Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,125 members, 7,818,374 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:51 PM

Strong Feelings For My Ex - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Strong Feelings For My Ex (3049 Views)

PLEASE HELP: I Want My Ex - Husband Back / Feelings For My Ex / How Do I Tell My Female Friend That I Don`t Have Feelings For Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Strong Feelings For My Ex by sophy09: 4:03am On Jul 17, 2011
I need an input into this issue. At times I get this kinda of love feeling for my ex that is so strong and I am like praying against and telling myself it is over but the funny thing is that he calls during those period I get that feeling and he is always like he was just thinking about me and he decided to call. At times he does not call but the feeling there is so strong. This is not the first time this is happening and this is a guy I broke up with and we are over and done. We are friends and he calls once in a while. I want to know if this happens to other people and what it means.
Re: Strong Feelings For My Ex by Pweety4me(f): 5:06am On Jul 17, 2011
Hmm maybe you need to fully let go of him, sometimes thats the best option.

Or just try focus your mind on something that brings you more passion?you just got to try.
Re: Strong Feelings For My Ex by Ystranger: 5:16am On Jul 17, 2011
Pweety4me 05:15:40 AM Viewing Sagamite's profile.
Re: Strong Feelings For My Ex by Nobody: 7:25am On Jul 17, 2011
^ Lol
Re: Strong Feelings For My Ex by Omolola1(f): 9:43am On Jul 17, 2011
Its not easy ma'am but you need to get it over with
Re: Strong Feelings For My Ex by iv4real(f): 2:22pm On Jul 17, 2011
The reason u still feel this way is because u are still in contact with him. Stop being his friend, cut all ties and contact with him. It will be a lot easier to forget him. Try to go out as much as possible, hang out with your friends. U are probably lonely.

1 Like

Re: Strong Feelings For My Ex by obowunmi(m): 2:12am On Jul 18, 2011
When was the last time you ff,uck,ed your ex ? Ahahah --- the new dude must be pretty bad in bed.
Re: Strong Feelings For My Ex by madoba: 5:34pm On Jul 19, 2011
@ Sophy09

Yeah, It does happen to me sometimes, and what it means (speaking for myself) is that I am still fond of that ex regardless of the fact that we are no longer together.

What do I do when I get the feeling? Different things, sometimes I let it ride itself out, other times I deliberately distract myself with some activity and other times I just send him a one or two worded sms like Hi or Wats up, which he always responds to wink.

If you feel so strongly about your ex and he isn't married yet or he is not in a committed realtionship heading for the altar, why don't you give it a shot and see if you two can get back together and make it work the second time around. You sound like that's what you want.

1 Like

Re: Strong Feelings For My Ex by damipaul(m): 6:45pm On Jul 19, 2011
madoba:

@ Sophy
If you feel so strongly about your ex and he isn't married yet or he is not in a committed realtionship heading for the altar, why don't you give it a shot and see if you two can get back together and make it work the second time around.
You sound like that's what you want.

seconded
Re: Strong Feelings For My Ex by Finecat(m): 7:03pm On Jul 19, 2011
@OP

Your new Boyfriend must not have measured up to your ex.
Re: Strong Feelings For My Ex by eddy1977(m): 8:21pm On Jul 19, 2011
Its an indication that you are a very serious person.you truly loved him.

use your head and not your heart in this.
what do u miss about him? the physical,the emotional or the financial?

if its the emotional and the financial,then try to reconnect,but if its just the physical,then just hang in there,in time it will fade.

if you really want a relationship with a man or a woman (if u r bi) , then think with your head before engaging your heart. find someone with a predictable future.always seek your welfare and interest first before commiting your heart to anyone.

is he educated? is he financialy capable?
in this religious age,most people are fooled with cliches and prophecies and faith to commit to anyone in the name if" god will provide".
Re: Strong Feelings For My Ex by sophy09: 2:19am On Jul 20, 2011
This is a guy I dont love or even like anymore. I mean I used to love him but with the way things are right now and what he did to me I dont think I should be having feelings for him. That is what I cannot understand. I mean I rarely think of him but there are times these feelings just come up and I try my best to put it out of my mind but it comes stronger and stronger.
Re: Strong Feelings For My Ex by madoba: 8:31am On Jul 20, 2011
sophy09:

This is a guy I dont love or even like anymore. I mean I used to love him but with the way things are right now and what he did to me I dont think I should be having feelings for him. That is what I cannot understand. I mean I rarely think of him but there are times these feelings just come up and I try my best to put it out of my mind but it comes stronger and stronger.

