Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,558 members, 7,812,791 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:24 PM

The 10 Strongest Currencies In The World - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The 10 Strongest Currencies In The World (1388 Views)

Strongest Currencies In Africa Against The US Dollar. / 25 Most Expensive World Currencies In 2019 / Top 7 Strongest Currencies In Africa - October 1, 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The 10 Strongest Currencies In The World by Finanticum: 3:05pm On May 25, 2022
It can be fascinating to know that currencies used by nations of the world are not born the same and are stronger than one another even though they are either coins, notes or made from polymer.

And while we like to get the most out of our monies, even if it is just some tiny bits, it is very important to know that stronger currencies offer more buying power as opposed to lower currencies which have lower buying powers.

In this post, we highlight the 10 strongest currencies in the world. Before we proceed, brace yourself for a shocker as you might be left wondering how some of the currencies on the list made it when their countries are not a world power.

10. US Dollar

Surprisingly, the United States Dollar is the world’s 10th strongest currency in the world. As the name implies, it is the currency of the United States of America and it is the world’s most popular currency and undoubtedly the most traded currency in the world.

The United States Dollar is the world’s unconstitutional currency and holds the title of the world’s most reserve currency. Ironically, the United States Dollar is the weakest and least strong currency among the 10 strongest currencies in the world.

9. Swiss Franc – (1 CHF – $1.01 USD)

The official currency of Switzerland and Liechtenstein, the Swiss Franc is the ninth strongest currency in the world.

One Swiss Franc (1 CHF) converts to roughly $1.01. While this may not exactly be the best or strongest conversion rate to the USD, the Switzerland and Liechtenstein currency somehow finds a way to make just above the USD.

Switzerland, a landlocked country at the confluence of Western, Central and Southern Europe is one of the richest countries in the world and its banking and finance sector is pretty strong.

Another thing worthy of note is that Switzerland has some of the world’s strictest monetary policies and lowest debt levels; all of which have contributed greatly to attracting investors to the country.

The Swiss Franc (CHF) is the sixth most traded currency in the world.

8. Euro (€1 Euro = $1.04 USD)

The Euro, adopted on January 1, 1999, is the primary currency of the European Union. This means the Euro is the official currency of 19 out of 28 member countries of the EU.

The Euro first rolled out virtually in the form of traveller cheques, electronic bank transfers, and physical notes before its coins appeared a few years later in 2002.

7. Cayman Islands Dollar ($1 KYD = $1.20 USD)

The Cayman Island Dollar (KYD) is surprisingly stronger than the United States Dollar and the Euro!

The Cayman Islands is known as a haven for foodies and known for being one of the best tax havens in the world.

The Cayman Islands provide banking licenses for some of the biggest banks, insurance companies and hedge funds around the world.

The Cayman Islands Dollar (KYD) replaced the Jamaican Dollar the islands had been using in 1972 and had since gone ahead to become one of the strongest currencies in the world.

6. British Pound Sterling (£1 GBP = $1.20 USD)

The British Pound Sterling (GBP) is the sixth strongest currency in the world. The British Pound is the official currency of the United Kingdom.

Unlike the United States Dollar, the British Pound or Pound Sterling is often mistaken to be the world’s strongest currency. Strangely, it falls short of four Arabian currencies, all of which will be mentioned on this list.

The United Kingdom’s decision to break away from the European Union has somewhat impacted the Pound Sterling negatively over time.

The Pound Sterling is the oldest independent currency in the world and one of the most used across the world. It was first used in 1489.

5. Gibraltar Pound (£1 GIP = $1.23 USD)

The Gibraltar Pound (GIP) is the official currency of Gibraltar, a British Overseas territory on the Southern Coast of Spain.

While you can use the Gibraltar Pound on its own as a currency, you can also exchange it with the British Pound at the same rate or level. And just like the British Pound, the Gibraltar Pound is aesthetically pleasing and identical to the British Pound.

4. Jordanian Dinar (د.ا1 JOD = $1.41 USD)

The Jordanian Dinar (JOD) is the official currency of Jordan, an Arab nation situated in Western Asia or the Middle East. The country is located on the bank of the River Jordan.

The Jordanian Dinar was introduced in 1949 to replace the Palestinian Pound and has been pegged by the United States since 1995, a move that has made the Jordanian Dinar one of the world’s strongest currencies.

However, despite being the fourth-strongest currency in the world, the Jordanian Dinar is only used in Jordan and nowhere else in the world.

3. Omani Rial (ر.ع1 OMR = $2.60 USD)

The Omani Rial (OMR) is the third strongest country in the world. It is the official currency of Oman, an Arab nation located in the Middle East or West of Asia.

