Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,135 members, 7,821,877 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:47 PM

Peter Obi And What A Banker Told Me - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi And What A Banker Told Me (3941 Views)

Meet Muazu Alhaji Misiya, A Banker Who Left His Job To Join Vigilante Group / Kwankwaso Meets With Peter Obi And Atiku In Abuja (Photos) / Abaribe: What Suswam Told Me In DSS Custody (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi And What A Banker Told Me by Perfectbeing(m): 6:30pm On May 28, 2022
Every single person in this country know the problem of Nigeria and the solution to the problem but when you give them the power they will become as clueless as Jonathan and ineffectual as Buhari. When you're watching two players play cheese, you'll see all their wrong moves and better movies they would have played but when you enter the game you will start making the same mistakes.

That you Banker friend that knows the amount of money entering and leaving the country would be clueless if he had the power to make a change
Re: Peter Obi And What A Banker Told Me by Penguin2: 6:35pm On May 28, 2022
ScamHunter:
One banker told me that with the sort of money in this country, if politicians were working with just 10%, that this country would be competing with Europe.
With the hype around Peter Obi, there has been two questions in my mind. If he is as good as people say, why isn't Anambra close to becoming like Europe? Granted, a few times I have passed through the state, it does seem to have the best road network when compared to any other state I've been to. But in terms of massive development, I haven't noted that it is fantastically different from any other Nigerian state.

Furthermore, Peter Obi doesn't seem to have the will to fight. How can he stop the vultures bleeding the country dry if he couldn't even fight the PDP crooked politicians to a standstill? Unless there's something I'm missing, the odds against Peter in his quest to make Nigeria a working country is too high. It may just be just it - hype, since the negro race has not been known to know how to get things done. Peter may just be any other Nigerian politician, after all, Buhari was once a messiah you all were waiting for.

How can you compare Peter Obi to Buhari?

Are the mental capacity the same?

Are the antecedents the same?

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi And What A Banker Told Me by 989900: 6:40pm On May 28, 2022
That your banker friend has limited knowledge of how finance and economics work.

Not everyone one working in a bank is a banker, actually less than 5% of bank staff are actually "bankers".

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi And What A Banker Told Me by LikeAking: 6:55pm On May 28, 2022
ScamHunter:
One banker told me that with the sort of money in this country, if politicians were working with just 10%, that this country would be competing with Europe.
With the hype around Peter Obi, there has been two questions in my mind. If he is as good as people say, why isn't Anambra close to becoming like Europe? Granted, a few times I have passed through the state, it does seem to have the best road network when compared to any other state I've been to. But in terms of massive development, I haven't noted that it is fantastically different from any other Nigerian state.

Furthermore, Peter Obi doesn't seem to have the will to fight. How can he stop the vultures bleeding the country dry if he couldn't even fight the PDP crooked politicians to a standstill? Unless there's something I'm missing, the odds against Peter in his quest to make Nigeria a working country is too high. It may just be just it - hype, since the negro race has not been known to know how to get things done. Peter may just be any other Nigerian politician, after all, Buhari was once a messiah you all were waiting for.

That banker is a lair.

What is the budget of 9ja and most states.

Dont listen to lairs @ OP.

9ja money dey learn work.
Re: Peter Obi And What A Banker Told Me by Nobody: 7:40pm On May 28, 2022
Peter obi has an excellent opportunity in becoming elected in developed countries not in Nigeria because Nigerians prefer illiterates; sorry to sound really hard!!

Secondly he's from SE

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi And What A Banker Told Me by ScamHunter: 8:19pm On May 28, 2022
otipoju:

As an aspirant himself with no power of any office, How was he he supposed to fight Aspirants that were bribing delegates with 20,15 and 10 thousand dollars.

What exactly was he supposed to do. Beat them. Kill them, beg them ?? He has done the honourable thing and left the place for them to pursue his ambition on another platform thereby exposing them for all to see.

That is the best he could do in those circumstances.

In agree with you to some extent that he needed to exit PDP, but the fact still remains that he has been in the party for years and knows how corrupt Nigerian politicians are. Couldn't he have preempted this situation earlier and built a party or a coalition of formidable parties? Granted, he has a great name and reputation, but how will that translate to victory in a crooked system with the likes of Tinubu and Atiku ready to buy and sell people's consciences?
Re: Peter Obi And What A Banker Told Me by tuborme: 8:20pm On May 28, 2022
The truth is that when Peter Obi became governor in Anambra state, a lot of people including myself typing this were lifted out of poverty without knowing anybody! Do you know that with affordable healthcare alone…. A lot will change in Nigeria. Under Peter Obi, the children of the teachers and pensioners were able to attend private universities just because you were sure of getting your salary, pension and gratuity as and when due…. Without bribing anyone! You are able to plan your finances based on your income! Have you seen all those Anambra secondary schools beating their Oyibo counterparts and wining awards internationally? that was the ground work he did. Human capacity development is the best that can happen to anyone. Currently I employ 15 people directly and another 17 people indirectly…. all going home with minimum wage and above plus allowances! There are so many people like me who benefited and set up SME’s just because the government provided the good environment for people to thrive. Imagine if all the governors do thesame thing. Do you know how many factories came up in anambra while he was governor? Do you know about the Orient refinery and Anambra NIPP? and the Nigerian politics grounding it till today?

