Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,052 members, 7,835,552 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:38 AM

Boko Haram: Lagos, Delta, Ekiti Evacuate Over 1, 500 Students From Borno - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram: Lagos, Delta, Ekiti Evacuate Over 1, 500 Students From Borno (5965 Views)

Soldiers Clear Boko Haram Militants From Borno Town / Card Reader Test: Exercise Good So Far In Lagos, Delta / Boko Haram Lagos - Abuja Threat: Should Jonathan Appear On AIT? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram: Lagos, Delta, Ekiti Evacuate Over 1, 500 Students From Borno by jason123: 2:04am On Jul 16, 2011
By EMMA Amaize , Austin Ogwuda and Uduma Kalu, Lagos
Following the degenerating security situation in Borno state as a result of the activities of Boko Haram, Lagos, Ekiti , Edo and Delta state governments yesterday commenced the evacuation of their indigenes from the University of Maiduguri (UNIMAID).

No fewer than 14 of the 200 Lagos students from Lagos state arrived the General Aviation Terminal (GAT) of the Murtala Mohammed Airport (MMA), Lagos aboard Arik Air. The 14 were the first batch of evacuees expected out of the state within the next two days.

A total 43 indigenes of Ekiti who were evacuated from Borno arrived Ado-Ekiti, the state capital in the early hours of yesterday. The evacuees who are students of tertiary institutions in the troubled state arrived the Government House, Ado-Ekiti at about 3.30 am in
three buses.

Arrival of the first batch of Lagosians schooling in University of Maiduguri, Borno State and Yola, Adamawa State at General Aviation Terminal (GAT) Murtala Muhammed Airport, Ikeja, Lagos yesterday.

Also Delta State Government, yesterday evacuated 585 students from Delta State in Borno State as a proactive measure to save them from falling victim of the activities of the Boko Haram militia. The evacuated students were also studying at University of Maiduguri, Borno State.

Edo State Government also evacuated 100 of its students af the Maiduguri University in Borno State and also helped to evacuate fifty students of Ondo State origin stranded in the state. Students were evacuated on Wednesday night, following the security challenge in the northern state.

Addressing the students at Government House Asaba on Thursday, the State Commissioner, Bureau for Special Duties, Dr. Tony Nwaka reiterated the state government’s commitment to the welfare of Deltans irrespective of where they reside.

He condemned in strong terms the activities of Boko Haram but thanked God for the safety of the students in the turbulent northern part of Nigeria and the hitch free journey to the State.He stated that Delta State was one of the first states in the country to evacuate its citizens from Maiduguri while commending Governor Emmanuel Uduaghan “for his magnanimity who in line with his care for the people also gave some money to the students to enable them travel back to their various destinations”.

On his part, General Manager, Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA), Mr. Oluwafemi Osanyintolu who led the delegation of the state to Maiduguri, Borno State Capital said that the exercise would be completed in two days.
Osanyintolu assured that the state government was on top of the situation and would not hesitate to evacuate its indigenes in any troubled areas in the country, but said the contingent experienced some challenges in the process of evacuating the students. The exercise will be through by today.

Parts of the challenges according to him were the poor weather condition, which prevented airlines from taking off as planned and the poor situation in the troubled state.

He assured that the State Government would take care of the welfares of the stranded students in Maiduguri, adding that those evacuated would be handed over to their families in Lagos.

Officials of the Government House were on hand to attend to the need of the evacuees.
In Ekiti, the students were also given stipends to transport themselves to their respective homes. The president of Federation of Ekiti State Students Union (FESSU),

University of Maiduguri (UNIMAID) Chapter, Osetuyi Gabriel Sola who is a 600 Level student of Veterinary Medicine praised Fayemi for prompt response to their distress call saying it was God that saved from being killed in the Boko Haram crisis.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/07/boko-haram-lagos-delta-ekiti-evacuate-over-1-500-students-from-borno/
Re: Boko Haram: Lagos, Delta, Ekiti Evacuate Over 1, 500 Students From Borno by jason123: 2:05am On Jul 16, 2011
Gradually, the country is dividing . . .
Re: Boko Haram: Lagos, Delta, Ekiti Evacuate Over 1, 500 Students From Borno by NegroNtns(m): 2:25am On Jul 16, 2011
Great job and big applause to all the state governments who have responded and got their people out of the troubled area.

Each state took respopnsibility for its students. That good.

However, look at this: <quote> Edo State Government also evacuated 100 of its students af the Maiduguri University in Borno State and also helped to evacuate fifty students of Ondo State origin stranded in the state. Students were evacuated on Wednesday night, following the security challenge in the northern state</quote>

Edo is the BEST!!!

