Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

Ex Gov. Daniel’s (Ogun State) Loyalist Battles For Life (graphic Image) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ex Gov. Daniel’s (Ogun State) Loyalist Battles For Life (graphic Image) (1426 Views)

Cop Who Killed Twins And Their Friend, Abandoned In The Mortuary [graphic Image] / Lagos Policeman Kills Twin Brothers, Their Friend, Himself (graphic Image) / Efcc Traces £2.7m London Property To Gov Daniel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ex Gov. Daniel’s (Ogun State) Loyalist Battles For Life (graphic Image) by adejoro75: 8:43pm On Jul 16, 2011
Ex Gov. Daniel’s Loyalist Battles For Life

A stalwart of the People’s Democratic Party, PDP, in Ogun State, Southwest Nigeria, Mr. Tajudeen Odogun, is battling for life, a year after he was severely burnt by party members opposed to former governor of the State, Gbenga Daniel.

P.M.NEWS learnt that Odogun, who has been confined to a small room in Songo Ota for over a year, was set ablaze on 6 April 2010 as factions emerged within the PDP and crisis deepened between Daniel and former President Olusegun Obasanjo.

It was gathered that the former PDP auditor at Ota Ward2 was attending a party organised by Mr. Olawale Hassan, a PDP aspirant to the House of the Representatives loyal to Daniel when he was allegedly abducted by members belonging to Obasanjo’s faction and set ablaze.

Odogun was severely burnt and left unconscious and was revived at a private hospital, it was learnt.

Some suspects were arrested by the police and released soon after.

Those arrested included Seyi and Rafiu Ogunji, while Semiu Adebayo, the main suspect has remained on the run, it was learnt.

Odogun told our correspondent in Ota that while Daniel and some politicians paid for his bills immediately after the incident, he has since been abandoned to his fate.

“I am dying in this room,” he said at the house of Hon. Ola Bello where he has been confined for more than a year.

“My wife left me after the incident. My three children have been abandoned since I was burnt. My entire body is paralysed. I cannot raised my right hand. I feel like the end may come any day. I now look like a ghost.

“Those who set me ablaze were opposed to Daniel and anybody that stood by him. Unfortunately none of us won the election. We have been swept out of power but I am left to remain like this for life. For nothing.

“I don’t have N2 million they are asking me for skin grafitation. I am dying for nothing. I am dying for dirty politics. I need help,” he lamented.
http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/forum/main-square/64188-ex-gov-daniel-s-loyalist-battles-life.html

Re: Ex Gov. Daniel’s (Ogun State) Loyalist Battles For Life (graphic Image) by adejoro75: 8:46pm On Jul 16, 2011
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Ex Gov. Daniel’s (Ogun State) Loyalist Battles For Life (graphic Image) by aljharem3: 8:47pm On Jul 16, 2011
pretty sad

all this wet e politics
Re: Ex Gov. Daniel’s (Ogun State) Loyalist Battles For Life (graphic Image) by adejoro75: 4:56am On Jul 18, 2011
alj_harem:

pretty sad

all this wet e politics
Ore mi, kini nje wetie? wink wink
Re: Ex Gov. Daniel’s (Ogun State) Loyalist Battles For Life (graphic Image) by bashr4: 5:30am On Jul 18, 2011
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

(1) (Reply)

Another Great Loss From Ugonna's Family (ALUU 4) / Nigerian-drug-dealer-escapes-from-malaysian-prison / Diamond Bank Staff In Custody For 241 Million Naira Fruad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.