Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,761 members, 7,817,103 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:41 AM

Is A Nigerian Salary Earner Of 500k Per Month Considered Rich? - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is A Nigerian Salary Earner Of 500k Per Month Considered Rich? (44998 Views)

Can He Still Be Considered 26 Years old or not? / Business Idea For A Budget Of 500k / Is A 130k Job Including Tithing Be Considered A Good Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is A Nigerian Salary Earner Of 500k Per Month Considered Rich? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 12:39pm On May 26, 2022
Slynation:
If only you acquire financial intelligence, you won't be on front page typing your personal opinion...!!

Your financial intelligence doesn't come close to mine. I am just speaking facts.
Re: Is A Nigerian Salary Earner Of 500k Per Month Considered Rich? by Rhozabeth(m): 12:40pm On May 26, 2022
If u earn 500k in Nigeria of today u are not rich at all especially if u are a family man! But for a single, you might still be able to live averagely. This is crazy though considering the fact that more than 75% of the workforce in Nigeria earn far below that amount!

1 Like

Re: Is A Nigerian Salary Earner Of 500k Per Month Considered Rich? by Jii95: 12:40pm On May 26, 2022
It all depends on your definition of rich.
Re: Is A Nigerian Salary Earner Of 500k Per Month Considered Rich? by NigerianAngelo(m): 12:41pm On May 26, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

I suppose you have no responsibilities?

You will live an average life, yes. But, you can not be called rich.

You are right. Absolutely right.

N500k is like N250k of 2014. So N500k is just a former N250k. No rich whatsoever.

If you don't have money you fancy it, but when you get closer you appreciate it's brief value.

Some saying you are rich forget then they will be paying rent and be forced to at least certain social responsibilities or contributions they are not faced with now.

I pray for all good persons in this country. That they may find employment. Good and stable employment. Earn N500k and live in grace.

1 Like

Re: Is A Nigerian Salary Earner Of 500k Per Month Considered Rich? by andrewtosin(m): 12:41pm On May 26, 2022
Which NGO you dey boss?

DSA policy no dey?
ObosiUkwalla:
So I was arguing with a friend who stays in the states and he keeps saying I am a rich guy.

Current salary is about 512k per month (take home), and has an annual increment of 15% of your take home. This is aside perks of perdiem anytime I travel outside work base (15k per night).

Anytime he wants me to have minor something done in NG on his bahalf, he expects me to use my money and whenever I ask, he tells me not to complain that I am rich (he knows what I earn), I don't have a problem doing those things for him.

I don't see myself rich and pls guys, what can someone earn in Nigeria to be termed rich. Your opinions will count alot as I still find it hard getting the usual daily stuffs we all use.
I am not married and do not have responsibilities. My mom is a retired govt worker and other siblings are all working.

Cc: seun mynd44 pls help us for more audience and opinions
Re: Is A Nigerian Salary Earner Of 500k Per Month Considered Rich? by tunapawizzy: 12:41pm On May 26, 2022
DroppingLiquid:

you are not earning up to hundred thousand a month. You are just a runs girl taht doesn't know how to manage money. Look at this twenty four year old talking so sternly. They'll think you've seen life because you're fvcking other supposedly high earners that use their money to chase women like you.

People with good money management know that 500k is more than enough with a family of three kids. No be to marry slay rubbish put for house call am wife.
It is enough to make a standard and basic living, nothing extra, but to say rich, I don't think so. It is a very good income I must confess(definitely far above average) but to be rich is another thing. Will a 6m per year income, pay tuition in a school that befits the man's status, pay rent that is befitting of their status, running cost of home on a monthly basis. Unforseen expenses too go show
Re: Is A Nigerian Salary Earner Of 500k Per Month Considered Rich? by Angelfrost(m): 12:41pm On May 26, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

500k Isn't rich, please. Especially if you have a lot of responsibilities/mouths to feed.

Na average salary. Start earning it and you'll know how far.

