Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,545 members, 7,823,393 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:40 AM

Phone Ringing During Church Service - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Phone Ringing During Church Service (11519 Views)

Yahoo Boys Spray Cash On A Pastor During Church Service / Daddy Freeze Reacts To Man Wearing A Hat During Church Service (Photo) / Elderly Man Caught Watching Sexually Explicit Video During Church Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Phone Ringing During Church Service by EmzyT: 10:29am On May 29, 2022
Re: Phone Ringing During Church Service by kazyhm(m): 10:30am On May 29, 2022
Christianity be thing
Re: Phone Ringing During Church Service by Jamesbiodun(m): 10:32am On May 29, 2022
You are in church praying for call of blessings, oga pick your call grin

1 Like

Re: Phone Ringing During Church Service by kokomilala(m): 10:33am On May 29, 2022
It's hubris! Crass irresponsibility on the part of those who do it. People are so enamoured with passing things that God is only seen obliquely.

1 Like

Re: Phone Ringing During Church Service by Nobody: 10:35am On May 29, 2022
What if na family emergency nko mtcheww
Re: Phone Ringing During Church Service by satandeterrible: 10:47am On May 29, 2022
TriCee:
Not nice. Priest for my church go just embarrass you.
I'd rather leave my phone at home, than allow it ring out in the church.
Dem no born him well
Hlm never jam
Re: Phone Ringing During Church Service by a2d3rew(m): 10:48am On May 29, 2022
Go and see my Muslim brothers in there prayers, everything in control,
Two months ago, I wen to market buying some clothes, I met this Man at market selling, and that time it was evening, they are calling for prayer, after I buy everything with this Man, I didn't given to him money yet, as he look at his time, and say Allah hakbbarr, he immediately leave the money and his business went to pray, I give the money for someone beside him, I come next and ask wether the man get his money,he say I get it,.
Wen Muslim want to pray, even 1 million things u want buy ,he or she will not even answer u neither to sell for u,
Come to Christine and see something, wen a business man was in church and customer call for 1k Maggi ,he will immediately leave church and answer the call, and even say am coming, given to me a minute.
I'm also Christian, , I will say the truth and the truth shall make free.
Let us carful, and take our religion seriously,
We have a living God.
Re: Phone Ringing During Church Service by chatinent: 10:56am On May 29, 2022
Phone rings...

Usher: bring that phone here.

Me: e bi like you don dey mad abi?
Re: Phone Ringing During Church Service by abubakar091: 10:59am On May 29, 2022
Gcxgg
Re: Phone Ringing During Church Service by 1Sharon(f): 11:03am On May 29, 2022
chiommy123:
I wonder what is so special in our phones that we can't switch it off, put it on silent or even leave it at home so we can fully concentrate in church service. But we speedily switch it off for hours when going in for business meetings. We are deceiving, disgracing and disrespecting ourselves

People are so addicted and not it's a good look at all, to be constantly on your phone.
Re: Phone Ringing During Church Service by Channah1(f): 11:07am On May 29, 2022
Lol..
Re: Phone Ringing During Church Service by pozehnani(f): 11:09am On May 29, 2022
I have been embarrassed once with an incessant call by my pastor.

This was in 2016. My ex invited me to his parish and that day the GO came to his parish so I went and was sitted in the middle of the church a few rows away from the altar.

My parish pastor when he didn't see me in service and wanted me to sign a check started calling me on end. The annoying part was that I couldn't pick or off my phone because it was a blind phone. The phone too was an eyesore and the ringing tone was so loud that it was getting everywhere. So if I now bring it out, before I'll be able to turn it off, the GO might even stone me mic.

One usher has been looking at me sternly. And my pastor too kept calling. ha! I knew it was him because since I was with my guy, no other person can call and being a Sunday, I knew it was definitely him. So the usher walked up to me and told me to switch off my phone. The embarrassment.
I just dipped my hand in my bag and pinched the phone until it went off.
Re: Phone Ringing During Church Service by amp01(m): 11:23am On May 29, 2022
How many of you can answer a call in a shrine.
We disrespect God a lot.
Most people don't know why,they go to church.
God is wonderful in his endurance and mercy.

