Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,641 members, 7,809,403 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:00 AM

2023: I’ll start from where Buhari stops, Lawan says to delegates - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: I’ll start from where Buhari stops, Lawan says to delegates (11208 Views)

Tinubu Will Continue From Where Buhari Stops – Nasarawa Speaker / Fact Check: Did Tinubu Share Ghana Must-Go Bags Containing Cash To Delegates? / Aisha Buhari Stops Oshiomhole From Entering President Buhari's House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: I’ll start from where Buhari stops, Lawan says to delegates by pinkPUSSY(f): 8:44am On May 27, 2022
The Senate President, Ahmad Lawan, has pledged that he will start where the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), will stop.

Lawan said this on Thursday in Abuja while addressing and wooing leaders and delegates of the All Progressives Congress from the Federal Capital Territory for votes.

He said he had offered himself for the job because he possessed the essentials that would make him an effective and efficient President of Nigeria.

Lawan said, “I stand here before you to tell you why I believe that I have what it takes. The social, political, and educational wherewithal, are the essentials that will make me an effective and efficient President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria after President Muhammadu Buhari finishes his tenure.

“For me, I am not an ethnic or geopolitical candidate. In fact, I always look forward to having the best from any part of Nigeria. So because I ran for this office and because I am from the North should not be any reason for me to say that somebody from another part of the country, for example, from the southern part of the country, cannot be President.

“I present the credentials that I have, with all humility the requisite training, the requisite experience, and the network and links across the country to make Nigeria greater.”

The Senate president also noted that the race for the presidency of Nigeria should be a contest of ideas and not one’s ethnicity.

He added, “So let this contest be a contest of ideas. No contest of where someone is coming from. I respect all the distinguished aspirants and I believe that whoever has the opportunity can serve well. But I will say that I can serve better.

“I am in between the old and the young. Only 63 years. So I can link up with the old ones because I am a young old man and I am also an old young man.

“But above all and on a somber note, I have seen, I have practice governance in a very close range. Today, I am working with the President, President Muhammadu Buhari very closely. As the President of the Senate, we also have reasons to engage, to interact for the development of our country.”

Lawan added that they had supported the president and the APC administration because the Legislature and the Executive arm of government are APC.

He added, “We are supposed to have the same programmes, the same manifestoes, whether you are in the Legislature or the Executive. As members of APC in the National Assembly, what is expected of us is to support our President, our Presidency, and our Government to deliver services to the people of Nigeria.

“And that is what we have been doing over the last three years and that is what we will do until when this administration will complete its tenure.

“So I want to start from where Mr. President will stop. I want to consolidate from where Mr. President would have finished. I want to continue all those very successful work and services that President Muhammadu Buhari will provide to Nigerians.

“I have no doubt in my mind that this administration has gotten so many things right. It has done so many things that are successful. Some are not as successful. Some are not at all. For those that are so successfully done, we need to build on them. We need to consolidate. We need to make them the legacies of APC administration in this country.

“For those not as successful, we need to rework the strategies. We need to look at how we can make them do better. We need to work to ensure that they are optimised. For those that we have not gotten them right at all, we have to go back to the drawing board.”

Lawan added, “I am a product of this party. I believe in this party. It is my duty to ensure that this party continues to win. I can win this election for us by the Grace of God. Just give me your votes and your votes will be investments in improved security for our people. Your votes will be investments in an improved economy for our country. Your votes will be investments in turning the Agricultural sector around to work for each and every one of us and your votes will be investments in improving and reforming the educational sector of our country.

“I believe so much that although the security of our country has improved in the North-Eastern part of our country where I come from, we still have challenges. Between now and next year May, when Mr. President will leave, having completed his tenure, the situation in the Northwest where banditry has taken root will improve.

“The situation in the Northcentral where we have, from time to time, incidents of banditry and kidnapping will also improve.

