Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,433 members, 7,812,287 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:12 AM

If You've Been Filled With The Holy Spirit. Share Your Experience Here - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If You've Been Filled With The Holy Spirit. Share Your Experience Here (587 Views)

Share Your Experience(s) Of God's Miracles & Wonderful Acts / Share Your Experience With Fetish Friends, Neighbor, Landlord, Co-worker Etc / What's Your Most Embarrassing Moment In Church? Share Your Experience. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You've Been Filled With The Holy Spirit. Share Your Experience Here by Ficco(m): 12:37pm On May 29, 2022
Dear brethren,
I will like to know your experience on how you're filled with the Holy Spirit of God with the evidence of speaking in tongues.

I have been born again for a while and by God's grace growing gradually in the word. I have been longing to receive the outpouring of the Spirit with the evidence of speaking in tongues in my life. According to the word of God, I've learnt that one can achieve much and get lots of revelations by praying in spirit. I usually get tired when praying in my understanding and sometimes become lazy to pray. Our Lord Jesus Christ says that those that worship God must worship Him in spirit and in trust.

I have been prayed for and laid hands on for like twice by different men of God, however I'm yet to pray in tongues. I really admire those that pray in tongues and sincerely desire to pray in spirit also.

Kindly share your experience and how you were able to receive this heavenly gift and how fervently you prayed and desired it.

Thank you and God bless you.
Re: If You've Been Filled With The Holy Spirit. Share Your Experience Here by doggedfighter(f): 12:43pm On May 29, 2022
Re: If You've Been Filled With The Holy Spirit. Share Your Experience Here by Dtruthspeaker: 1:09pm On May 29, 2022
Ficco:
Dear brethren,
I will like to know your experience on how you're filled with the Holy Spirit of God with the evidence of speaking in tongues.

I have been born again for a while and by God's grace growing gradually in the word.

If you testify about yourself, your testimony is not true (unacceptable). John 5:31 Would you accept the report card of a person who marks his own exam answer script?

So, it is. You are not the proper person to say "I am born again" it is other people who will tell you and everyone else that YOU ARE DIFFERENT!

That is how the Mark of God is and how it is proven that you are in deed of a different birth (born again).

And this is only achieved when you have learnt all that The Lord teaches.

And He is the One Who Marks your script and bestows upon you The Gift of The Holy Spirit at the completion of your classes.

That is how it works.

1 Like

Re: If You've Been Filled With The Holy Spirit. Share Your Experience Here by Kobojunkie: 1:31pm On May 29, 2022
Ficco:
1. I will like to know your experience on how you're filled with the Holy Spirit of God with the evidence of speaking in tongues.

2. I have been born again for a while and by God's grace growing gradually in the word. I have been longing to receive the outpouring of the Spirit with the evidence of speaking in tongues in my life.

3. According to the word of God, I've learnt that one can achieve much and get lots of revelations by praying in spirit.

4. I usually get tired when praying in my understanding and sometimes become lazy to pray. Our Lord Jesus Christ says that those that worship God must worship Him in spirit and in trust.

5. I have been prayed for and laid hands on for like twice by different men of God, however I'm yet to pray in tongues. I really admire those that pray in tongues and sincerely desire to pray in spirit also.
1. First off, that is a lie. Speaking in tongues isn't evidence of the Holy Spirit. Instead it is evidence that you believe - Mark 16 vs 15 - 18. undecided

2. You say you have been born-again for a while now but what is it that convinces you that you have entered into the Kingdom of God - John 3 vs 5 - 8? undecided

Also, by which gate did you gain access to the Kingdom of God - Matthew 7 vs 13 - 14? undecided

Since being born-again means you also have a spirit living on the inside of you, what is it that the Spirit inside of you regularly causes you to do? undecided

From my experience, and from scripture, there are two kinds of speaking - in gibberish and in a new language. Jesus Christ said those who believe in Him will speak in a new language. Speaking in gibberish is a sign that one is not of Him. undecided