During the COVID palliative saga, did you hear of any warehouse in Anambra hoarding palliatives? You did not hear that because the poverty mapping he did was used to deliver those things to the right people. My parents received their own in the comfort of our home without talking to anyone. This is what we talk about building institutions that work. Most of those institutions are still working up till today!

If Peter Obi did not become governor… so many of us would have been Unknown Gunmen, kidnappers, and prostitutes! He gave us hope that we can get it right by being legit and it worked.
Check the whole of the south East, it’s only in Anambra that you will not see autonomous communities here and there with numerous kings. He strengthened those rural institutions instead of weakening them for his selfish interest. Those traditional institutions make governance robust in Anambra up till today.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi And What A Banker Told Me by ScamHunter: 8:23pm On May 28, 2022
Thanksful:

Some of you don't know how things work. The banker that told you that, does he know what a budget is?

Do he even know how many sectors a country operates on?

Check the budgets of states in the United States. Those budgets have ran for years yet they are deficient in infrastructure.

This mind set is why many fail in government. They think there is too much money to work with.

I do not agree with you that Nigeria is poor. The poverty in the country is that of the mind and ideas. It is a country that has been governed by men that are largely without vision. In fact, there is no Nigerian president that is fit to be the CEO of a company, except Peter Obi to some extent. That is why we need to be sure that he is not a flash in the pan. No country can cancel Nigeria's debt. Do you know why? There's wealth, massive wealth but mostly stolen by a thieving political class. Do you know what that means? You mostly have thieves occupy political offices in Nigeria.
Re: Peter Obi And What A Banker Told Me by obyrich(m): 8:23pm On May 28, 2022
Afamed:

When did Ngige leave office that most of the roads he put in place are still intact?
Which road built by Ngige do.you know?
Re: Peter Obi And What A Banker Told Me by ScamHunter: 8:26pm On May 28, 2022
Vulturereloaded:

Before you expose your foolishness here. Bring the sea port to Anambra. Bring the border between Nigeria and benin republic to Anambra.

Bring international airport and embassies to Anambra.

Then ensure that all multinational companies have their headquarters in Anambra, before your foolish comparison with lagos.

By the time buhari took over, almost all the states were in need of bailout funds. All the states in the South east, went for bailout except Anambra state.

All the states in the south west went for bailout except lagos.

Anambra was the least indebted state in Nigeria.

It tells you that peter obi would do far better with lagos resources.

Common sense is truly not common.

You're not making sense. There are countries that do not have all those this you mentioned, but still developing, developed or even prosperous. Some do not even have natural resourced like Africa but they're working. That Nigeria isn't working is simply the quality of people in it. That's why some of you are already waiting for 10k, 5k or even 2k to sell your votes.
Re: Peter Obi And What A Banker Told Me by ScamHunter: 8:33pm On May 28, 2022
Perfectbeing:
Every single person in this country know the problem of Nigeria and the solution to the problem but when you give them the power they will become as clueless as Jonathan and ineffectual as Buhari. When you're watching two players play cheese, you'll see all their wrong moves and better movies they would have played but when you enter the game you will start making the same mistakes.

That you Banker friend that knows the amount of money entering and leaving the country would be clueless if he had the power to make a change

So what do you think the problem is? Why is it that the last time this country saw real progress was during the first republic? Don't you think that the progress is linked to the whiteman's influence, since those nationalists, Awolowo, Zik, Okpara, Ibiam and co actually learnt how to make things work from the colonialists? Is there not something wrong with the negro?
Re: Peter Obi And What A Banker Told Me by ScamHunter: 8:38pm On May 28, 2022
tuborme:
The truth is that when Peter Obi became governor in Anambra state, a lot of people including myself typing this were lifted out of poverty without knowing anybody! Do you know that with affordable healthcare alone…. A lot will change in Nigeria. Under Peter Obi, the children of the teachers and pensioners were able to attend private universities just because you were sure of getting your salary, pension and gratuity as and when due…. Without bribing anyone! You are able to plan your finances based on your income! Have you seen all those Anambra secondary schools beating their Oyibo counterparts and wining awards internationally? that was the ground work he did. Human capacity development is the best that can happen to anyone. Currently I employ 15 people directly and another 17 people indirectly…. all going home with minimum wage and above plus allowances! There are so many people like me who benefited and set up SME’s just because the government provided the good environment for people to thrive. Imagine if all the governors do thesame thing. Do you know how many factories came up in anambra while he was governor? Do you know about the Orient refinery and Anambra NIPP? and the Nigerian politics grounding it till today?

