Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,308 members, 7,850,121 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 02:36 PM

2023: Aishatu Binani Defeats Ribadu, Ex-gov Bindow, Wins Adamawa APC Ticket - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Aishatu Binani Defeats Ribadu, Ex-gov Bindow, Wins Adamawa APC Ticket (30738 Views)

Adamawa Assembly Moves To Sack Gov Bindow, Speaker / Umar Fintiri Wins Adamawa Governorship Election. Unseats Jibrilla Bindow / Gov Bindow, Ribadu Reach Agreement Ahead Of 2019 Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: Aishatu Binani Defeats Ribadu, Ex-gov Bindow, Wins Adamawa APC Ticket by sonature1: 10:13am On May 27, 2022
tollyboy5:
See the first female governor in Nigeria that's cool grin

It's not by shouting im a feminist

Say the first elected female governor of Nigeria.

Virginia Etiaba, Peter Obi's deputy, became the first female deputy governor when the Anambra State House of Assembly members used wuruwuru to impeach him.

She won't win though
Re: 2023: Aishatu Binani Defeats Ribadu, Ex-gov Bindow, Wins Adamawa APC Ticket by Kilometres: 10:14am On May 27, 2022
fyneguy:

I think she had the backing of Murtala Nyako.

His son is replacing the woman at the Senate.

They are all supporting Tinubu.

You sabi Adamawa politics
Re: 2023: Aishatu Binani Defeats Ribadu, Ex-gov Bindow, Wins Adamawa APC Ticket by ChristineC: 10:15am On May 27, 2022
truthCoder:
Great news.

A potential first female governor.

If the North can produce a female governor before the acclaimed elites in the south, then which elitism are you claiming?

This woman’s CV makes me smile. If we can have 36 governors like her and a president with brain, maybe we go get chance as a country.

talking of female governors, there has been one in the south.
Re: 2023: Aishatu Binani Defeats Ribadu, Ex-gov Bindow, Wins Adamawa APC Ticket by Viraltrends123: 10:16am On May 27, 2022
Sarsaproko:

Oh really. That's cool..
Let me modify..
Lies, don't mind him.
Re: 2023: Aishatu Binani Defeats Ribadu, Ex-gov Bindow, Wins Adamawa APC Ticket by sonature1: 10:17am On May 27, 2022
ashatoda:
Congratulations to her for the feat but I doubt she'll eventually win as most of these northerners are real male chauvinists. They rarely accept the headship of a woman. She should really work on her game cos most of the guys she defeated will work with the opposition to defeat her. All said congrats to her as she has started something for the women up there

They are not chauvinists.

They are just patriarchists.
Re: 2023: Aishatu Binani Defeats Ribadu, Ex-gov Bindow, Wins Adamawa APC Ticket by pharmagba: 10:17am On May 27, 2022
Maxymilliano:
Lol ... It will be a walk in the park for Finitri

No !
Aisha Buhari is behind the scenes!
Mind you she is from Adamawa state
She has been pushing hard lately for female, her efforts being to yeild

1 Like

Re: 2023: Aishatu Binani Defeats Ribadu, Ex-gov Bindow, Wins Adamawa APC Ticket by Kilometres: 10:19am On May 27, 2022
Ezeanya7:

Etiaba is d first female governor in Nigeria

Etiaba was not elected.
She was there for just 3 months

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Aishatu Binani Defeats Ribadu, Ex-gov Bindow, Wins Adamawa APC Ticket by somehow: 10:20am On May 27, 2022
tiswell:
Anambra already had a female governor, dame Virgi Etiaba

She wasn't voted for and didn't even last.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Aishatu Binani Defeats Ribadu, Ex-gov Bindow, Wins Adamawa APC Ticket by Kilometres: 10:21am On May 27, 2022
Cmanforall:

Dame Virginia Ngozi Etiaba

Was not elected governor
Only stood in for 3months

1 Like

Re: 2023: Aishatu Binani Defeats Ribadu, Ex-gov Bindow, Wins Adamawa APC Ticket by somehow: 10:21am On May 27, 2022
Elsueno:
shocked

APC might have just dash PDP d ticket, northerners don't really like to be led by women.....Ribadu might have a higher chance of winning d state for them....

Well, whatever.....his pocket wasn't deep enough to pay the required delegate fee.