3. Praying in spirit? When Jesus Christ taught His disciples to pray, He told them to say the Lord's prayer whenever they desired to pray. So,I don't know what else could be of God is not that taught us by God Himself - Matthew 6 vs 6 - 15 undecided

4. Jesus Christ gave His followers about 100 commandments to continuously submit to and obey every moment of their very lives. So I don't see how focusing on just the about 5% which revolve around praying/asking means you are worshipping God in Spirit and in Truth. undecided

Truth refers to all almost 100 commandments aka the Gospel or God's Truth. And worshipping Aka obeying/serving God in spirit refers to the fact that His followers are born of Spirit aka they are those who as a result of being born-again have a new spirit installed inside of them by God. undecided

5. I suggest you stay away away from all pastors and mogs and focus on receiving directly from God that which is of God. undecided

1 Like

Re: If You've Been Filled With The Holy Spirit. Share Your Experience Here by Ficco(m): 2:22pm On May 29, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

If you testify about yourself, your testimony is not true (unacceptable). John 5:31 Would you accept the report card of a person who marks his own exam answer script?

So, it is. You are not the proper person to say "I am born again" it is other people who will tell you and everyone else that YOU ARE DIFFERENT!

That is how the Mark of God is and how it is proven that you are in deed of a different birth (born again).

And He is the One Who Marks your script and bestows upon you The Gift of The Holy Spirit at the completion of your classes.

That is how it works.

1. If you've received the salvation from our Lord Jesus Christ, you should be able to know that you are born again because your conscience will bear you witness. It is called the inward witness. See Romans 8:16-17. People can also testify of your lifestyles openly, but it can be deceptive. It's only God that knows the true heart of man.

2. I don't think you have to go through some tediuos classes to be born again. The Bible says if you confess with your mouth that Jesus Christ died, buried and resurrected for your sake and you accept Him in your heart as your Lord and savior, you shall be saved. Romance 10: 9. Afterwards, you grow and build yourself in the word.

God bless you.
Re: If You've Been Filled With The Holy Spirit. Share Your Experience Here by Kobojunkie: 4:04pm On May 29, 2022
Ficco:
1. If you've received the salvation from our Lord Jesus Christ, you should be able to know that you are born again because your conscience will bear you witness. It is called the inward witness. See Romans 8:16-17. People can also testify of your lifestyles openly, but it can be deceptive. It's only God that knows the true heart of man.

2. I don't think you have to go through some tediuos classes to be born again. The Bible says if you confess with your mouth that Jesus Christ died, buried and resurrected for your sake and you accept Him in your heart as your Lord and savior, you shall be saved. Romance 10: 9. Afterwards, you grow and build yourself in the word.
1. Jesus Christ never required any of your public declarations and testifying so yes, being born-again has absolutely nothing to do with all that meaninglessness. However, Jesus Christ did say that those who are born-again are born of spirit and this aspect goes beyond your conscience. So are you truly born-again .I.e do you feel and know a spirit presence inside of you, something akin to an entity possessing you and maybe even going as far as to control you? undecided

2. Jesus Christ, the one whose Kingdom you enter into when you become born-again, said that you have to

▪︎ Change from following the Old way and begin following the New way
▪︎ Believe, eat His body and drink His blood to obtain eternal life
▪︎ Be born of water and of Spirit

To enter into the Kingdom of God - John 3 vs 1 - 21 & John 6 vs 34 - 57 undecided
Re: If You've Been Filled With The Holy Spirit. Share Your Experience Here by Dtruthspeaker: 6:25pm On May 29, 2022
Ficco:

1. If you've received the salvation from our Lord Jesus Christ, you should be able to know that you are born again because your conscience will bear you witness.

If you have received the salvation of The Lord, then, you will be different. And if you are different, you would know that you have truly changed (born again) and others will confirm that you have changed.

