Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,161 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:08 AM

Desmond Elliot Wins APC Ticket To Contest For A Third Term - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Desmond Elliot Wins APC Ticket To Contest For A Third Term (24493 Views)

Desmond Elliot Wins Surulere Constituency With Over 10,000 Votes (Photos) / President Buhari Wears Igbo, Yoruba & Hausa Attires As He Accepts APC Ticket / Nairabet Owner Akin Alabi Wins APC House Of Rep Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Desmond Elliot Wins APC Ticket To Contest For A Third Term by osinbanjoisaliar: 5:25pm On May 27, 2022
Mr Desmond Elliot, representing Surulere Constituency I in Lagos State House of Assembly, has won the All Progressives Congress (APC) ticket for a third term.

The primary election took place on Friday at Akerele Primary Health Centre, Surulere, amid tight security provided by the police and other agencies.

The primary election was also conducted under the watch of the officials of the Independent National Electoral Commission. (INEC).

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that electoral officers for Surulere Constituency I arrived at 1. 55 p.m., while accreditation started at 2.11 p.m.

Thirty ad-hoc delegates drawn from nine wards in the constituency started voting at 2.45 p.m.
Votes were counted at 2:49 p.m.

Announcing the result at 3.00 p.m., the returning officer, Mr Demola Omotosho, declared Elliot the winner.

He said that Elliot polled 30 votes as the sole contestant for the ticket.

The supervising officer from APC Headquarters, Abuja, Amb. Paul Oyiborume, was on ground during the election.

In his acceptance speech, Elliot thanked God for his victory.

“I feel excited, and I am happy.

“The people should be expecting more dividends of democracy.

“This is just the party ticket, this is not the general election.

“A lot of work still needs to be done, and we are ready to embark on it,” he said.

NAN reports that Elliot contested and won the Surulere Constituency 1 seat on April 11, 2015, general elections.

His nomination by APC for a second term came unopposed as well as the third.

Party members, family and friends besieged the venue of the primaries to congratulate the APC candidate.

APC is holding House of Assembly and House of Representatives primaries across the 40 Lagos State constituencies and 24 federal constituencies in the state.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/05/desmond-elliot-wins-apc-ticket-for-3rd-term/

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Desmond Elliot Wins APC Ticket To Contest For A Third Term by God1000(m): 5:26pm On May 27, 2022
Wow, congrats to him, I heard he's tinubu's boy

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Desmond Elliot Wins APC Ticket To Contest For A Third Term by Zonefree(m): 5:26pm On May 27, 2022
. The people should be expecting more dividends of democracy.

Lagosians, Desmond is telling you guys to expect more public toilets as constituency project. cheesy

165 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Desmond Elliot Wins APC Ticket To Contest For A Third Term by InsideLove(f): 5:27pm On May 27, 2022
Congrats
Re: Desmond Elliot Wins APC Ticket To Contest For A Third Term by osinbanjoisaliar: 5:27pm On May 27, 2022
Now Desmond, do like sheriff for delta state. Kneel down begin dey praise and worship tinubu

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Desmond Elliot Wins APC Ticket To Contest For A Third Term by Zonefree(m): 5:28pm On May 27, 2022
God1000:
Tinubu is installing his men in every position in Lagos, same Tinubu does not want Buhari to install his Successor. No be witchcraft be that

121 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Desmond Elliot Wins APC Ticket To Contest For A Third Term by juman(m): 5:31pm On May 27, 2022
Sole contestant.
The party leaders like him.

Candidates from other parties can win if they work hard.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Desmond Elliot Wins APC Ticket To Contest For A Third Term by osinbanjoisaliar: 5:34pm On May 27, 2022
Zonefree:

Lagosians, Desmond is telling you guys to expect more public toilets as constituency project. cheesy

And wooden bridges. Dem go even pay toll on the next one him go construct

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: Desmond Elliot Wins APC Ticket To Contest For A Third Term by Mynd44: 5:36pm On May 27, 2022
As e dey pain them, e dey sweet Desmond
As e dey sweet Desmond, e dey pain then grin grin

This comedy is one I love

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Desmond Elliot Wins APC Ticket To Contest For A Third Term by Zonefree(m): 5:37pm On May 27, 2022
osinbanjoisaliar:

And wooden bridges. Dem go even pay toll on the next one him go construct
Chai

Lagosians are obviously hypnotized cry

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Desmond Elliot Wins APC Ticket To Contest For A Third Term by INTEGRITYA1(m): 5:37pm On May 27, 2022
It's okay, he need to do another wooden bridges like he did at Isolo axis of Lagos not quite long.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Desmond Elliot Wins APC Ticket To Contest For A Third Term by Zico5(m): 5:37pm On May 27, 2022
Reward for being a Muppet. U have done good. Enjoy Ur loot

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Desmond Elliot Wins APC Ticket To Contest For A Third Term by Triangles1(m): 5:37pm On May 27, 2022
On low-key this dude is playing the card well.

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot Wins APC Ticket To Contest For A Third Term by Dtraitor: 5:37pm On May 27, 2022
So lagosians are happy with that wooden bridge man. Na wow oooooo

3 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot Wins APC Ticket To Contest For A Third Term by Alvelt14(m): 5:38pm On May 27, 2022
Third term dey?? I no know oo.
Congratulations
Re: Desmond Elliot Wins APC Ticket To Contest For A Third Term by Pristine664: 5:38pm On May 27, 2022
Lol my guy dey move in silence.
Re: Desmond Elliot Wins APC Ticket To Contest For A Third Term by Pristine664: 5:38pm On May 27, 2022
Triangles1:
On low-key this dude is playing the card well.

Lol before nko

His first name is now Olushola. grin

2 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot Wins APC Ticket To Contest For A Third Term by IPIGSONMETH: 5:39pm On May 27, 2022
Nice one.
Re: Desmond Elliot Wins APC Ticket To Contest For A Third Term by Obyangel: 5:39pm On May 27, 2022
We will not reinforce (support/vote) failure, poverty and bad governance.
Re: Desmond Elliot Wins APC Ticket To Contest For A Third Term by dennegem(m): 5:40pm On May 27, 2022
I hope he delivers
Re: Desmond Elliot Wins APC Ticket To Contest For A Third Term by osinbanjoisaliar: 5:40pm On May 27, 2022
Mynd44:
As e dey pain them, e dey sweet Desmond As e dey sweet Desmond, e dey pain then grin grin
This comedy is one I love
So Mynd44 na Desmond Elliot fan.

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot Wins APC Ticket To Contest For A Third Term by Penguin2: 5:40pm On May 27, 2022
God1000:

You have to be a Tinubu boy if you must get anything in Lagos.

As Nigeria is UK franchise, so is Lagos Tinubu franchise.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Desmond Elliot Wins APC Ticket To Contest For A Third Term by Triangles1(m): 5:40pm On May 27, 2022
Pristine664:

Lol before nko

His first name is now Olushola. grin

No wonder.

The Yorubas are more tolerant.
Re: Desmond Elliot Wins APC Ticket To Contest For A Third Term by iamyemiakins(m): 5:40pm On May 27, 2022
Another toilet loading grin

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot Wins APC Ticket To Contest For A Third Term by chemicool: 5:40pm On May 27, 2022
Help a brother 30_33_48_43_77 1st bank

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Court Adjourns Nnamdi Kanu's Trial To November 14 / Orji Uzor Kalu Bows To Soun Of Ogbomoso, Says "Buhari Needs Another 4 Years" / Democracy Doesn’t Exist In Nigeria – Ali Ndume

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.