Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,721 members, 7,813,381 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:34 AM

Is It A Sin -not To Paying Tithe - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It A Sin -not To Paying Tithe (771 Views)

Man Kicked Out Of Anglican Church In Warri For 'Not Paying Tithe, Dressing Well' / Should You Be Paying Tithe While You're Owing People Money? — Nigerian Man / Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It A Sin -not To Paying Tithe by Beautygoddesss: 8:10pm On May 28, 2022
The bible tells us to pay tithe.and give the first fruit of our hands.but those that do not pay is it a sin
Re: Is It A Sin -not To Paying Tithe by Kobojunkie: 8:30pm On May 28, 2022
Beautygoddesss:
The bible tells us to pay tithe.and give the first fruit of our hands.but those that do not pay is it a sin
Stop saying "The Bible tells us..." or "The Bible says....". Your Bible is instead a collection of books written by different authors each with different audiences in mind. You confuse yourself and miss the intended message of the author by your ignorance of who said what. Even worse, you miss an opportunity to learn from God Himself what His Truth concerning an issue is. undecided

That said, God's Old Covenant Law was given as a National Constitution to the people of Israel- those of the bloodline of Jacob - in the Land of Israel - Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20 . The details of this Constitution are found written of in the books of Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy. So every where you find a mention of Tithe, first fruit offering, Passover, etc., in scrpture, it is in reference to that given only to those of the blood of Jacob of which all Gentile born who don't live in the land of Israel among the Jews, are excluded from, this by God Himself. . undecided

Hope this helps you better answer your question.. undecided

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin -not To Paying Tithe by jmoore(m): 8:34pm On May 28, 2022
Beautygoddesss:
Why are you not sacrificing animals to God?

Tithe has no place in Christianity.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin -not To Paying Tithe by RichProminent(m): 8:36pm On May 28, 2022
Religious people are bunch of confused people, and yet they make the loudest noise.Does your little imaginary idol called god have interest in your money?

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin -not To Paying Tithe by Beautygoddesss: 8:50pm On May 28, 2022
Kobojunkie
matt 23:23,luke 11:42 u r talking abt old testament wat abt these new testaments?
i asked a simple question either yes or no
u r arguing wat i dnt even understandundecided
Re: Is It A Sin -not To Paying Tithe by Beautygoddesss: 8:53pm On May 28, 2022
jmoore:

Why are you not sacrificing animals to God?

Tithe has no place in Christianity.
the bible says we should tithe ten percent of the work of our hands.eg u earn 9000 a month u give GOD 90
which is 10%
wat do u say abt these scriptures luke 11:42,matt 23:23

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin -not To Paying Tithe by Beautygoddesss: 8:55pm On May 28, 2022
RichProminent:
Religious people are bunch of confused people, and yet they make the loudest noise.Does your little imaginary idol called god have interest in your money?
may GOD have mercy on u,u r just ignorant repent plz
yes he has interest in our money cuz through wat we give 2 him.he uses it to bless us
he does nt use the money.it is the church that does but he blesses us stillsmiley
Re: Is It A Sin -not To Paying Tithe by Kobojunkie: 8:58pm On May 28, 2022
Beautygoddesss:
Kobojunkie
matt 23:23,luke 11:42 u r talking abt old testament wat abt these new testaments?
i asked a simple question either yes or no
u r arguing wat i dnt even understandundecided
Both Passages you referenced indeed make reference to the Old Covenant laws. However, if you pay close attention to what is in fact written in each, you find that Jesus Christ is not there commanding you to pay Tithe but instead using the tradition to teach against you doing something else entirely. undecided
Re: Is It A Sin -not To Paying Tithe by Kobojunkie: 9:00pm On May 28, 2022
Beautygoddesss:
the bible says we should tithe ten percent of the work of our hands.eg u earn 9000 a month u give GOD 90
which is 10%
Your Bible never said such thing, neither did God. undecided