Up Edo!!! I salute una with gun honor! Keep up your exemplary leadership.
Re: Boko Haram: Lagos, Delta, Ekiti Evacuate Over 1, 500 Students From Borno by Patsey: 2:35am On Jul 16, 2011
jason123:

Gradually, the country is dividing . . .

YES IT IS, YES WE CAN grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Boko Haram: Lagos, Delta, Ekiti Evacuate Over 1, 500 Students From Borno by Nobody: 2:49am On Jul 16, 2011
Are they seriously trying to lessen our population when the population of Ekiti state is small already? angry

I'm sure Oni wouldnt have done anything for my people. Still wondering why that useless entity has not yet been imprisoned.
Re: Boko Haram: Lagos, Delta, Ekiti Evacuate Over 1, 500 Students From Borno by mallorca(m): 1:41pm On Jul 16, 2011
i dey laugh
Re: Boko Haram: Lagos, Delta, Ekiti Evacuate Over 1, 500 Students From Borno by leoodoguje: 1:44pm On Jul 16, 2011
I pray for what happened in SUDAN to happen in Nigeria. Northern Nigeria is the same with Northern Sudan. These people have nothing to offer to the growth of our economy but they are the major beneficiaries of the national cake, that is not even the problem, still those Animals continue to kill the human beings of this country. Lets separate so that they can eat more of their garden egg, and carrot.
Re: Boko Haram: Lagos, Delta, Ekiti Evacuate Over 1, 500 Students From Borno by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jul 16, 2011
This is the similar case that resort to the Start of Biafran war, but this time, i dont know which way
Re: Boko Haram: Lagos, Delta, Ekiti Evacuate Over 1, 500 Students From Borno by talktrue1(m): 2:08pm On Jul 16, 2011
This same govt kept mute as the NYSC are sending corpers to this troubled zones.
An adage says that people don't run away from rain until it start raining.
Re: Boko Haram: Lagos, Delta, Ekiti Evacuate Over 1, 500 Students From Borno by ektbear: 2:11pm On Jul 16, 2011
Negro_Ntns:

Great job and big applause to all the state governments who have responded and got their people out of the troubled area.

Each state took respopnsibility for its students. That good.

However, look at this: <quote> Edo State Government also evacuated 100 of its students af the Maiduguri University in Borno State and also helped to evacuate fifty students of Ondo State origin stranded in the state. Students were evacuated on Wednesday night, following the security challenge in the northern state</quote>

Edo is the BEST!!!

Up Edo!!! I salute una with gun honor! Keep up your exemplary leadership.

Cosign on that. God bless Edo State.
Re: Boko Haram: Lagos, Delta, Ekiti Evacuate Over 1, 500 Students From Borno by sizzlers(m): 2:28pm On Jul 16, 2011
arise o! competroit, nigeria koro n' obe! i dey laugh
Re: Boko Haram: Lagos, Delta, Ekiti Evacuate Over 1, 500 Students From Borno by tEsLim(m): 2:28pm On Jul 16, 2011
Not only students should be evacuated. All non-indigene should move. So that we are more prepared to divide. Nobody should be left behind the enemy line
Re: Boko Haram: Lagos, Delta, Ekiti Evacuate Over 1, 500 Students From Borno by ak47mann(m): 2:32pm On Jul 16, 2011
tEsLim:

Not only students should be evacuated. All non-indigene should move. So that we are more prepared to divide. Nobody should be left behind the enemy line
i feel you cool cool correct man,
Re: Boko Haram: Lagos, Delta, Ekiti Evacuate Over 1, 500 Students From Borno by aljharem3: 2:35pm On Jul 16, 2011
tEsLim:

what enemy line

ain't we all nigerians again angry
Re: Boko Haram: Lagos, Delta, Ekiti Evacuate Over 1, 500 Students From Borno by umechuma: 2:35pm On Jul 16, 2011
All Southern Nigerian state governments should encourage and help their citizens to relocate any other southern state where they will be free from religious killing by Northern religious extremist.I know most Northern hospitals are manned by southern doctors and most cars are fixed be southern mechanic and many other technical skills,6 months after the relocation of these experts the north will grind to a halt and may have bring their sicks and cars to the south for treatment and repairs because Sharia law does not develop any country.
Re: Boko Haram: Lagos, Delta, Ekiti Evacuate Over 1, 500 Students From Borno by Gbenge77(m): 2:45pm On Jul 16, 2011
Seems Bh are more powerful than the FG.
Re: Boko Haram: Lagos, Delta, Ekiti Evacuate Over 1, 500 Students From Borno by emmke(m): 2:52pm On Jul 16, 2011
umechuma:

