Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,599 members, 7,827,259 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:45 AM

My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us (47159 Views)

I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later / How Can I Handle This Issue With The Wife Of My Boss? / German Wife Of Nigerian Man Shares Experience Visiting Nigeria With Her Kids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by mercy87(f): 2:12pm On May 26, 2022
InsideLife2022:
I have been an active member on this forum for the past eight years. I just created this account to bring this issue to limelight. Good evening gentlemen and ladies. I got married in late 2020. God being merciful, we are blessed with a baby of 5 months. My wife has been giving me attitudes of recent. I have tried to find out what the problem has been, she is not saying anything tangible. I am being confused and depressed. I have been begging her to come back to join me after delivery. She keeps traumazing me emotionally. She just told me our marriage is over. She couldn't say what the problem is.

She has not been taking care of the baby. She was medically advised to stop breastfeeding our baby permanently. Is not that she breastfeeds our baby. My mother in-law and sisters in-law have been complaining about her lack of motherly treats.

They told me she doesn't even know how to take care of the baby. They cannot allow my child to be in her custody because she can't take care of the baby as a mother. She has fought her mother for asking her to leave her house to join her husband. Every member of her family has been asking her what the problem is. She keeps telling them to come and marry me that it's over between us.

I haven't told any of my family members or my friends of what is going on in my marriage. I am a kind of person that do not like involving a third party in my new marriage of lest than two years.

Her family has never supported her actions. Her mom and her siblings have been asking me to come take my wife and baby. But, my wife is not ready to join me. It has been a serious issues in her family house each time they push her to go meet her husband.

Her family has ask me to come with some soldiers or the police to come carry my baby and leave her since she claims she is no longer interested in any marriage. I have been trying my best to make sure my wife never lacked anything during her pregnancy and even after delivery.

My in-laws have been very supportive and good to me. I know they have never and will not support her for her wrong actions and behaviors. My challenge is, my baby is just 5 months and I don't want to take the baby to my parents because of the questions people around will be asking. I don't want to be seen as someone who is separated from his wife. I hate divorce with passion. My wife does not have any concrete reason why she decides to stay off our marriage.

Her family is fully in support of my next actions of going to take my baby. Now, the question is this; is it advisable to keep the baby with me while I employ a nanny to raise the baby with me?

Please and please I need mature and sensible advise.

Cc: RoyalRoy

I want this thread to be moved to the right and appropriate section. Thank you!

She is suffering from PTSD. Google it. Help her.
Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by Kamachicho(f): 2:12pm On May 26, 2022
She's going through a post natal depression. She needs medical attention asap.

I am not a medical practitioner but the symptoms are so visible.
Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by Nobody: 2:13pm On May 26, 2022
Hmmm less than 2 years? Didn't you court?
Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by Groovedaddy: 2:14pm On May 26, 2022
In relationship or in marriage, I have one treatment, one solution for an unreasonable partner-I kick her out. This one is unreasonable and is even saving OP the trouble
Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by Dynamicboss: 2:14pm On May 26, 2022
Different strokes for every folks in marriage. Have you and her family investigated if she is receiving strange calls from a man? Could it be she is still traumatized by the birth of your child? Could the fault come as a result of you not been sensitive to her emotional needs? Did you hurt her through painful words?

Do all these checks and balances and if you are blameless, let her be and take custody of the child since she is an unwilling mother. Also, seek the counsel of prayer by asking God to intervene and touch her heart

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by Abujason: 2:14pm On May 26, 2022
InsideLife2022:
I have been an active member on this forum for the past eight years. I just created this account to bring this issue to limelight. Good evening gentlemen and ladies. I got married in late 2020. God being merciful, we are blessed with a baby of 5 months. My wife has been giving me attitudes of recent. I have tried to find out what the problem has been, she is not saying anything tangible. I am being confused and depressed. I have been begging her to come back to join me after delivery. She keeps traumazing me emotionally. She just told me our marriage is over. She couldn't say what the problem is.

She has not been taking care of the baby. She was medically advised to stop breastfeeding our baby permanently. Is not that she breastfeeds our baby. My mother in-law and sisters in-law have been complaining about her lack of motherly treats.

They told me she doesn't even know how to take care of the baby. They cannot allow my child to be in her custody because she can't take care of the baby as a mother. She has fought her mother for asking her to leave her house to join her husband. Every member of her family has been asking her what the problem is. She keeps telling them to come and marry me that it's over between us.

I haven't told any of my family members or my friends of what is going on in my marriage. I am a kind of person that do not like involving a third party in my new marriage of lest than two years.

Her family has never supported her actions. Her mom and her siblings have been asking me to come take my wife and baby. But, my wife is not ready to join me. It has been a serious issues in her family house each time they push her to go meet her husband.

Her family has ask me to come with some soldiers or the police to come carry my baby and leave her since she claims she is no longer interested in any marriage. I have been trying my best to make sure my wife never lacked anything during her pregnancy and even after delivery.

