Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,637 members, 7,955,318 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:32 PM

Eye Witness Report: Ekiti Central Federal Constituency Ii Apc Primary Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eye Witness Report: Ekiti Central Federal Constituency Ii Apc Primary Election (352 Views)

Okene II Apc Solidarity Walk / Fayemi Commissions Ado-Ekiti Central Market, Model Schools & Asphalt Plant / An Eye Witness Report of Lagos-Ibadan Railway, Fagba Axis - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eye Witness Report: Ekiti Central Federal Constituency Ii Apc Primary Election by ThisisSegun(m): 8:21am On May 28, 2022
Ekiti Central Federal Constituency II

The electoral process started around 1 pm on May 27th, 2022 at Aramoko..

On getting to the venue, I met crowd at the entrance of the venue, my question was "what could be wrong?". I got to know that there was a big challenge which was that the APC PARTY OFFICIAL didn't come along with the original results sheet where the result of the election would be recorded "we forgot the original sheet" they said.." How could that happen".. one of the candidate's Agent objected to that outrightly... The presiding officer resulted to using a plain sheet (A4 paper) and then the candidate's Agents would append their signature on it.. (I knew there was a foul play)

Re: Eye Witness Report: Ekiti Central Federal Constituency Ii Apc Primary Election by ThisisSegun(m): 8:22am On May 28, 2022
Another big issue that was treated to avoid the use of machineries as delegates planned by other candidates and their inner caucus was that; all delegates can only gain entrance to cast their votes on the basis of presenting party's membership card. This was expressly agitated for by Ilesanmi Ade-Ademola's Agent

The electoral voting process started with Ekiti West, I noticed that the delegates were ushered in using their membership cards as Ilesanmi Ade-Ademola'a Agent had clamored... A little pandemonium occurred outside which I believed was staged, in other not to sleep with fire, immediately I alerted the Soldiers present that they needed to be at the gate, the commander who led the squad swung into action and was able to avert any planned action to use machineries as delegates which was one of their initial plan... I heard some people saying an unidentified number of people were giving entry into the election venue... The soldiers took control as the crowd outside were shouting in disagree of what transpired..
Re: Eye Witness Report: Ekiti Central Federal Constituency Ii Apc Primary Election by ThisisSegun(m): 8:22am On May 28, 2022
The soldiers were able to restore normalcy, as soon as the soldiers left the scene, the police and RRS took over control again.. It was the turn of the second Local Government that makes up the central Constituency 11.. IJERO delegates were called by wards, the voting went on while we observed from outside.. I could see the displeasure in the faces of delegates who were mandated to take a picture of their casted vote by one of the Aspirants who promised them the balance of $250 out of $500 upon confirmation that they casted their votes in his favor... Information reached us outside that the Police at the exit gate mandated that pictures taken be deleted..

This wasn't welcomed by the People due to the kickbacks they were promised... The voting process continued... The last Local Government delegates were called to cast their votes.. EFON delegates had started to vote, we heard noise from inside the election hall that "The Agent of the Former Chief of Staff Femi Awe; who doubles as his Jnr brother was recorded destroying voting sheet already casted by delegates" he was recorded and then burgled in the process, to my greatest surprise, the Rapid Response Squad aided the former Chief of Staff's agent out in their vehicle without any handcuffs or a little Force to show he was being arrested, he was driven away while the other RRS vehicle followed suit..
Re: Eye Witness Report: Ekiti Central Federal Constituency Ii Apc Primary Election by ThisisSegun(m): 8:23am On May 28, 2022
The voting session continued with minimal supervision by the police and RRS because most of them already left.. The soldiers took control at the gate.

Dele Philip and his Armed force stormed the voting venue, he alighted, as he was closer to voting venue, and crowd surrounded him, I think they gave me the update, he was furious and wanted to gain entry but was denied vehemently by the soldiers, he went back to his car with Anger.. His Armed Men shots in the air sporadically in displeasure, thugs were ready to hijack the electoral process as they paraded the venue on bikes with machetes in their hands which resulted to people and the remaining delegates who haven't voted scouting for safety, which led to the disruption of the voting session...

On sighting Ilesanmi Ade-Ademola who just arrived at the scene, he was taken to safety during the sporadic shooting..

Written by an eye witness

Damilola-Ayobami
Re: Eye Witness Report: Ekiti Central Federal Constituency Ii Apc Primary Election by mutumina007: 1:32pm On May 28, 2022
What a pity. The culprit and his cohorts should be brought to justice on attempt on people's lives. On the other hand I presume Mr Ade - Ademola was winning that's why all of this happened. He should be declared the winner. We can't allow violence win all the time..peace is the way out.
Re: Eye Witness Report: Ekiti Central Federal Constituency Ii Apc Primary Election by ThisisSegun(m): 12:21pm On May 29, 2022
I guess they were scared and obviously don't want Ilesanmi Ade-Ademola to win. Too bad.
mutumina007:
What a pity. The culprit and his cohorts should be brought to justice on attempt on people's lives. On the other hand I presume Mr Ade - Ademola was winning that's why all of this happened. He should be declared the winner. We can't allow violence win all the time..peace is the way out.

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye Visits Imo On ‘prophetic Mission’, Meets Governor Uzodimma / Atiku Abubakar: North Has Conspired Against South East – Ohanaeze / Two Options Are Available For Northerner To Choose One

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.