“I want to appreciate this set of delegates. I believe this number is a good number and I want to win the primary with the FCT delegates number. This is going to be a very closely fought primaries. So that your number is not a small number. If l get it, I can go home and sleep.”

https://punchng.com/ill-start-from-where-buhari-stops-lawan-says-to-delegates/?amp

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: I’ll start from where Buhari stops, Lawan says to delegates by pinkPUSSY(f): 8:45am On May 27, 2022
TundeDes:
We don't need a northern president

A very sad reality you must accept..

The earlier you accept it, the lesser chest pains for you when that reality comes..

We yorubas stand with Lawan, on his mandate we shall all stand...

Yoruba Lagba!!!

30 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 2023: I’ll start from where Buhari stops, Lawan says to delegates by ThankGodFriday(m): 8:52am On May 27, 2022
TundeDes:

We need a south east president

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: I’ll start from where Buhari stops, Lawan says to delegates by iCauseTrouble: 8:53am On May 27, 2022
Normal Normal, this one no go even fit contest for Local Government chairman in developed countries. But here he is a frontline Presidential aspirant

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: I’ll start from where Buhari stops, Lawan says to delegates by chatinent: 8:53am On May 27, 2022
This one has already been disqualified. The mention of Buhari will fail you forever!

Look at what a senate president is saying. That shows he has been approving Buhari-favorable laws!

It will be dangerous to allow sb who wants to continue from where Buhari stopped.

We need sb who will imprison you thieves from top to bottom and make you cough out those billions stolen!

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: I’ll start from where Buhari stops, Lawan says to delegates by Rawtruth1: 8:53am On May 27, 2022
That's dangerous for Nigerians then. Another Northerner? That sounds like a threat.

Do you really know where he will stop?

Naira will be #1000 to one dollar by the time he stops.

Nobody can come out of his house because of insecurity by the time he stops.

Fuel will be three hundred naira per litre by the time he stops.

Inflation will be one thousand percent higher by the time he stops.

Is that a legacy you want to start from and make things worse? Biko, we want Peter Obi.

We need an economist, a technocrats, incorruptible man who is not going to start where Baba stops. Obi we need

26 Likes

Re: 2023: I’ll start from where Buhari stops, Lawan says to delegates by triple996(m): 8:53am On May 27, 2022
Pls perform better than buhari wooo

1 Like

Re: 2023: I’ll start from where Buhari stops, Lawan says to delegates by Happiboispot(m): 8:53am On May 27, 2022
After what buhari did We don't need a Northern to rule us for now
The last time a youruba man rules this country we all know how it goes igbo too stand a chance but a Northern is a big no

10 Likes

Re: 2023: I’ll start from where Buhari stops, Lawan says to delegates by Felabrity: 8:54am On May 27, 2022
Thief

Buhari's stampboy

13 Likes

Re: 2023: I’ll start from where Buhari stops, Lawan says to delegates by Halar400: 8:54am On May 27, 2022
Please we need to know where he stopped .

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: I’ll start from where Buhari stops, Lawan says to delegates by Ogbodavies(m): 8:54am On May 27, 2022
na so buhari give us dis lamba...we still dey SHOCKED.

1 dollar = 1 naira
Price of fuel be sold at 35 naira
Generation, transmission and distribution of at least 20,000MW of electricity within 4 years:
To Employ 740,000 graduate across 36 states and the FCT
Free tuition and scholarship scheme for pupils who have shown exceptional aptitude in science subject
720,000 jobs by the 36 states in the federation yearly (20,000 per state)
still dey pending ooo...

anoda SHOCKING fit SHOCK person 2 yonder ooo..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: I’ll start from where Buhari stops, Lawan says to delegates by malali: 8:54am On May 27, 2022
Mallam Lawal.....

1-What is Nigeria's inflation rate at the moment and what measures are being set in place to curb it ??

2-Why has your senate not invited Emfiele to tell us why our currency is doing worse than Russia's who is currently fighting a war at the moment....are we at war too ??

3-What are the results of the multiple killing of Nigerian, vis a vis terrorist attacks in the north and unknown gunmen in the South east.Has your senate invited and interrogated the multiple security agencies. Was anybody recommended by the legislative arm to be fired as Nigerians are dying and getting kidnapped everyday ??

