Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,649 members, 7,827,396 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:27 AM

Emmanuel Amidu Vomits & Dies After Simple Faith School Teacher Flogged Him - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Emmanuel Amidu Vomits & Dies After Simple Faith School Teacher Flogged Him (56348 Views)

A School Teacher Did This To Your Son,as A Parent What Is Your Next Move ? / How A Teacher Flogged & Injured My Cousin At Nsude Seminary School (Graphic) / What Is The Highest Monthly Salary You Have Had As A Sec Or Pry School Teacher? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Emmanuel Amidu Vomits & Dies After Simple Faith School Teacher Flogged Him by Pray(m): 7:39pm On May 25, 2022
I bet to disagree. What makes you strong may kill others. Don't flog people's children. Some people are just moving corpse. Know this and know peace. Even if it was the father that flighed him before he died, he would have been held responsible.
Typicool8:
Too many senseless people on Nairaland.
Anyway from my point of view I think the boy died from something else not flogging because the whole class was flogged and so why is his own case different.
Meanwhile the hospital should conduct an autopsy to determine the cause of death

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Emmanuel Amidu Vomits & Dies After Simple Faith School Teacher Flogged Him by Nobody: 7:39pm On May 25, 2022
if na my son u come do this to him na to go look for tyre and fuel and burnt u alive
Re: Emmanuel Amidu Vomits & Dies After Simple Faith School Teacher Flogged Him by ZIAZI(m): 7:40pm On May 25, 2022
There's nothing like using soothing words to encourage a student. The use of corporal punishment is sick!

Na govt schools own bad pass. Frustrated teachers go dey descend on children like goat.

Flogging won't make them learn, it only instills unnecessary fear in them. Nigeria's educational system needs to be overhauled.
Wetin don come out since the flogging start? No be say we dey top for science or technology in the world sef! Pathetic!!! angry

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Emmanuel Amidu Vomits & Dies After Simple Faith School Teacher Flogged Him by Akharmony: 7:41pm On May 25, 2022
ok you flog am, now the child don die hope say the teacher eye done clear. . .
Re: Emmanuel Amidu Vomits & Dies After Simple Faith School Teacher Flogged Him by Angelfrost(m): 7:42pm On May 25, 2022
Anaerobi:
So sad that the boy died.

It's a pity many are saying ill about teachers, may God help us all.

Yeah.... It's sad how teachers are being attacked even before the release of an autopsy report.

That said... A lot of today teachers need to undergo proper training on disciplinary methods in the 21st Century.

Flogging is way past outdated, even frowned upon among many. Children can be disciplined without inflicting such bodily harm and scars on them...

Besides, flogging may just instill fear and resentment while making them more defiant or determined to defy authority.

Times are changing.... Good teachers make efforts to keep up with the times.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Emmanuel Amidu Vomits & Dies After Simple Faith School Teacher Flogged Him by TheSourcerer: 7:42pm On May 25, 2022
okrikaboi:
Homework and assignment at any educational level is useless only projects which are given considerable time to submit and defend make sense. I can't leave my house before seven remain till 4 or 6 and be expected to submit a write-up or whatever the next day.
I found out assignments ...Homeworks was actually created as a form of punishment but for some reason became a normal activity in the academic field.
Re: Emmanuel Amidu Vomits & Dies After Simple Faith School Teacher Flogged Him by We4all: 7:42pm On May 25, 2022
Why didn’t the other students die from the beating? It is obvious that boy had an underlying ailment. He even looks like someone suffering from sickle cell disease.

3 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Amidu Vomits & Dies After Simple Faith School Teacher Flogged Him by 9jakool: 7:44pm On May 25, 2022
This is why I don't support corporal punishment.
Re: Emmanuel Amidu Vomits & Dies After Simple Faith School Teacher Flogged Him by ictplotter(m): 7:45pm On May 25, 2022
Lanretoye:
If them born one nonsense teacher well make e flog my son for what so ever reason,even me wen born am self no dey beat am.if una know say my so no dey do well for school make una expel him no be to beat life out of him.
But when same son became wild n arrogant don't blame ur village people. Death is inevitable and every living soul has a specific time for it and every soul must taste death. Flogging is an Africa culture to discipline a child and flogging don't kill except there is something hidden about d death.