All Southern Nigerian state governments should encourage and help their citizens to relocate any other southern state where they will be free from religious killing by Northern religious extremist.I know most Northern hospitals are manned by southern doctors and most cars are fixed be southern mechanic and many other technical skills,6 months after the relocation of these experts the north will grind to a halt and may have bring their sicks and cars to the south for treatment and repairs because Sharia law does not develop any country.
i understand u want to feel important but the north also have good medical personnels, even if its fewer than those in the south, but they do have. I can tell u that they wont miss u people there so stop deceiving yourself. Thank u
Re: Boko Haram: Lagos, Delta, Ekiti Evacuate Over 1, 500 Students From Borno by jmaine: 3:01pm On Jul 16, 2011
emmke:

i understand u want to feel important but the north also have good medical personnels, even if its fewer than those in the south, but they do have. I can tell u that they wont miss u people there so stop deceiving yourself. Lol.

Jokes and sentiments aside, they will . . .Just that, the employment rate and competition is so high that  . . .more southerners would migrate up north to fill those vacuum left by the fleeing citizens  cheesy
Re: Boko Haram: Lagos, Delta, Ekiti Evacuate Over 1, 500 Students From Borno by tEsLim(m): 3:05pm On Jul 16, 2011

what enemy line

ain't we all nigerians again Angry
@almajeri

We aren't all Nigerians! We can't be Nigerians together when we have different goals. People with like minds should stay together so they can progress together. And I swear I will never need a visa to go to the Federal Republic of Boko Haram a union of the former old northern nigerian states/Sharia league.

I foresee progress with
1. Odudua Republic
2. Republic of Biafra
3. Dont know if MEN want a state or they'll merge with Odudua

And starvation / backwardness etc in Federal Republic of Boko Haram. Since they believe civilization is evil
Re: Boko Haram: Lagos, Delta, Ekiti Evacuate Over 1, 500 Students From Borno by aljharem3: 3:10pm On Jul 16, 2011
tEsLim:

@almajeri

We aren't all Nigerians! We can't be Nigerians together when we have different goals. People with like minds should stay together so they can progress together. And I swear I will never need a visa to go to the Federal Republic of Boko Haram a union of the former old northern nigerian states/Sharia league.

I foresee progress with
1. Odudua Republic
2. Republic of Biafra
3. Dont know if MEN want a state or they'll merge with Odudua

And starvation / backwardness etc in Federal Republic of Boko Haram. Since they believe civilization is evil

what a senseless post

ain't we all fighting boko haram together whether north or south

ain't we all in the same boat undecided

who are the majority they have killed, is it not northerners

so what are u talking about

@stavation lol

80% of the food the whole country have every year is from the north so forget that part

i have always seen that it is south that would be hungry not us
Re: Boko Haram: Lagos, Delta, Ekiti Evacuate Over 1, 500 Students From Borno by Kossy04: 3:20pm On Jul 16, 2011
Nobody should be left behind the enemy line

What enemy line? Even as an igbo descendant, my enemy line is the Onitsha end of the Niger Bridge. I would be quicker to consider the Hausas friends than enemies. Before you i.d.i.o.t.s get your pants in a rush, Boko Haram are no representatives of the majority of the people, they're just another Islamic extremist group. It's like blaming an Al Qeda attack in Dubai on their locals. You don't do that, you blame it on Al qeda!!
Re: Boko Haram: Lagos, Delta, Ekiti Evacuate Over 1, 500 Students From Borno by emmke(m): 3:24pm On Jul 16, 2011
jmaine:

Jokes and sentiments aside, they will . . .Just that, the employment rate and competition is so high that  . . .more southerners would migrate up north to fill those vacuum left by the fleeing citizens  cheesy
ok my friend lets just assume they do not have enough medical personnels and other professionals as u'd prefer to believe, do u think they would come down south and beg u people to supply them with professionals? NO. They'd rather go to some north african countries and get them.
Re: Boko Haram: Lagos, Delta, Ekiti Evacuate Over 1, 500 Students From Borno by executinal(m): 3:25pm On Jul 16, 2011
alj_harem:

what enemy line

ain't we all nigerians again angry

I doubt if we are one Nigeria any more. Similar thing (BOKO HARAM KILLING) lead to Biafra war in 1967 undecided
Re: Boko Haram: Lagos, Delta, Ekiti Evacuate Over 1, 500 Students From Borno by emmke(m): 3:28pm On Jul 16, 2011
Kossy04:

