Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,982 members, 7,810,737 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:06 PM

Nairalanders My Ghetto Brother Wants A New Life - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Nairalanders My Ghetto Brother Wants A New Life (19485 Views)

8 Resume Editing Tips That Will Give Your Resume A New Life / Which IT Skill Is Best For Someone That Wants A Career Change. / Update, Job In Vacancies Apply Now, Start New Life In Usa- germantown Hub (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairalanders My Ghetto Brother Wants A New Life by superCleanworks(m): 1:16pm On May 25, 2022
Re: Nairalanders My Ghetto Brother Wants A New Life by Akerele44(m): 1:17pm On May 25, 2022
Emmyreal4:
Which f**King god??God

Please spare that trash
Did u just call God...f**king God ?
Re: Nairalanders My Ghetto Brother Wants A New Life by Ororocelemi(m): 1:18pm On May 25, 2022
Pls advice him from a distance, don't ever trust or go close to him.

Ugaboy:
Hi Nairalander, You don't know how happy I am right now... after hearing a strong confession from my Lil cousin.

We both grew up in Ghetto area at Itire SURULERE, the environment is a off for any developing kid.

Thanks to my parents who took me out after primary education from the LGA.

Last time I visited, he is into drugs, smoking, touting, street fight and jobless.
We only exchange greetings and no
healthy conversation between us.

Recently, he has been calling to keep in touch with me and more.

Today, I called him just to check on a lust brother, the conversation was interesting.
He started telling how guys are catching out in YAHOO (to me this is not the conversation I want, so I played along, to keep cool chat).

After some minutes, he told me he regreted all the wasted opportunity and times he had to become someone. He is 24 years now

...he is a secondary school drop out, his parents push him to learn skill (Spraying Vehicle & Machines) under 2 months he quit, I found job for him, he quit same week...he prefers street money, he is also known as street money and sort of names to justify street life.

Personal I never care to advise him, I kept my cool and mind my business...afterall his elder brother is not different from him.

...back to the conversation, he told me he really wants to return to school, that life is really hard and tough, he said he is a change person now and more.

I need advice from you N'Lers...
should I advise him of acquiring a SKILL(not I.T pls) or SCHOOLING ( I will save money to pay his waec from my end next year)

If skill, pls what kind of good paying SKILL can I suggest for him?...I don't want barbing or vulcanizing or low income SKILL.

Re: Nairalanders My Ghetto Brother Wants A New Life by keeper303: 1:18pm On May 25, 2022
Ancecoker:
grin
Okay

Omo Ghana ���
Re: Nairalanders My Ghetto Brother Wants A New Life by Kante222: 1:20pm On May 25, 2022
Shjs

Re: Nairalanders My Ghetto Brother Wants A New Life by DSC7: 1:20pm On May 25, 2022
clems88:
Finally he don get sense. grin

grin grin cheesy...

My brother When the time is Ripe dem no dey telli person....

Him eyes don clear...

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders My Ghetto Brother Wants A New Life by djojo(m): 1:22pm On May 25, 2022
How sure are you that he is truly ready for a change, maybe he is broke and he needed your help but knows you wont do it until you see some changes in him.
before you try to put him in any learning process, i will advise you first test him otherwise street guys are difficult to change
if you put him in a learning process and Oga talk to him anyhow you wont be surprise that he might stab the Oga or anyone that makes him angry.
First is to try and rehabilitate him because for him to grow up in the street till 24 nobi beans

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders My Ghetto Brother Wants A New Life by 27Pushing30: 1:23pm On May 25, 2022
Ugaboy:
Hi Nairalander, You don't know how happy I am right now... after hearing a strong confession from my Lil cousin.

We both grew up in Ghetto area at Itire SURULERE, the environment is a off for any developing kid.

Last time I visited, he is into drugs, smoking, touting, street fight and jobless.

Today, I called him just to check on a lust brother, the conversation was interesting.
He started telling how guys are catching out in YAHOO (to me this is not the conversation I want, so I played along, to keep cool chat).

After some minutes, he told me he regreted all the wasted opportunity and times he had to become someone. He is 24 years now

...he is a secondary school drop out, his parents push him to learn skill (Spraying Vehicle & Machines) under 2 months he quit, I found job for him, he quit same week...he prefers street money, he is also known as street money and sort of names to justify street life.

Personal I never care to advise him, I kept my cool and mind my business...afterall his elder brother is not different from him.

...back to the conversation, he told me he really wants to return to school, that life is really hard and tough, he said he is a change person now and more.

should I advise him of acquiring a SKILL(not I.T pls) or SCHOOLING ( I will save money to pay his waec from my end next year)

If skill, pls what kind of good paying SKILL can I suggest for him?...I don't want barbing or vulcanizing or low income SKILL.

At 24 what is he going to school to do? Can he even pass waec? Let him learn a skill and at same time save funds for him to write WAEC.