What is the meaning of AVERAGE?!!

If half a million Naira is an average salary in Nigeria, how many out of the over 80 Million working Nigerians earn that amount?!!

How many Nigerians earn more than that in a month?!!

Talk is just cheap for most of you! undecided

3 Likes

Re: Is A Nigerian Salary Earner Of 500k Per Month Considered Rich? by Nobody: 12:41pm On May 26, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

500k Isn't rich, please. Especially if you have a lot of responsibilities/mouths to feed.

It’s not average oga get your facts right. With a 500k monthly income, you are easily in the top 5% of salary earners in Nigeria.

Does that make you rich? I guess not but that’s another testament to how bad things are in this country that 500k puts you in the “elite” bracket.
Re: Is A Nigerian Salary Earner Of 500k Per Month Considered Rich? by Kaa4(m): 12:42pm On May 26, 2022
You are not rich because you earn NGN512k per month, but because you have zero dependents. So when you are going to marry, ensure you somebody who would have no dependent and least earn what you are earning.
ObosiUkwalla:
So I was arguing with a friend who stays in the states and he keeps saying I am a rich guy.

Current salary is about 512k per month (take home), and has an annual increment of 15% of your take home. This is aside perks of perdiem anytime I travel outside work base (15k per night).

Anytime he wants me to have minor something done in NG on his bahalf, he expects me to use my money and whenever I ask, he tells me not to complain that I am rich (he knows what I earn), I don't have a problem doing those things for him.

I don't see myself rich and pls guys, what can someone earn in Nigeria to be termed rich. Your opinions will count alot as I still find it hard getting the usual daily stuffs we all use.
I am not married and do not have responsibilities. My mom is a retired govt worker and other siblings are all working.

1 Like

Re: Is A Nigerian Salary Earner Of 500k Per Month Considered Rich? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 12:42pm On May 26, 2022
Lightway:

You haven't seen 500k in a month since you were born

LOL. cheesy

The guts! WTF.
Re: Is A Nigerian Salary Earner Of 500k Per Month Considered Rich? by adebayo987: 12:43pm On May 26, 2022
ObosiUkwalla:

well rich is based on your reserves and not income. So, check ur savings.

1 Like

Re: Is A Nigerian Salary Earner Of 500k Per Month Considered Rich? by Slynation(m): 12:43pm On May 26, 2022
greygoblings:
I have been earning more than that for years and I don't consider myself rich. If you see wealth, you will know that 500k monthly is nowhere close to it
That is the problem with people...!! As for me, I don't need to have money like Dangote, Otedola and the likes of them even if I aspire to be like them, As long as I can afford a comfortable lifestyle, I have my house, my cars, I can travel anywhere I want, I can comfortably pay bills and fund any business within my capabilities, lend assistance within my financial bouyancy...Then I'am definitely okay with life...!!

1 Like

Re: Is A Nigerian Salary Earner Of 500k Per Month Considered Rich? by spencekat(m): 12:43pm On May 26, 2022
phemmyfour:
When you get married and started buying cerelac/daipers or paying school fees every 3months, you LL know that what you have there is a peanut.

Your friend is only taking advantage of you, stop running errand for him with your money even though you can afford it. He's earning in dollars over there. At least, let him pay for service once in a while
People earn lesser and buy those things you listed.
Re: Is A Nigerian Salary Earner Of 500k Per Month Considered Rich? by Johel(m): 12:43pm On May 26, 2022
ObosiUkwalla:

If you like say u are poor,that's your business...but don't deceive yourself when clearly u know u are rich.
Re: Is A Nigerian Salary Earner Of 500k Per Month Considered Rich? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 12:43pm On May 26, 2022
spencekat:
Prudency is the key

Mediocrity in the name of prudence.
Re: Is A Nigerian Salary Earner Of 500k Per Month Considered Rich? by Igbofam2: 12:43pm On May 26, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

No mind am.

