Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,601 members, 7,809,184 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:36 AM

Tony Cole Clinches Rivers APC Governorship Ticket - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tony Cole Clinches Rivers APC Governorship Ticket (15773 Views)

Emeka Ihedioha Wins Imo PDP Governorship Ticket / Reno Omokri Reacts To Femi Otedola Accepting Lagos State PDP Governorship Ticket / Femi Otedola Accepts PDP Lagos Governorship Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tony Cole Clinches Rivers APC Governorship Ticket by MadeINchenzen2: 9:04pm On May 26, 2022
Tonye Cole, a Lagos-based businessman and ally of former Transportation Minister Rotimi Amaechi, has won the Rivers State All Progressives Congress governorship primary.

Cole defeated three other primary candidates to become the party's governorship candidate in the state for the 2023 general election.

The businessman received 986 votes, beating out Ojukaye Flag Amachree, Seconte Davies, Ibinabo West, and Benrard Mikko, who received 190, 47, 43, and 2 votes, respectively, to finish second, third, and fourth.

Senator Magnus Abe received one despite not participating in the exercise.

Larry Odey, Chairman of the Rivers State APC Governorship Primaries Election, who announced the results, stated that a total of 1308 delegates were accredited, 1295 votes were cast, 1285 valid votes were cast, and 12 votes were voided.

Meanwhile, the winner, Tonye Cole, urged Senator Magnus Abe to sheath his swords in his acceptance speech.

Cole, who called the primaries the most transparent electoral process he had ever seen, promised to industrialize the state if elected in the general election next year.

“I want to thank the leadership of APC IN rivers State and Rt Hon Chibuike Ameachi for believing in this process.

“APC is on a mission to bring hope to the people of Rivers State. We will industrialized Rivers State I want to also thank every other aspirants namely.

“I had made a promise to suppprt anyone who emerges winner at the primaries including Sen Magnus Abe, and I want to use this medium to urge him to lay down his sword, let us all work together,” he stated.

https://www.regencyreporters.com.ng/2022/05/BREAKING-Amaechis-Man-Tony-Cole-Clinches-Rivers-APC-Governorship-Ticket.html

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tony Cole Clinches Rivers APC Governorship Ticket by Malory: 9:05pm On May 26, 2022
I will like APC to humble the garrulous Wike

52 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tony Cole Clinches Rivers APC Governorship Ticket by Terkx(m): 9:09pm On May 26, 2022
Dakuku peter side didn't run in this election? ������������

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tony Cole Clinches Rivers APC Governorship Ticket by longetivity(m): 9:29pm On May 26, 2022
Wike's candidate will beat him blue black in Rivers guber election

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tony Cole Clinches Rivers APC Governorship Ticket by Bobloco: 9:30pm On May 26, 2022
All is now set for a battle Royale in River State

8 Likes

Re: Tony Cole Clinches Rivers APC Governorship Ticket by ayoolataiwo(m): 9:30pm On May 26, 2022
Congratulations Mr Tonye,,probe every penny spent during this drunkard,that's if you win the general election o

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tony Cole Clinches Rivers APC Governorship Ticket by nzeobi(m): 9:47pm On May 26, 2022
Congratulations and I hope you win the general elections. Its time we start voting people who have history of wealth creation and managing wealth.

The 460 billion naira wike looted in Rivers State was enough for the State to build a refinery of 40000 bpd capacity but he got intoxicated with public funds.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tony Cole Clinches Rivers APC Governorship Ticket by Rastaramsey(m): 10:08pm On May 26, 2022
nzeobi:
Congratulations and I hope you win the general elections. Its time we start voting people who have history of wealth creation and managing wealth

Tell the history of this one undecided
How many things have he managed

10 Likes

Re: Tony Cole Clinches Rivers APC Governorship Ticket by Buckeyemedia1: 10:21pm On May 26, 2022
Rastaramsey:

Tell the history of this one undecided
How many things have he managed
Are you referring to Tonye Cole, You must be a kid to business & politics?

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tony Cole Clinches Rivers APC Governorship Ticket by Esama: 10:22pm On May 26, 2022
grin senator abbey right now.

4 Likes

Re: Tony Cole Clinches Rivers APC Governorship Ticket by Poloyanabo2(m): 10:35pm On May 26, 2022
Tonye Cole not Tony Cole,

Ijaws got Rivers state come 2023

10 Likes

Re: Tony Cole Clinches Rivers APC Governorship Ticket by Nigerialabalaba: 10:40pm On May 26, 2022
Malory:
I will like APC to humble the garrulous Wike
U dis omo ibo sef. Na all ur wishes dey always go d opppsite way. No be winch be dat

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tony Cole Clinches Rivers APC Governorship Ticket by djon78(m): 10:41pm On May 26, 2022
nzeobi:
Congratulations and I hope you win the general elections. Its time we start voting people who have history of wealth creation and managing wealth

Tonye Cole is a technocrat

Owner of Sahara energy

And he is Kalabari

He will beat PDP blue and black

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tony Cole Clinches Rivers APC Governorship Ticket by chrisxxx(m): 10:50pm On May 26, 2022
ayoolataiwo:
Congratulations Mr Tonye,,probe every penny spent during this drunkard,that's if you win the general election o
Take Tonye Cole to Borokiri he will ask someone his way home to Abonnema. He doesn't know his polling unit as at last time he contested.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tony Cole Clinches Rivers APC Governorship Ticket by Miracle2020: 11:07pm On May 26, 2022
I watch it on television it was very transparent

3 Likes

Re: Tony Cole Clinches Rivers APC Governorship Ticket by DSS1335: 11:17pm On May 26, 2022
angry
That is the man for the job in the brick house.
The many unpardonable sins of Wike...wike is a smart crook.