The Omani Rial was first introduced in 1973 and has since witnessed a significant rise in value owing to the country’s successive oil supply and like the Jordanian Dinar, is also pegged by the United States.

The purchasing power of the Omani Rial was so high that the Oman government had to introduce 1/4 and 1/2 Rial banknotes.

2. Bahraini Dinar (.د.ب1 BHD = $2.65 USD)

The Bahraini Dinar (BHD) is the second strongest currency in the world and it is the official currency of Bahrain. The Bahraini Dinar was first introduced in 1965.

Bahrain is also an Arab nation situated in the Persian Gulf of the West of Asia or the Middle East and the country is renowned for its groves of date palms. However, oil exports account for the wealth of the country.

Just like the Jordanian Dinar and the Omani Rial, the Bahraini Dinar is also only used in Bahrain and is also pegged by the United States.

1. Kuwaiti Dinar (د.ك1 KD = $3.26 USD)

The Kuwaiti Dinar is the strongest currency in the world. It is the official currency of the State of Kuwait, a Middle East country located in West Asia.

The Kuwaiti Dinar was first introduced in 1961 after Kuwait gained its independence from the United Kingdom. Since its introduction, the Kuwait Dinar has waxed stronger in value and has since become the world’s most powerful currency.

The Kuwaiti Dinar, unlike other Arab currencies on the list, has been pegged to several currencies in the past. Like the others, it was also pegged to the United States Dollar but only for a limited period of time, specifically from 2003 to 2007.

It was recently pegged to an unnamed basket and can only be used in Kuwait and nowhere else in the world.

Lalasticlala

Source: The 10 Strongest Currencies In The World

2 Likes

Re: The 10 Strongest Currencies In The World by Cubalabloo(m): 3:12pm On May 25, 2022
Thank God that our naira is the strongest in Africa.

1 Like

Re: The 10 Strongest Currencies In The World by shilenji(m): 3:14pm On May 25, 2022
I'm happy to see the Nigerian Naira(NGN) amongst. God bless our country.

1 Like

Re: The 10 Strongest Currencies In The World by viyon02: 3:15pm On May 25, 2022
Imagine a Nigerian medical doctor working in Kuwait.

1 Like

Re: The 10 Strongest Currencies In The World by Shalommy(f): 3:16pm On May 25, 2022
Op, so naira no follow? Chaiii.. cry
Re: The 10 Strongest Currencies In The World by Mickykarim: 3:17pm On May 25, 2022
HOW CAN A LOCALIZED CURRENCY THAT EXCHANGE AT Kuwaiti Dinar (د.ك1 KD = $3.26 USD) BE THE STONGEST IN THE WORLD?

Either makes no sense or the writer has no grasp of what he ventured into and or sponsored MISINFORMATION.
Re: The 10 Strongest Currencies In The World by ItsTutsi(m): 3:39pm On May 25, 2022
I definitely knew it was kuwait dinar even before opening the thread.. i was there for 3 years
Re: The 10 Strongest Currencies In The World by Sanchez01: 3:41pm On May 25, 2022
Mickykarim:
HOW CAN A LOCALIZED CURRENCY THAT EXCHANGE AT Kuwaiti Dinar (د.ك1 KD = $3.26 USD) BE THE STONGEST IN THE WORLD?

Either makes no sense or the writer has no grasp of what he ventured into and or sponsored MISINFORMATION.
Read nau...

I believe factors that make currencies strong are not necessarily tied to how popular the currency is or how international it goes. The most popular and reserved currency in the world is sitting on number 10 on the list, even behind a less popular currency like the Gibraltar Pound. Not sure the currency is spent elsewhere other than Gibraltar. Yet, it can be exchanged at the same rate as the British Pound, not even the United States Dollars.

Re: The 10 Strongest Currencies In The World by Sanchez01: 3:43pm On May 25, 2022
The Swiss Franc is the most beautiful currency in the world. So colourful.

It seems pegging the Middle East currencies somehow helps the USD not to fall far behind. Those guys have oil in abundance and can control the world in an instant. Nigeria has oil too though, but our story is a shameful one.
Re: The 10 Strongest Currencies In The World by Sergio104(m): 3:46pm On May 25, 2022
Kuwait......ike cool
Re: The 10 Strongest Currencies In The World by shilenji(m): 4:27pm On May 25, 2022
Well,taxes take a lot from it but still it's too much earning. Coupled with the fact that most of the highest paying job are reserved for natives.
viyon02:
Imagine a Nigerian medical doctor working in Kuwait.
Re: The 10 Strongest Currencies In The World by okrikaboi: 4:27pm On May 25, 2022
Na to bomb Kuwait now so
Re: The 10 Strongest Currencies In The World by Unzerious: 5:36pm On May 25, 2022
It isn't about how 'Strong' a Currency is, but how good the Economy and Industrial Sector.

