am On Jul 17, 2011
This is a step in the right direction, very soon all other citizens will follow suit.
Re: Boko Haram: Lagos, Delta, Ekiti Evacuate Over 1, 500 Students From Borno by Nobody: 8:22am On Jul 17, 2011
9jaganja:

Tell the optician I can't use sub-par spectacles like the ones he/she gave you,

Ekiti mountains are cuter than you tongue tongue tongue tongue

The mountains said "thank you".  cheesy
Re: Boko Haram: Lagos, Delta, Ekiti Evacuate Over 1, 500 Students From Borno by Nobody: 8:36am On Jul 17, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

The mountains said "thank you".  cheesy

lol,

Ikogosi hot spring is the best still fo real,

Now leave me alone; I'm not looking for a wifey tongue tongue tongue hahahahaha
Re: Boko Haram: Lagos, Delta, Ekiti Evacuate Over 1, 500 Students From Borno by Nobody: 8:39am On Jul 17, 2011
9jaganja:

lol,

Ikogosi hot spring is the best still fo real,

Now leave me alone; I'm not looking for a wifey tongue tongue tongue hahahahaha

No prob, I'll take my husband search to the next thread.

Ekiti is the best iz all I've got to say!
Re: Boko Haram: Lagos, Delta, Ekiti Evacuate Over 1, 500 Students From Borno by rosamosqy(m): 8:59am On Jul 17, 2011
So what next Will the schools in their various states reabsurb these students so as to complete their education
Re: Boko Haram: Lagos, Delta, Ekiti Evacuate Over 1, 500 Students From Borno by monex(m): 9:55am On Jul 17, 2011
@ alj_harem. u are generalizing O. where did u get Esan vs bini. travelling to a lot of places does not mean knowledge of the culture. Esan vs Bini exists only in ur imagination.
Re: Boko Haram: Lagos, Delta, Ekiti Evacuate Over 1, 500 Students From Borno by deadie(m): 11:42am On Jul 17, 2011
alj_harem:

well said, yes u do understand nigeria

but with all you said, that is why i have always asked for people to be open minded

i know of the division in the north, even between the hausa against the fulani

the yorubas in kwara against the fulani

the beroms and southern kaduna

the ngwa against the arochuwkws

the ijebu against the egbas

the ife against modakeke

the ijaw against itsekiri

ijaw against igbo

ibibio against efik

ibadan against OYO

esan against the bini

ikwerri against the igbo

etc

it is not just yoruba vs igbo vs hausa

even within all this groups, there are fractions that are fighting among themselves

so if we say that, then why are wer going to divide nigeria at the first place knowing that we all would fight among ourselves

it would make no sense

ok let me give u an example

AREWA REPUBLIC

kanuri would fight for there independences like we always do, southern kaduna would do the same, idoma, igala etc would all fight

even kebbi vs sokoto go dey

ODUDUA REPUBLIC

awori would fight against egba, ijebu agianst illorin, ife against modakeke

etc

Niger delta republic

A FAIL PROJECT FROM THE START UNLESS WE all want genocide to happen against small minorities

NDIGBO REPUBLIC

[b]Ngwa vs arochukwu, [/b]oka vs ufuma, mbasi vs imo people etc

so once nigeria divides, we all kill ourselves and that is a fact

instead, lets see what unites us the biggest country in BLACK WORLD cool

Boko haram is not loved in the north and any northerner that loves him needs to be stoned angry

we can not say because of Boko haram, we should divide this country

I remember what MEND and OPC have done, did the country divide NO!!!!

so when is Boko haram, then country needs to divide

that is not right wink

Come, wia u dey get your news from? Palm wine joint abi na wazobiareporters? Arochukwu against Ngwa? Different political blocks and opinions doesn't make people enemies, I hope you realise that. Abeg, when you want to comment, try and make it factual.
Re: Boko Haram: Lagos, Delta, Ekiti Evacuate Over 1, 500 Students From Borno by Abuloma80(f): 8:11pm On Jul 17, 2011
@jason1123
Officials of the Government House were on hand to attend to the need of the evacuees.
In Ekiti, the students were also given stipends to transport themselves to their respective homes.
The president of Federation of Ekiti State Students Union (FESSU),