If he passes the waec he can look for part time courses to gain admission into. But full time student? Makes no sense
Re: Nairalanders My Ghetto Brother Wants A New Life by 27Pushing30: 1:24pm On May 25, 2022
djojo:
How sure are you that he is truly ready for a change, maybe he is broke and he needed your help but knows you wont do it until you see some changes in him.
before you try to put him in any learning process, i will advise you first test him otherwise street guys are difficult to change
if you put him in a learning process and Oga talk to him anyhow you wont be surprise that he might stab the Oga or anyone that makes him angry.
First is to try and rehabilitate him because for him to grow up in the street till 24 nobi beans

This used to be me whenever I needed funds from home or siblings

Sing wetin dem wan hear
Re: Nairalanders My Ghetto Brother Wants A New Life by marvy7: 1:24pm On May 25, 2022
I really like ur approach to handling him, I mean not wasting ur energy advising him till he sort for it himself (atleast appeared to have sort for it).
As for your question i firmly blv, u would get the clue of what u can advice him to do from him, my point is this different things work for different pple, he has to align with his passion and especially since he is coming for a very bad place ( I mean state of mind and all) what will keep him off the streets would be what interests him, if not he would get bored and quit again
So I would say interact with him more and see what catches his fancy from there u would get a clue what he can do.
Re: Nairalanders My Ghetto Brother Wants A New Life by MarkStephen130(m): 1:25pm On May 25, 2022
I'll suggest photography or videography. Just get him a good camera and a trusted tutor to work under.
Re: Nairalanders My Ghetto Brother Wants A New Life by Clinton14(m): 1:25pm On May 25, 2022
Calibrator:
He is only taking on the appearance of someone who wants better because he is broke.... Let him lay his hand on a little wads of cash and see he revert back to his old lifestyle.

Habits and lifestyle patterns especially rough street vibes coupled with the use of drugs are not things a person can ever walk away from.... Unless they are opportune to leave the country and gain a whole new level of exposure.

This is why I am eternally grateful for the fact that though I am street through and through, I don't drink, smoke or take drugs.... It is quite easy for me to blend in with cultured and posh crowd even at that, one minute everywhere burst, the street vibes will come up to the surface.

Realty can often be disappointing!

Bro, though addiction is very difficult to break,it's possible to come back from it.The guy might just be saying the truth.
Everybody deserves second chance.
Re: Nairalanders My Ghetto Brother Wants A New Life by blingxx(m): 1:26pm On May 25, 2022
MITCHELL96:
Let him learn how to install POP

Someone made 400k + from just 1 job oo

I
I need this connection abeg I'm ready to learn but I no see person mentor me
Re: Nairalanders My Ghetto Brother Wants A New Life by Ayo081(m): 1:28pm On May 25, 2022
Don't underate barbing as a skill. Especially in an environment like Surulere

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders My Ghetto Brother Wants A New Life by Asianjollof007: 1:30pm On May 25, 2022
You called barbing a low income job, you are not wise bro.
Re: Nairalanders My Ghetto Brother Wants A New Life by mrdharkchild(m): 1:31pm On May 25, 2022
He should start from somewhere.
How many people has he killed, first?
Re: Nairalanders My Ghetto Brother Wants A New Life by MITCHELL96: 1:32pm On May 25, 2022
blingxx:

I
I need this connection abeg I'm ready to learn but I no see person mentor me

It's been in your mind ?

Where do you stay ?
Re: Nairalanders My Ghetto Brother Wants A New Life by Okhuadams(m): 1:33pm On May 25, 2022
Ugaboy:

Kim

If he can read and write then a skill acquisition is not bad he can go back to the one his dad put him before he can still go back school preferably Adult education. But all in all your generous and genuine support can see him through
Re: Nairalanders My Ghetto Brother Wants A New Life by Westernequinox: 1:34pm On May 25, 2022
The first step to change in a man is the transformation of Jesus upon his life
Re: Nairalanders My Ghetto Brother Wants A New Life by mabea: 1:34pm On May 25, 2022
Let him go for Alumaco or tiling, furniture too
Re: Nairalanders My Ghetto Brother Wants A New Life by phemmyfour: 1:35pm On May 25, 2022
Ugaboy:

Not until you talked him out of yahoo, learning skills or going back to school won't be profitable for now
Re: Nairalanders My Ghetto Brother Wants A New Life by Skillsnigeria: 1:37pm On May 25, 2022
So many skills to learn, just asked him what he wants to learn
Re: Nairalanders My Ghetto Brother Wants A New Life by Chibyike(m): 1:43pm On May 25, 2022
Hmmmmmm...make him no go join cult for school this one street done enter his body and soul..... anyways what God cannot do don't exist..
Ask him his plan bfor you know where to do.
Re: Nairalanders My Ghetto Brother Wants A New Life by Sterope(f): 1:43pm On May 25, 2022
A skill. If he ants to got to school, he can get himself through it with support and encouragement from you.
Re: Nairalanders My Ghetto Brother Wants A New Life by We4all: 1:43pm On May 25, 2022
Let him finish his high school first. Afterwards, he can combine any skills simultaneously while pursuing his degree.
Re: Nairalanders My Ghetto Brother Wants A New Life by Tundex911: 1:45pm On May 25, 2022
Nairaland, since joining I haven't regret cuz no matter how you table matter here...

You go definitely find solution to your problem, kudos Nairalanders

Peace ✌️
Re: Nairalanders My Ghetto Brother Wants A New Life by Nobody: 1:45pm On May 25, 2022
Why not IT?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Moment A Rescue Worker "Cried" During Training (video) / Civil Defence Officers Revolt Over Deduction Of N5,000 From Their Salaries / Isaac Adewole: Not All Medical Graduates Must Practice, Some Can Be Farmers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.