That's why people think there is no God.
Re: Phone Ringing During Church Service by nedu2000(m): 11:32am On May 29, 2022
I simply leave my phone on but at home. Only an irresponsible person would be insensitive enough to call 'during church hours' even if it is for a job!
Re: Phone Ringing During Church Service by goodheart01: 11:44am On May 29, 2022
Oluromantic:

Lol. If you're religious, it's good. But accept enlightenment with it. Even pastors keep thier phones on, who expect calls from snr and guest preachers and some pastors who are bringing news of promotion to snr pastor cadre to them

Some contract/appointment calls are promised for sunday mornings. The same appointment letter you've been praying and fasting about. Ignorance can make you loose it.

Pls tell them. Some people mix religion with folly
Re: Phone Ringing During Church Service by paxonel(m): 11:46am On May 29, 2022
What is so sacrosanct about church anyway, that one should not pick his call if the call is important? undecided
Re: Phone Ringing During Church Service by Emu4u2c: 11:49am On May 29, 2022
LoL

My girl friend had an episode This morning at church.

Her apple watch was ringing all through service..I tell am switch the device off she nor gree... picked up about 5 calls and every one was just staring at us .

My girl nor send anybody.

Usher come warn us sternly �
Re: Phone Ringing During Church Service by Zaminamina: 12:02pm On May 29, 2022
Phones should not be left at home when going to church because of some emergencies that may require urgent attention. Rather it should be put on vibration � in order not to distract other members.
Supposing you left your phone at home and go to church and their is a fire outbreak in your shop or house, or as a medical professional you are needed at the hospital on emergency. You see why you have to take your phone � anywhere you go. That is why it is called handset....
Re: Phone Ringing During Church Service by deekseen(m): 12:12pm On May 29, 2022
hopefulLandlord:
We leave our phones on because these calls sometimes are business calls which brings us money which makes us pay good tithes, offerings, donations etc which brings us respect from pastors.
It is good for your pastor to respect you, but it is better for God to have respect for your offering.

Ask Bro Cain. Gen 4:3-5
Re: Phone Ringing During Church Service by Thattallgirl(f): 12:21pm On May 29, 2022
SwissMass:
What nonsense is these for God sake on Sunday, so this one suppose to be Christian post or what mockery is this, no preaching of the gospel of Jesus Christ, it is rubbish non-profitable and non-essentials we are seeing, yet for Muslims on Fridays, it always ruling on this and that which is about teaching their Islamic teachings
There are meaningful threads on the gospel of Jesus Christ but the mods don't bring them to front page.

1 Like

Re: Phone Ringing During Church Service by Daviddson(m): 12:31pm On May 29, 2022
It's a sign of spiritual laxity to allow your phone ring out in church. If you think you might forget to put it on Silence Mode, drop it at home.
Re: Phone Ringing During Church Service by Daviddson(m): 12:35pm On May 29, 2022
Emu4u2c:
LoL

My girl friend had an episode This morning at church.

Her apple watch was ringing all through service..I tell am switch the device off she nor gree... picked up about 5 calls and every one was just staring at us .
My girl neither respect nor fear God.

Usher come warn us sternly
Corrected! grin
Re: Phone Ringing During Church Service by Igwe290: 12:53pm On May 29, 2022
You are saying from Monday to Saturday let’s assume you only go to church on Sunday.
That it is only that Sunday that business calls will come in?
hopefulLandlord:
We leave our phones on because these calls sometimes are business calls which brings us money which makes us pay good tithes, offerings, donations etc which brings us respect from pastors.
Re: Phone Ringing During Church Service by hopefulLandlord: 1:01pm On May 29, 2022
Igwe290:
You are saying from Monday to Saturday let’s assume you only go to church on Sunday.
That it is only that Sunday that business calls will come in?
Business calls come in every single day Igwe.

1 Like

Re: Phone Ringing During Church Service by IDIOTmoderators: 1:26pm On May 29, 2022
Victorygold:
Help me ask them ooo...

Do you need proof of fund (POF) for UK student visa or other country's visa requirements / processing? @3.5% rate

check me up on (o, 7, o, 3, six, 5, 8, one, 8, two, 9).

only serious and ready people From any where in Nigeria.

And you are advertising your illegal business openly.
Re: Phone Ringing During Church Service by meeketta: 1:30pm On May 29, 2022
hopefulLandlord:
The reason is NOT valid.
Re: Phone Ringing During Church Service by meeketta: 1:35pm On May 29, 2022
It is only irresponcible people that allow their phones to ring when church is on.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Paintings Of Hell By A Korean Artist / Lady With Two Pregnancy Complications, Delivers Naturally After Prayers / Holy Thursday, Footwashing , And The Institution Of The Priesthood

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.