4-Asides rubber stamping the current administration and saying "Ranka dade" every time you see Buhari....Are you fully aware of your powers as senate president ??

Oh my country Nigeria.....when will these mediocrity stop ??

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: I’ll start from where Buhari stops, Lawan says to delegates by reiddecuti: 8:54am On May 27, 2022
To bury Nigeria more.

This man will be more of a disaster than Buhari and Tinubu.

6 Likes

Re: 2023: I’ll start from where Buhari stops, Lawan says to delegates by ipobarecriminals: 8:54am On May 27, 2022
angry yo Elevate NGR suffering and KILL them finally undecided?

The gods REJECT U

2 Likes

Re: 2023: I’ll start from where Buhari stops, Lawan says to delegates by Neimar: 8:54am On May 27, 2022
This guy mean us o
That means na something wen worse pass Trenches e dy plan grin

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: I’ll start from where Buhari stops, Lawan says to delegates by hurryup123(m): 8:55am On May 27, 2022
Tinubu has been handpicking the governors in Lagos but he don't want buhari to pick his consensus candidate,this man is not okay
Re: 2023: I’ll start from where Buhari stops, Lawan says to delegates by emerged01(m): 8:55am On May 27, 2022
The mistake any nigerian will do is to vote this man. From the way he talks you will know that Buhari is better than him. He is so clueless as a Senate president.

9 Likes

Re: 2023: I’ll start from where Buhari stops, Lawan says to delegates by AkanjiNaira: 8:55am On May 27, 2022
Olorikori somebody

You want to start from failure to continue your own failure

4 Likes

Re: 2023: I’ll start from where Buhari stops, Lawan says to delegates by ogbuefi677(m): 8:55am On May 27, 2022
Na this type Patience Jonathan hear finish,shout "Chaaaiiiii"

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: I’ll start from where Buhari stops, Lawan says to delegates by AmazingELixir: 8:55am On May 27, 2022
grin

He is completely right I believe him....it is well known he is an appendage of the Aso rock mannequin.

This man reminds me of the former secretary to the government of GEJ, Pius Ayim Pius ....two completely useless fat fvcks.

1 Like

Re: 2023: I’ll start from where Buhari stops, Lawan says to delegates by Bayyajidda(m): 8:55am On May 27, 2022
TundeDes:

Una must need am by force since una nor want get sense.

4 Likes

Re: 2023: I’ll start from where Buhari stops, Lawan says to delegates by Ournolly: 8:55am On May 27, 2022
This forum has turned into a platform where a group of online trolls from a certain part of Nigeria rents their frustration.
Quite a development! cheesy
Re: 2023: I’ll start from where Buhari stops, Lawan says to delegates by DMerciful(m): 8:55am On May 27, 2022
Why do these people demarket themselves with Bubu?

3 Likes

Re: 2023: I’ll start from where Buhari stops, Lawan says to delegates by Slynation(m): 8:55am On May 27, 2022
Unfortunately...Buhari didn't do anything, he only succeeded in taking Nigeria 8years backwards to the extent any President that can revert Nigeria back to how Buhari met it in 2015 will go down in history as the best president ever worthy of erecting a stature in all 36 states + FCT across the federation...!!

That's how bad it is...

2 Likes

Re: 2023: I’ll start from where Buhari stops, Lawan says to delegates by Lankyscot(m): 8:56am On May 27, 2022
Idiot!

3 Likes

Re: 2023: I’ll start from where Buhari stops, Lawan says to delegates by LibertyRep: 8:56am On May 27, 2022
Chai!

Do these people have or listen to their PR Managers at all?

SP Lawan may have secretly purchased a return ticket to the Senate.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari At 80: He Has Served Honestly And Selflessly- Osinbajo / The Resurgent Niger Delta Republic- Igbo Viewpoint / My Government Already Fulfilled Six-point Agenda – Fayose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.