May d best man or woman win sha

Neither is the South.

Ditto: Princess Aminat.
Re: 2023: Aishatu Binani Defeats Ribadu, Ex-gov Bindow, Wins Adamawa APC Ticket by Larrykaysail(m): 10:22am On May 27, 2022
dedonfranco:
PDP will win
yes , because Nigerians will not give woman a chance to rule them ...
Re: 2023: Aishatu Binani Defeats Ribadu, Ex-gov Bindow, Wins Adamawa APC Ticket by 9gerian: 10:25am On May 27, 2022
It would be nice to have a woman as governor, then Vice President and finally President.

Good development.

politicoNG:

Aishatu Dahiru Ahmed (11/08/1971) also known as Binani is a Nigerian Senator of the All Progressives Congress "APC" representing Adamawa Central senatorial district in the 9th Assembly. She was formerly a member of the House of Representatives representing Yola North/Yola South/Girei federal constituency as a member of the Peoples Democratic Party in the 7th Assembly.

She went to the UK for her university education where she obtained a Higher National Diploma in Electrical Engineering at the University of Southampton. She is currently the Chairman of the Senate Committee on Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Re: 2023: Aishatu Binani Defeats Ribadu, Ex-gov Bindow, Wins Adamawa APC Ticket by Yankee101: 10:27am On May 27, 2022
Ribadu dom suffer sha
No single election won
Re: 2023: Aishatu Binani Defeats Ribadu, Ex-gov Bindow, Wins Adamawa APC Ticket by wallarwallar(m): 10:28am On May 27, 2022
osinbanjoisaliar:
Chai, Aswear, to be tinubu olodo be cause. Na woman knack ribadu like this. If I be ribadu, I go jus go buy sniper. Shame to Ribadu, shame to Shettima and big colossal shame to Tinubu. Dem neva finish Team Tinubu. Dem go collect sotey, dem go turn basket

Was expecting d first MUMU to mention Tinubu.. Come and claim ur prize

1 Like

Re: 2023: Aishatu Binani Defeats Ribadu, Ex-gov Bindow, Wins Adamawa APC Ticket by ruggedtimi(m): 10:28am On May 27, 2022
Wow nice
Re: 2023: Aishatu Binani Defeats Ribadu, Ex-gov Bindow, Wins Adamawa APC Ticket by Segzy19: 10:30am On May 27, 2022
For sure! The northerners don't value women... They will never allow a woman to lead them... To them, women are second fiddle
dedonfranco:
PDP will win
Re: 2023: Aishatu Binani Defeats Ribadu, Ex-gov Bindow, Wins Adamawa APC Ticket by Elporo(m): 10:31am On May 27, 2022
dedonfranco:
PDP will win

Guaranteed. Not even in a southern state could a woman become governor.
Re: 2023: Aishatu Binani Defeats Ribadu, Ex-gov Bindow, Wins Adamawa APC Ticket by KINGCHUKWU(m): 10:34am On May 27, 2022
ZIAZI:
Damn! This woman get hands die! Imagine defeating Nuhu Ribadu!!!!!!
e shock me too
Re: 2023: Aishatu Binani Defeats Ribadu, Ex-gov Bindow, Wins Adamawa APC Ticket by Angelfrost(m): 10:34am On May 27, 2022
9jayes:
Women be giving men headaches for ADAMAWA since 101BC

Women should be giving men headaches in every state of this nation, politically speaking.

Clearly, men have failed and keep failing in the place of leadership.
Re: 2023: Aishatu Binani Defeats Ribadu, Ex-gov Bindow, Wins Adamawa APC Ticket by IDIOTmoderators: 10:38am On May 27, 2022
osinbanjoisaliar:
Chai, Aswear, to be tinubu olodo be cause. Na woman knack ribadu like this. If I be ribadu, I go jus go buy sniper. Shame to Ribadu, shame to Shettima and big colossal shame to Tinubu. Dem neva finish Team Tinubu. Dem go collect sotey, dem go turn basket
This one na JS 1 pikin

1 Like

Re: 2023: Aishatu Binani Defeats Ribadu, Ex-gov Bindow, Wins Adamawa APC Ticket by Cmanforall: 10:39am On May 27, 2022
Kilometres:

Was not elected governor
Only stood in for 3months
But she's the first female governor in Nigeria. Period! #NoHate

Re: 2023: Aishatu Binani Defeats Ribadu, Ex-gov Bindow, Wins Adamawa APC Ticket by jarule75(m): 10:40am On May 27, 2022
osinbanjoisaliar:
Shame to your father.
Where was he when Tinubu, Ribadu, Shettima and others were making name and empire for themselves.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Aishatu Binani Defeats Ribadu, Ex-gov Bindow, Wins Adamawa APC Ticket by AminuRano87(m): 10:40am On May 27, 2022
truthCoder:
Great news.