Read what is in fact written in Matthew 23 vs 23 to understand what Jesus Christ is infact teaching you what not to do. undecided
Re: Is It A Sin -not To Paying Tithe by RichProminent(m): 9:00pm On May 28, 2022
Beautygoddesss:
which is 10%
Who wrote the bible? Your pastors are only imitating the founders of christianity.They use the tithe and first fruit law to covet what you have.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin -not To Paying Tithe by RichProminent(m): 9:05pm On May 28, 2022
Beautygoddesss:
may GOD have mercy on u,u r just ignorant repent plz
yes he has interest in our money cuz through wat we give 2 him.he uses it to bless us
he does nt use the money.it is the church that does but he blesses us stillsmiley
You are the one that is ignorant not me because no one is forcibily taking the one-tenth of my income.Does God spend the money you give? No. It your pastors that confiscate it and lavish their family with it.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin -not To Paying Tithe by Beautygoddesss: 9:07pm On May 28, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Your Bible never said such thing, neither did God. undecided

Read what is in fact written in Matthew 23 vs 23 to understand what Jesus Christ is infact teaching you what not to do. undecided
lemme explain that scripture since u dnt understand it.jesus said woe unto u scribes and pharisees 4 u pay tithe and omit the weightier matters of law,mercy,faith and judgement.jesus meant tithe was important but the pharisees were showcasing themselves through d tithes they bring 2 the church and forget the more important stuff of mercy,law,faith and judgement
Re: Is It A Sin -not To Paying Tithe by Beautygoddesss: 9:10pm On May 28, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Both Passages you referenced indeed make reference to the Old Covenant laws. However, if you pay close attention to what is in fact written in each, you find that Jesus Christ is not there commanding you to pay Tithe but instead using the tradition to teach against you doing something else entirely. undecided
malachi 3:10-12,1 corithians 16:2
Re: Is It A Sin -not To Paying Tithe by Kobojunkie: 9:11pm On May 28, 2022
Read with your eyes open! undecided
23It will be bad for you teachers of the law and you Pharisees! You are hypocrites! You give God a tenth of the food you get, even your mint, dill, and cumin. But you don’t obey the really important teachings of the law—being fair, showing mercy, and being faithful. These are the things you should do. And you should also continue to do those other things. - Matthew 23 vs 23.
The main message above is actually a curse on those who will only choosd to obey some laws but ignore other laws like the Pharisees. undecided
Re: Is It A Sin -not To Paying Tithe by Beautygoddesss: 9:11pm On May 28, 2022
RichProminent:
Who wrote the bible? Your pastors are only imitating the founders of christianity.They use the tithe and first fruit law to covet what you have.
oga read malachi 3:10 -12 and tel me wat it says
Re: Is It A Sin -not To Paying Tithe by Kobojunkie: 9:12pm On May 28, 2022
Beautygoddesss:
malachi 3:10-12,1 corithians 16:2
Open your eyes and read what is presented rather than attempting an argument by search keywords. undecided
Re: Is It A Sin -not To Paying Tithe by jmoore(m): 9:12pm On May 28, 2022
Beautygoddesss:
which is 10%
You are still a novice. Go and learn from this thread >
https://www.nairaland.com/5783004/sentenced-asking-members-tithes-drama
Re: Is It A Sin -not To Paying Tithe by Beautygoddesss: 9:15pm On May 28, 2022
RichProminent:
You are the one that is ignorant not me because no one is forcibily taking the one-tenth of my income.Does God spend the money you give? No. It your pastors that confiscate it and lavish their family with it.
i give it willingly and i dnt care wat the pastors do with it cuz i know GOD will still bless me for it.it is only when i do it to impress people thats when GOD Will nt bless me becuz i have my reward already(the praises of the pple)
Re: Is It A Sin -not To Paying Tithe by RichProminent(m): 9:15pm On May 28, 2022
Beautygoddesss:
oga read malachi 3:10 -12 and tel me wat it says
If you can present an outside evidence outside the bible, I may take that.But telling me to read thesame fictional book as evidence, No No.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin -not To Paying Tithe by Kobojunkie: 9:15pm On May 28, 2022
Beautygoddesss:
lemme explain that scripture since u dnt understand it.jesus said woe unto u scribes and pharisees 4 u pay tithe and omit the weightier matters of law,mercy,faith and judgement. Jesus meant tithe was important but the pharisees were showcasing themselves through d tithes they bring 2 the church and forget the more important stuff of mercy,law,faith and judgement
um.... Jesus Christ declared cursed anyone who would, like the Pharisees and teachers of the law, focus on some aspects of the Law while rejecting other aspects. He used the Pharisees, teachers of the Law of Old and their tithing practices as a sort of proxy. undecided
Re: Is It A Sin -not To Paying Tithe by Beautygoddesss: 9:17pm On May 28, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Open your eyes and read what is presented rather than attempting an argument by search keywords. undecided
i tink i have silenced u now
my eyes are wide open thank u
Re: Is It A Sin -not To Paying Tithe by RichProminent(m): 9:17pm On May 28, 2022
Beautygoddesss:
i give it willingly and i dnt care wat the pastors do with it cuz i know GOD will still bless me for it.it is only when i do it to impress people thats when GOD Will nt bless me becuz i have my reward already(the praises of the pple)
Are you telling me now that if you don't pay tithe your god would not bless you?