Sophy, Sophy

Are u sure about the part in bold grin grin grin. Just wondering,
Re: Strong Feelings For My Ex by sophy09: 1:58pm On Jul 20, 2011
madoba:

Sophy, Sophy

Are u sure about the part in bold grin grin grin. Just wondering,

I used to love him but not anymore. You know the saying, a thin line between love and hate.
Re: Strong Feelings For My Ex by madoba: 5:59pm On Jul 20, 2011
sophy09:

I used to love him but not anymore. You know the saying, a thin line between love and hate.

Girl, I really don't get you. I've heard there is a thin line between love and hate but this strong feelings for your ex, are they affectionate feelings or feelings of hatred, which one is it?

I'm not a psychologist or therapist and I'm not trying to give advise on that platform, however one thing I try not to do, is to deny my emotions. Whether it's anger, disappointment, love, hatred, hurt etc etc, I own my emotions and let myself feel them.

So if you are feeling something for that ex and it's not hatred, don't sweat it. Have fun with your feelings like I do by sending a short, flirty or simple sms with no pun intended. wink
Re: Strong Feelings For My Ex by livedit(f): 5:16pm On Jul 22, 2011
If your "ex-boyfriend" treated you wrongly that YOU had to end it.  Why do you think you can still remain friends?  You are still emotionally AND spirtually connected to him.  This is why you are getting those funny "feelings" about him and vice versa.  You have not completely released him and it's going to take prayer to break those ties you two have.  I really don't think it's a good idea to keep in contact with him.  This is another reason you are experiencing difficulties getting over him.  He has no valid reason whatsoever to be calling you.  You two are no longer together.  The relationship did not work out and it's over.  Leave the past in the past.  You don't have to be cruel or mean about it.  I think you should let him know it's in best interest that he no longer contacts you.  At least until you have completely released him and set him free from your heart.
Re: Strong Feelings For My Ex by sophy09: 2:39am On Jul 23, 2011
livedit:

If your "ex-boyfriend" treated you wrongly that YOU had to end it.  Why do you think you can still remain friends?  You are still emotionally AND spirtually connected to him.  This is why you are getting those funny "feelings" about him and vice versa.  You have not completely released him and it's going to take prayer to break those ties you two have.  I really don't think it's a good idea to keep in contact with him.  This is another reason you are experiencing difficulties getting over him.  He has no valid reason whatsoever to be calling you.  You two are no longer together.  The relationship did not work out and it's over.  Leave the past in the past.  You don't have to be cruel or mean about it.  I think you should let him know it's in best interest that he no longer contacts you.  At least until you have completely released him and set him free from your heart.

Whao, that was a speech there but thanks anyways. You said it all.
Re: Strong Feelings For My Ex by Kanwulia: 9:47pm On Jul 03, 2014
Nothing unusual.
It only means there is something you guys still have in common.
But, it is not enough to sustain a meaningful relationship.

Don't allow loneliness to cloud your judgement.
A leopard cannot shed its spots.

It does not mean HE HAS CHANGED or YOU HAVE CHANGED. kiss

2 Likes

Re: Strong Feelings For My Ex by Godmystrength: 9:21am On Jul 04, 2014
Kanwulia: Nothing unusual.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Kanwulia?? ?? ??

1 Like

Re: Strong Feelings For My Ex by pinkydaisy(f): 12:27pm On Jul 04, 2014

It does not mean HE HAS CHANGED or YOU HAVE CHANGED. [quote]

[quote author=Godmystrength] shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Kanwulia?? ?? ??

Me sef i fear oh,,,,,praise God,,,darling Kanwulia please stay this way ohh.
Re: Strong Feelings For My Ex by BukkyDan(f): 4:14pm On Jul 04, 2014

as in ehn...you? Wow
Re: Strong Feelings For My Ex by egopersonified(f): 4:36pm On Jul 04, 2014
U gals do realise this thread is three years old, we should be asking op for update.
Re: Strong Feelings For My Ex by Kanwulia: 9:24pm On Jul 04, 2014
Why the surprise? grin
You all should know me by now.
I give love to those who are capable of receiving love o.

Till the NL SKANKS and SKUNKS begin to irritate MOI! cool

Abi you want NL to crash again? grin
Re: Strong Feelings For My Ex by gazilion: 11:03pm On Jul 05, 2014
sorry...I just removed my comments..

thread is quite old..
Re: Strong Feelings For My Ex by Youngpo413: 5:26am On Jul 29, 2014
sophy09: This is a guy I dont love or even like anymore. I mean I used to love him but with the way things are right now and what he did to me I dont think I should be having feelings for him. That is what I cannot understand. I mean I rarely think of him but there are times these feelings just come up and I try my best to put it out of my mind but it comes stronger and stronger.

He was that that dumped you right?
Dont worry,its normal and with time,it will surely fade.

(1) (Reply)

Lost My Dad Dis Morning / He Disappear After One year Of Proposing To Me / Pls I Need Remedy For nla

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.