So, not just your conscience alone is a witness but your family and neighbours and colleagues and enemies will also be your witness also.

Light kept on the table cannot be missed.

Ficco:

2[b]. I don't think you have to go through some tediuos classes to be born again.[/b] The Bible says if you confess with your mouth that Jesus Christ died,...

And you have done all this yet you know in Truth that you are not Filled nor Satisfied and your soul is empty.

There is only one way. You have to learn what The Lord teaches, if not, there is no difference between you and he who declares his hatred of God.

Who do you think those who call themselves atheists are?

Answer: They are you.

The same You who thought that by saying some words and acting out, therefore they are born again.

You know the Truth. If Buhari was your father, it would show immediately and the whole world will know it. Same for the adoption of God.

But a person can deceive himself to say that he is Buhari's child and act the part and refuse to listen even when his soul tells him "shay you know we are just fooling ourselves?"

You can be on this road for the next 1000 years and you will never reach your destination. like a person going to Calabar from Lagos using Mile 2 -Agbara-Badagry -Seme road.
Re: If You've Been Filled With The Holy Spirit. Share Your Experience Here by Ayo081(m): 10:59pm On May 29, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

That is how it works.

Sir, what if he meant he has been baptized with water and now following the commanders and teaching of Christ?

OP read more on letter of Paul to the Corinthians, you could start from chapter 10 - 16.
Especially 13.
Re: If You've Been Filled With The Holy Spirit. Share Your Experience Here by peggywebbs(f): 11:36am On May 30, 2022
Hello

You can desire these gifts, as the bible rightly says but it is the Holy Spirit that decides which to give. If you can't speak now, it doesn't mean you can't have it.

However, what I'll say is discover your other gifts and use them to serve God. I couldn't speak before and I wasn't even interested. I recently asked for it and God gave it to me. I don't think anyone can give any valid explanation of how gifts are distributed but we all know that the moment you receive the Holy Spirit, a change comes.

There are 9 gifts that Paul mentions and I'm sure you have some already. Work with them and just keep asking, God sees your heart and he will give you that which you deserve.

Ficco:
Dear brethren,

I have been born again for a while and by God's grace growing gradually in the word. I have been longing to receive the outpouring of the Spirit with the evidence of speaking in tongues in my life. According to the word of God, I've learnt that one can achieve much and get lots of revelations by praying in spirit. I usually get tired when praying in my understanding and sometimes become lazy to pray. Our Lord Jesus Christ says that those that worship God must worship Him in spirit and in trust.

I have been prayed for and laid hands on for like twice by different men of God, however I'm yet to pray in tongues. I really admire those that pray in tongues and sincerely desire to pray in spirit also.

Kindly share your experience and how you were able to receive this heavenly gift and how fervently you prayed and desired it.

Re: If You've Been Filled With The Holy Spirit. Share Your Experience Here by Dtruthspeaker: 2:53pm On May 30, 2022
Ayo081:

Sir, what if he meant he has been baptized with water and now following the commanders and teaching of Christ?

Think on this, shall a person who has been deeped in water or poured water upon or whatever mode of baptism yet he does not will of God, shall such a person be pleasing to God that God will bestow upon him His Spirit?

Or A person who doeth the Will of God by virtue of his complying with what God had Commanded yet is not water baptized, shall God not be pleased with such that He could even without baptism, such a one can be given His Spirit? ( Joseph, Job, Aaron, King Abimelech Abraham's friend etc all obtained the Attention of The Lord yet they were not water baptized)