He anointed Simi Fubara, the accountant general of Rivers state his successor so as to cover up all his reckless expenditure and misappropriation of funds to the tune of N435Billion.

Wike ensured that biometric verification of staffs was done twice, not because he has the interest in civil servants' welfare, no he was angry that huge billions are being spent on wage bill and needed to free up much funds so as to enable him and his cronies to loot . That is why he never approved promotion and employment of new staffs into the civil service despite appropriating additional N10billion naira yearly to take care of that. Nobody could could challenge him, not even the rubber stamp members of RHA.
Rivers state public servants thought Wike was the messiah they need to turn around the fortunes of their wellbeing, Alas! Chibuike Amaechi was even a saint compared to Wike.
No promotion, no approval of minimum wage rather he approved additional N10K across all salary. Wike may God treat you the way you treated Rivers state civil servants. There is no way, i repeat there is no way are we going to allow your puppet criminal accountant general to govern us. God forbid evil

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tony Cole Clinches Rivers APC Governorship Ticket by saintkeppy(m): 11:58pm On May 26, 2022
Congratulations to Mr. Tonye Cole, APC has finally taken over Rivers State.

That PDP candidate Simi Fubara allegedly has case with EFCC.

I can see Ojukaye Flag Amachree from Buguma, Asari Toru LGA.
Nice one let power move to the Riverine bloc of Rivers State. Let them team up with him, get a good running mate & deliver Tonye Cole.

19 Likes

Re: Tony Cole Clinches Rivers APC Governorship Ticket by poshestmina(f): 1:03am On May 27, 2022
Good thing,Power is finally moving away from Ikwerre.
They've held unto it for too long.

9 Likes

Re: Tony Cole Clinches Rivers APC Governorship Ticket by Malory: 7:31am On May 27, 2022
Nigerialabalaba:

U dis omo ibo sef. Na all ur wishes dey always go d opppsite way. No be winch be dat
Shatap

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tony Cole Clinches Rivers APC Governorship Ticket by DuBLINGreenb(m): 7:37am On May 27, 2022
Alabo bo eh

Kalabari/Ijaw is back to Rivers state Government house sanity will be restored to Rivers state no more tout-ish motor park-ish representation of Rivers

Tonye* not Tony
Mod take correction

8 Likes

Re: Tony Cole Clinches Rivers APC Governorship Ticket by Lockaya: 7:37am On May 27, 2022
angry
Re: Tony Cole Clinches Rivers APC Governorship Ticket by BestMan001: 7:37am On May 27, 2022
Not bad

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tony Cole Clinches Rivers APC Governorship Ticket by SensualMan: 7:37am On May 27, 2022
In as much as I know Amaechi is going to be the President of the federal Republic of Nigeria, I know his candidate won't make it.

Wike is FULLY on ground in Rivers politics and no amount of federal power, machinery can dislodge wike's candidate and PDP in Rivers state.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tony Cole Clinches Rivers APC Governorship Ticket by emmykk(m): 7:38am On May 27, 2022
Good morning all.

Tinubu will be disqualified by APC presidential screening committee using criminal petition against him as excuse to shutdown his ambition.✓

Note it down

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tony Cole Clinches Rivers APC Governorship Ticket by bigdammyj: 7:40am On May 27, 2022
Noted
Re: Tony Cole Clinches Rivers APC Governorship Ticket by Hndrrxxx(m): 7:40am On May 27, 2022
Hate that I have to be the only one to point it out but the mods overslept today and the bots got here quite early
Re: Tony Cole Clinches Rivers APC Governorship Ticket by rolams(m): 7:41am On May 27, 2022
djon78:

Owner of Sahara energy

And he is Kalabari

See this one! He beat who?

1 Like

Re: Tony Cole Clinches Rivers APC Governorship Ticket by Moventist: 7:41am On May 27, 2022
djon78:

Owner of Sahara energy

And he is Kalabari

Ignorance ! If it's about Kalabari voting strength, even Senate, they won't be able to make . But Thank God Rivers Election is not tribal affairs but interest

Rivers' APC is so divided and they don't have PDP's strength

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tony Cole Clinches Rivers APC Governorship Ticket by Deltatoto: 7:42am On May 27, 2022
djon78:

Owner of Sahara energy

And he is Kalabari

he will not sir.we have seen technocrats before.infact technocrats lost most elections.don’t forget apc has a divided house in rivers.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tony Cole Clinches Rivers APC Governorship Ticket by Maxymilliano(m): 7:42am On May 27, 2022
Tonye is going no where

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Afenifere, Ohanaeze Back Jonathan’s Declaration / Senator Akpabio: I Didn’t Say I Regret Making Udom Emmanuel Governor / Keyamo: 100 Groups Rushing To Buy Nomination Form For Buhari ‘Na Dem Dey Rus Us'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.