4 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Amidu Vomits & Dies After Simple Faith School Teacher Flogged Him by GoodIsGod: 7:45pm On May 25, 2022
Very sad.
He was not the only beaten but the only that died. May God comfort his parents.

My brother of late memory, died about two years ago. When he was in primary 2 or 3, he had a friend in the class I think his seat mate.
One day before morning devotion (assembly) the boy came to my brother and said, "I have a tin milk in my school bag. You can have because I will die today" my brother didn't take him serious because he was a boy ( age mate)
He said during break time they were all playing and suddenly the boy started convulsing. The teachers ran to him to give him first aid but the boy eventually died. My brother remembered his words in the morning. He said he did not take his patting gift.

The moral of this story is if you are a teacher never raise your hand to beat any child. Just a little knock on the head can take you to jail.
We live in a strange world.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Emmanuel Amidu Vomits & Dies After Simple Faith School Teacher Flogged Him by OYEDIPE(m): 7:45pm On May 25, 2022
Malory:
The question is why always Lagos? Is this because of Tinubu's bad luck?. Too many questions begging for answers
You are mentally retarded.
Re: Emmanuel Amidu Vomits & Dies After Simple Faith School Teacher Flogged Him by OmoOshodi(m): 7:45pm On May 25, 2022
The boy may be a sickle cell patient.....the school and the teacher in trouble if true.....health status of students is important while disciplining.

2 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Amidu Vomits & Dies After Simple Faith School Teacher Flogged Him by bmdmix15: 7:45pm On May 25, 2022
Maybe he was sick b4 d flogging.
Damn so sorry for the family n the teacher

2 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Amidu Vomits & Dies After Simple Faith School Teacher Flogged Him by biggy4joe(m): 7:45pm On May 25, 2022
Lanretoye:
If them born one nonsense teacher well make e flog my son for what so ever reason,even me wen born am self no dey beat am.if una know say my so no dey do well for school make una expel him no be to beat life out of him.
Like Emmanuel,what if ur son didn't make it home aliveWhat amount of revenge can bring him backThe teacher brought his frustration to work like most Nigerians do,how can someone that is normal use his energy and flog the class and u say he is not madMental illness is real and I can authoritatively tell u that 97.8% of Lagosians above 15years are mad....Rest in Peace Emmanuel

1 Like

Re: Emmanuel Amidu Vomits & Dies After Simple Faith School Teacher Flogged Him by Anaerobi(m): 7:46pm On May 25, 2022
Angelfrost:

Yeah.... It's sad how teachers are being attacked even before the release of an autopsy report.

That said... A lot of today teachers need to undergo proper training on disciplinary methods in the 21st Century.

Flogging is way past outdated, even frowned upon among many. Children can be disciplined without inflicting such bodily harm and scars on them...

Besides, flogging may just instill fear and resentment while making them more defiant or determined to defy authority.

Times are changing.... Good teachers make efforts to keep up with the times.

That's just it.

You nailed it.

The way people start saying all sort of things about teachers is annoying. They should equally keep their kids at home and teach them. That's why we keep on bringing up disastrous generation in name of upbringing.

Teachers also need to have a way of punishing a child when he does wrong too....

2 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Amidu Vomits & Dies After Simple Faith School Teacher Flogged Him by marsman: 7:46pm On May 25, 2022
Forgive me Lord!!!
The teacher must have spanked his center of gravity. tongue
RIP young Lad
Re: Emmanuel Amidu Vomits & Dies After Simple Faith School Teacher Flogged Him by spencekat(m): 7:46pm On May 25, 2022
Typicool8:
Too many senseless people on Nairaland.
Anyway from my point of view I think the boy died from something else not flogging because the whole class was flogged and so why is his own case different.
Meanwhile the hospital should conduct an autopsy to determine the cause of death
Good analysis.Autopsy is seriously needed.

1 Like

Re: Emmanuel Amidu Vomits & Dies After Simple Faith School Teacher Flogged Him by Osaremwantaelvi(m): 7:46pm On May 25, 2022
They should go back and check what killed their son. When did flogging start killing people, we were all flogged back in school, so flogging the child for not doing assignment isn't a crime anywhere. The child father should go back to is Village to know which of his people or his wife people killed their child. That's my submission

3 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Amidu Vomits & Dies After Simple Faith School Teacher Flogged Him by spencekat(m): 7:46pm On May 25, 2022
Conduct autopsy
Re: Emmanuel Amidu Vomits & Dies After Simple Faith School Teacher Flogged Him by We4all: 7:47pm On May 25, 2022
bong4:

A teacher flogged my son for writing the date like this: Wednesday, 25th May 2022. He said the boy was wasting time and book space and should have written it like this: 25/5/2022. He went ahead to tell the boy to be a man while the flogging continued.