Will you keep kwayet angry

What do you even know about responsibility since you say you are yet unmarried and here you are wanting him to live a lavish life which includes smoking, drinking, clubbing etc as proof that his taste has changed and that he only lives once.

Women should learn to keep kwayet when men try to rationalize their pockets because na we know where our shoe dey pinch as we dey wear am.

The guy said what he said and he is right because I am just like him. I do not club, smoke, drink or womanize and I make 10 times of that 500k monthly.

Live a lavish life for yourself and let more sensible people with a future live their's according to their plans, projections and taste

4 Likes

Re: Is A Nigerian Salary Earner Of 500k Per Month Considered Rich? by Henz81: 12:43pm On May 26, 2022
ObosiUkwalla:

More money means more problems. Human wants are insatiable the more reason you keep spending what others consider to be enough. Anyways, it depends on the individual. I'm out of here

1 Like

Re: Is A Nigerian Salary Earner Of 500k Per Month Considered Rich? by BePrepared: 12:44pm On May 26, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

Of course, I can. But, I just made him to understand that a 500k earner can't be called rich in present-day Nigeria.

500k can feed and cloth small community weekly in Zamfara state.

Oga 500k whether present tense Nigeria or past tense Biafra na big money

1 Like

Re: Is A Nigerian Salary Earner Of 500k Per Month Considered Rich? by meobizy(f): 12:44pm On May 26, 2022
Lol. So this is the new strategy of selecting front page topics. Once a page generates continuous activity in the trending section the moderators throw it to front page so everyone else can have a go. These children are getting wise. The admin surely didn’t think it up.
Re: Is A Nigerian Salary Earner Of 500k Per Month Considered Rich? by IJEYdiamond(f): 12:44pm On May 26, 2022
Did u come out to tell how much u earn

Because u suppose use present Nigeria judge yourself... its not a topic to debate upon..

Well... since u dont have responsibilities as u said... u can add us... Lol...

Or if u r not okay... with the pay and u want to japa.. pls show us way the ur company... so that we can mange the above 500k..

Oga na manageable middle class u be..

Naria no get value rara... No be 6500 dubai money be # 1million naria...

God help us.... Lordddddddd!
Re: Is A Nigerian Salary Earner Of 500k Per Month Considered Rich? by Esales(m): 12:44pm On May 26, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

Others are just being sentimental, 500k is $830 salary monthly. My sister earned $1,200 as a nanny for a special needs child with only waec back in the days in the USA and someone said 500k is rich. This just goes to show that people are living in squalor in this country.

500k is average. I earn 1m+ monthly and I don't see myself as rich at all, I still have a long way to go. Plot of land is in millions, good cars are expensive. I refuse to buy a car older than 7yrs, that's 2015, check the price. I had to upgrade my apartment after hoodlums broke into my former apartment cus I stopped "dropping something", I lost over 2m worth of property in that raid cus I wanted to live in an apartment below 1m, now my first priority is security and a sane neighborhood, rent is now well above 2m.
Building a house? Plot of land in bariga is around 10m+/- 10% currently, I won't go to live with snakes and scorpions or subject myself to a life of 6hrs daily traffic cus I want to build my house on a land of 1-2m.

Rich starts from at least 2-3m. Anything lower is average.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is A Nigerian Salary Earner Of 500k Per Month Considered Rich? by spencekat(m): 12:44pm On May 26, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

Mediocrity in the name of prudence.
Take your argument and leave here
Re: Is A Nigerian Salary Earner Of 500k Per Month Considered Rich? by Angelfrost(m): 12:44pm On May 26, 2022
NigerianAngelo:

You are right. Absolutely right.

N500k is like N250k of 2014. So N500k is just a former N250k. No rich whatsoever.

If you don't have money you fancy it, but when you get closer you appreciate it's brief value.

Some saying you are rich forget then they will be paying rent and be forced to at least certain social responsibilities or contributions they are not faced with now.