Baptism without obedience is vanity and Obedience is acceptable as proven by Saul's disobedience and Moses' usual obedience.
Re: If You've Been Filled With The Holy Spirit. Share Your Experience Here by Kobojunkie: 1:45am On Apr 20, 2023
Ficco:
■ Dear brethren, I will like to know your experience on how you're filled with the Holy Spirit of God with the evidence of speaking in tongues. I have been born again for a while and by God's grace growing gradually in the word. I have been longing to receive the outpouring of the Spirit with the evidence of speaking in tongues in my life.
■ According to the word of God, I've learnt that one can achieve much and get lots of revelations by praying in spirit. I usually get tired when praying in my understanding and sometimes become lazy to pray. Our Lord Jesus Christ says that those that worship God must worship Him in spirit and in trust. I have been prayed for and laid hands on for like twice by different men of God, however, I'm yet to pray in tongues. I really admire those that pray in tongues and sincerely desire to pray in spirit also.
■ Kindly share your experience and how you were able to receive this heavenly gift and how fervently you prayed and desired it. Thank you and God bless you.
1. You first need to in fact confirm that you are born again — born of water and born of Spirit. As Jesus Christ explained in His sermon to Nicodemus, Man was born flesh and blood from his mother's womb. Jesus Christ told you this in His Gospel, affirming what God said in the beginning when He pointed out that man was made from the clay of this earth, not spirit - Genesis 2 vs 6 - 7
5 Jesus answered, “Believe me when I say that everyone must be born from water and the Spirit. Anyone who is not born from water and the Spirit cannot enter God’s kingdom.
6 The only life people get from their human parents is physical. But the new life that the Spirit gives a person is spiritual.
7 Don’t be surprised that I told you, ‘You must be born again.’
8 The wind blows wherever it wants to. You hear it, but you don’t know where it is coming from or where it is going. It is the same with everyone who is born from the Spirit.”[/b] - [b]John 3 vs 5 - 8
And as He went on to explain in the passage above, being born-again means to be born of the Spirit of Eternal Life , and He, the Spirit of Eternal Life wields control over the one who is born of Him turning Him in whichever direction He chooses aka Spiritual possession. So, the question as far as your claim to be born-again is this are you certain you have indeed been possessed by a spirit who wields control over your body? undecided

2. God instead says that He does not answer the prayer of the unrighteous; the prayers of the unrighteous are an abomination to Him. So long as you remain unrighteous, God is not going to answer any of your prayers is what that means. So, what do you do? According to Jesus Christ, what you must do is seek first the Kingdom of God(holiness) and then righteousness, and all these things —including answers to prayers — shall be added onto you. Why? Because God made clear in His Law that He delights in answering the prayers of the righteous. undecided

3. Experience? Well, first make sure you are born-again — confirm you are in fact possessed by the Spirit of Eternal Life, and let Him guide you. Begin to live your life in continuous submission and obedience to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, if you have not already started doing that, and over time, you will, eventually be set free from slavery to sin by Jesus Christ, to be transformed into a Son of God, a vessel worthy of the Spirit of Truth, the one who is in fact the Holy Spirit. This process is likely to take about 4-years to achieve so long as you are steadfast. (The 4-year is based on the parable Jesus Christ told of the Gardener and the fig tree.) Once you become a Son of God, then you will be able to do works of righteousness by the leading of the Spirit of Truth, and God will then answer all of your prayers.( According to Jesus Christ, He will answer every prayer you said while believing, meaning even those prayers you said before you arrived at the point of righteousness through your journey.) Hope that helps. undecided
Re: If You've Been Filled With The Holy Spirit. Share Your Experience Here by Kobojunkie: 7:34pm On Apr 21, 2023
Ayo081:
OP read more on letter of Paul to the Corinthians, you could start from chapter 10 - 16.
Especially 13.
Man was born flesh and blood from his mother's womb. Jesus Christ told you this in His Gospel, affirming what God said in the beginning when He pointed out that man was made from the clay of this earth, not spirit - Genesis 2 vs 6 - 7
5 Jesus answered, “Believe me when I say that everyone must be born from water and the Spirit. Anyone who is not born from water and the Spirit cannot enter God’s kingdom.
6 The only life people get from their human parents is physical. But the new life that the Spirit gives a person is spiritual.
7 Don’t be surprised that I told you, ‘You must be born again.’
8 The wind blows wherever it wants to. You hear it, but you don’t know where it is coming from or where it is going. It is the same with everyone who is born from the Spirit. - John 3 vs 5 - 8
You cannot ignore the detail given by Jesus Christ highlighted in blue above. To be born of the Spirit of the Eternal life of God is to be possessed by a power that wields control over your very being. If you do not have Him living 24/7 inside of you, you are not born-again. undecided
Re: If You've Been Filled With The Holy Spirit. Share Your Experience Here by Kobojunkie: 4:02am On Apr 23, 2023
By the way, @Ayo081, do you believe yourself to be born again? How certain are you that you have in fact been born again, according to the Truth of Jesus Christ, and not the mental delusions of religion?