This is where and when their government are known best at, to come to their assistance only when
it becomes public as such. Why couldn't they admit the students into their numerous Higher institutions, in the first place?
Re: Boko Haram: Lagos, Delta, Ekiti Evacuate Over 1, 500 Students From Borno by aljharem3: 9:02pm On Jul 17, 2011
9jaganja:

Actually, the trouble in Yoruba land long died,  Egbas don't fight Ilorin lol ,  I think you are adding your own troubles there hahahahaha

The trouble basically isn't among the people at all. It's just among new generation politically motivated monarchs who really don't have any idea what their roles are,

Please, I don't know about OPC and their trouble (I'm serious I don't) I didn't pay attention at all when the trouble was on,

The trouble about Dividing Nigeria seriously isn't from Yoruba land,  Instead it lies in places with high concentration of smaller groups,

There is absolutely nothing wrong with those small groups having their own nation really. Eritrea is smaller than Kwara state lol,

In all honesty, we all need our spaces not just to grow but to also have respect for each other.

The more we stay in the union, the more we disrespect each other and severe the lineage that actually binds us together which is Africanism

No nation is too small Alj Harem,  Our goals keep hindering each other in many ways. Ones a Yoruba man messes up, the entire tribe face persecution.

Let's be honest, when Obasanjo messed up, how many Yoruba man pointed to him being an Egba man? None, they simply accepted a Yoruba man messed up (That's to show you no discord among Yorubas to an extent of mistrust)

The political/territorial persecutions the Northerners face are a result of what the past Northern leaders did,

I believe dividing Nigeria is a coward's way of making things better but it does make things better truly and people will rather be guilty of cowardice in this situation,

If you read about the civil war, the same events leading to the civil war are playing out again. (Political mistrust, killing of non indigenes in the North etc, )

I don't think the nation will survive another civil war if any is to break out,

All different tribes deserve a nation on their own seriously. Our interactions with each other on a political level is bringing nothing but hate, 

Our interaction going from power to political affect other innocent platforms of interactions which includes economical and socio-cultural.

The effects of these interaction not being strictly based on the innocent interactions above has led to the mess we now call Nigeria,

The Igbos will never ever forget the civil war because I don't think any tribe in Nigeria has experienced death on such a massive scale let's be honest here,

I understand Igbos some times when they are paranoid, cry babies and whiners seriously! Death on such scale is genocidal extinction.

Do you think they can trust any but themselves? What Nigeria has done is unite the Igbos more I don't think Igbos were that general in tribal issues before

Even uptill now, you'll see some clans in Igbo still disagree with each other in politics but in the big picture, Igbos remain ONE just like Yorubas, Ijaw, Hausas  etc,

The only platform we have to legitimately disrespect ourselves, hinder each other's goals, take over others' land etc,  is Nigeria and that is why it can't work,

Obviously if we can put all that aside, and fight for another region like you would yours, Nigeria will be great!

But untill something brainwashes us to trust each other again, it can not happen,

When you look at the level at which average Nigerians interact with each other, you will know that the problem is in the big picture not on the streets,

I have dined with Igbo people much more than I have Yorubas and in all honesty, they are loveable for their uniqueness seriously.

Our problem is in the big picture. Yorubas have a common goal, Hausas have a common goal, Igbos have a common goal, Ijaws have a common goal etc,

The problem is each tribe's big picture can not be painted in green and white alone.

Unless each tribe is allowed to go look for the ink with which they will paint their tribe's big picture, we will always get in the ways of others when they are looking for green and white!!!!

I hope you understand Alj Harem,  I personally, it's not that I'll like Nigeria to just divide like that, but the division has been there since the inception of Nigeria.

Nigeria was born with this division it wasn't a process.

If only people can see Boko Haram as a Nigerian problem, if only people can actually respect the constitution and not bring religious bigotry into the nation and disrespect our beautiful B.I.B.L.E (The constitution).

sorry for the late reply

point well taken an understood

Ok my brother i would give u a senario

In china today, we have tibet, cantoneses and marginaese. Have they divided ? NO

in canada today, we have the french speaking culture and the english speaking culture? ain't they great

Although I turly see ur point but till what end are we going to divide to. 100 countries!!!!!

