Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,215 members, 7,957,485 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 01:33 PM

Hell Is Not What You Think It Is... - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Hell Is Not What You Think It Is... (279 Views)

Hell Is Not The Final Destination Of Lost Souls / What Goes To Heaven Or Hell, Is It Body,soul Or Spirit. / For Those Who Think Hell Is An Empty Threat From The Bible! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hell Is Not What You Think It Is... by Das1mama: 9:20am On May 25, 2022
I know most people feel or think that hell is fire just like i was made to understand not until i received the main true knowledge of how hell is going to be from the great Holy Spirit.... Straight to the point, Hell meaning everlasting pain, agony, torture etc and so on. The food of the flesh is not the same as the food of the soul/spirit, for more clearer view, recall when Christ told Nicodemus that except a man is born again he cannot see or enter into God's kingdom, that was a spiritual language which he interpreted in his own human knowledge.... So what's your take on this my fellow brethren of the Lord? that hell is not going to be that fire we presumed it was.
Re: Hell Is Not What You Think It Is... by Das1mama: 9:50am On May 25, 2022
Where are the elders in the house
Re: Hell Is Not What You Think It Is... by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:45am On May 25, 2022
Sheol (Hebrew)
Hades (Greek)
Hell (English)
Means Grave as in the condition of the dead where there is no activity!
Re: Hell Is Not What You Think It Is... by Kobojunkie: 11:50am On May 25, 2022
Das1mama:
I know most people feel or think that hell is fire just like i was made to understand not until i received the main true knowledge of how hell is going to be from the great Holy Spirit.... Straight to the point, Hell meaning everlasting pain, agony, torture etc and so on. The food of the flesh is not the same as the food of the soul/spirit, for more clearer view, recall when Christ told Nicodemus that except a man is born again he cannot see or enter into God's kingdom, that was a spiritual language which he interpreted in his own human knowledge[/b].... So what's your take on this my fellow brethren of the Lord? that hell is not going to be that fire we presumed it was.
I don't get it! undecided

What in the world do you lot mean by food of the flesh and food of the spirit? undecided

Who interpreted what in the human language? undecided

Jesus Christ told you in Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46 that He is King over Heaven and Hell, both domains in the Kingdom of God which He rules over - a Kingdom not of this world. Was that Jesus Christ interpreting what you call spiritual language in human language as well? undecided
Re: Hell Is Not What You Think It Is... by Das1mama: 3:12pm On May 25, 2022
Kobojunkie:
I don't get it! undecided

What in the world do you lot mean by food of the flesh and food of the spirit? undecided

Jesus Christ told you in Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46 that He is King over Heaven and Hell, both domains in the Kingdom of God which He rules over - a Kingdom not of this world. Was that Jesus Christ interpreting what you call spiritual language in human language as well? undecided
Ah what are u saying kobojunkie... Read with understanding bro.
Re: Hell Is Not What You Think It Is... by Kobojunkie: 3:17pm On May 25, 2022
Das1mama:
Ah what are u saying kobojunkie... Read with understanding bro.
Read what is presented in human language with human understanding? Ofcourse! undecided

So again,What in the world do you lot mean by food of the flesh and food of the spirit? undecided

Re: Hell Is Not What You Think It Is... by Das1mama: 3:22pm On May 25, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Read what is presented in human language with human understanding? Ofcourse! undecided

So again,What in the world do you lot mean by food of the flesh and food of the spirit? undecided

i wish u quick recovery
Re: Hell Is Not What You Think It Is... by Kobojunkie: 3:27pm On May 25, 2022
Das1mama:
i wish u quick recovery
Have you recovered yourself?, undecided
Re: Hell Is Not What You Think It Is... by Das1mama: 4:12pm On May 25, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Have you recovered yourself?, undecided
guy wetin be your own and me na, get d Bleep out of my thread. Junk
Re: Hell Is Not What You Think It Is... by Kobojunkie: 4:15pm On May 25, 2022
Das1mama:
guy wetin be your own and me na, get d Bleep out of my thread. Junk
So you created to entertain only views that correspond with those your pastors and mogs have stuffed you with rather than that which is in fact written in scripture ? undecided

Again, see my questions to you...
What in the world do you lot mean by food of the flesh and food of the spirit ? undecided