During the COVID palliative saga, did you hear of any warehouse in Anambra hoarding palliatives? You did not hear that because the poverty mapping he did was used to deliver those things to the right people. My parents received their own in the comfort of our home without talking to anyone. This is what we talk about building institutions that work. Most of those institutions are still working up till today!

If Peter Obi did not become governor… so many of us would have been Unknown Gunmen, kidnappers, and prostitutes! He gave us hope that we can get it right by being legit and it worked.
Check the whole of the south East, it’s only in Anambra that you will not see autonomous communities here and there with numerous kings. He strengthened those rural institutions instead of weakening them for his selfish interest. Those traditional institutions make governance robust in Anambra up till today.

Now this is remarkable. Exactly the sort of testimony I want to hear and not theories. This evinces that the man actually has something to offer, especially if he was paying workers and encourages small enterprises to thrive. Thanks for this. At least, it is now clear that he built human capacity in the state with its attendant effect.
Re: Peter Obi And What A Banker Told Me by slivertongue: 8:58pm On May 28, 2022
foryourmind:
Peter Obi ran Anambra when it was the poorest state in Nigeria. Mind you he was impeached 3 times.

For him to transform Anambra from what was left of it after 3 years of Gov Chinwoke Mbadinuju (the worst governor of a state ever), means he's a great achiever.

Most folks are using the present order he introduced to judge him forgetting that such order didn't exist. Anambra is a difficult society. For obi to have made changes in the governance process shows he is made of steel

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi And What A Banker Told Me by chigoizie7(m): 9:18pm On May 28, 2022
foryourmind:
Peter Obi ran Anambra when it was the poorest state in Nigeria. Mind you he was impeached 3 times.

For him to transform Anambra from what was left of it after 3 years of Gov Chinwoke Mbadinuju (the worst governor of a state ever), means he's a great achiever.

Den virgy Etiaba came in the few weeks she was governor and looted what he already saved.
Re: Peter Obi And What A Banker Told Me by Perfectbeing(m): 9:58pm On May 28, 2022
ScamHunter:

So what do you think the problem is? Why is it that the last time this country saw real progress was during the first republic? Don't you think that the progress is linked to the whiteman's influence, since those nationalists, Awolowo, Zik, Okpara, Ibiam and co actually learnt how to make things work from the colonialists? Is there not something wrong with the negro?
Progress? What progress are you talking about? We have achieved more while ruling ourselves than when the whites ruled us.
The Whites never gave us a power station, a university, railway (the only one the built linked to the seaport to transport our resources to England). Our literacy rate is way higher than how they left it. They left it at 5 when we were less 50 million. Now it's over 70% now that we are over 200 million. So what progress are you talking about?
Re: Peter Obi And What A Banker Told Me by otipoju(m): 10:03pm On May 28, 2022
ScamHunter:

In agree with you to some extent that he needed to exit PDP, but the fact still remains that he has been in the party for years and knows how corrupt Nigerian politicians are. Couldn't he have preempted this situation earlier and built a party or a coalition of formidable parties? Granted, he has a great name and reputation, but how will that translate to victory in a crooked system with the likes of Tinubu and Atiku ready to buy and sell people's consciences?

If an estimated 200 million Nigerians believe that they truly have had enough sufferring caused by a few greedy politicians, ( less than 3,000) they would rally around a Peter Obi who is saying he wants to do things differently from the current norm.

It is up to Nigerians to decide what they really want but It is indeed our last chance to get things right or remain the way we are for a very long time.

Its a simple choice between continued suffering and a chance at a fresh start. If they let tribalism and religious sentiments cloud their judgement, they gave absolutely no right to ever complain about bad leadership and corruption. Its really that simple.

Me personally i would just X Nigeria from my consciousness and get off nairaland where i follow everyday what goes on in nigeria and face my life fully because Nigerians love their chains so why should i care.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi And What A Banker Told Me by Ofodirinwa: 10:06pm On May 28, 2022
foryourmind:
Peter Obi ran Anambra when it was the poorest state in Nigeria. Mind you he was impeached 3 times during his tenute.