My in-laws have been very supportive and good to me. I know they have never and will not support her for her wrong actions and behaviors. My challenge is, my baby is just 5 months and I don't want to take the baby to my parents because of the questions people around will be asking. I don't want to be seen as someone who is separated from his wife. I hate divorce with passion. My wife does not have any concrete reason why she decides to stay off our marriage.

Her family is fully in support of my next actions of going to take my baby. Now, the question is this; is it advisable to keep the baby with me while I employ a nanny to raise the baby with me?

Then thank God and move on. She is not a wife material. It’s better this happened early in the marriage than after many years of her wahala.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by ogbuefi677(m): 2:15pm On May 26, 2022
[quote author=InsideLife2022 post=113179023][/quote]
Take her to see a doctor, preferably a psychiatrist.
Might've had/having peuperal/postpartum psychosis
Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by qrymz(m): 2:15pm On May 26, 2022
If her attitude started after childbirth, kindly Google 'Postpartum Psychosis'

If she possesses these symptoms then you gotta take care of the baby cos she might harm your baby

InsideLife2022:

Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by mercy87(f): 2:16pm On May 26, 2022
Postpartum disorder. I meant. Google it. Help her. It can even drive her to suicide. Please and please help her. Don't criticize her. Love on her, be patient, Understand and empathize with her. Help her get through this.
Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by kokomilala(m): 2:17pm On May 26, 2022
Another One Got Away

R.Kelly famously waxed lyrical that when a woman is fed up there's nothing you can do about it. Pls, stop begging her. By begging her,you're inflaming the situation. Pretend as if you don't care. I've found myself in that kind of situation, although on a bf-gf level, not marital level.

They don't always give concrete reasons, because they are lame. Something, most possibly, an instinct is driving her. Refrain from her and watch from the sidelines.

Your baby will survive. See, forget nonsense! Tan ni yawo osi? Who owns a stupid wife? You'll get someone that will take care of your baby. After all, some women died at childbirth. The babies survived and became influential in society.

4 Likes

Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by mercy87(f): 2:18pm On May 26, 2022
Be careful of the advice you get from ignorant folks here. Rehoboam rejected good advice and listen to his friends advice which destroyed and divided the kingdom of Israel. Be wise. Your wife may possibly have Postpartum depression.
Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by Didi2d(m): 2:18pm On May 26, 2022
Go and celebrate. You've been delivered from something bad!

I didn't even read your write up before commenting sef
Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by NwaIgboBoy(m): 2:18pm On May 26, 2022
She run b4 u use sex kill her[b][/b]
Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by cedricksly: 2:18pm On May 26, 2022
InsideLife2022:

might just be that she feels the baby was never meant to happen in the first place or thinks the baby would put her life to a pause for the next 2 to 3 years,, which is a wrong thinking. Don't blame your self for her no being responsible, just take the baby to your mother of she isn't that old or needs support from a nanny herself.. No give ur 5months to nanny abeg.. Bro it can't get worse than this, it will only get better... God Forbid (assuming she died during child birth) won't you take care and raise your baby Me I started staying with my grandma from 3 months not that my mother abandoned me anyway because the stress on her then was too much going to work and coming morning and evening to get me my grandma(paternal) asked her to leave me with her, Na so I dey with her till 11years. So bro you and the baby go survive, her eyes go soon clear, just patient small and ignore her completely.. ALL I WANT YOU TO KNOW IS THAT YOUR BABY IS NOT SAFE WITH HER..

1 Like

Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by iambanks(m): 2:21pm On May 26, 2022
Sounds like post partum depression. Get help from psychologist, get informed by reading about it online, go and see your wife physically and re-assure her.
It is a long journey, but you have to be intentional.
Cheers.
Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by Cantonese: 2:21pm On May 26, 2022
“ I haven't told any of my family members or my friends of what is going on in my marriage. I am a kind of person that do not like involving a third party in my new marriage of lest than two years.

Her family has never supported her actions. Her mom and her siblings have been asking me to come take my wife and baby. But, my wife is not ready to join me. It has been a serious issues in her family house each time they push her to go meet her husband”.

You do not want a third party. You consider your family as the third party. Your wife’s family is not a third party by your calculation.

When you get married, do not disrespect your family in anyway. Your spouse may just join you to ridicule your own family.

No one can counsel you appropriately on this forum, with the incomplete information that you have given.

I ask you to tell your family what’s happening and then get them to meet your wife and in-laws. If your wife remains adamant, then that’s that!
Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by Didi2d(m): 2:21pm On May 26, 2022
kokomilala:
Another One Got Away

R.Kelly famously waxed lyrical that when a woman is fed up there's nothing you can do about it. Pls, stop begging her. By begging her,you're inflaming the situation. Pretend as if you don't care. I've found myself in that kind of situation, although on a bf-gf level, not marital level.

They don't always give concrete reasons, because they are lame. Something, most possibly, an instinct is driving her. Refrain from her and watch from the sidelines.