But yes lets see how nigeria would be after 2015

thanks for the great responds
Re: Boko Haram: Lagos, Delta, Ekiti Evacuate Over 1, 500 Students From Borno by drstone1: 9:34pm On Jul 17, 2011
Read and observe carefully the sign of the times- POWER HAS CHANGED HANDS IN NIGERIA. And even with this ugly acts of the boko guys, this change is in the direction of good luck,not bad luck. It is d end of d dominant reign of uthman dan fodio's empire.
Re: Boko Haram: Lagos, Delta, Ekiti Evacuate Over 1, 500 Students From Borno by Nobody: 1:55am On Jul 18, 2011
alj_harem:

that a united nigeria would be better than fractions since we have fractions within ourselves smiley

On the basis of EXACTLY WHAT? I have followed this thread from begining to the end and you are yet to provide a SALIENT advantage for us remaining "united". We are CLEARLY NOT united in any form at present, what difference would it make should we go our separate ways? Is there more to the fact that MOSTLY NORTHERNERS spout the "we are better united" empty phrase?

alj_harem:

sorry for the late reply

In china today, we have tibet, cantoneses and marginaese. Have they divided ? NO

This is nonsense and betrays your lack of common history. Yes Tibet is yet to split from China only because the Chinese military is essentially occupying Tibet. There is a reason China was unhappy the Dalai Lama met with Obama yesterday.

alj_harem:

in canada today, we have the french speaking culture and the english speaking culture? ain't they great

Nonsense. Quebec (french-speaking part of Canada) once mooted a plan to split from Canada. That they remain together does not detract from the fact that nations with almost a 50:50 split of muslims and another religious group pretty much end up splitting! Sudan, India-Pakistan-Bangladesh, Bosnia e.t.c!

alj_harem:

Although I turly see your point but till what end are we going to divide to. 100 countries!!!!!

Lets start with carving out the north first so they can have their sharia law in peace. How the rest of us decide to split should not be your problem.

alj_harem:

Hopefully if boko haram hasnt turned us into Pakistan part 2.

The problem i have with many here is the naive nonsense. Al qaeda started out as a bunch of renegades . . . the world told us to ignore them . . . today Afghanistan and Pakistan are on the verge of collapse.

If the south thinks mere repatriation of its citizens from Borno is the answer to the problem, best of luck to the rest of you.
Re: Boko Haram: Lagos, Delta, Ekiti Evacuate Over 1, 500 Students From Borno by Nobody: 2:47am On Jul 18, 2011
alj_harem:

sorry for the late reply

Although I turly see your point but till what end are we going to divide to. 100 countries!!!!!

thanks for the great responds

I think DavidDylan replied you,

Canada first of all is politically stable and the french really are a minority in Canada but they are in Canada because they get incentives from the govt to remain Canadians,

B.C joined Canada through a deal which was to build a rail to B.C from I think Ontario. B.C was lured in with a deal, Canada basically became Canada through deals from the center

Quebec has it's own immigration laws you know that?

Plus Canada has a system that ensures no province has a platform to disrespect the other like Nigeria does

Is the North willing to let each region control their resources instead of FG?

And Quebec has a legit separatists party (Bloc quebecois),

As for China, we are comparing apples and oranges here, And no; Tibet has been trying to break free for a long time!

You see, Nigeria won't be the first nation to divide and division isn't a big deal really!!!
Re: Boko Haram: Lagos, Delta, Ekiti Evacuate Over 1, 500 Students From Borno by aljharem3: 2:58am On Jul 18, 2011
davidylan:

On the basis of EXACTLY WHAT? I have followed this thread from begining to the end and you are yet to provide a SALIENT advantage for us remaining "united". We are CLEARLY NOT united in any form at present, what difference would it make should we go our separate ways? Is there more to the fact that MOSTLY NORTHERNERS spout the "we are better united" empty phrase?

Ok you want to hear the Salient advantage.

1.) Creation of a sense of unity among the 3 major ethnic group:- Not for once in history has the SE and SW and the north have a common goal among themselves.

I am sure if u are igbo, you have heard of arochukwus ever forming a country in "peace" with lets say Ngwa. or if you are yoruba, have u not heard to the egba vs ijebu

in the igbo nation alone, i can say we have about 20 nations in itself and north we have about 20 nations again. there is no denying that. the only reason this small groups come together to form a big ethnic group is because of common interest or let me put it greed.