For him to transform Anambra from what was left of it after 4 terrifying years of Gov Chinwoke Mbadinuju (the worst governor of a state ever), means he's a great achiever.

lol, when was Anambra the poorest state in State. Just say he did a good job without the theatre
Re: Peter Obi And What A Banker Told Me by globemoney01: 10:27am On May 29, 2022
Vulturereloaded:

[s]Before you expose your foolishness here. Bring the sea port to Anambra. Bring the border between Nigeria and benin republic to Anambra.

Bring international airport and embassies to Anambra.

Then ensure that all multinational companies have their headquarters in Anambra, before your foolish comparison with lagos.

By the time buhari took over, almost all the states were in need of bailout funds. All the states in the South east, went for bailout except Anambra state.

All the states in the south west went for bailout except lagos.

Anambra was the least indebted state in Nigeria.

It tells you that peter obi would do far better with lagos resources.

Common sense is truly not common[/s].
Ezi who will bring them to Anambra if not the liar that wasted our 8 years of oil boom with nothing to show. Who brought the airport he's now enjoying in Anambra
https://web.facebook.com/teobasi/videos/1481516512302729/
Re: Peter Obi And What A Banker Told Me by Vulturereloaded: 10:33am On May 29, 2022
globemoney01:

Ezi who will bring them to Anambra if not the liar that wasted our 8 years of oil boom with nothing to show. Who brought the airport he's now enjoying in Anambra

He brought over $200 million in Anambra from one investment.

All the so called investment obiano claimed to attract in Anambra in 8 years is not up to $50 million.

Why will investors trust peter obi to bring in $200 million in Anambra, but nobody trusted obiano to bring $50m in 8 years?

He told Anambra people a chinese company was coming to build the airport for $2 billion. Where is the chinese company today?

Obi is the reason Anambra did not go for the first bailout when other states went begging.

Today, obiano has handed over and Anambra needs bailout again. Soludo cant lay his hands on any money to do anything.

But obiano employed over 500 Special advisers in this first year in office. Paying minimum of 150k with official car. Of which you might be one of them, currently jobless under soludo. grin grin grin

Where did he get the money to squander in his first year, if obi did not leave money?

Obi left money for him to squander, but today he left nothing for soludo.
Re: Peter Obi And What A Banker Told Me by Ekpeitit(m): 10:34am On May 29, 2022
Obi should contest for president of Onitsha grin grin
Re: Peter Obi And What A Banker Told Me by Vulturereloaded: 10:35am On May 29, 2022
Ekpeitit:
Obi should contest for president of Onitsha grin grin

Wait for tinubus surprise. grin grin grin
Re: Peter Obi And What A Banker Told Me by globemoney01: 10:40am On May 29, 2022
Vulturereloaded:

[s]He brought over $200 million in Anambra from one investment.

All the so called investment obiano claimed to attract in Anambra in 8 years is not up to $50 million.

Why will investors trust peter obi to bring in $200 million in Anambra, but nobody trusted obiano to bring $50m in 8 years?

He told Anambra people a chinese company was coming to build the airport for $2 billion. Where is the chinese company today?

Obi is the reason Anambra did not go for the first bailout when other states went begging.

Today, obiano has handed over and Anambra needs bailout again. Soludo cant lay his hands on any money to do anything.

But obiano employed over 500 Special advisers in this first year in office. Paying minimum of 150k with official car. Of which you might be one of them, currently jobless under soludo. grin grin grin

Where did he get the money to squander in his first year, if obi did not leave money?

Obi left money for him to squander, but today he left nothing for soludo.[/s]

He brought over 200 million dollars investment and yet was doing IGR of 500 million naira monthly, while Obiano that didnt bring one 200 million dollar investment was doing IGR of 3 billion naira monthly, can't you see how deluded you sound.

All you do is wake up and swallow Peter Obi china lies, a governor that governed for 8 years of oild boom without any single legacy project to point to, today he's is enjoying Obiano's legacy projects.. shameful

Obiano left an IGR of over 3 billion monthly for Soludo, 13% derivation, oil producing state fund, Airport, ICC, Stadium etc, what did obi leave except china roads and lies

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi And What A Banker Told Me by MosheDayan: 10:51am On May 29, 2022
MyFlair:

So under less than 8years you expected Peter Obi to turn Anambra to Europe. You are actually an adult but with toddler brain
Hahahahaha

(1) (2) (Reply)

$1/900 Why CBN Must Avoid Emefiele's Mistake / President Jonathan&daughter Attend Yakubu Gowon's 80th Birthday Thanksgiving(pic / Why Buhari Absconded From Debate With Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.