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin -not To Paying Tithe by Beautygoddesss: 9:18pm On May 28, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Read with your eyes open! undecided
The main message above is actually a curse on those who will only choosd to obey some laws but ignore other laws like the Pharisees. undecided
THANK GOD U NOW UNDERSTAND THAT MEANING TITHING IS A LAW
Re: Is It A Sin -not To Paying Tithe by Beautygoddesss: 9:19pm On May 28, 2022
RichProminent:
If you can present an outside evidence outside the bible, I may take that.But telling me to read thesame fictional book as evidence, No No.
may GOD help u.repent plz
Re: Is It A Sin -not To Paying Tithe by Beautygoddesss: 9:20pm On May 28, 2022
Kobojunkie:
um.... Jesus Christ declared cursed anyone who would, like the Pharisees and teachers of the law, focus on some aspects of the Law while rejecting other aspects. undecided
thank u 4 dat nw u agree tithe is a law abi
Re: Is It A Sin -not To Paying Tithe by Beautygoddesss: 9:22pm On May 28, 2022
RichProminent:
Are you telling me now that if you don't pay tithe your god would not bless you?
he will still bless.its just one of the many ways GOD uses to bless us others include giving,kindness etc
Re: Is It A Sin -not To Paying Tithe by RichProminent(m): 9:23pm On May 28, 2022
Beautygoddesss:
may GOD help u.repent plz
Well, repentance is a word that applies to your religion that serves an imaginary being.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin -not To Paying Tithe by Beautygoddesss: 9:25pm On May 28, 2022
jmoore:

You are still a novice. Go and learn from this thread >
https://www.nairaland.com/5783004/sentenced-asking-members-tithes-drama
am nt a novice plz
am still learning alot abt GOD
Re: Is It A Sin -not To Paying Tithe by Kobojunkie: 9:25pm On May 28, 2022
Beautygoddesss:
thank u 4 dat nw u agree tithe is a law abi
Did I or anyone else for that matter on this thread ever state that tithing wasn't a law? undecided

Did I not explain earlier it is a law included in God's Old Covenant Law and constitution to the people of Israel?, undecided
Re: Is It A Sin -not To Paying Tithe by RichProminent(m): 9:25pm On May 28, 2022
Beautygoddesss:
he will still bless.its just one of the many ways GOD uses to bless us others include giving,kindness etc
Okay, tell me, if you don't pay your tithe, is it still a sin?

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin -not To Paying Tithe by Beautygoddesss: 9:26pm On May 28, 2022
RichProminent:
Well, repentance is a word that applies to your religion that serves an imaginary being.
av told u o.plz repent and stop ur ignorance
Re: Is It A Sin -not To Paying Tithe by Beautygoddesss: 9:28pm On May 28, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Did I or anyone else for that matter on this thread ever state that tithing wasn't a law? undecided

Did I not explain earlier it is a law included in God's Old Covenant Law and constitution to the people of Israel?, undecided
bringing us bk to the topic.those that dont pay is it a sin?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Best Prayer Camp In Rivers State - Prayer Camps In Portharcourt / I Got This From A Friend And I Guess It Needs Some Clarification / To All Redeemers In The House (r.c.c.g)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.