I pray for all good persons in this country. That they may find employment. Good and stable employment. Earn N500k and live in grace.

In 2014, how many legit working Nigerians earned 250k per month?!!

How and when did 250k become an average monthly salary earned in 2014?!! In what kind of jobs?!!

You people need to choose your words more carefully... Such statements make young people unnecessarily desperate and criminal minded.

4 Likes

Re: Is A Nigerian Salary Earner Of 500k Per Month Considered Rich? by spencekat(m): 12:45pm On May 26, 2022
Angelfrost:

What is the meaning of AVERAGE?!!

If half a million Naira is an average salary in Nigeria, [/b]how many out of the over 80 Million working Nigerians earn that amount?!! [b]

How many Nigerians earn more than that in a month?!!

Talk is just cheap for most of you! undecided
Ask her.Well,talk is cheap.
Re: Is A Nigerian Salary Earner Of 500k Per Month Considered Rich? by Johel(m): 12:45pm On May 26, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

You are not serious atall...but that's your problem...if 500k no do you....Go thief or do yahoo + Na...how many pple even earn 300k this days?...oga park!.
Re: Is A Nigerian Salary Earner Of 500k Per Month Considered Rich? by Dikaveli2(m): 12:46pm On May 26, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

Start earning it and you will know.

As your income increases, your taste increases. Those that know, know.

So you start to earn the entire world before your taste stop increasing

3 Likes

Re: Is A Nigerian Salary Earner Of 500k Per Month Considered Rich? by BePrepared: 12:46pm On May 26, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

This is no argument, so forget it.

As I said before, 500k is an average salary. And what comparison does 50k have to do with 500k? When you are calling monthly stipends? 50k follow?

Na average money, biko.

I wonder how much you're currently earning.

If 50k is nothing what of married men with children collecting 15k from sec schools
Re: Is A Nigerian Salary Earner Of 500k Per Month Considered Rich? by Slynation(m): 12:46pm On May 26, 2022
phemmyfour:
When you get married and started buying cerelac/daipers or paying school fees every 3months, you LL know that what you have there is a peanut.

Your friend is only taking advantage of you, stop running errand for him with your money even though you can afford it. He's earning in dollars over there. At least, let him pay for service once in a while
My father didn't earn that much but he comfortably sponsored me and my 3 siblings from kindergarten to university level without third party so what are you saying...

The earlier you realize in life everything boils down to planning and sacrifice, the better for you...!!

2 Likes

Re: Is A Nigerian Salary Earner Of 500k Per Month Considered Rich? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 12:46pm On May 26, 2022
BePrepared:

500k can feed and cloth small community weekly in Zamfara state.

Oga 500k whether present tense Nigeria or past tense Biafra na big money

Why compare Zamfara to Lagos? What's the correlation? As long as you live in Lagos, PH or ABJ, your 500K earning is a joke.

1 Like

Re: Is A Nigerian Salary Earner Of 500k Per Month Considered Rich? by Stanfeelings: 12:47pm On May 26, 2022
You are rich in Nigerian poor man's perspective cz thats the yearly take home of many workers. but to me, u are comfortable until u start raising a family...yours i mean. but at that, u are ok as u can afford your basic needs with ease....but your friend is exploiting u. simple. stop it. limit it. tell him u have a project at hand or u have something u invested heavily on. he is richer than u in all angles o. get sense
Re: Is A Nigerian Salary Earner Of 500k Per Month Considered Rich? by Cti28(m): 12:47pm On May 26, 2022
ObosiUkwalla:

If I earn that amount in a month, I will have over 5 million in savings annually.
So OP, your are a rich man

1 Like

Re: Is A Nigerian Salary Earner Of 500k Per Month Considered Rich? by Enumerator(m): 12:48pm On May 26, 2022
cheesy
Johnchrix:
You are Rich Oga.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Grooming Centre Online Aptitude Test / Free Job Test And Interview Questions + Answers / Top Talent Recruitment By Workforce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.