The Japanese Yen and Korean Won aren't as invaluable as the Lot you mentioned, but their Economy definitely is a big step better than most of them (Kuwait in Particular).

2 Likes

Re: The 10 Strongest Currencies In The World by Ex0rcistt: 6:00pm On May 25, 2022
Unzerious:
It isn't about how 'Strong' a Currency is, but how good the Economy and Industrial Sector.

The Japanese Yen and Korean Won aren't as invaluable as the Lot you mentioned, but their Economy definitely is a big step better than most of them (Kuwait in Particular).
Yeah, I also want to mention this. Our naira sef worth pass S/Korea Won, even Vietnam Dong but their economy is very strong, and their living conditions is better thanours.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The 10 Strongest Currencies In The World by Samfloxin(m): 6:36pm On May 25, 2022
Can I get a visa to Kuwait?
Re: The 10 Strongest Currencies In The World by Generalwoodz(m): 8:39pm On May 25, 2022
okrikaboi:
Na to bomb Kuwait now so
those peeps stingy...
Re: The 10 Strongest Currencies In The World by Boss469(m): 12:00am On May 26, 2022
Strong currency does not mean strong economy.
Re: The 10 Strongest Currencies In The World by henrimoto(m): 12:11am On May 26, 2022
Sanchez01:
The Swiss Franc is the most beautiful currency in the world. So colourful.

It seems pegging the Middle East currencies somehow helps the USD not to fall far behind. Those guys have oil in abundance and can control the world in an instant. Nigeria has oil too though, but our story is a shameful one.
My brother, very shamefull and heart-breaking.
Re: The 10 Strongest Currencies In The World by Desperados(m): 1:09am On May 26, 2022
okrikaboi:
Na to bomb Kuwait now so

As their money strong, na so e get value for the country too

Imagine woman say 100KD(kuwaiti dinar) na be her monthly salary.
she go pay house rent, electricity bill, buy foodstuff & extra frm inside dat money.

Na so my guy weak block her cos he don dey plan to bill 200KD as first billing.

just go bomb their men instead.

NB: 1KD = 1357naira

1 Like

Re: The 10 Strongest Currencies In The World by okrikaboi: 7:02am On May 26, 2022
Desperados:

As their money strong, na so e get value for the country too

Imagine woman say 100KD(kuwaiti dinar) na be her monthly salary.
she go pay house rent, electricity bill, buy foodstuff & extra frm inside dat money.

Na so my guy weak block her cos he don dey plan to bill 200KD as first billing.

just go bomb their men instead.

NB: 1KD = 1357naira
Of course na their men anything middle east na the man I get Iran update and the work dey progress
Re: The 10 Strongest Currencies In The World by Desperados(m): 7:10am On May 26, 2022
okrikaboi:

Of course na their men anything middle east na the man I get Iran update and the work dey progress

Oya na, mak we exchange and share updates

i get bigger ones wey u go love

Na me be UPDATE LORD.... but i hustle street & legal biz
Re: The 10 Strongest Currencies In The World by okrikaboi: 7:12am On May 26, 2022
Desperados:

Oya na, mak we exchange and share updates

i get bigger ones wey u go love

Na me be UPDATE LORD.... but i hustle street & legal biz
okay na my WhatsApp be this +15415894609 I make quality shoes too bros yahoo no be work na empowerment
Re: The 10 Strongest Currencies In The World by Desperados(m): 7:17am On May 26, 2022
okrikaboi:
okay na my WhatsApp be this +15415894609 I make quality shoes too bros yahoo no be work na empowerment

Connection is key. U wil learn a lot and improve likewise me too.

drop ur nigerian contact too...

(u wil take it down in 15mins)
Re: The 10 Strongest Currencies In The World by okrikaboi: 7:23am On May 26, 2022
Desperados:

Connection is key. U wil learn a lot and improve likewise me too.

drop ur nigerian contact too...

(u wil take it down in 15mins)
No I don't do that on this forum I am a ghost here. Life in the real world is crazy fam I'm just a lad trying to leave the trenches I'm not sharing anything with someone I met on a faceless forum
Re: The 10 Strongest Currencies In The World by Desperados(m): 7:28am On May 26, 2022
okrikaboi:

No I don't do that on this forum I am a ghost here. Life in the real world is crazy fam I'm just a lad trying to leave the trenches I'm not sharing anything with someone I met on a faceless forum

Calm down bro, we are all ghost here.

well, i respect ur decision.

TTYS...

(1) (Reply)

Bitcoin Arbitrage Bureaucracy (bab) - Who $50 Limit Help ? The Ultimate Guide..! / I Want To Market My VOIP Software / I Need Great Supplier Of Ago, Pms And Crude Oil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.