Who interpreted what in the human language ? undecided

Jesus Christ told you in Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46 that He is King over Heaven and Hell, both domains in the Kingdom of God which He rules over - a Kingdom not of this world. Was that Jesus Christ interpreting what you call spiritual language in human language as well ? undecided
Re: Hell Is Not What You Think It Is... by Lighthouse50: 9:31pm On May 25, 2022
Op hell simply mean grave. Are you talking about the lake of fire?
Re: Hell Is Not What You Think It Is... by Ken4Christ: 1:01am On May 26, 2022
Das1mama:
I know most people feel or think that hell is fire just like i was made to understand not until i received the main true knowledge of how hell is going to be from the great Holy Spirit.... Straight to the point, Hell meaning everlasting pain, agony, torture etc and so on. The food of the flesh is not the same as the food of the soul/spirit, for more clearer view, recall when Christ told Nicodemus that except a man is born again he cannot see or enter into God's kingdom, that was a spiritual language which he interpreted in his own human knowledge.... So what's your take on this my fellow brethren of the Lord? that hell is not going to be that fire we presumed it was.

Hell is a place of torment.
The torment comes from three sources.

1. The fire in it. It burns with unbearable pains that makes you screen.
2. Worms that do not die will also torture you.
3. The demons in hell will also torture

It's a place where the wicked, sinners and ungodly people go to after death.
It is actually your soul that goes there.
you.

Evidences from the scriptures.

Deuteronony 32:22 For a fire is kindled in mine anger, and shall BURN UNTO THE LOWEST HELL, and shall consume the earth with her increase, and set on fire the foundations of the mountains.

This reference couldn't be taking about the physical grave as Jehovah Witness claims. No fire burns in the physical grave. And the physical grave is too shallow to fit into this description.

Mark 9:43-44
43 And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into HELL, INTO THE FIRE THAT NEVER SHALL BE QUENCHED.

44 Where their worm dieth not, and THE FIRE IS NOT QUENCHED.

The fire is not quenched is repeated twice to buttress the emphasis.

The Jehovah Witness said he was talking about a physical location in Israel known as the valley of Hinnon. It is also referred to as Gehenna. Yes, such valley exists but it is not where Jesus is referring to. There is no more fire burning in that valley. But Jesus said that the fire of hell shall never be quenched.

Psalms 9:17 The WICKED SHALL BE TURNED INTO HELL, and all the nations that forget God.

The verse above says its the wicked that goes to hell. If hell is grave, the verse becomes meaningless because every one who dies goes to the grave. But the verse says that it's the wicked that goes there.

A wicked man is not just someone who kills. Those who reject the gospel of our Lord Jesus are also wicked.

Those who turn the heart of people away from the truth of God's word are also wicked. A typical example are the Jehovah Witness. They are the most wicked people on earth. They turn the heart of people away from the truth of God's word. And so many are already in hell because of their false teachings. The ones on Nairaland like MaxInDHouse have refused to repent. He is ready to defend their lies even in the face of overwhelming evidences against them.

Psalms 116:3 The sorrows of death compassed me, and the PAINS OF HELL gat hold upon me: I found trouble and sorrow.

The verse above talks about the pains of hell. The lifeless body in the grave does not feel pains. But the souls of the wicked in hell feels terrible pains.

Psalms 18:5 The SORROWS OF HELL compassed me about: the snares of death prevented me

There is sorrow in hell. Lifeless body in the physical grave does not feel any sorrow.

Job 11:8 It is as high as heaven; what canst thou do? DEEPER THAN HELL, what canst thou know.

Hell is so deep that it is used as a reference to depth.

You certainly can't use the shallow grave as a reference for depths.

Even the ocean depth is shallow compared with the depth of hell. Hell is in the center of the earth.

The evidences are overwhelming. Anyone who still don't believe in the reality of hell as a place of torment is grossly dishonest. He wants to get there before he believes. But it will be too late to change your mind. Because once you are in, you will be kept there to be later transferred to another place worse than hell. It is known as the Lake of Fire. This lake of fire will swallow hell itself.

Don't joke with your life. Give your heart to Jesus and save yourself from that horrible place.

(1) (Reply)

Sin, A Killer Of Destiny / Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens: Tuesday,june 14,2022 / Let's Talk: Why Will They Ban Alcohol In Abuja, The FCT Of A Secular Nation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.