What enemy line? Even as an igbo descendant, my enemy line is the Onitsha end of the Niger Bridge. I would be quicker to consider the Hausas friends than enemies. Before you i.d.i.o.t.s get your pants in a rush, Boko Haram are no representatives of the majority of the people, they're just another Islamic extremist group. It's like blaming an Al Qeda attack in Dubai on their locals. You don't do that, you blame it on Al qeda!!   wink wink wink wink
pls can u be my friend? Ur post should be one of the best i've ever read on NL. Welldone man.
Re: Boko Haram: Lagos, Delta, Ekiti Evacuate Over 1, 500 Students From Borno by umechuma: 3:49pm On Jul 16, 2011
Kossy04:

What enemy line? Even as an igbo descendant, my enemy line is the Onitsha end of the Niger Bridge. I would be quicker to consider the Hausas friends than enemies. Before you i.d.i.o.t.s get your pants in a rush, Boko Haram are no representatives of the majority of the people, they're just another Islamic extremist group. It's like blaming an Al Qeda attack in Dubai on their locals. You don't do that, you blame it on Al qeda!!
Am very sure you are one of those disgruntled Igbo men how changed to Islam for money.The day you will be killed by your Hauas friends as it has always happened in the past,I hope your corpse will not cross the Onitsha end of the Niger Bridge but wrapped in a mat and buried at the Emir's palace in the north.Your community should regard you presently as a lost generation.
Re: Boko Haram: Lagos, Delta, Ekiti Evacuate Over 1, 500 Students From Borno by stagger: 4:03pm On Jul 16, 2011
What has the Shehu of Bornu, the custodian of Kanuri culture and a descendant of Mohmammed El-Kanemi, said or done in response to what is happening in is enclave? I am highly baffled by his silence.

He should be in the news daily and he should be acting.
Re: Boko Haram: Lagos, Delta, Ekiti Evacuate Over 1, 500 Students From Borno by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jul 16, 2011
for the first time in a while i am happy about this sh*t hole called nigeria, i hope this parasites leave the north more and more, division all the way, hopefully this is the beginning of the end, may Allah see us through it peacefully
Re: Boko Haram: Lagos, Delta, Ekiti Evacuate Over 1, 500 Students From Borno by gungume: 5:38pm On Jul 16, 2011
let us be discussing something new this boko haram issue is over discussed!!! bring very interesting topic to digest.
Re: Boko Haram: Lagos, Delta, Ekiti Evacuate Over 1, 500 Students From Borno by deb(m): 5:55pm On Jul 16, 2011
This is cheering news. The false nation called Nigeria is gradually dividing for good. "I tire sef. Na by force to live together in pieces?"
Re: Boko Haram: Lagos, Delta, Ekiti Evacuate Over 1, 500 Students From Borno by stunna2(m): 6:35pm On Jul 16, 2011
there is no law that says Nigeria must stay together as one, but it can if it's people want to!!

what price must be payed to keep it together?? there are very many neighbouring countries that have more peace than same country North and South Nigeria!

it is the unreasonableness of the islamic religion that baffles me, you feel me! if you are here on NL and saying the north should not be blamed for the activities of the boko whatever sect, then send us links to show the rest of us that the north are speaking out against them, we can then read those and be reassured that we are all in this together, k!! is it not true that Nigeria and Cameroon has more peace than the North and South of Nigeria do?? so some1 pls give me well thought-out logical or human argument why the country should not split??

if/when you spend more time battling people here than you do battling or speaking out against the evils of ur religion then we have no choice but to assume that Y'ALL ARE IN UNCONSCIOUSNESS COLLUSION WITH THEM BLOOD SUCKERS BOKO mess-UPS UP NORTH!
Re: Boko Haram: Lagos, Delta, Ekiti Evacuate Over 1, 500 Students From Borno by kyensco87(m): 6:42pm On Jul 16, 2011
It is a pity that the Federal government is quite helpless on this Boko Haram menance, see what these poor people are going through now. http://newsflavor.com/world/africa/the-rise-of-terrorism-in-nigeria/
Re: Boko Haram: Lagos, Delta, Ekiti Evacuate Over 1, 500 Students From Borno by MeGaStReEt: 6:53pm On Jul 16, 2011
ekt_bear:

Cosign on that. God bless Edo State.

Which Edo State """"""long hiss phewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww"""""""""""

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Boko Haram: Police Officers Protest Deployment To Borno, Bauchi / African Development Bank Report Is Political - Presidency / Shell Official Says Niger Delta Is No Longer Attractive To Investors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.