Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,443 members, 7,954,748 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:29 AM

Which of the APC Presidential Aspirant Can Defeat Atiku? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Which of the APC Presidential Aspirant Can Defeat Atiku? (3602 Views)

Obi: No Aspirant Can Save Nigeria via The 1999 Constitution - Afe Babalola / Buhari Will Defeat Atiku In His Home State - Lawan / I Will Defeat Atiku, Even In Adamawa – Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which of the APC Presidential Aspirant Can Defeat Atiku? by ayomilore: 10:22am On May 29, 2022
Osibanjo, if the APC Governors will work for him, he is the exact opposite of Atiku. Young, vibrant with untainted record. I repeat if APC Governors will work for him but the man that could call the shot in this regard appears confused, doesn't even know who his successor would be yet. Around this time in 2007 obj had already decided on Yaradua and mandated the Governors to work for his success. It's good to have an affirmative president, reasonable decisions will be taken and implemented on time.
Re: Which of the APC Presidential Aspirant Can Defeat Atiku? by Nobody: 10:25am On May 29, 2022
Ttalk:
Now that Atiku has won the PDP presidential slot who do you think APC should field that is capable of defeating Atiku and PDP in the general election?

For APC to win the 2023 election, the party would have to deploy strategies that would make electorate vote their party and candidate.

All is fair in game of politics and it won't be out of place of APC plays a religion card. Since Buhari a Muslim north would finish his 8th year in May next year, APC could field a Christian to win support of Christian south who are in majority in the PDP.

Another winning strategy is for APC to field a corrupt free candidate who would be acceptable when placed alongside Atiku that is known to be corrupt.

Now that the health status of the present president has raised a lot if concern among Nigerians who feel the president could not govern well because he is old, a young vibrant candidate could appeal to Nigerians who are tired of being governed by a sick president

It is no doubt that Atiku remain a formidable Aspirant that commands so much respect in our political space, APC at this point should look for a personality with opposite features in other to have a chance of defeating PDP and Atiku. If Atiku represent the old generation of politicians who have messed up our country over the years, it is high time APC make use of this golden opportunity by fielding a new generation candidate with new idea of how to do things differently. USA did it with Obama, Nigeria can as well do same

APC can as well use an ethnic card with a point that Buhari a Fulani man should not hand over power to another Fulani with annoying nepotic disposition of the present government, this could be a selling point where other ethnic groups who feel threatened by Fulani dominance in the last few year would want to exert their strength.

The following are the leading candidates in APC
1. Rotimi Amaechi
2. Bola Ahmed Tinubu
3. Ahmed Lawan
4. Yemi Osinbajo
5. Goodluck Jonathan

Only Jonathan
Re: Which of the APC Presidential Aspirant Can Defeat Atiku? by Nobody: 10:27am On May 29, 2022
Skyview01:

What agreement are you talking about.?.
Care to share with us who are parties to the agreement.?
When it was drafted.?. The contents of the said agreements.

Do not quote me again if you are unable to provide above answers.

Hmm... I even thought you read to understand.
I never said there was an agreement. I said how can you talk about unity when there is no agreement! I opined that agreement comes before unity! The south were never in agreement to forward a united front! Thanku
Re: Which of the APC Presidential Aspirant Can Defeat Atiku? by Ttalk: 10:39am On May 29, 2022
NetValueFX:

Hmm... I even thought you read to understand.
I never said there was an agreement. I said how can you talk about unity when there is no agreement! I opined that agreement comes before unity! The south were never in agreement to forward a united front! Thanku

The question from concwrned person from SE should be,

Will Atiku release MNK?
How will Atiku north handles SE agitation, unknown gunmen and deteriorating crises with weekly sit at home.?
Will Atiku north do anything differently from what the present government is doing.?

Politics is all about meeting people's adoration, which of APC candidate has the chance to meet these pressing needs?

Ohanese has issue a release rejecting Atiku, but what's their political solution when it's doubtful that Obi in Labour party would not win general election. This is the time for every region especially from the South to work on the right candidate in APC that would butter their bread, attacking and name-calling will not solve these problems

1 Like

Re: Which of the APC Presidential Aspirant Can Defeat Atiku? by 9japride(m): 10:41am On May 29, 2022
Ttalk:

It is not a matter of who North can relate with because northerners are present in both APC and PDP, the question is which candidate among APC aspirant can defeat Atiku. That is the problem that requires urgent solution and that is the task that NWC of APC must provide solution to.