Unfortunately for him, the next day was Open Day and I made sure he knew that the boy he flogged HAS A FATHER!

Quote me when your son becomes wayward.

2 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Amidu Vomits & Dies After Simple Faith School Teacher Flogged Him by We4all: 7:48pm On May 25, 2022
Lanretoye:

Alaye, if you have a well behaved son, no one would flog him.

1 Like

Re: Emmanuel Amidu Vomits & Dies After Simple Faith School Teacher Flogged Him by Angelfrost(m): 7:49pm On May 25, 2022
Anaerobi:

That's just it.

You nailed it.

The way people start saying all sort of things about teachers is annoying. They should equally keep their kids at home and teach them. That's why we keep on bringing up disastrous generation in name of upbringing.

Teachers also need to have a way of punishing a child when he does wrong too....

Yeah... There has to be a balance.

Teachers are supposed to be the second parents of children. So, discipline is something both parents and tutors can discuss, even agree on.

There should be no communication breach between both parties.
Re: Emmanuel Amidu Vomits & Dies After Simple Faith School Teacher Flogged Him by Nobody: 7:49pm On May 25, 2022
The teaching profession is one of the most delicate profession ever.!

2 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Amidu Vomits & Dies After Simple Faith School Teacher Flogged Him by femagj(m): 7:51pm On May 25, 2022
Can ordinary cane make someone vomit?
Re: Emmanuel Amidu Vomits & Dies After Simple Faith School Teacher Flogged Him by Anaerobi(m): 7:52pm On May 25, 2022
Angelfrost:

Yeah... There has to be a balance.

Teachers are supposed to be the second parents of children. So, discipline is something both parents and tutors can discuss, even agree on.

There should be no communication breach between both parties.

Some parents don't know what their children can do.
Re: Emmanuel Amidu Vomits & Dies After Simple Faith School Teacher Flogged Him by hupo: 7:52pm On May 25, 2022
First thing a educator should learn is the weakness and strength of the students placed under your care. That is why interaction with them is very necessary as it boost teacher/ students relationship.

Knowing the strength/ weakness of your student would guide you on the kind of punishment to mete out. That student must have had an underlying condition which could have been trigged by the cane.

We must learn to consider alternatives punishment aside flogging especially for the weak ones under our care
Re: Emmanuel Amidu Vomits & Dies After Simple Faith School Teacher Flogged Him by Justinahalisu64: 7:52pm On May 25, 2022
Gsgsgzv
Re: Emmanuel Amidu Vomits & Dies After Simple Faith School Teacher Flogged Him by kingyakos: 7:53pm On May 25, 2022
exynos:
There ought to be discipline, whatsoever. But when it gets too extreme, dissuade from it completely.

A teacher has no right to flogged any child in school, only the parent has right to do so.

1 Like

Re: Emmanuel Amidu Vomits & Dies After Simple Faith School Teacher Flogged Him by 3310adeb: 7:57pm On May 25, 2022
the beating is probably not the cause of the death,,, out of the whole classes then one promising boy just gave up like that,,
I will advice the victim parent not to be too emotional,

"Las Las Everybody go pai" .....
Bella Shmurda
Re: Emmanuel Amidu Vomits & Dies After Simple Faith School Teacher Flogged Him by chukwuibuipob: 7:57pm On May 25, 2022
grin Ajebo or Ajegunle,frustrated pipu wey hunger don bend finish.The teacher flogged the entire class not only him.Wisdom should tell the conFUSED pipu here that the lil boy is probably suffering from health issues NOT cane.Akoba Adaba,May we not see sha
dynicks:
Ajebo full this forum honestly!!

Meanwhile an autopsy should be done on the guy to really confirm what actually is the prime cause of his death!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Some Collections Of Fascinating Photos. / Top 20 Universities With Most Employed Graduates In Nigeria (list) / Who Is Kiki Mordi? Biography, BBC Journalist Exposed Sex For Grade In University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.