2.) The journey has begun:- Since the amalgamation, we have already signed an argument to be together. there has been a lot of intermixing and today in nigeria, we have half hausa/half igbo etc. where do u suggest this people to go. or should they break there homes because of some people can't tolerate each other.

3.) what happens to investments of people in different region

lastly, i would leave you with this, a single stick can be broken but bunch of sticks are harder to break.much harder

davidylan:

This is nonsense and betrays your lack of common history. Yes Tibet is yet to split from China only because the Chinese military is essentially occupying Tibet. There is a reason China was unhappy the Dalai Lama met with Obama yesterday.

Nonsense. Quebec (french-speaking part of Canada) once mooted a plan to split from Canada. That they remain together does not detract from the fact that nations with almost a 50:50 split of muslims and another religious group pretty much end up splitting! Sudan, India-Pakistan-Bangladesh, Bosnia e.t.c!

don't know much about foreign countries so i can talk about it much. i just used them as an analogy

davidylan:

Lets start with carving out the north first so they can have their sharia law in peace. How the rest of us decide to split should not be your problem.

I have put times without number on this forum that it is not only the north that practise sharia. your precious Lagos have 3 sharia court in it. and majority of the SW states. would u carve out lagos and other SW as well.

davidylan:

The problem i have with many here is the naive nonsense. Al qaeda started out as a bunch of renegades . . . the world told us to ignore them . . . today Afghanistan and Pakistan are on the verge of collapse.

If the south thinks mere repatriation of its citizens from Borno is the answer to the problem, best of luck to the rest of you.

naivity!!! what are you talking about

did MEND not start the same way, why did the north not call for split. but when the north does something, it is call to spilt this country

did the north ever wanted to be in the country at the first place?
Re: Boko Haram: Lagos, Delta, Ekiti Evacuate Over 1, 500 Students From Borno by aljharem3: 3:01am On Jul 18, 2011
9jaganja:

I think DavidDylan replied you,

Canada first of all is politically stable and the french really are a minority in Canada but they are in Canada because they get incentives from the govt to remain Canadians,

B.C joined Canada through a deal which was to build a rail to B.C from I think Ontario. B.C was lured in with a deal, Canada basically became Canada through deals from the center

Quebec has it's own immigration laws you know that?

Plus Canada has a system that ensures no province has a platform to disrespect the other like Nigeria does

Is the North willing to let each region control their resources instead of FG?

And Quebec has a legit separatists party (Bloc quebecois),

As for China, we are comparing apples and oranges here, And no; Tibet has been trying to break free for a long time!

You see, Nigeria won't be the first nation to divide and division isn't a big deal really!!!

my brother, how was ur day? hope it want well Insha Allah

at the bolded part, yes it is not a big deal. but before we call it a quit there are some issue i raised that i think you and david should look at

thanks
Re: Boko Haram: Lagos, Delta, Ekiti Evacuate Over 1, 500 Students From Borno by Nobody: 7:14am On Jul 18, 2011
alj_harem:

Ok you want to hear the Salient advantage.

I hope you understand the meaning of that word because just a cursory glance at your post makes me shake my head in wonder . . . is any of you "unity" folks capable of any deep reasoning?

alj_harem:

1.) Creation of a sense of unity among the 3 major ethnic group:- Not for once in history has the SE and SW and the north have a common goal among themselves.

What arrant BS.
1. Creation of a "sense of unity"? How? Where? We have been through 1 civil war (the echoes of Biafra exist till tomorrow), we have been through one coup (Orkar coup of 1990) that was intended to carve out the core north including Borno. Which sense of unity? The one that exists where southerners are constantly being repatriated from the north? The one where MEND is fighting for absolute control of their resources? The one where northerners go on riot because a southerner dared win elections?
The one where federal character and quota system RULES GALORE?

lol unity indeed. You must be blind as a bat.

alj_harem:

I am sure if u are igbo, you have heard of arochukwus ever forming a country in "peace" with lets say Ngwa. or if you are yoruba, have u not heard to the egba vs ijebu

Again BS! I am technically egba while my dad is ijebu, we (as a people) have lived in the same ogun state for decades with no problems at all. The problem with nigeria is the forced "unity" whereby disparate cultures are forced into virtual states that only exist in the minds of those for whom federal allocation is the goal. Give these smaller entities autonomy within a larger state and your problem is solved.

alj_harem:

in the igbo nation alone, i can say we have about 20 nations in itself and north we have about 20 nations again. there is no denying that. the only reason this small groups come together to form a big ethnic group is because of common interest or let me put it greed.