Buhari would not want to lose in two fronts having been perceived by many as failure on security and economic front, losing the party to opposition will further dent his battered image
[color=#006600][/color]

I agree with you. But it will be difficult to defeat Atiku. A large percentage of southerners will prefer Atiku. Presently the only strong candidate of APC is Tinubu and Ameachi. Tinubu might not get enough votes from the south, to me he's body language shows that he does not like the Igbos and he's supporters are making it worst for Tinubu, as if to say Tinubu is contesting against the south east. Ameachi is the only candidate that can be used to face Atiku. Ameachi is highly respected in the north and also it's possible for the a large percentage of south south to support him. But presently APC hasn't shown brotherly love amongst the south eastern zone. I don't know what people gain by practicing exclusion of regions from good polices. APC has serious work on their hands and it will be difficult to convince people to vote them back again. The 8 years rule is something that can't be forgotten.
Re: Which of the APC Presidential Aspirant Can Defeat Atiku? by Ttalk: 10:50am On May 29, 2022
9japride:
[color=#006600][/color]

I agree with you. But it will be difficult to defeat Atiku. A large percentage of southerners will prefer Atiku. Presently the only strong candidate of APC is Tinubu and Ameachi. Tinubu might not get enough votes from the south, to me he's body language shows that he does not like the Igbos and he's supporters are making it worst for Tinubu, as if to say Tinubu is contesting against the south east. Ameachi is the only candidate that can be used to face Atiku. Ameachi is highly respected in the north and also it's possible for the a large percentage of south south to support him. But presently APC hasn't shown brotherly love amongst the south eastern zone. I don't know what people gain by practicing exclusion of regions from good polices. APC has serious work on their hands and it will be difficult to convince people to vote them back again. The 8 years rule is something that can't be forgotten.

Yeah, I quite agree with you and that's why they have drawn GEJ into the race. Whether he given ticket or not is another discussion, but the first intent was to draw his loyalist and have inroad into SS and SE, that would make manipulation easier than it was in the last election.

EFCC clamped on Okorocha could equally be a subtle way to tame some leaders who can pose serious challenge.
Presently, Peter Obi has ported with majority of Igbo loyalist, what is left for Igbo to negotiate.?

Will Atiku be willing to do a single term?

This is an opportunity for Igbo to negotiate her interest in APC, their factor should play critical role in who APC field. Failure of doing this will be great loss to Igbo. North and SW are seen to have benefitted in the present government at least to an extent

1 Like

Re: Which of the APC Presidential Aspirant Can Defeat Atiku? by Felincous(m): 1:14pm On May 29, 2022
Ttalk:

North / South division is just a factor and not a sole determinant of who wins. Atiku having northern factor should not be seeing as automatic win for PDP. APC can still make use of it's strength factors
Very correct bro
Re: Which of the APC Presidential Aspirant Can Defeat Atiku? by Ttalk: 1:17pm On May 29, 2022
9japride:
[color=#006600][/color]

Those you termed large Southerners who would prefer a northerner are some disgruntles from SE who feel power should be given to SE region
Re: Which of the APC Presidential Aspirant Can Defeat Atiku? by speaktome(m): 1:49pm On May 29, 2022
No, I will not
TheRealGap:
Please run, I beg��

Re: Which of the APC Presidential Aspirant Can Defeat Atiku? by SledgeHammerer: 2:58pm On May 29, 2022
Ttalk:
APC can as well use an ethnic card with a point that Buhari a Fulani man should not hand over power to another Fulani with annoying nepotic disposition of the present government, this could be a selling point where other ethnic groups who feel threatened by Fulani dominance in the last few year would want to exert their strength

Very simple!
It'll fly so easily in the south.
Re: Which of the APC Presidential Aspirant Can Defeat Atiku? by PaChukwudi44(m): 3:05pm On May 29, 2022
Mooh247:

Oga Atiku can't win North he has been trying since 1991 and got his ass whipped even at his local government

Tinubu is far richer than Atiku in fact Atiku Sold his shares of INTELS to Tinubu, for $100m and that was like a peanut from what Tinubu earn monthly

Fulani Atiku cant win NorthCentral, Tinubu with strong NE Christian would share Atiku's NE votes, SouthSouth has no candidate and would definitely not vote Fulani herdsmen again, SouthWest has 14 million votes so NorthWest is the battle ground

Just let Tinubu get APC ticket and you would see the power of media, if he gets 20% Southern vote with what Herdsmen did then Atiku tried
Stop deceiving yourself with this voters data.There are more Igbo voters outside the SE than inside the SE
Re: Which of the APC Presidential Aspirant Can Defeat Atiku? by PaChukwudi44(m): 3:06pm On May 29, 2022
Ttalk:

Those you termed large Southerners who would prefer a northerner are some disgruntles from SE who feel power should be given to SE region
You forgot the SW voted against a SS son GEJ in 2015 grin grin grin
Re: Which of the APC Presidential Aspirant Can Defeat Atiku? by Mooh247: 4:26pm On May 29, 2022
PaChukwudi44:

Stop deceiving yourself with this voters data.There are more Igbo voters outside the SE than inside the SE

Give us proof, because here in SouthWest it's a very big lie, in we have far more Northerners than little Ibo traders
Re: Which of the APC Presidential Aspirant Can Defeat Atiku? by 9japride(m): 4:42pm On May 29, 2022
Ttalk:

[color=#006600][/color]

From your statement, I am sure you are a Tinubu fan. Does Tinubu try to associate with south eastern region? We don't need another sectional leader.
Re: Which of the APC Presidential Aspirant Can Defeat Atiku? by 9japride(m): 4:50pm On May 29, 2022
Ttalk:

Yeah, I quite agree with you and that's why they have drawn GEJ into the race. Whether he given ticket or not is another discussion, but the first intent was to draw his loyalist and have inroad into SS and SE, that would make manipulation easier than it was in the last election.

EFCC clamped on Okorocha could equally be a subtle way to tame some leaders who can pose serious challenge.
Presently, Peter Obi has ported with majority of Igbo loyalist, what is left for Igbo to negotiate.?

Will Atiku be willing to do a single term?

This is an opportunity for Igbo to negotiate her interest in APC, their factor should play critical role in who APC field. Failure of doing this will be great loss to Igbo. North and SW are seen to have benefitted in the present government at least to an extent
[color=#006600][/color]

You have a point, Atiku can never never do one term. The only way is for assurance that south east will be given the chance after 8 years. All these can't be bank on due to chameleon nature of politicans. Igbos are better having their own country due to the extreme hatred they face since after the civil war.
Re: Which of the APC Presidential Aspirant Can Defeat Atiku? by Reality3080: 4:50pm On May 29, 2022
Ttalk:

many southerners will not even follow atiku cos he’s another Fulani man n we can’t allow Fulani to rule us for straight 16 years

Na only them?
Will atiku do anything different from buhari?
Many will see atiku as buhari pro max

Only igbos will vote obi or atiku

Apc propaganda will paint d Fulani in bad light,igbos are confused cos they believe Fulani is the root of their problem but out of hate for Yoruba they have to follow fulanis again
Re: Which of the APC Presidential Aspirant Can Defeat Atiku? by Nobody: 4:56pm On May 29, 2022
mrvitalis:
We told them they didn't believe now there eyes done dey open

Nigerian politics has always been south Vs north

Only a united south can win election them say Igbos no Sabi politics ,we didn't build bridge blah blah blah

Did Igbos expect anyone to dash them the Presidency? See Tinubu who started the APC merger talks going everywhere to source for delegates' votes but Ibos want APC to dash them the Presidency when they will not even vote for the party.
Re: Which of the APC Presidential Aspirant Can Defeat Atiku? by mrvitalis(m): 4:58pm On May 29, 2022
Siwel25:

Did Igbos expect anyone to dash them the Presidency? See Tinubu who started the APC merger talks going everywhere to source for delegates' votes but Ibos want APC to dash them the Presidency when they will not even vote for the party.
By this time next week we would see how far tinubu ooh
Re: Which of the APC Presidential Aspirant Can Defeat Atiku? by Nobody: 4:59pm On May 29, 2022
adebwalex:
Only Osinbajo can beat this criminal Atiku.. APC should not do any mistake. We cant have another fulani as president. Atiku is a failure.. Good chance for APC TO FIELD IN PYO...

Are U a comedian? Northerners do not even feel anything for Osinbajo. It is Tinubu they have been thanking for helping Buhari. Jagaban is the only one capable of defeating Atiku unless U just hate the man for nothing. Face reality!
Re: Which of the APC Presidential Aspirant Can Defeat Atiku? by Nobody: 5:02pm On May 29, 2022
mrvitalis:

By this time next week we would see how far tinubu ooh

Unlike some people in the east, I will NEVER vote for a Fulani man again after 8 years of Buhari. I prefer to vote for Obi or Moghalu if APC goes North. I will stick with my fellow Southerner cos Fulanis would think they own the Country if we allow them. I would rather vote for Lucifer than support a Northerner again.
Re: Which of the APC Presidential Aspirant Can Defeat Atiku? by Nigerialabalaba: 5:06pm On May 29, 2022
PaChukwudi44:

They won't even smell the APC ticket.The only southerner now that can win the APC ticket is GEJ
By GEJ, u mean a minority wey no even control hin tinini state with one of d smallest voters won face Atiku, a fulani wey get money and dey control hin state with a majority tribe abi grin
U tink say dis na PDP rigging era?
If u no sabi before, sabi am now, na because of Tinubu Pdp chose Atiku. GEJ na zero threat to pdp because SW wey get a major tribe and vote en bloc no go vote for GEJ

Re: Which of the APC Presidential Aspirant Can Defeat Atiku? by mrvitalis(m): 5:53pm On May 29, 2022
Siwel25:

Unlike some people in the east, I will NEVER vote for a Fulani man again after 8 years of Buhari. I prefer to vote for Obi or Moghalu if APC goes North. I will stick with my fellow Southerner cos Fulanis would think they own the Country if we allow them. I would rather vote for Lucifer than support a Northerner again.
Like u did in 2015 right ?
Re: Which of the APC Presidential Aspirant Can Defeat Atiku? by Ttalk: 5:56pm On May 29, 2022
PaChukwudi44:

You forgot the SW voted against a SS son GEJ in 2015 grin grin grin

What about in 2011, GEJ got 40% in 2015
Re: Which of the APC Presidential Aspirant Can Defeat Atiku? by Nobody: 5:58pm On May 29, 2022
mrvitalis:

Like u did in 2015 right ?

2015 was the turn of the North apart from Jonathan's incompetence. There was nothing personal or clannish about my choice then. I voted and campaigned for Jonathan in 2011 becos I believed he has earned it.

This time, it is the turn of the South and I would not support anything that will diminish the South. Once again, nothing personal. APC goes North, I will go East!
Re: Which of the APC Presidential Aspirant Can Defeat Atiku? by mrvitalis(m): 6:00pm On May 29, 2022
Siwel25:

2015 was the turn of the North apart from Jonathan's incompetence. There was nothing personal or clannish about my choice then. I voted and campaigned for Jonathan in 2011 becos I believed he has earned it.

This time, it is the turn of the South and I would not support anything that will diminish the South. Once again, nothing personal. APC goes North, I will go East!
How was it turn of north in 2015
Re: Which of the APC Presidential Aspirant Can Defeat Atiku? by Ttalk: 6:01pm On May 29, 2022
SledgeHammerer:

Very simple!
It'll fly so easily in the south.

My experience in politics tells me that PDP may become what CPC and ANPP used to be in the north. Let's wait and see what APC will bring up and we would see voting pattern that produce GEJ in 2011

1 Like

Re: Which of the APC Presidential Aspirant Can Defeat Atiku? by Ttalk: 6:04pm On May 29, 2022
9japride:
[color=#006600][/color]

From your statement, I am sure you are a Tinubu fan. Does Tinubu try to associate with south eastern region? We don't need another sectional leader.

Based on my political affiliation am more connected to Amaechi project. But I'll go for Osinbajo based on reality followed by Tinubu

1 Like

Re: Which of the APC Presidential Aspirant Can Defeat Atiku? by Ttalk: 6:10pm On May 29, 2022
Siwel25:

Are U a comedian? Northerners do not even feel anything for Osinbajo. It is Tinubu they have been thanking for helping Buhari. Jagaban is the only one capable of defeating Atiku unless U just hate the man for nothing. Face reality!

Don't speak for notherners because you are not one, let northerners speak for themselves. Osinbajo will sell better than Tinubu in the present circumstances. There will be a huge religion factor in the South the type that have never been experienced before
Re: Which of the APC Presidential Aspirant Can Defeat Atiku? by 9japride(m): 6:37pm On May 30, 2022
Ttalk:

Based on my political affiliation am more connected to Amaechi project. But I'll go for Osinbajo based on reality followed by Tinubu
[color=#006600][/color]

Good. Tinubu is better off as a king maker.
Re: Which of the APC Presidential Aspirant Can Defeat Atiku? by Oluwatobike: 9:24pm On May 30, 2022
With Atiku as PDP candidate, I don’t see Tinubu winning the election.

Northerners will collect whatsoever Tinubu offer them for their vote but on the day of election, 85% will vote for Atiku. SS and SE will do the same, while vote in SW will be shared 30, 40 and 30 respectively. You don't have to believe this, but it's the obvious. Know this, know peace.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tinubu Looking Quite Agile...pics / The Aworis Are The Owners Of Lagos, Not Yoruba / Biden Says Alternative To Sanctions Against Russia Would Be Third World War

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.