See https://www.nairaland.com/7110397/gospel-minddump/3#120563417

If you are no currently possessed by the Spirit of the Eternal Life, the very same Spirit of Life that lives inside of Jesus Christ, I am afraid you are not born again and are simply playing Christian according to the script provided to you by your pastors and mogs whom you think are anointed by God. undecided
Re: If You've Been Filled With The Holy Spirit. Share Your Experience Here by Kobojunkie: 4:18pm On Apr 25, 2023
peggywebbs:
You can desire these gifts, as the bible rightly says but it is the Holy Spirit that decides which to give. If you can't speak now, it doesn't mean you can't have it. However, what I'll say is discover your other gifts and use them to serve God. I couldn't speak before and I wasn't even interested. I recently asked for it and God gave it to me. I don't think anyone can give any valid explanation of how gifts are distributed but we all know that the moment you receive the Holy Spirit, a change comes.
■ There are 9 gifts that Paul mentions and I'm sure you have some already. Work with them and just keep asking, God sees your heart and he will give you that which you deserve.
1. Nowhere in the Gospels is it indicated that it is the Holy Spirit who makes this decision. As a matter of fact, the Holy Spirit aka the Spirit of Truth interacts, according to Jesus Christ, with those who are holy, and not just anyone else. undecided

2. Do you have personal experience with any of the 9 gifts you speak of? undecided
Re: If You've Been Filled With The Holy Spirit. Share Your Experience Here by Tboy222: 5:34pm On Apr 25, 2023
Ficco:
Dear brethren,

Being filled with the spirit takes faith
Re: If You've Been Filled With The Holy Spirit. Share Your Experience Here by Kobojunkie: 4:35pm On Apr 26, 2023
Tboy222:
■ Being filled with the spirit takes faith
1. I hope you mean submission and obedience to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ - John 14 vs 15 - 23. undecided
Re: If You've Been Filled With The Holy Spirit. Share Your Experience Here by Kobojunkie: 4:08pm On Apr 27, 2023
Ayo081:
■ OP read more on letter of Paul to the Corinthians, you could start from chapter 10 - 16.
Especially 13.
Stop lifting the words of Paul over the head of Jesus Christ abeg! undecided
Re: If You've Been Filled With The Holy Spirit. Share Your Experience Here by Maynman: 4:58pm On Apr 27, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Man was born flesh and blood from his mother's womb. Jesus Christ told you this in His Gospel, affirming what God said in the beginning when He pointed out that man was made from the clay of this earth, not spirit - Genesis 2 vs 6 - 7
You cannot ignore the detail given by Jesus Christ highlighted in blue above. To be born of the Spirit of the Eternal life of God is to be possessed by a power that wields control over your very being. If you do not have Him living 24/7 inside of you, you are not born-again. undecided

To be “born from” and to be “born of” are not the same.

(1) (Reply)

Islam, The Anti-Christ Offshoot Of Christianity / Today Is ‘international Buy A Priest A Beer Day’ / What The Bible Say Concerning Tithing (pastors Won't Tell You This)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.