Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,940 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

Kunle Adeyanju Who Is Riding A Bike From London To Lagos Is Due To Arrive Today - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Kunle Adeyanju Who Is Riding A Bike From London To Lagos Is Due To Arrive Today (32316 Views)

Airlines Sue Sirika As Nigeria Air Planes Arrive Today / Kunle Adeyanju Arrives Africa With Bike (Photo) / Fehintoluwa Okegbenle Rides Bike From Lagos To Onitsha And Back Within A Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kunle Adeyanju Who Is Riding A Bike From London To Lagos Is Due To Arrive Today by chanx: 4:22pm On May 29, 2022
This is a memorable adventure. Kudos

2 Likes

Re: Kunle Adeyanju Who Is Riding A Bike From London To Lagos Is Due To Arrive Today by longifilis(m): 4:36pm On May 29, 2022
naptu2:
An adventurist, Kunle Adeyanju, who is on a motorcycle journey from London to Lagos, is due to arrive in Lagos today. Adeyanju, who undertook the journey in order to raise funds for the fight against polio, has been riding his motorcycle, a Honda CB 500X, from London since April 19th and he is due to arrive Lagos today.

The journey has been full of adventure and risks and he has documented it on his Twitter feed. Policemen, customs officials and thugs extorted ₦124,000 from him on the Mauritania-Senegal border. His outcry on Twitter attracted the attention of Mauritanian ministers who launched an investigation into the incident. He was initially denied entry into the Ivory Coast because the border between Ivory Coast and Senegal was closed due to Covid-19 restrictions, but the Nigerian Embassy in Ivory Coast helped him get around the problem. He had ridden into Burkina Faso in order to avoid Ivory Coast, but he came back into Ivory Coast after the Nigerian Embassy intervened. He also suffered a flat tyre in Mali, but kind villagers came to his rescue. However, one of the things that has attracted the most attention from his followers on Twitter is the various women that he has met along the way. One of them has promised to come to Lagos to await his arrival.

Mr Adeyanju and his motorcycle crossed from Spain in Europe, to Morocco in Africa via ferry.

Kunle Adeyanju is the president-elect of the Ikoyi Metro district of the Rotary Club and he has been hosted by rotary clubs all along his route. He has also been hosted by biker clubs and the Nigerian diplomatic missions all along his route. He spoke to Twitter staff in Ghana and also received a message from Twitter's CEO, Parag Agrawal.

Mr Adeyanju has previously climbed Mount Kilimanjaro and planted a Nigerian flag at its summit, he has sky dived and ridden a motorcycle from Ghana to Nigeria. He plans to auction his motorcycle, which he nicknamed Eagle, when he gets to Lagos and he will donate the proceeds to the fight against polio. There are also hints that a book and a Netflix series will be produced to document the journey.

Why did he settled for a motorcycle.? How did he manage to cross the riverine areas?, I am being honest, I do not understand the objective of the trip, polio? There are better ways to do this rather than embarking on the trip using a motorcycle.
Re: Kunle Adeyanju Who Is Riding A Bike From London To Lagos Is Due To Arrive Today by longifilis(m): 4:37pm On May 29, 2022
longifilis:

Why did he settled for a motorcycle? How did he manage to cross the riverine areas? I am being honest, I do not understand the objective of the trip, polio? There are better ways to do this rather than embarking on the trip using a motorcycle.
Re: Kunle Adeyanju Who Is Riding A Bike From London To Lagos Is Due To Arrive Today by longifilis(m): 4:39pm On May 29, 2022
[quote author=longifilis post=113287344][/quote]
Re: Kunle Adeyanju Who Is Riding A Bike From London To Lagos Is Due To Arrive Today by Bbbw: 5:18pm On May 29, 2022
Ok
Re: Kunle Adeyanju Who Is Riding A Bike From London To Lagos Is Due To Arrive Today by naptu2: 7:01pm On May 29, 2022
I know that some people are posting simply because they want to troll and I have no time for those people, but this explanation is for those that genuinely do not know.

1) Charity events: People all over the world and all through time have taken up challenges in order to raise money for charity. Just 2 years ago we saw how Captain Tom Moore, at the age of 99, walked 100 lengths of his garden in order to raise money for charity. There was the Ice Bucket Challenge which has gone viral many times since 2014 and which was done to raise funds for research into the ALS disease. Some people have auctioned dresses, guitars, etc in order to raise funds for charity.

This bike ride got so much publicity that people all over the world were talking about it. It became an opportunity to get people to donate towards the funding of polio vaccination campaigns, treatment for people suffering the effects of polio, etc. This is a common practice all over the world and all through time.

Similarly, there have been many people that have taken various "around the world" challenges. There have been people that have driven cars around the world, ridden motorcycles, bicycles, etc. They usually cross continents by sailing across the narrowest waterways between the continents. This has been done for more than a century and it is not a new thing.

Congratulations to Kunle Adeyanju for raising money for the fight against polio.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kunle Adeyanju Who Is Riding A Bike From London To Lagos Is Due To Arrive Today by dominique(f): 8:46pm On May 29, 2022
tuzle:
isnt there a water body that cuts africa from europe, i may be wrong thou. someone should pls educate me on how he was able to scale through with just a bike

There's also a water body that separates the UK from the rest of Europe, he took ferries for those.
Re: Kunle Adeyanju Who Is Riding A Bike From London To Lagos Is Due To Arrive Today by Foreigna2: 11:09pm On May 29, 2022
abobote:
Liar, which road did he pass?

I have noticed that you always make unintelligent arguments on this forum. Is it that you are naturally daft or you got it from both parents? I have never met someone so stupid in my life.
Re: Kunle Adeyanju Who Is Riding A Bike From London To Lagos Is Due To Arrive Today by shegz24(m): 2:51am On May 30, 2022
So what did his transport from London to Lagos acheive?
Re: Kunle Adeyanju Who Is Riding A Bike From London To Lagos Is Due To Arrive Today by 3rdavefarms(m): 5:34am On May 30, 2022
I share in his Glory , God bless Rotary ikorodu club 72

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Poor State Of Umuahia/lkwuano-lkot Ekpene Road (Pictures) / Accident Along Kaduna-abuja Expressway / Moshood Adisa Olabisi Ajala - The Famous Globetrotter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.