Your baby will survive. See, forget nonsense! Tan ni yawo osi? Who owns a stupid wife? You'll get someone that will take care of your baby. After all, some womem died at childbirth. The babies survived and became influential in society.

Thank you jare.
And if he goes begging and she eventually comes back, he will forever be in the disadvantage side of the marriage. He will beg and beg her for almost everything.

I will advice, he should just seat back and watch

1 Like

Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by Tukor1759: 2:23pm On May 26, 2022
InsideLife2022:

stop living a life of what people will say, thanks

1 Like

Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by Lastic: 2:23pm On May 26, 2022
A quick question please?
1. When did she start showing you signs that she isn’t interested in the marriage?
2. Doesn’t she look alright , I mean does she look normal when conversing?
3. Have you heard of Postpartum depression?
I can only advise if you can answer these three questions clearly.

InsideLife2022:

Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by Henricarter(m): 2:23pm On May 26, 2022
She clocked 50 yesterday
after4:
how old is she?
Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by Slynation(m): 2:24pm On May 26, 2022
InsideLife2022:

The thought of what people will say has definitely kept many bondage... Remember you owe nobody any explanations, your family especially your mum is your surest bet in taking care of the baby but here you are protecting the interest of the naysayers over the welfare of your child...

The choice is yours...

1 Like

Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by Sterope(f): 2:25pm On May 26, 2022
InsideLife2022

Have you ruled out postpartum mental health issues?
Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by jaxxy(m): 2:25pm On May 26, 2022
after4:
she is in love with someone else!
no kill yourself over her

No single evidence or clue just imagination. undecided

1 Like

Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by Jayrockk: 2:26pm On May 26, 2022
InsideLife2022:

My brother try and hid to this advice im about to give you now please.
Try to reason with her again, but if she insist on leaving you, let her go, because if u pressure her to come back, she might leave again eventually or cheat on you sef.
Secondly you said u hate divorce, my brother if she wants to divorce u she has the right to divorce u, and eventually everyone will know about your marital predicament (It is what it is, pressure makes diamonds).
Move on with your life, be a better version of yourself (you'll meet someone along the line), triple your hustle and aim to make millions of dollars (easier said than done but possible, you have a million dollars inside you, you just need to figure how to get it out),
Give your child the best love, care and education, if you're rich enough send your child to a football or lawn tennis academy or aviation schools (whatever you know is best for your child). Build a brand for yourself. Your wife will regret her decision. Remember!, Don't force her to come back if not she'll only resent
you.
Now I want you to picture everything I said, and work towards it

1 Like

Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by mukthar2000(m): 2:27pm On May 26, 2022
Talk to her to understand her reason, but if she insisted let her be, u don't need to employe any Nanny .collect ur beautiful baby to your mummy and explain things to her .

1 Like

Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by Angelfrost(m): 2:27pm On May 26, 2022
Postpartum Depression is written all over this...

Apart from that, I suspect general mental health.

How close are you to her?!! Are you empathetic or distant?!!
Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by ebuka440: 2:28pm On May 26, 2022
If it's not postpartum depression, then you have to go to the hospital where she gave birth to ask some questions.
She may not be able to breastfeed the baby if she has HIV, please am not saying that she has but we usually advise those with HIV not to breastfeed their babies.
Again, what is your wife's blood group? If she's O-, then she can't breastfeed your baby unless she takes an injection.
My advice, get a doctor first to check her mental health but believe me, if any of these things mentioned above are in the negative, she will be fine in three months time.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by SeriouslySense(m): 2:28pm On May 26, 2022
There is no problem, you are making this problem drag out, the solution is in your hands because i see this in what you wrote.

My challenge is, my baby is just 5 months and I don't want to take the baby to my parents because of the questions people around will be asking. I don't want to be seen as someone who is separated from his wife. I hate divorce with passion. My wife does not have any concrete reason why she decides to stay off our marriage.

Why do you care what others think.

Whatever you do, make sure its for the best interest of everybody, especially for you and more importantly that child.

For now you may not divorce her, give her maybe some time, but you have to do what is best for that child.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by Androgens: 2:29pm On May 26, 2022
Mumu Men Everywhere. Cry me a river.grin
Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by Lepon02: 2:29pm On May 26, 2022
InsideLife2022:

Leave her, let her go.

Move on with your life.

Best wishes to you and your child.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by kokomilala(m): 2:29pm On May 26, 2022
@Didi2d, I agree with you absolutely.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by aktolly54(m): 2:29pm On May 26, 2022
Op forget about nanny ,if your mother can't help you nurture the baby then find family member whom you trust to do the job.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

My Fiancée Called Off Our Wedding With Four Days To Go / Lady Who Left Her Hostel At Gbagada For A Party On The Island Missing (Photos) / Hausa Muslim Girl Impregnated By Igbo Man Dies During Childbirth, Family Wants..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 143
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.