1. Greed is the only reason the north stays put while shouting "unity" and slaughtering anyone who doesnt worship or look like them.

2. There is NO COMMON interest that binds north and south, anyone still peddling this falsehood must be blind.

alj_harem:

2.) The journey has begun:- Since the amalgamation, we have already signed an argument to be together. there has been a lot of intermixing and today in nigeria, we have half hausa/half igbo etc. where do u suggest this people to go. or should they break there homes because of some people can't tolerate each other.

We have half Kenyans-half Americans, should we now claim Kenya as America's 51st state? So because an ijebu married a hausa we should remain one nation automatically? What of the marriages in south or north sudan? Did you hear of mass divorces?

lol you wonder how these people passed any exams.

alj_harem:

3.) what happens to investments of people in different region

What happened to the investments of the igbos after losing the civil war? they remain part of you today, did you give them back?
If any block suffer a loss of investments it will largely be the south, the north has nothing but oil to lose.

alj_harem:

lastly, i would leave you with this, a single stick can be broken but bunch of sticks are harder to break.much harder

I will leave you with FACTS not stupid proverbs - India split from Pakistan decades ago, i can tell you 100% of Indians are grateful to have made that decision and their country is MUCH STRONGER for it. Leave that BS about bunch of sticks aside dude.

alj_harem:

don't know much about foreign countries so i can talk about it much. i just used them as an analogy

You dont know about foreign countries, but you use them as an analogy? An analogy of ignorance?

alj_harem:

I have put times without number on this forum that it is not only the north that practise sharia. your precious Lagos have 3 sharia court in it. and majority of the SW states. would u carve out lagos and other SW as well.

SW muslims are not threatening to enforce sharia laws on us at the pain of death.

alj_harem:

naivity!!! what are you talking about

did MEND not start the same way, why did the north not call for split. but when the north does something, it is call to spilt this country

Apples to oranges dude! MEND is fighting for seccession! Not fighting to cut off our heads while screaming "unity". They have a LEGITIMATE grievance . . . northern thieves and brigands raping their oil while producing next to nothing!

alj_harem:

did the north ever wanted to be in the country at the first place?

The biggest mistake Zik and co made. We should have formed our own country in 1958 and left the north to become another Niger part 2. If the north didnt want to be in the country in the first place then why are they fighting SO HARD to keep it "one" today? What is it that they want to keep together BY FORCE? Could it be they are aware they would be no better than Chad without the south?
Re: Boko Haram: Lagos, Delta, Ekiti Evacuate Over 1, 500 Students From Borno by ak47mann(m): 5:58pm On Jul 18, 2011
^^^
your write up is very interesting alj harem cant argue with you your intelligent is way too much for normal Hausa man, thank God that finally people are waken up from sleep to realized Nigeria is not really a nation but a nation with many nations angry angry
Re: Boko Haram: Lagos, Delta, Ekiti Evacuate Over 1, 500 Students From Borno by BLECINS(f): 9:21pm On Jul 18, 2011
Can two walk together except they agree??
Re: Boko Haram: Lagos, Delta, Ekiti Evacuate Over 1, 500 Students From Borno by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jul 19, 2011
Hausas are very wickd,every evil in ths country is perperatd by them.they want Nigeria united becos of wht they are gaining 4rm the south.
Y has they refuse to explore the solid minerals in their region,they are busy eating southern resources,infact the highest beneficiary.
Without the Yorubas n Igbos the north are nothin,while ths two tribe can survive as a country,the north's SHARIA REPUBLIC OF BOKO HARAM can't,yet they have the mind n wickdnes 2 slaughter their benefactor.
If Awolowo had declared ODUDUWA REPUBLIC along Ojukwu's Biafra,the Bokorians would have come begging on their kneels.
If the North has the resources in the South, who is Luggard 2 almagamate them,their bombers wuld have been sent on a suicide bombing mission 2 Buckingham n white Hall palaces,England.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Boko Haram: Police Officers Protest Deployment To Borno, Bauchi / Small unmanned object Flying Around Lagos / Kano Card Readers Recorded 410,000 Accredited Voters - INEC.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.