Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,946 members, 7,810,619 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:13 PM

Nairalanders My Ghetto Brother Wants A New Life - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Nairalanders My Ghetto Brother Wants A New Life (19484 Views)

8 Resume Editing Tips That Will Give Your Resume A New Life / Which IT Skill Is Best For Someone That Wants A Career Change. / Update, Job In Vacancies Apply Now, Start New Life In Usa- germantown Hub (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairalanders My Ghetto Brother Wants A New Life by Cashio(m): 5:49pm On May 25, 2022
GboyegaD:

I guess we see things differently. Money will always come and one just has to be good at what one does with some level of exposure.
I am telling you from experience man...there are skills you learn and you will never blow nomatter how you package it.
There are jobs that can only fetch you food, there are others that can fetch you food and maybe average life and there are others with the potential of making you become wealthy.
Re: Nairalanders My Ghetto Brother Wants A New Life by Depressed101: 5:58pm On May 25, 2022
Ugaboy:
Hi Nairalander, You don't know how happy I am right now... after hearing a strong confession from my Lil cousin.

We both grew up in Ghetto area at Itire SURULERE, the environment is a off for any developing kid.

Thanks to my parents who took me out after primary education from the LGA.

Last time I visited, he is into drugs, smoking, touting, street fight and jobless.
We only exchange greetings and no
healthy conversation between us.

Recently, he has been calling to keep in touch with me and more.

Today, I called him just to check on a lust brother, the conversation was interesting.
He started telling how guys are catching out in YAHOO (to me this is not the conversation I want, so I played along, to keep cool chat).

After some minutes, he told me he regreted all the wasted opportunity and times he had to become someone. He is 24 years now

...he is a secondary school drop out, his parents push him to learn skill (Spraying Vehicle & Machines) under 2 months he quit, I found job for him, he quit same week...he prefers street money, he is also known as street money and sort of names to justify street life.

Personal I never care to advise him, I kept my cool and mind my business...afterall his elder brother is not different from him.

...back to the conversation, he told me he really wants to return to school, that life is really hard and tough, he said he is a change person now and more.

I need advice from you N'Lers...
should I advise him of acquiring a SKILL(not I.T pls) or SCHOOLING ( I will save money to pay his waec from my end next year)

If skill, pls what kind of good paying SKILL can I suggest for him?...I don't want barbing or vulcanizing or low income SKILL.

my Honest advice. Don't let him go back to school.

Nigerian school is full of depression and oppression by fellow students.
Sooner or later he will join those yahoo boys in school..

Let him know made the decision very early as 24 is a very young age to turn a new leaf.

Tell him to join any of the digital schools in Lagos.

So that instead of scamming onyinbo people, he can be working for onyinbo people for a very handsome pay in no time..

Areas he can focus on are design or coding, Social media and content creation etc... So many possibilities.
Re: Nairalanders My Ghetto Brother Wants A New Life by LifeOfTrigga(m): 6:50pm On May 25, 2022
I’m also from itire and that’s ashimowu bakare! I can relate with the street life there fam, that hood is kinda evil
Re: Nairalanders My Ghetto Brother Wants A New Life by SPOLO(m): 6:51pm On May 25, 2022
Cashio:
I am telling you from experience man...there are skills you learn and you will never blow nomatter how you package it.
There are jobs that can only fetch you food, there are others that can fetch you food and maybe average life and there are others with the potential of making you become wealthy.
please is house Tillers a good paying skill job to learn

And how about Photograph and videography?
Re: Nairalanders My Ghetto Brother Wants A New Life by Cousin9999: 7:30pm On May 25, 2022
Plumber and pipe fitter?
Re: Nairalanders My Ghetto Brother Wants A New Life by ghettochild(m): 8:44pm On May 25, 2022
Make e learn barbing n nails fixing....then help him come to SA..
Or mechanic
Re: Nairalanders My Ghetto Brother Wants A New Life by Cashio(m): 9:21pm On May 25, 2022
SPOLO:
please is house Tillers a good paying skill job to learn

And how about Photograph and videography?
I am in the construction field and I can tell you that tiling job, to me, falls within the middle income skills I mentioned eaier. It is the type that can make you just comfortable if you get lucky to meet engineers who will constantly engage you with tiling contracts.
But if you aren't so lucky, you may end up just getting jobs not so regularly and that won't give you a good life. And I hope you know it is very stressful and energy consuming.
If you want to venture into the construction field, I would rather advise you try painting, pop ceiling and screeding, furniture making, conduit wiring or even alumaco. These jobs I mentioned has better potentials to expand in the sense that you could be able to, for instance, start manufacturing your own paint over a short period of time or as a furniture maker, you could start making furniture for sale over time or as an electrician, you could start selling electrical materials over time.....and They are less energy consuming too.

I don't know about videography or photography.
Re: Nairalanders My Ghetto Brother Wants A New Life by Slimsaj: 10:19pm On May 25, 2022
Emmyreal4:
Which f**King god??God

Please spare that trash

Frustration stinks around this comment, and out of the abundance of the heart the hand typeth...

Therefore i believe you are highly frustrated and depressed...
So therefore i expect only more frustrating reactions from you.
Re: Nairalanders My Ghetto Brother Wants A New Life by aziburok: 4:25am On May 26, 2022
Re: Nairalanders My Ghetto Brother Wants A New Life by 15ssDRIVE(m): 6:01am On May 26, 2022
Ancecoker:
grin
Okay

Akwaba
Re: Nairalanders My Ghetto Brother Wants A New Life by SPOLO(m): 7:27am On May 26, 2022
Cashio:
I am in the construction field and I can tell you that tiling job, to me, falls within the middle income skills I mentioned eaier. It is the type that can make you just comfortable if you get lucky to meet engineers who will constantly engage you with tiling contracts.
But if you aren't so lucky, you may end up just getting jobs not so regularly and that won't give you a good life. And I hope you know it is very stressful and energy consuming.
If you want to venture into the construction field, I would rather advise you try painting, pop ceiling and screeding, furniture making, conduit wiring or even alumaco. These jobs I mentioned has better potentials to expand in the sense that you could be able to, for instance, start manufacturing your own paint over a short period of time or as a furniture maker, you could start making furniture for sale over time or as an electrician, you could start selling electrical materials over time.....and They are less energy consuming too.

I don't know about videography or photography.
Alright, Thanks for your input sir

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tesla Sued Over Racial Discrimination In The Workplace / Moment A Rescue Worker "Cried" During Training (video) / Civil Defence Officers Revolt Over Deduction Of N5,000 From Their Salaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.