Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,786 members, 7,827,896 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:47 PM

Roman Abramovich Says Goodbye To Chelsea Football Club In An Emotional Statement - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Roman Abramovich Says Goodbye To Chelsea Football Club In An Emotional Statement (737 Views)

Ronaldo Breaks Silence In Emotional Statement After Portugal World Cup Exit / Messi Confirms PSG Transfer Is “A Possibility” As He Says Goodbye To Barcelona / Inside Chelsea Football Team's Plane (video, Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Roman Abramovich Says Goodbye To Chelsea Football Club In An Emotional Statement by Djpaparazy(m): 12:27pm On May 28, 2022
After 19 trophy-laden years of being the owner of Chelsea Football Club, Roman Abramovich released a statement saying his ‘goodbyes’ to the club.

The statement from Chelsea’ official website reads:

‘The ownership of this Club comes with great responsibility. Since I came to Chelsea nearly twenty years ago, I have witnessed first-hand what this Club can achieve. My goal has been to ensure that the next owner has a mindset that will enable success for the Men’s and Women’s team, as well as the will and drive to continue developing other key aspects of the Club, such as the Academy and the vital work of Chelsea Foundation.

I am pleased this search has now come to a successful conclusion. As I hand over Chelsea to its new custodians, I would like to wish them the best of success, both on and off the pitch.

It has been an honour of a lifetime to be a part of this Club – I would like to thank all the Club’s past and current players, staff, and of course fans for these incredible years.

I am proud that as a result of our joint successes, millions of people will now benefit from the new charitable foundation which is being established. This is the legacy which we have created together.

Thank you.

Roman’

CURLED FROM:
http://www.thesportstori.com/2022/05/roman-abramovich-says-goodbye-to.html

Re: Roman Abramovich Says Goodbye To Chelsea Football Club In An Emotional Statement by connection77: 12:39pm On May 28, 2022
You have tried jare
Re: Roman Abramovich Says Goodbye To Chelsea Football Club In An Emotional Statement by rayvelez(m): 12:42pm On May 28, 2022
God punish UK govt, Chelsea will surely missed you.

1 Like

Re: Roman Abramovich Says Goodbye To Chelsea Football Club In An Emotional Statement by donaldking10: 12:52pm On May 28, 2022
rayvelez:
God punish UK govt, Chelsea will surely missed you.

even punish U.S join.

1 Like

Re: Roman Abramovich Says Goodbye To Chelsea Football Club In An Emotional Statement by kb83(m): 1:04pm On May 28, 2022
Thanks Roman, You came, You saw, You conquered, We will surely miss your passion for the club.
Re: Roman Abramovich Says Goodbye To Chelsea Football Club In An Emotional Statement by Benbellamor: 1:07pm On May 28, 2022
Putin insensitivity to Russian sports and business interest is Epic
Re: Roman Abramovich Says Goodbye To Chelsea Football Club In An Emotional Statement by donaldking10: 1:10pm On May 28, 2022
Benbellamor:
Putin insensitivity to Russian sports and business interest is Epic

wetin concern sports & war??
when U.S.A was busy waging war against Iraq, Libya, Vietnam & Afghanistan, did anybody ban them from participating in any sporting competition??
abeg ogbeni park one place jare.

2 Likes

Re: Roman Abramovich Says Goodbye To Chelsea Football Club In An Emotional Statement by joyandfaith: 1:10pm On May 28, 2022
He should buy another club in north korea or china.
Re: Roman Abramovich Says Goodbye To Chelsea Football Club In An Emotional Statement by joyandfaith: 1:12pm On May 28, 2022
donaldking10:

wetin concern sports & war??
when U.S.A was busy waging war against Iraq, Libya, Vietnam & Afghanistan, did anybody ban them from participating in any sporting competition??
abeg ogbeni park one place jare.
Sport is business. Profits made can be used to fund wars.
Next time USA and allies invade any country Russia should ban them as well.

1 Like

Re: Roman Abramovich Says Goodbye To Chelsea Football Club In An Emotional Statement by chivic(m): 1:33pm On May 28, 2022
A born winner,a selfless leader ,a goal oriented champion.You crowned your success with the world club cup and Chelsea FC was declared the best CLUB of the year .That was the climax that drove haters crazy.
You are the undisputed best football owner.You were deeply hated by the FA and it showed in some of the calls made by the referees of most of our games.Yet,you hadly allow any season to end without winning a trophy,even when it happens the next year compensates with double trophy .
As the owner of Chelsea we go into any transfer market with swag afraid of no one.Most times we do "Point and KIll" to any player we so desire except for a few that have some personal preference or alligence to a club.
Though your Club was stolen by enemies who felt the have finally gotten you,you still ensured that over a billion dollars went to the same country you were accused of supporting Putin against Your charity foundation have been helping and will continue to help countless number of people .
We will surely miss you Mr Chelsea Roman Abrahimovic.
Re: Roman Abramovich Says Goodbye To Chelsea Football Club In An Emotional Statement by Mooh247: 6:56pm On May 28, 2022
I like how he is going to donate to charity money made... He just showed British he is the bigger man with good heart

He is still a Billionaire and still richer than them

(1) (Reply)

Favour Ofili Nigeria's 100 & 200m Sprinter Is Being Sabotaged By Her US Coaches / Top 15 Hottest Female Footballers In The World (2023) / 2023 Ballon D’or: Who Can Stop Messi From Winning An Eighth Trophy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.