If the North can produce a female governor before the acclaimed elites in the south, then which elitism are you claiming?

This woman’s CV makes me smile. If we can have 36 governors like her and a president with brain, maybe we go get chance as a country.

EDIT:
Comments saying Anambra once had a female governor for 3 months due to her principal being impeached is appreciated.

Dame Etiaba was a governor from Nov 2006 to February 2007 after Peter Obi was Impeached.

Whilst this is commendable, it doesn’t hold water as much as she being elected as a governor and my opinion is based on this.

Thanks to all who raised the Dame’s governorship.
The first female UNIVERSITY SUG President was NAJAATU Bala Mohammed of ABU Zaria. History will repeat itself

1 Like

Re: 2023: Aishatu Binani Defeats Ribadu, Ex-gov Bindow, Wins Adamawa APC Ticket by AminuRano87(m): 10:40am On May 27, 2022
truthCoder:
Great news.

EDIT:
Comments saying Anambra once had a female governor for 3 months due to her principal being impeached is appreciated.

Dame Etiaba was a governor from Nov 2006 to February 2007 after Peter Obi was Impeached.

Whilst this is commendable, it doesn’t hold water as much as she being elected as a governor and my opinion is based on this.

The first female UNIVERSITY SUG President was NAJAATU Bala Mohammed of ABU Zaria. History will repeat itself
Re: 2023: Aishatu Binani Defeats Ribadu, Ex-gov Bindow, Wins Adamawa APC Ticket by fyneguy: 10:42am On May 27, 2022
Anaerobi:

They're big time enemies... BINANI was supposed to be Buahri wife, but the first lady played fast on her.

Is she not married?
Re: 2023: Aishatu Binani Defeats Ribadu, Ex-gov Bindow, Wins Adamawa APC Ticket by SunMusk(m): 10:44am On May 27, 2022
She will not win. Fintri is the people choice and with him paying salary early i don't think adamawa people will vote this woman. Plus Atiku is from the pdp which is a plus for the Governor.
truthCoder:
Great news.

EDIT:

Re: 2023: Aishatu Binani Defeats Ribadu, Ex-gov Bindow, Wins Adamawa APC Ticket by AzuNas: 10:46am On May 27, 2022
osinbanjoisaliar:

Which future be female. Abeg, stop all that homosexual talk. Abi you wan start to dey tie wrapper. Dem job na to cook and clean. If dem graduate to receptionist and PA. Den e dey okay. But to dey manage and supervise na Aluu

You need to dey calm down ooo,e get as some of us dey write. You need to read,read and read again before you go get wetin i write.

Indeed-used in a response to express interest, surprise, or contempt.

You suppose dey vex say d caliber of so call men wen contest against her,and she still trash dem. . . (Nuhu, Jibrilla, Theman and Namdas all inside �️)

Abeg
Re: 2023: Aishatu Binani Defeats Ribadu, Ex-gov Bindow, Wins Adamawa APC Ticket by Mikolo70(m): 10:49am On May 27, 2022
osinbanjoisaliar:
So what's now the meaning of your rants? Are they not in the same party.. Or you preferred her to be rig out? Mumu!
Re: 2023: Aishatu Binani Defeats Ribadu, Ex-gov Bindow, Wins Adamawa APC Ticket by Goodnigga: 10:50am On May 27, 2022
Aboks:
So window still dey contest for governorship
no be only window, na Mac
Re: 2023: Aishatu Binani Defeats Ribadu, Ex-gov Bindow, Wins Adamawa APC Ticket by IbileIfe: 10:53am On May 27, 2022
dedonfranco:
PDP will win
Story for the gods.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Shekau’s Wife Killed In Air Force Strike / Tinubu Ojo Endorses Sanwo-Olu Ahead APC Primaries / Pa Akintola Williams Dies At 104

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.